RIDE OR DIE, WEDA LEADERS Part 2

The Clueless Gizibe
RIDE OR DIE , WE DA LEADERS (PART 2) 
 
 
MARCH 2013
CONCERT
GD SEOUL OOAK CONCERT
DAY 2
AFTER PARTY
Twosome Studio 
 
The perfection of the slender girl’s beautiful face was marred by a deep frown and an intense anger that radiates through her eyes. There was no doubt that the seething fury was caused by the red-haired man in front of her.
 
“You told me , she was nothing to you! That she was just a sister! Jiyong! How could you? “ Kiko said forcefully.
 
“Kiko-chan”...
 
“ You have some nerve having me fly out to Seoul and watch you eye-ing her in front of the whole world ! You’re one messed up !! “ Kiko shouted at Jiyong while shoving him.
 
“ Chaerin and I ..performing only” Jiyong replied somberly in his trademark broken English avoiding eye contact with his girlfriend and instead looking down at his own shoes. 
 
“Don’t take me for a fool! I may not understand Korean much but I’m not stupid! I was there while you shamelessly flirted with her!” .
“Acting. It’s acting only” Jiyong said softly as if without believing his own words.
 
“No!! I’ve been f**king you for three years! I know when you’re getting and bothered and you certainly were while you were on that damn stage.! Every single person in that audience knew you weren't faking it up there! For God's sake you and that girl were the talk even of your foreign band members!” Kiko shouted angrily 
 
“Band?” Jiyong asked. 
 
"I overheard some drunk black guy from your band ragging on that you had him kicked out of your tour because you got pissed off at him for making the moves on CL! He said you so obviously wanted a piece of CL's , it was a surprise how she seemed so oblivious of it! God! " exclaimed Kiko frustration evident in her rapid English " Do you even understand what I'm ranting about?"
 
"Chaerin and me, no relationship. Just friends, like brother , sister!" Jiyong explained.
 
“Stop saying that! You're only digging a deeper hole by lying to yourself! To think I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt!! The clothes she was wearing? You bought it for her right? The store your manager bought the ensemble from knows my people. The manager had asked if I gained weight or something cause you had bought y clothing that were clearly of bigger sizes!” How dare you!”
 
"No, not me . Xin dress her up” . Jiyong lied 
 
“You know what? You're sick! Was wiping her feet like that some part of your erted fantasies? “
 
“I just want nice performance on stage ? Is that bad?” 
 
“Jiyong, you can have a nice performance without ting on me in the process! Everyone.. And I mean everyone from your frickin' YG family must be laughing at me right now. I'm so done with you! With this! Get back to me when you're through ing on Chaerin ! “ Kiko said as she hastily left a stoic Jiyong who immediately lit a cigarette to relieve the stress that her girlfriend’s outburst has caused.
 
He could have argued and defended himself from Kiko's tirades. But he did not. He was bone tired and was still under the throes of the sickness that had grappled him since the end of the first night of his solo concert. His energy has been depleted by the concert, by his own emotional confusion , by Kiko's outburst. He is spent. Spending overnight after the first concert at the hospital , he was feeling so down and pessimistic of him continuing with the 2nd one. 
 
It was Chaerin's cheerful presence that has caused him to decide to feel better. She was so excited to perform a 2nd night in front of such a huge crowd . She was bombarding Jiyong with her excited energy , he felt he owed it to her to recover and push through with the 2nd night. So he mustered his reservoir of strength with Chaerin suggesting that she could ask 2ne1 to perform as surprise guests .
In the days to come, both YG and the media would heap praises on him for being so loving to his fans, for giving them the best despite his then physical condition .In truth, he was ready to cancel the 2nd night if not for his dislike of crushing Chaerin's dream of performing again for that huge crowd. 
 
He saw no point in arguing with Kiko. She was blurting out some truths. He really did fire Ben, his band's drummer. He really was the one who chose CL’s clothes -from that Mugler vest that showed her mole ; to that hot pants with a wrap around slit mini skirt, to her shoes. This was part of the bet he won with Xin while in London , after all. 
 
The hug, Chaerin's body bending , the shoe wiping and the general y, flirty and seductive atmosphere of the ‘Leaders” stage, these were all his ideas. 
 
He had heated arguments with his managers and the director of the show about his vision for how "The Leaders" should be performed. The song was a forceful declaration of superiority not a love song, they both said . But Jiyong insisted that while the song may not reinforce it lyrically, he and Chaerin may execute the moves in a playful flirty manner which will thrill the audience more.
In the end, they arrived at a compromise , with the director approving that it would have to be Chaerin doing the teasing , she will hug Jiyong so the mostly female fans won't feel detached from the performance.
 
Chaerin herself was initially against the idea of the new treatment for the song. But Jiyong impressed upon her that to repeat what they've done three years ago was not exciting and certainly not what his fans would want to see again. In the end, Chaerin submitted to Jiyong's and the staff's judgment. 
 
The first rehearsal , was a whole lot of awkward to say the least. It was the first time since Paris that Jiyong would get to actually hang out with Chaerin for a lengthy period . It was not that he was avoiding her, but he just became all tied up with preparations for his solo concert . 
 
Soon enough though, Chaerin’s natural warmth and aegyo took over what could have potentially escalated into a more uncomfortable situation. Chaerin held Jiyong’s hands while playfully hopping around like a kid and Jiyong followed suit. Chaerin tinkered with a handheld video camera , pointed it at Jiyong and in her cute child-like voice asked her oppa to pose for her. Jiyong and uttered “Chaerinnie is acting pretty strange these days” .
 
Without Jiyong knowing it, he began to feel relaxed and uninhibited in rehearsing for the Leaders’ stage with CL , even  trying on different variations of flirting with her. He tried hugging her from the back, pulling her at her waist, gently touching her cheek, to the amusement of the foreign director and the choreographer who kept on reminding Jiyong that Chaerin was supposed to be the aggressive one in their performance not him. The director even commented that if Jiyong kept on being that physical with CL during his concert, he would surely have a love scandal in his hands and could possibly lose a lot of fans for him and gain numerous haters for Chaerin.
 
Jiyong smirked and said that he was doing what was best for the show and the performance. In his mind though, he realized that he must keep his “travelling hands” at bay if he wanted to have no repeat of the Paris episode.
 
Sure that he had his emotions in check and trying to prove to himself that he was unaffected by Chaerin , he pushed the Leaders performance to a level that was not seen in any of its prior stage presentation culminating in that 2nd day hug that , much to Jiyong’s surprise, sent him and his senses in overdrive. 
 
Chaerin's one arm hug was fierce and tight and had totally left him spinning after he once again felt the curves of her come in contact with his body. A little peek and he saw that mole seductively revealing itself on her right chest. 
 
He was wearing red leather pants , and he made a mental note that to avoid embarrassing himself in front of thousands, he ought to wear something that would sufficiently cover up the bulge . In future concerts, he would wear a dress- like tunic over his pants whenever he'd perform with Chaerin or just her hologram image. 
 
Jiyong’s present thought then meandered to his now ex-girlfriend. Why couldn’t she simply let it be? She just had to make him confront so many things that he doesn’t want to at the moment. Heaving a deep sigh, Jiyong decided he will deal with her after her rage has subsided. Anyway, this squabble is nothing new. They've argued many times over Chaerin . Meanwhile he will drown himself in the success of his concert and forget about Kiko. 
 
Re-entering the “Twosome Studio”, he noticed that the party of strictly invited guests was in full swing. Idols and celebrities, fashionistas, artists all meshed together in the dance floor creating an eclectic and vibrant energy, 
 
Jiyong saw Han Ga In and Husband; Kim Hee Sun; Min ; Dok2 ; Jay Park; JYP himself; Park Hyan Byul; TOP with Hyun Joong and Jae Joong enjoying themselves , sober or otherwise. 
 
Everyone he passed by gave him a congratulatory pat in the back or shook his hands and he obliged with the mandatory smile and thank you's. His eyes though automatically scanned the crowd for his crew eventually spotting them in the far corner of the dance floor. Xin was with Sagan, busy cuddling and kissing. Youngbae was talking to JungHyun and SooHyuk was talking with Chaerin . 
He approached the group and saw Chaerin laughing it out with SooHyuk chatting over the loud club music. 
 
“I'm not kidding Chae! I've had girls who send me their underwear even when I stay in hotels . Some girls are out of hand really!” SooHyuk said loudly. 
 
“That's disgusting,oppa! Are they worn undies by the way? I can picture you collecting them like they're some sort of macho badges!” CL said
 
“You two are talking about underwear? Interesting conversation.” Jiyong said while sitting himself beside SooHyuk in the long couch the group was occupying. 
 
“ It didn't start out that way. We got into it coz Chaerin just got this totally awesome gift from one of her fanboys just now!”Soo Hyuk said in a neutral tone.
 
“ Gift? “ Jiyong inquired
 
" Well, Hyun Joong sunbae came by with TOP and gave her that " SooHyuk pointed to a single white and red hybrid rose with some sort of a golden chain attached to its stem. 
 
“That's pretty forward of him” . Jiyong said
 
“It's not what you think Oppa, he just wants a collaboration of sorts. He complimented me for our spot tonight saying we have awesome chemistry on stage. He said his management will try to work out something with YG and Teddy so he could work with me!!” Chaerin exclaimed her excitement conspicuous.
 
“There would have been no need for a rose if that was his only intention” Jiyong pointed out. 
 
“ I know. But it is a nice gentlemanly touch nevertheless don't you think ? “ Chaerin said while looking at the rose and smelling it with deep satisfaction. 
 
SooHyuk for some reason was silent ,Jiyong noticed , giving off a deep sigh. Jiyong was rendered silent. Jiyong noticed that SooHyuk suddenly took another swig at the beer he was holding . 
 
“You drinking too Chaerin? “You let her drink" Jiyong directing the question to SooHyuk both of them knowing how easily affected by alcohol Chaerin was.
 
" No Oppa, am not" “I want to , but I’m hungry and there 's no real food served here. I've only had crackers since this morning.”
Jiyong thought for a while then said "Cmon, let's go out" he prompted Chaerin. I’m dying of hunger too. Hyukkie, wanna ditch this party for a while and have some dinner ?”
 
“You're leaving your own party? “ SooHyuk asked
 
“It has and will go on without me. Just look around, everyone's already enjoying themselves”
 
SooHyuk wanted to take up GD's offer but Jun has told him a producer was going to the party to discuss an offer for a possible cable drama with them. 
 
“I can't Ji. Jun's set up a meeting with some producer here. They’ll be here in a few minutes.“
 
“Business meeting while partying? “ Jiyong commented.
 
“Well, I'm not a wealthy idol like you two . Just bring back some take out if you can. You'll be back anyway right? “ SooHyuk asked.
 
“ Yep.” GD replied 
 
“How the hell are you guys sneaking out of this joint by the way? “ SooHuk asked.
 
“I know this place inside out. Chaerin go to the kitchen after me. I'll wait for you there” Jiyong instructed CL as he himself stood up prepping to walk towards that direction.
 
“ Aren't you gonna ask the others? “ CL asked 
 
“Naah! We'll be gone for just a bit and it'll just bring attention if most of us leave “ said Jiyong. “See you later Hyukkie” Jiyong said while doing a little wave to his friend 
 
“You're that hungry ?Why didn't you say ? …. I could have taken you out to dinner if you said so earlier“ SooHyuk said almost a bit accusingly while shyly looking at CL after GD has left.
 
“ I don’t want to impose , Oppa” CL replied
 
“ It won’t be an imposition Chae. “ SooHyuk said almost shyly.. “Aren't you afraid you'll be seen with Jiyong alone? “ SooHyuk asked
 
“We won’t be alone, I’m sure the managers will come, … Or maybe Kiko. Maybe she’s already there waiting for us “ said CL mischievously
 
“ Third wheel, huh? “ SooHyuk commented
 
“ I’ve always been one where you guys are concerned . I don't mind anyway.” CL said with a smile.
 
“ Hey, hey. I don’t remember ever putting you in that position.”
 
“Maybe not intentionally..” CL replied
 
“ Chaerinah..”
 
“ As I said , I really don’t mind. I don’t know what it is about me that makes me a “safe companion” for you guys. I’m immune to those romantic scandal it seems. Is it because I don’t look like somebody who you guys would actually date? ”
 
“ Hey, stop that line of thought Chaerin.! Don’t sell yourself short. Don’t let this get into your head but…” SooHyuk cut his statement as if having second thoughts whether he should continue to say what was on his mind.
 
“ But what oppa?
 
“ ..You’re girl friend material..” he said almost bashfully.
 
“ Oppa, you do not have to say that just to feed my ego. “
 
“ I’m not saying that just so.. but because it is true”
 
“ That’s sweet oppa. But I won’t believe you unless someone does approach me even for just one date. “ CL said with a laugh.
 
SooHyuk did not reply anymore thinking that if only Chaerin only knows that his erted Oppa thinks of her not just as his simple dongseng.
 
“ Anyway, I am not bothered by what people think or believe of me anyway. Most people have already pegged GD oppa’s and my relationship as a platonic one .
 
“Do I detect some sense of disappointment there Chaerin? "
 
“Aay, you're just as gossipy as a neighborhood ahjumma. I did not take you for one Oppa" 
 
“Ahjumma? I've been called beautiful male , female like .But never an ahjumma . You're far too cruel Lee Chaerin. “
 
“Ha,ha. Well, it's good then. You need someone like me to bring your ego down a notch ."
 
Yup, I do need someone like you he muttered to himself . “ Uhm, see yah later? “
 
“Not really sure Oppa. Might be turning in after dinner. I'm really exhausted “
 
“You're the real ahjumma Chae!!" 
 
“Yah, yah. I'm an ahjumma at heart. Is that so bad? " 
 
“Eew, and not even ashamed of it. Come back …please!! “
 
“I can’t promise but I will try oppa. Have to go now “ .She said extending her hand to SooHyuk who held on to it a bit longer as if to convince her to stay longer.
 
Chaerin gave back a full smile that almost hid her eyes. “Ok, ok. I'll come back with Jiyong oppa. “ Just then Chaerin's phone vibrated . “Ooops.. Really must go! Jiyong ahjussi is complaining what's keeping me long.” 
 
“Now let my hand go so I can eat now please” Chaerin said.
 
CL's phone started to ring and he exclaimed, " G, the ahjussi is impatient" .
 
“I'll run now “ she said while taking her hooded jacket and wearing them haphazardly with his eyes following her every movement.
Chaerin took off for the cafe's kitchen and passed through some of its staff who are all familiar to her 
By the exit door , one of Big Bang's manager waited to usher her into the awaiting vehicle where Jiyong was already in.
 
Upon sitting beside him, Jiyong muttered. “What held you up?”
 
“Nothing, just SooHyuk oppa joking around”
 
“ Where’s Kiko? She in the restaurant already? “she asked
 
“Nope . She went back to the apartment”. 
 
Chaerin nodded fully aware that Jiyong allows Kiko the use of one of his many apartments whenever she’s in Seoul on “unofficial“business. “I thought she's coming with us.” 
 
“She”...Jiyong hesitated...”she has to go to go back to Japan for work, so she needs to pack and all”
 
“What a tight schedule she has. You should be happy she flew in just to watch you perform. “
 
“ We.. actually got into a fight earlier”
 
“So that was why? “
 
“Why what?” he said
 
“You looked all kind of pissed when you came from the balcony .”
 
“I sometimes wish.” ,,he began
 
“Wish what? “ she said.
 
“ Nothing. I'm starting to think I'm a at relationships.” 
 
“Oppa. It's just a fight. Normal relationships go through it . I’m sure you will patch it up eventually.” “What exactly did you do this time? 
 
“Why do you immediately assume it was my fault?”
 
“Coz it most probably is” she said with a smile
 
“ I didn’t do a thing.”
 
“Must be hard to be your girlfriend” she said pensively. 
 
“Do you really think that Chae? Wanna give it a try?” Jiyong said impishly while attempting to place his arms over Chaerin’s shoulders.
 
“Yaah. You’re such a tease, oppa.” she said with a near blush while gently pushing away her senior’s arm. “It’s hard to be kept a secret , Oppa” she said seriously. “I don't think I can do the same when I am in love” Chaerin added.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Hide my boyfriend. I think I would be way too transparent”
 
“Could you stand being kept out of the public? “
 
“I really don't know. Maybe for the right guy.” she said earnestly
 
“And who is the right guy, Chaerinah?”
 
“No idea. I still dream of a great romance Oppa. The fluff as you said before. Has not yet come ,but I'll take my chances. “
 
“Maybe HyunJoong likes you. “
 
“You think? The gift was rather well thought of. “
 
“A rose? “
 
“It's my favorite flower. “
 
“And the hybrid color stands for what ? The impurity of his intentions? “
 
“Ha, ha. I don't know. If he does make a follow through then I'll give meaning to it. If not, I'll take it as nothing more than what it is-just a gift. “
 
The vehicle stopped . “We're here. “Jiyong announced.
 
“I hope it's not too crowded.”
 
“Not at this hour I think. Consider this my thank you dinner for you and for the girls for helping me out.”
 
“No oppa! Let this be my treat! This will be my thanks to you for giving me a chance to show a different side of me which even I myself doubted I could do ."
 
Jiyong looked at the girl next him and said " If you insist, Rinnie. You're the only girl anyway who treats me instead of asking me to pay" . 
 
“Even the richest idol deserves a free dinner once in a while. “ she said amused.
 
“ Prepare to spend for a lot. I'll eat like a monster today since you’re paying. “
 
“Eat as much as you want Jiyong oppa. You deserve it! And you need it too, you’re thighs are so much more skinnier than mine “Chaerin encouraged
 
Jiyong laughed at Chaerin’s observation. “You’re thighs are perfect as they are, Chae. Don’t you ever think of making them thinner than they are now” he commented while slyly looking at her legs exposed by her then attire of matching shorts and oversized sweater.
 
“Oppa!!” Chaerin responded with a bit of embarrassment.
 
In such a light and happy mood , off the two went to the Chinese restaurant where they were photographed together later in the evening..
 
MEETING WITH YG, TEDDY, CL
AND MANAGERS BEFORE THE
“The Baddest Female " SOLO
 
 
Jiyong was in a rush to the 7th floor of the YG building to consult something with YG Sajangnim regarding a recent real property acquisition he had made.
 
He entered the CEO’s office ,as he is freely used to doing, only to find out that his CEO was in a meeting with Teddy, CL , Xin and 2ne1 managers.
 
He would have backed off immediately but his curiosity got the better of him. 
 
“Are we plotting world domination here? Why didn’t I get the memo? “He said while sitting himself in the couch near Teddy. 
 
“Jiyong. Your timing as usual is impeccable” said YG. “We've decided on releasing a solo single for CL.”
 
“Owws. That's good news. Just a single though? Haven’t Teddy hyung here produced a bunch of songs for her. Why not a mini album at least?” 
 
“This is testing the waters Jiyong. It's not more about the song but rather a change of image for Chaerin and 2ne1 eventually”
 
“Changing their image?”
 
“They've proven that they can do the fierce & Ms. Independent route very well, but they can't always be like that. “
 
“So they'll be cute and girly this time? That will be quite a drastic departure .” Jiyong opined. 
 
“Chaerin's solo will basically bridge the gap. Her song will be badass but the visuals will be more feminine swaggy, a bit seductive but still cool. Very Aaliyah-like.”
 
“Have you decided on the song yet”Jiyong asked.
 
“I thought Nappeun Gizibe will be totally appropriate. You've heard my demo of it Oppa? " Chaerin chimed in.
 
“Hmm. That's a risky choice Chae. Mid-tempo hip hop? Not to everyone's liking But if it's an image revamp we're ultimately gunning for, I'm pretty sure this song is a perfect fit. It's a bonus that I like the song too. “
 
“The plan is to release a 2ne1 song after Gizibe. To be honest Ji, I got the idea from watching you and Chae in your concert “
“Huh? Really?”
 
“The CL in your Seoul Concert is a matured, seductive flirty CL but the fan reaction was still fantastic . If we intend for 2ne1's longevity, I think they must be able to interpret various genres and concepts. “ the CEO explained. 
 
For the next weeks Jiyong watched in fascination at how Chaerin single-mindedly pursued and prepared for her solo debut. She doubled her time at the gym , worked on her raps , oversaw the MV design and the promotional campaign for her song while rigorously learning the choreography of her song. The YG creative team was surprised at the prolific ideas Chaerin continuously churned out such as using the sidewall of YG building for a light presentation or the use of her eyes and mole as some sort of her trademark image. 
 
Jiyong couldn't help but smile at how similar she and Chaerin were. He would show support by constantly providing food for Chaerin and her dancers surprising his friend with the various dishes he had delivered. 
 
To this, Chaerin was grateful because in fact there was no need for Jiyong to do his own food support. YG's cafeteria was known for having the best dishes served, anyway.
 
Aside from Dara, Jiyong became a fixture in Chaerin's choreography practices watching hawk-eyed how Chaerin gradually mastered the moves until it became organic to her and the movement as natural as possible. 
 
At the end of one of those sessions , when all the dancers and even Dara have left, Jiyong remained waiting for Chaerin. He was still walking with his cane then after his ankle was injured in one of his overseas concerts. 
 
“You didn't have to wait for me Oppa. It's almost midnight. You should be home resting that ankle.
“I have nothing to do anyways. “ Jiyong responded.
“Not even Skyping Kiko?”
“Not even” Jiyong has still not told Chaerin that the "little fight" he mentioned was actually Kiko breaking up with him. 
Chaerin sat herself in the position next to Jiyong and pulled both her legs up . Lost in reverie she said, "I'm really very nervous Oppa" 
“I remembered a scene exactly like this four years ago”
“Huh” Chaerin asked facing her oppa directly.
“When 2ne1 was about to debut” Jiyong replied.
“It does feel like a debut all over again only this time… all this is on me”she said with evident trepidation. 
“You'll do great Chaerin” Jiyong said lightly patting Chaerin's right hand with his. 
“What if my single flops?”
“Then that only means Korea is not yet ready for you. You've worked hard for this and it shows in your performance. You've already succeeded in my eyes because of that. “ he reassured her.
“You make it sound so easy , Oppa. But thanks. It means a lot coming from you.”
“You need to rest Chaerin. You look beat.”
“I am beat . But happy at the same time. You're right Oppa. I'll just give this all I’ve got, no matter the result. “
“Hey, by the way I have something for you.” he said as he dove into his bag and took something from it then handed it over to CL.
“What is this? “ asked CL as she opened the tightly wrapped package.
“Just something I asked Ambush to customize for you. Am sure you can use it in your MV. “
“Wow, Gizibe brass knuckles! This is beyond cool oppa. Thank you!”
“Fighting, Lee Chaerin!!” he said as he raised his right fist .” Are you hungry? Do you want to grab something to eat? “
“How can I be hungry after that Italian food you brought. Though coffee would be nice . It is kinda late already though.”
“How does YG cafeteria coffee sound to you. “
“Good enough. Better than what I can whip up at home myself. “ she said.
“Speaking of which, when are you girls going back to your dorms. I'm not comfortable with you being in your apartment all by yourself. 
“Am not by myself now anyways ,oppa.”
“What? Do you have a new roommate? “
“Harin's in Seoul now. “ she replied.
“But she'll surely be leaving soon, won’t she? Why can't you just stay with your grandparents or your aunt? “
“I need my own space. And I can’t build my own place within my grannies' houses like you did on your own . Anyway, the building I stay at is nice as you've seen. Min of Miss A and her family stay there too, by the way! And.... “ she said almost hesitantly “ I've seen a couple of old friends there also.”
“Couple of old friends? From JYP you mean?” he asked
“Uhhmm, nah, from way back . Nobody you need to know Oppa “, she said dismissively . “Point is, I know people there so it's not like I'm all by myself all the time or anything. “
“Still, I would be more at ease if you are with the girls in your dorm. “
“It's going to be soon oppa don’t you worry. “She said nonchalantly
 
In the days to come, Jiyong saw Chaerin diligently promoting her song in music shows highlighting the various fashion she impeccably donned in the video. And while the song did not meet the solid success that Jiyong's solo venture did, it did cement CL's status as a versatile solo performer capable of standing on her own. 
 
In the Inkigayo episode where Chaerin promoted, she did win a mutizen award to the delight of Jiyong who was watching the same through live streaming as he was abroad in his solo concert at the time. He was so proud of Chaerin and without any hesitation he admits that the Baddest Female is his kind of jam.
 
Seeing Chaerin perform TBF adds another layer to the song. She is such a joy to watch on stage and evidently other idols aren’t immune to her charisma as well. As Chaerin was accepting her award Jiyong could not help but notice that she was the only female performer in a sea of male idols who even after the award had been announced stayed on stage and were dancing enthusiastically to Chaerin's song.
 
Jiyong noticed that Chaerin even interacted with some of the guys from SM's rookie group EXO who he thought were perhaps surprised at the friendly gesture from the famously swag-filled 2ne1 leader.
 
Jiyong could not decide whether he should feel happy for Chaerin 's song getting the attention from other idols or whether he should be annoyed by the pesky young males who just seemed to want to get Chaerin's attention . 
 
After dilly-dallying for almost half an hour , Jiyong decided to give her a call. She was laughing heartily when she answered Jiyong 's call. 
 
“Oppa, I won!” she said happily.
“ Yeah, I watched the show. Congrats! Are you busy? It looks like you’re speaking with someone.” he asked as he heard loud noises and boisterous laughter in the background.
“Uhm, Ki-chul oppa dropped by my dressing room and is now pestering my Japanese kiddos.” she said referring her team of young Japanese dancers.
“Kichul? Isn’t he with SM now?”
“Yeah.
“From the noise I hear, it looks like you’re having a party there and I’m missing out”
“Ha, ha. Kichul-oppa brought some of his…uhhm ..friends along. ..Kri..stop..Look oppa, I got to go ! I’ll call you later ok ?” she said.
‘Chae..” he rushed but the other line went out. “What the hell. What is going on with Chaerin?” he muttered. She seemed to be addressing someone else while speaking with him. 
 
He was about to call her back when suddenly his phone rings ..To his surprise, it was Kiko calling him. After almost 2 months of barely no communication , he really does not know what to say to her any more. With much hesitation , he answered picked up the call.
 
“Uhmm hello, Jiyong. . It’s me..Kiko.”
“ I know…” he responded
“Uhmm.are you busy?he heard her say 
“A little.”
“This is awkward..” Kiko said seemingly not knowing what to say. Jiyong was silent too. He honestly has no idea what to say to the girl on the other line.
“I just wanted to say that…I’ll be coming to Ambush’s launch in Singapore at the end of the month . I heard you’ll be there too and that you’ll have your concert there also”.
When she heard nothing on the other line, she continued by saying “ Look , Jiyong, don’t make it any harder for me. I’m trying here. Can’t you see? “ she pleaded.
“I don’t know what I am supposed to do, Kiko. What do you want me doing? “ he said.
“Let’s talk. I want to see you. Let’s meet in Singapore, GD.”she proposed.
“Not sure that’s a good idea” he said .
“I was wrong ok? I should not have accused you like that. I know Chaerin is close to you and I was jealous. But I had no right to…” she was saying when she was abruptly cut off by Jiyong. “Kiko, you were right.”he contradicted her.
“About what?” Kiko asked.
“My feelings for Chaerin”he admitted almost in a hushed voice.
“No! She’s just a good friend. Your girl best friend. I can understand your relationship now. Don’t let my words before get into your head G.” she said assertively.
She then asked, “How about me? Don’t tell me you’ve gotten over your feelings for me? 4 years Jiyong. We’ve been together that long! ….You simply can’t throw that away. “
“I need to think.”Jiyong said.
“You’ve had more than two months to do that”
“This situation is difficult. Complicated.” He defended
“I just.. want to make it clear Ji. I’m willing to take you back . I will see you in Singapore? “
“Ok, ok.” he said with resignation as he ended the call. Jiyong knows that in as much as he had deemed the Kiko chapter closed, he owe the Japanese girl that one last meeting. This is something he also needs to do for himself. 
 
 
JUNE 28 
SINGAPORE
SALON BY SURRENDER
AMBUSH x G DRAGON COLLECTION LAUNCH
 
​Jiyong looks at his watch for the 5th time in the past half hour. It’s not that he is particularly fickle with time. He just wants to time his leave-taking at the boutique where the launch was being held so that he would be inconspicuous as possible to the media.
 
He is supposed to meet Kiko at Verbal and Yoon’s room at the Marina Bay Sands within the hour. They’ve decided that it would be better not to have Kiko attend the actual launch so as not to cause another scandal. She, thus, stayed in their couple friend’s room cooped up there since early that morning. He thought that it would just be safer for them to meet there instead as YG was billeted there as well.
 
Jiyong slowly and stealthily approached Earl Chen , Salon by Surrender’s owner , and informed him he was about to leave. He then scoured Verbal from the crowd and signaled him that he’d be going to his meet-up in their room. Jiyong then proceeded to the backdoor of the venue where a waiting vehicle was ready to bring him to the hotel.
 
In truth, Jiyong is unsure of Kiko’s own purpose for her wanting to see him. He was certain though that no reconciliation would come of it. He is ready to move on without Kiko, that much he was sure.
 
After this meeting, he wants to focus on sorting out his own strong but still nebulous feelings for Chaerin. Ahh, Chaerin. Thinking of her puts a smile on his otherwise tired face. As busy as she was preparing for 2ne1’s comeback she has consented to appear for this Singapore leg of his concert. Being the firecracker that she is on stage, Jiyong knows that their performance would never be boring or awkward.
 
Even YG had to concede that the two of them have that indefinable chemistry together when performing. And it was not even a scripted act. Most of the time their greatest collaborations are unplanned and were just improvised. It’s like the two of them have that sense of what the other wants to do and they’d just respond intuitively to the other.
 
His excitement over Chaerin’s coming to Singapore must be held at bay for a while as he needs to deal with the Kiko business first. As he pressed the doorbell, Jiyong felt a little flitter of nerves. Immediately, Kiko opened the door. Jiyong could not help but admire her ex-model girlfriend’s beauty. She has a face that is hard to get tired of. Even without a smudge of make-up on he had to admit that she was beautiful. She was wearing very short shorts and a tight shirt which exposed her long legs and lean figure to full advantage.
 
“Hi, Ji” she uttered almost shyly. “Come in.”
“ Hi.
“You want anything?" she asked
“Nah, Yoon prepared food in launch” he said as he sat himself on the couch nearest to the door.
“I’ll cut to the chase Ji, I think we should get back together." 
“ That’s bad idea.”Jiyong countered. 
“How can you say that.?” Kiko asked
“Let’s be just be friends”
“How clichéd that line is Jiyong! I’d never peg you to be one who’d use that!” she said with a forced laugh.
“I have to understand my feelings for Chaerin. I don’t want to be unfair to you.”
“ You know me Jiyong. I do not give up easily. If I’m correct Chaerin does not even have a clue you feel something for her.”she said challengingly .
 
Jiyong was without any reply to Kiko’s suspicions.
 
“Until you and Chaerin has no commitment, I won’t stop trying.” Kiko said softly. She then rose up from where she was seated and stood directly in front of where Jiyong was, her legs making contact with his knees. She then sat down between his parted legs and started caressing his face, cupping them , and then lowering to his.
“Kiko, don’t be like this.” He said as he gently avoided her lips and pushed her away from him.
Kiko who was incredulous that he would reject her stopped her advances with a dour expression. “I’ll just take this as a challenge, GD. Like I said, I don’t give up as easily the way you did.”said she somewhat half-accusingly.
 
Jiyong stood up and headed for the door. “Do what you want. To me , we are over Kiko. “ he said leaving a dejected Kiko in his wake.
 
He heard a soft cry as he was closing the door from the outside. Honestly, he kind of felt bad for his ex. He would not have gathered the guts to admit to himself that he was wavering towards Chaerin, had not Kiko herself made him realize it. He had been so used to the habit of having Kiko as his girl that he refused to see the significance that Chaerin had in his life, how she has been a central part of him all these years. 
 
He smiled a bit at the realization that this has been the longest that he has been “unattached” and celibate in a long time. Kiko had always been satisfactory in that area, he must admit. Clearly, he will have a more challenging time where Chaerin was concerned because regardless of her image as the baddest female , he knew she is still inexperienced in . This fact made her even more desirable to him actually. The thought of him initiating Chaerin in the finer points of lovemaking caused Jiyong to smile and blush a little as images of her in various poses flitted in his mind. 
 
This is going to be a long night, he thought as he opened the door to his own suite. 
 
Just then his I-phone beeped indicating that he has a message. It was Xin asking where he was and telling him that the crew is already at the “Avalon” in the same hotel for the after-party. Jiyong replied that he was tired and that he has an early day of rehearsals the next day that he had to pass up on the after-party.
 
Jiyong looked at the spacious suite provided for him . He stared at the Singaporeskyline and realized this moment would have been perfect if Chaerin was there. 
 
He then grabbed his phone and opened a video that he has been viewing on repeat for a few weeks now. It was that of Chaerin and Jessie Jo Stark singing an acoustic cover of the Cult’s “Painted on My Heart “ at a Chrome Heart event. He was there that night the duo sang and he remembered being so captivated by Chaerin’s sultry voice that he almost tripped when he rushed towards the stage when he heard the guitar beginning to play and Jessie Jo singing. He was wonderfully surprised at how Chaerin’s voice suited the song so well and how good-sounding she was. He was unabashedly staring at her in ardent admiration as if he was a total fanboy while she was performing. 
 
He played the song from his phone and lay down on his king size bed. Just hearing that voice can tide him over until Chaerin arrives the day after .He closed his eyes and was immediately lost himself in CL's seductive crooning. 
 
 
 
June 30
2nd Day OOAK CONCERT
Singapore 
Dressing Room
 
 
Jiyong wanted to strangle Xin. Him and his big mouth. Well to be fair, none of his friends really know what his current situation with Kiko is. He had kept mum about the breakup that happened last March because he really did not want to deal with the inevitable questions that would come after. He was not really ready to spill the beans on Kiko's suspicions about his feelings for Chae yet. He thought that it'd be best to just let the situation be and just make people assume what they wanted. 
 
So it is kind of hard for him to accuse Xin of bad intent when he mentioned to Chaerin yesterday while they were having late lunch after rehearsals that Kiko is in fact in Singapore.
 
He noticed that slight surprise in Chaerin's eyes , the almost imperceptible lilt in her voice when she said "Really? " and the abrupt subtle change in her mood. He was a bit elated to realize that she might be a bit jealous, but he does not want to presume. 
 
"So you've patched things up? Good! I can't wait to see her Oppa!" "She'll watch the show right? " she asked with what appeared to him as an overly- happy smile.
 
He remained silent , not wanting his friends to know yet. He doesn't really want Chaerin to find out that in fact he was no longer with Kiko and that she was partly a reason for the separation. Knowing her, she would surely feel the burden of guilt. She doesn't want her blaming herself over his own inability to control her feelings for her. 
 
Jiyong now wondered if Kiko had told Xin of the breakup. After all, they're long-standing friends. From the look of it though, he doesn't seem to know either. Jiyong doesn't understand what was keeping Kiko from telling on their breakup even to her friends. Unlike him, Kiko had no one to protect. He had actually expected her to bad mouth him to her crew. On the contrary, like him, Kiko had chosen the path of silence instead. 
 
With the Kiko bomb out, Jiyong felt Chaerin slightly acting distant to him again. It surely showed during their performance of the first night of the concert. While Chaerin was all smiles and super y in her cleavage and midriff baring cropped top, he had detected she was a bit aloof than she had been in their Seoul performances. He was the only one who took notice of course as everyone, including the foreign concert crew was busy ogling Chaerin as she was doing her routine as they suddenly gathered on the side of the stage when the Leaders was about to be performed. 
 
He was a bit miffed that Chaerin might have felt restricted by Kiko. But then again she wasn't like that even when she knew Kiko was watching in Seoul a few months back. Argh. It's difficult to know how a woman's mind works , Jiyong thought. 
 
With resolve, he promised to himself that today's performance will be something Chaerin won't forget. If it's reassurance she wants , he will give it to her albeit even in a stage performance. He put out a smile full of mischief that prompted even his make up artist noona to ask what trouble he was brewing in his head. 
 
And indeed he almost created trouble once again, this time with questions about his relationship with Chaerin which even Singaporean dailies picked up on the morning after. Their stage started out pretty tame and as rehearsed with CL donning the same attire but now completely styling down her long blond tresses. 
 
It was in the middle part that Jiyong , to the surprise of everyone, but himself , suddenly grabbed CL in a tight embrace by her neck and arms which left the stunned but quick to react CL no choice but to put both her arms around his body so as not to lose balance. For those few seconds their bodies were in contact and Jiyong was glad for his earlier decision to wear the tunic draped over his pants coz had it not been for that he surely would have made an embarrassment of himself. With a rapid move of his head to the left his lips lightly grazed Chaerin's right upper cheek and Chaerin's face almost touched her neck.He could once again smell that distinct vanilla scent that only she emits momentarily distracting him. The short hug caused much fan frenzy and since he was in a temporary stupor over her sweet scent , it was Chaerin who had decided to end their little moment while she was giving off a huge smile. It was all he needed to see. That beautiful smile was enough for him . He'd risk anything for that smile. Even the ire of YG himself, whom he knew would definitely give him the third degree again about this hug. At the moment Jiyong doesn't give a damn. It was all about Chaerin for him. Even if she was as clueless as ever as to why he did what he did. 
 
 
MNET Day 
At the Hotel 
 
Jiyong was already hurrying to the hotel bar when he received a text from Xin saying he might be delayed for an hour or so for their drinking session as he was called in by one of the designers for 2ne1’s new promotion cycle. Xin suggested to him that he could pass his time waiting at CL's room where she's then with Harin and 2ne1staff. 
 
Jiyong with unbridled excitement smiled to himself as he proceeded to CL's suite. .
"Why is his dirty mind giving meaning to this otherwise innocuous thing of him going to her room?" Well from the outside, this could be a secret rendezvous at a hotel , a secret lovers’ meeting . He grinned. 
 
Nervously, he rang the doorbell and waited for the door to open. After a short while, it did . 
 
“What took you..” he was about to say when he noticed that it was a smiling SooHyuk who opened the door for him.
“Hey Jiyong , aren't we supposed to meet tomorrow for dinner. What brings you here? You want to have that talk badly, huh? “ SooHyuk asked.
Jiyong entered the room his earlier good mood dampened by the presence of his friend who in any other circumstance the company of whom he'd enjoy.
“Xin told me to wait for him here, we were supposed to go out for beer but he got called on an emergency “ GD explained.
“Ah, that dummy did not even tell us” SooHyuk said.
“Where is everybody ? “ Jiyong asked as he observed the absence of 2ne1 staff and CL’s sister.
“Chaerin's changing in the bath. Manager and Harin bought some food since the Japanese resto CL wanted won’t deliver.”
Jiyong weighed the implication of his friend’s declaration. “So you guys are inside a hotel room all by your selves?” he asked and thought to himself with a bit of frustration.
 
He was about to reprimand his friend for being careless when he saw Chaerin already in her trademark track suit going out of the room and moving towards them in the living room area of the suite. 
 
“Jingyo Oppa! I thought you were busy recording?”Chaerin said cheerily. . 
“Hey Chae” Jiyong uttered a bit embarrassed himself by his sudden unexplained appearance . He managed to say “Xin asked me to wait for him here.”
“So you guys are going out? “She asked.
“Uhm , just getting some beer to blow off some steam.”
“Why oppa? Did something happen? Are you ok? “she automatically asked.
“Just the usual recording stress. Nothing to worry about Chae.”he responded. “I saw you on the red carpet.. You look really pretty.. “ he added almost bashfully.
“Thanks oppa.” Chae said as she sat herself on one of the soft and plushie sofas where she put both her feet up casually. “ I was so scared I might trip on the dress. Good thing Hyukkie oppa was there. That was the longest walk of my life!”
“You could have told me you needed a red carpet …” Jiyong added
“It’s not as if you could have gone there with me anyway. You being busy and all" she said
"I could have made time as well. It's not as if we're good at keeping deadlines in the company anyway. One day couldn't have made that much difference." 
"C'mon Jiyong. Your sudden appearance there would have made a lot of eyebrows raise ." put in SooHyuk
"And yours didn't ?" Jiyong asked Soohyuk directly. 
 
SooHyuk looked at his friend in surprise. Then his face lit up as if a sudden realization dawned on him . In fact, SooHyuk remembered what Jun had told him earlier that day in the van. Jiyong also liked Chaerin. And what SooHyuk was dealing with now, is a very jealous G Dragon. 
 
Seemingly aware of the tension but not knowing what the reason behind it was, Chaerin made light of the situation by saying " Yah, I'm sorry Oppa. I should have invited you. Then I would have two gorgeous escorts and the fan girls would all be ready to kill me right there. " In an obvious effort to divert the topic from the MNET Red carpet, Chaerin asked, "What was the hitch with the recording you're doing?" 
Fully aware of what she was doing, Jiyong nevertheless indulged Chaerin by answering," I'm having trouble with the lyrics of one song. " 
"You're blocked? " Chaerin asked. "Well, some alcohol would definitely help remedy the situation, won't it?" she said mockingly. 
"Says the girl who gets drunk with a single shot of vodka!" 
"Ay Oppa! Stop telling me that. I really don't remember anything I did or say that night. But of course none of you would tell me." Chaerin said. 
"You really wanna know? " asked Jiyong. "Should we tell her Hyukkie?"
"Maybe just a bit" SooHyuk replied. 
"You were so drunk you kept on laughing and dancing and singing."started Jiyong. 
"To the tune of Nicki Minaj' Superbass. " Hyukiee said
" You were so unruly all three of us had to contain you. " added Ji. 
"Which explains why all of us were in that one bed and why SooHyuk Oppa was kind of restraining me with his arms and legs when I woke up!"continued an enlightened Chaerin. " "So that was it!" she further exclaimed. 
 
The two oppas looked at each other as if in understanding when Chaerin mentioned Soohyuk being all over Chaerin that night. 
"I definitely need to know how to hold my drink! Otherwise, I'd be forever out of it " Chaerin said. 
"Or you could just stay a teetotaler. Another proof that you're the baddest female . "Not bad meaning bad bat bad meaning good you know" Jiyong imitated with a smile. 
" You're too much Oppa. "
"I'm not kidding. You're being that good of a girl is a turn on really." Jiyong said
"Yah, stop it with this teasing. " 
"Why do you always assume I'm teasing whenever I say something remotely nice to you?" queried Jiyong. "I mean what I say." he said sincerely. 
Suddenly, Soohyuk butted in and said " Jiyong, perhaps I should join you and Xin in the bar downstairs. I believe we have something to talk about? " SooHyuk declared with his eyes fixed on Jiyong." 
"I believe we do" Jiyong said in turn. 
"You guys are being weird! What's with all that macho vibe going! " she said while cutely stifling a yawn . " I would want to find out what's eating you two but I am sleep. I think I should get a nap first" she said while she headed for the bedroom of the suite "Somebody just wake me up once the food comes eh. I stil am kind of hungry". 
"Ok Chaerin. Get that nap. " Jiyong ordered 
 
The two rivals were left alone sitting opposite each other in the living room. 
"So it was Chaerin all along. " Jiyong said. " I was kind of wondering why you haven't dated out in the open as much as you used to. I suspected that you might be seeing someone of a public figure in secret. I did think it was Hara. But It was Chaerin all along. " 
"What of Kiko? " SooHyuk simply said. 
"We're no longer together. " Jiyong said. 
"How convenient. " Soohyuk commented
"What do you mean by that? We've broken it off as early as March, so do not assume to know anything ," Jiyong said rather sharply
"A fact that you just happen to tell just now?"
"It was a matter between Kiko and I only. I owe no one else any explanation" 
" Not even Chae?" SooHyuk challenged
 
Jiyong was rendered speechless by her friend's perceptiveness. He looked at his friend and was about to say something when the door to the room opened revealing Harin, 2ne1 manager and staff carrying food and chatting it up with Xin. 
 
"Hey guys! " greeted Harin. "Where's unnie?" 
"She's napping, go wake her up Harin, she said she needs to eat" Jiyong prompted. 
Xin then said "Ji, are you up for that beer?"
"Yeah Xin." he said while standing up from the couch. "Hyukkie's coming with us too." 
"Ok. " Xin said looking with amused curiosity at his two friends who seem to both really need a drink. !, he thought. Looks like he has to prepare himself for confession time. 
 
 
THE NUTHANG CONFRONTATION 
 
“Who would have thought? said SooHyuk as he drank
"Thought what? " Xin asked. 
" That it would it will take Chaerin to bring us all to our knees. Haven't we always said how extremely different our ideal types are? Now look where the three of us are . Pining after one girl - and someone we've known for a long time at that. " SooHyuk explained 
"You know our Chaerin, always the bias wrecker, " said Jiyong. 
" Don't include me into this. This is between the two of you guys " said Xin 
" Are you sure Xin ? Because weren't you the one who told me then that you will keep on showing her your love . " Jiyong said reminding him of their convo from years back. 
"I do love her" admitted Xin " but I'm a practical guy. I'm absolutely sure that I will have no chance with her had I confessed. I didn't want to lose her friendship "
"I'm not sure you have moved on Xin. " Ji said. 
"Maybe I have not. But I know myself , I will not shove my love in her face. " said Xin. 
" You two-faced dip talk freely of love with Chaerin when you have Sagan on the side! " Jiyong said in anger. 
" Look who"s talking? Does the name Kiko ring a bell?" said Xin 
"We've called it quits. Do you think I'd pursue Chae if I had a girlfriend? " said Jiyong
" Stop lying Jiyong! You've lied to me four years ago when I asked you if you liked her.Kiko after all was your longest rebound relationship "
"I didn't lie Xin"
"Wait, wait. You've had this tally four years ago!" Soohyuk said in patent confusion
His two friends were silent. 
" I've always thought Xin liked CL a little bit too much but Jiyong, if Jun hadn't pointed it out to me I would have believed your usual spiel that she's just a sister to you. " Soohyuk said 
 
" To be honest, I trust Chaerin with neither of you guys . Both of you, you’ve played around , you’ve been with all girls . Chaerin, she's just on the verge of finding out how potent her uality is. I think you should let her be for awhile. Let her enjoy the attention for herself first . You can't confess to her both at the same to time. She'll be shocked out of her wits. " Xin rationalized 
 
" I can't promise that Xin. It might have taken me longer than usual, but I don't stay away from the girl I like. That's cowardice " Jiyong said with an underlying barb directed at Xin. 
" I'm protecting her! " Xin said
"From who? Us? We're hardly the players you try to make us out to be." Soohyuk said. 
 
" Imagine how painful it will be for her to choose between you two? Or to reject either or both of you? " Xin said. " She loves her friends and you two are just about the closest she has. I think we should all let it go, this thing we have for her. " he added. 
 
" Xin, you're being way too dramatic" Jiyong noted. 
" Do you think our friendship will survive suppose Chaerin picks SooHyuk? Honestly, Jiyong? Will you be able to bear seeing them together as a couple? I'm not just protecting her, I'm looking out for our friendship " Xin said. 
 
" I should not have allowed you to stay at my apartment in Paris. That was a mistake. " Soohyuk said drowning down another glassful of vodka. 
 
" If Paris didn't happen, I'm sure we will still be in this very same situation Hyuk. This was bound to happen. " Jiyong said sagely.,
 
"Why does it have to be Chaerin though ?" lamented SooHyuk " It could have been any strange girl we set our sights on and it would have been easier on all of us. But we all have our own history with Chaerin "
 
" Don't we just sound like three girls talking about our love problems? This is so gay ." said Jiyong
"I hate seeing you act all flirty with Chaerin. I want to punch and maim you, to be honest" Jiyong admitted to SooHyuk
 
" The only way we can move forward is for us to move backwards . Treat her as a friend , just like before, before all your hormones took over" Xin said
 
Jiyong laughed and said "Yoda, the love guru" 
 
" I'm not kidding Jiyong. This is Chae we are talking about not some random chick who you can discard easily and not care about. You more than SooHyuk should be concerned . You have more to lose career wise .Keeping Kiko a secret is easy but with CL it's gonna be damned hard" Xin said. 
" If she chooses him, " said Soohyuk 
Jiyong sighed and heaved deeply. 
 
"Xin, stop making it as if I don't care about Chaerin or that you are the only one here who does because that is simply not true!" Jiyong said. 
" She seems to be your default rebound girl. She was after Sohee and seems to be true this time with Kiko too" Xin accused. 
"You don't know a thing about what happened with Kiko!" Jiyong blurted out. 
"Then tell us! " Xin said 
" What do you wanna hear from me? Yes. Kiko and I broke up because she was jealous of Chaerin alright? Kiko thought I have had a thing for Chaerin . " Happy? " asked GD
" If Chaerin finds that out , how do you think she will feel Ji? She'll feel like the break up was because of her, that she's some kind of man-stealer. " explained Xin. 
" Seems to me that you've made your bet on Soohyuk this time Xin" Jiyong said.
 
" I'm siding with no one. What I am saying is that both of you do nothing about your feelings. No confessions. No declaration of love. We just let CL be .This is the right point for her to test her mettle and know who she is. She's got so many solo activities lined up for her. I think even a major reality show contest is in the pipe line. Don't ruin this moment for her. Allow her to open up to others not just YG people and Nuthang . " Xin said lengthily 
 
"Is that CEO Yang possessing and speaking through you Xin? " Jiyong asked in disbelief. "What if I don't do that? " , Jiyong said
 
"Up to you" Xin said. 
 
" Xin, Chaerin must learn how it is to be with a man. It's part of growing up. You can't shelter her from guys who are attracted to her simply because you can't have her for yourself" said Jiyong bluntly.
 
"Jiyong , I'm not protecting her from growing up. I'm protecting her from those who might hurt her and just play with her. " Xin argued 
"And you think Jiyong and I will hurt and play with Chaerin." Said Hyukie 
" Yes! How can the two of you just wake up one day and find yourselves suddenly liking Chaerin? Haven't you asked yourselves that? You've known her almost seven years.!Do you expect me to believe that with the flip of a switch you just found her attractive all of a sudden? " Xin accused. 
" You don't know my story Xin so stop judging and belittling how I feel for her as some sort of passing fancy. It is not." said a somber SooHyuk . 
Jiyong looked at his model friend seriously." Not everyone loves at first sight Xin. Perhaps the greatest love is the one that is tested over time, that has matured and has grown with the person. Ever thought of that? " 
" That's surprising coming from you Ji. Weren't you the one who said it was his policy to strike on the first date and waste no time in making the girl yours? " Xin retorted. 
"Chaerin is different. " Jiyong explained. 
" Seems like the two of you already have your mind set. If the hits the fan, don't tell me I did not warn either of you. I'm leaving. You guys pay for my drink , " Xin said before drowning another shot of alcohol then leaving his two friends alone. 
"I really like her. "said SooHyuk
"Do you expect me to back off just because you said that? " Jiyong asked. 
" No, I don't . I expect you to still be my friend whatever Chaerin decides. " SooHyuk said. 
" Same here. " Be forewarned though, I rarely lose”. Jiyong said with a smile. 
“Me too” . Soohyuk smiled back .