An Open Heart

Open Hearted

Your name is Choi Yoonhee, you're 16~19 years old and have been a fan of Super Junior since their debut in 2005. In particular, you like Leeteuk the most. You're like Sung Shiwon (Reply 1997 reference) and have his face (and s' faces) plastered everywhere.

An Open Heart

 

October 23rd, 2012

Taking a break from your biochemistry homework, you look at your calendar, noticing a date circled in blue. You sigh and yank at your hair, pushing your chair away from your desk, kicking at the keyboard tray like a spoiled brat. You didn't even bat an eyelash for the Shinhwa oppas when they enlisted. You were barely fazed when Kangin-oppa and Heechul-oppa enlisted. You were also pretty indifferent when Hankyung announced his departure. But this . . .

October 24th, 2012

You spent every minute outside of class and the studio watching old episodes of Inkigayo and the likes, skipping through every artist except Super Junior. You didn't hear your mother call you for dinner, and ignored your father since last week because he said Leeteuk-oppa looked like the love child of a dinosaur and annorexic monkey. He also dissed oppa multiple times before. He just didn't get it. It was Leeteuk-oppa. Leeteuk-oppa was enlisting next week. Then he flipped the power switch in your room, making your screen turn black, forcing you out of Super Junior-plastered cave to eat.

October 25th, 2012

You failed a history exam, and your teacher thinks you're a mental case because you wrote that the factor that caused World War II was Lee Donghae-oppa who kept dumping water on Leeteukie-oppa when he was trying to sleep.

October 26th, 2012

You wasted an entire late-night cram school session writing a fanfiction with yourself as the heroine and Leeteuk-oppa as the knight on a white horse.

October 27th, 2012

You wasted the entire day watching every show you recorded over the years with Leeteuk-oppa in it with a bucket of vanilla icecream in your lap. You just started talking to your dad again when he said Leeteuk-oppa looked like your aunt with a facelift and tried peeling oppa's face off the wall near the dining table. You screeched at him until he stopped and left the house to cool off.

October 28th, 2012

You spent all day chatting and crying with your girlfriends over the catastrophe that was coming in less than forty-eight hours until your dad came in screeching about phone bills. So you used a chatroom with your friends while blaring every song that Super Junior's released since debut. You randomly burst out laughing like a maniac between videos, making your mom and dad wish they never decided to have second child as your older brother leaves to crash at his friend's house for the week.

October 29th, 2012

Minutes to midnight, and you're a mess. There's two empty containers of icecream and a half-eaten container of instant ramen on top of your open history book; your desk is also littered with used tissues and the wastebin under it is overflowing.

October 30th, 2012

And he's gone for two years. You felt like dying.

 

Everyday, you check multiple sites and celebrity gossip blogs for any news about him. You ask that autographed poster if he's doing well every morning when you wake up.

This went on for a few weeks until you got over the shock of your bias hitting thirty and enlisting. Then you latched onto EXO to forget your pains, getting ridiculously attached to Suho-oppa and making your family groan all over again.

 

"Mom! Look at Suho-oppa's eyes," you squealed on the couch as you watched MAMA Awards, squashing the cushion with his face on it.

"Uh-huh," your mom replies, focusing on the fruits she was peeling.

"Momma, no, look! Look at how oppa's eyes sparkle! He's just so special!"

"Uh-huh," your mom glances up, frowning. "I thought the one you liked looked more like . . . It was him?"

"No, that was Leeteuk-oppa! They're completely different, see?" You place the cushions side by side, pointing at Suho-oppa and Leeteuk-oppa. "This one is Teukie-oppa, this one is Suho-oppa!"

Your mom sighs, going to the kitchen, leaving you to pout. How can she not tell the difference?

 

While surfing the net, you come across an article about Leeteuk-oppa; he wrote a letter to ELF. You haven't paid any attention to Super Junior lately, so you opened the link for the heck of it. 

And then you open that folder that contained every clip--your own fancams included-- of Super Junior.

And you were a mess all over again.

And you buried Suho-oppa under the dresser somewhere, crushing Leeteuk-oppa's cushion instead.

 

XMonth, XDay, 2008; fansigning event-

Ah, there's so many people here. You wanted to scream. There was no way you'd be able to get his autograph today, either. You could see them all being led away and wanted to cry. You were here since yesterday morning waiting for him.

But suddenly, with a team of staff members and a manager, he begins to plow his way through the masses toward you. And he smiles with his dimples showing as he reaches you.

"Are you an ELF?" he teases as you hide behind the banner you made for him.

"Oppa--" you stuttered, completely flustered. You fumble in your purse for a picture of him. "Could you sign, please?"

And he ruffles your hair, making your face flush several more degrees.

"Such a pretty ELF," he laughs. "What's your name? You waited such a long time for us, didn't you?"

"C-choi Yoonhee," you stammer, staring at the ground as he signs. And suddenly, he embraces you. He smells sweet and he's warm.

"Thank you, Yoonhee-ya."

To our Yoonhee: Good luck with your exams~ Thank you for being ELF ^-^ Even if the sky were to fall and the ground to crumble, Oppa's heart won't fear anything so long as ELF is here~ Hwaiting <3

 

November 6th, 2014; Super Junior 9th anniversary party and fanmeet

"Oppa!" You joined the chorus of fans screaming various members' names, eventually making your throat sore as you screamed his as they exitted the stage. 

Your heart nearly stops when Leeteuk-oppa reappears with an entourage, making his way through the swarms with that beautiful dimpled, dazzling smile. And you duck behind his banner.

"Are you an ELF?" he teases, tugging away the banner.

"Oppa--" you croak as tears form.

He ruffles your hair. "You waited a long time for me to return, didn't you?"

You felt yourself nod.

"So why the tears, Yoonhee?" And he hugs you tightly, chuckling softly.

Because oppa is oppa. You can't even make a sound as your mind scrambles like eggs in an industrial sized beater.

"Oppa's heart stayed strong and open because of ELF," he says. "Thank you for waiting."

 

END

20131130 - Jaedelle had 0 ideas for Leeteuk, so this was the result, sorry TT_TT Maybe http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/428701/a-hundred-days-loving-leeteuk-donghae-eunhyuk-leeteuk-suju-tragedy-you-cancer should be reposted as chapters 16 and 17 instead =_______= this was so crappy.

Final installment. Thank you for reading, everyone~ ^-^