SHE CAN'T BE MINE

The Clueless Gizibe

 

 
( Note: Might be a bit boring for some but this is all I could come up with. :(. ) 
 
She Can't Be Mine 
 
 
Xin's POV
MNET Backstage 
 
Xin monitored Chaerin from the backstage of the MNET stage looking every bit as elegant and chic in her Tom Ford  zebra dress  he had chosen for her. She and Soo Hyuk looked good together walking in the blue carpet. Surprisingly, they seemed rather pretty comfy gliding through that long stretch with  Chaerin  all smiles and SooHyuk still  reaction-less  befitting the cold prince image he projected. 
 
Xin noted that they've been getting closer since their trip to Paris earlier this year. Too close , in fact. Come to think of it, he thought,  Soo Hyuk ,suspiciously,  has not dated since he broke up with Eun Ae in the early months of 2013.  Certainly this is not because he lacked for girls. He's such a pretty man that everywhere he goes,  girls flaunt themselves at him . At times , Xin  can only shake his head in disbelief at the antics girls come up with just to get SooHyuk's attention. 
 
Just a few weeks ago, in an after -party of KYE's fashion show, Goo Hara, a girl idol from the group KARA, almost got into a fight with a female model just to get Soo Hyuk's attention.
 
Nuthang knows Hara through Seungri so it was no surprise that she gravitated towards Xin, GD and  SooHyuk's group during the party. CL , who has low tolerance for parties and for alcohol , has long gone home by then. From the get-go, the newly-single Hara made it clear that she has her eyes set on SooHyuk. It was like she found a prey and she zoned in on him with assiduous tenacity, much to the annoyance of poor SooHyuk who can only smirk at the younger girl and avoid her advances. 
 
SooHyuk , to Xin and GD's  surprise , ended up feigning an excuse to go home early too  so that he can deflect the embarrassing attempt at flirtation by Hara and to save her from further ruining her reputation. even GD had pointed out that just leaving like that was so unlike SooHyuk.  While he never flirted openly, the model had the reputation for being a player and he would  willingly go with  and reciprocate , in private,  the flirting showered him by the opposite . This GD and Xin know as much. 
 
Xin could not help but wonder if SooHyuk's recent closeness with Chearin had anything to do with his change of attitude towards his many, many forward and aggressive fan girls. 
 
For surely, Chaerin has that effect on people. Knowing her changes you. Her personality , her uniqueness, her contradictions  make her stand out among girls. For Xin, he had known  Chaerin was special almost from the very first time she saw the young tomboy in SooHyuk's house 7 years ago. Her effect on him was immediate and lasting. Not exactly love at first sight. Maybe just akin to it. 
 
2006
SooHyuk's House 
Seoul
 
"How could you laugh at him like that? Isn't he your friend too? " Xin heard a voice muttered from the other end of the room. His concentration from the game he was playing waned a bit as he secretly tried to listen simultaneously to the ongoing conversation around him. 
 
Was that Jiyong's girlfriend who was openly contradicting him just then? He thought.  That's a change! Jiyong had a type.And he'd certainly never go for the bothersome, meddling and independent girls like the one who just opposed and questioned him earlier. 
 
It took Xin a while to realize that the outspoken girl was not Jiyong's girl but her companion. Just then ,  Jiyong and SooHyuk went out of the house and left the 2 girls and Xin by themselves. Xin placed a headphone to cover his ears  then pretending to appear disinterested and as if he was  hearing nothing . In truth, he was riveted to the conversation that ensued between the two girls. Xin observed the dynamics between the 2 change as soon as Jiyong was out of sight. 
 
"Don't go butting in my boyfriend's business like you know him that well! " said the supposedly sweet girlfriend Sohee ferociously upon checking that Xin seemed to be hearing nothing. " You have no right to be rude to him and his friend like that." 
 
" I wasn't being rude, I was being honest. It's not rude to point out others ' rudeness. " said the other girl clearly and firmly. 
 
Xin was surprised by the calm and steadfast demeanor of the other girl compared to the  overly-dramatic outburst of Jiyong's girlfriend. This roommate is a person who surely knows herself , thought Xin with a bit of admiration for the young tomboyish girl . 
 
"If you continue with this kind of attitude, I"ll tell JYP-Oppa  how stubborn and discourteous you are. I'm pretty sure he will never let a hardheaded and impolite trainee debut. " Sohee said with a little smile. " Sohee said.
 
"You will never make it here in Korea if you insist on being like this. Your dancing and singing are at best mediocre. Couple that with a bad attitude , I'm 100% sure JYP will not sign you up, no matter how hard and long you keep on practicing. "  the girl Sohee added rather deviously
 
"But isn't that the point of training me? To polish and cure whatever I'm lacking on?" countered the other girl. 
 
"Don't be such an innocent. Not everyone  will be signed and will debut  .JYP runs a business not a charity.  I most certainly will debut, that much I can assure you. Take my word for it, though,  Sajangnim will believe  me when I say you will be no good for the company. "  Sohee threatened. 
 
" If that's how you think of me how come you force me to always be with you and your boyfriend? " asked the roommate. 
 
"Because that's how the company works. Your roommate is your buddy. You know very well i can 't  go out  of our building without you in tow. But  if I don't have a roommate , I don't need to have a buddy following me all the time."  Sohee said as if waiting for the other girl to react. 
 
When nothing was heard from Chaerin, Sohee added, " Aren't you even curious why no one lasts as my roommate? You're different though. You're  more tenacious. Your will to be famous overpowers even your dislike of me. I'm sure you hate me to the high heavens now.But since you are smart , you still follow what I say. Because you know at the moment you're worth nothing to JYP and I'm worth everything  and more to him.". 
 
"So be a good girl and stop talking ...stop interacting with my boyfriend and his friends. Continue being the wallpaper that you are used to being." Sohee said with an innocent smile.
 
Wow, Xin thought this girl is bad news. How the hell has Jiyong landed this cookoo? If I hadn't heard what she said and just observed her face, I would think she was even being kind and sisterly to the other girl. Xin observed the roommate secretly and noticed that she remained unperturbed despite the threats hurled at her. That is strength, Xin noted.
 
Well, strong or not, Xin did not want Jiyong's nutcase of a girlfriend tormenting further the girl who had the balls to defend him earlier from his two " bully "friends. Not that he needed any defending . The girl's effort alone earned her a high mark in Xin's book, however. 
 
So Xin sighed  heavily and loudly just to enough to catch the attention of the girls and to make sure they. would hear him and then removed his head phones. With a smile , he turned to the girls .
 
"Xin Oppa! Hi, I'm Sohee. " with a sweet smile. " And this is my friend Chaerin. Are you done playing with your game. Don't let us disturb you,  Oppa."  Sohee said as if she was apologetic. 
 
" No, I'm finished playing." Xin said and then looked at Chearin meaningfully. " You're Chaerin ? " 
 
"She's not much of a talker, Oppa. " Sohee interrupted. "She raps like crazy while in the practice room but she rarely says anything outside of it. Well, apart from her outburst earlier." 
 
" Pardon , Sohee. But I'm not talking to you. " Xin said matter of factly. 
 
At that moment the three's attention was diverted to the door opening and two guys coming in.  GD sat immediately beside Sohee and rested his right arm around her shoulders in a show of public affection.
 
" What a surprise, Mr.Caveman went out of his dungeon to visit us mere mortals. !"  SooHyuk said to Xin. " I guess you finally lost, huh? It feels good interacting with actual real people right Xin?"  SooHyuk said jokingly. "  You weirdo!" he then quipped. 
 
" Before you get upset again, that's like our term of endearment for him." SooHyuk said directed his comment to Chaerin. 
 
"I was sorry bout earlier.  I just get easily riled when mean things are said like that. I hate bullies you know " she added emphatically while taking a short glance at Sohee , a fact which was not lost on Xin. 
 
" Hey, in any case,  thanks for defending me earlier from these morons. And you are right bullies are scums!"  Xin said a little bit loudly so the canoodling couple will be sure to hear his words.
 
" Oh, don't overreact you douche! " GD said while holding hands affectionately with Sohee.  " We were merely amusing ourselves. We're not bullies " 
 
" I'm not talking about you " Xin said meaningfully. 
 
Chaerin shifted uncomfortably in her seat thinking that Xin may have heard something of what Sohee said earlier. ""  I hate them  with a passion but I've  learned to handle them too." she added. 
 
" How do you handle them ?"  SooHyuk said  curious to find out how a girl described by GD as intense could possibly know how it is to be bullied, 
 
" I cuss and at them all I want in my raps. " she said. 
 
Xin went silent for a moment and then laughed. I like this girl. He thought. I really like her. 
 
 
July 2009
In A building Near YG
1:30 AM
 
It's already past midnight so Xin was surprised that the energy of his crew has not diminished . He was  in a building nearYG and near 2ne1's dorm with Chaerin, GDragon, and two other friends , Danny and Young , in the midst  of coloring 4pairs of black jack inspired sneakers. These are supposed to be CL's gifts for her  2ne1 Girls. Chaerin had asked for his help in this little project and without any hesitation his friends also jumped in on the idea. 
 
Xin was even more surprised that GD pitched in to help. The poor guy , after all, has just been dumped by his girlfriend for what Xin sees as a career move. For Xin , there's  no surprise there actually. He  has long recognized the inner in Ms. Sohee and he wouldn't put it past her to trade an almost 3year relationship with a chance to make it big in the States. His friend , perhaps , was blindsided by Sohee's defection to the West. 
 
Xin thought GD has never looked thinner than as he did then. He looked at GD who was crouched near Chaerin both of them busy with coloring the sneakers with markers, and felt a pang of pity for his friend. 
 
Xin saw that GD was keeping a close watch on what Chaerin was doing.  After his break up, GD seems to want to keep himself busy by making a problem out of anything Chaerin-related. Maybe to get his mind off Sohee , Xin thought.
 
Chaerin, unexpectedly, has become indispensable in Jiyong's now fragile state. It's as if Chaerin was his crutch , someone to whom he could be himself to  , lash out at, be rude to , confide in and absorb all his crazy negative energy. Chaerin , amazingly, was so resilient in face of GD's meltdown. She just did not budge . She was all at once sassy, empathetic, honest towards GD, just what he needed to get through the melancholy.  Xin remembered how his first impression of Chaerin was that she was strong. How spot on that first impression was, he thought. Instinctively, Jiyong has realized such strength in her and now relies on that to get him back to his feet. 
 
"You're using the wrong color Chaerin. That part should be red not black.  " GD  pointed out. 
 
"Stop meddling with what I'm doing and focus on that shoe, Oppa. If you keep on  coloring beyond the lines, that won't look good! "  Chaerin said saccharinely. 
 
" How could you say that to me, this ungrateful girl! I'm here to help you out aren't I? Hey PD-nim don't show that in 2ne1 tv, otherwise CL would be hated on by my fans for treating me this badly "  he said jokingly at the camera man. 
 
"Yes, GDshi. Our instructions are clear. You must not be seen in today's shoot. I'm not even taking shots of you at this point " the 2ne1TV crew replied. 
 
"Why don't you want to be seen Oppa? Are you afraid your face ain't pretty enough for today?"  Chaerin teased back. 
 
"See, PD-nim. This girl has no respect for a sunbae. How will she have a successful and lasting career in entertainment if she keeps acting like this? . Tsk , tsk . " GD said
 
The PD laughed at the comment and said unflinchingly , "You two would be great for a We Got Married type of show. You look so comfortable with each other. "
 
" Whaaat?"  Chaerin said. "Not with this Oppa. We're so much alike we'd probably compete for everything or just talk about things that interest us only. And that would be boring and won't make for good tv. " 
 
" Can you imagine us doing skinship? It would be like acting sweet on my own sister .That certainly would be an awkward sight PDnim. " 
 
" Anyway, you aren't my idea of a WGM partner either, Oppa." 
 
" Let me guess. Teddy Oppa would be your ideal partner ? " 
 
"Yeah. He is . " 
 
"Ha, ha. You still don't know your Teddy Oppa all that well,  Chae. His pad is like one big pigsty. You'd certainly get turned off if you have the chance to visit  him there knowing how much of a clean freak you are. " GD commented 
 
" As if you aren't one Oppa. You're even worse than I am" 
 
Xin listened to the exchange between his 2 idol friends and the crew from 2ne1tv and knew that it was heading towards a direction that he was not comfortable with. Thus,  he interrupted by saying. " Guys, anyone for coffee?" 
 
" Aargh. I badly need one Oppa"'Chae said while standing  up from where she was seated. " Come on let's get coffee for everyone . I need the exercise. My legs are like numb from too much sitting" , she said to Xin. 
 
" Hey, Chae"GD , said while tugging at Chaerin's wrist, traces of  earlier playfulness seemingly gone. " Lemme go with you two."  he said quite somberly as if being apart with Chaerin for a while would break him. 
 
"Oppa, you will be recognized. " 
 
"See these?",  G dragon pointed to the hoodie in his sweatshirt and a cap. " No one will know its me. You guys have the higher odds standing out with those pajamas both Xin and you are wearing. " 
 
" I'm not that well known  Oppa. I can freely roam around wherever.  The girls and I went to the supermarket a few days ago and if not for the cameras we would have been incognito. " 
 
"GD and I will go."  said Xin with finality. ." Anyway , you still need to finish those if you want to get back to your dorm  without the other girls  already up." He said pointing to the undone pair of sneakers .
 
"  Since when do you get to volunteer me Xin? " GD said to Xin 
 
" C'mon. You look like you could use some air . Earlier you wanted to tag along with Chae and I." 
 
To Xin's annoyance, GD looked at Chaerin like a child as  if asking for her permission. Why is GD acting all too boyfriend-ish over CL?, he thought. Even the 2ne1TV crew picked up on the signals GD was making. 
 
" Ok, its settled then. You two go ahead and I'll get busy finishing these babies  up. " CL said. 
 
GD let out a deep  sigh and said to Chaerin " I'll just treat you to your usual Cafe Americano and blueberry muffin., Chaerinah." 
 
" Thanks Oppa. That would be great" .CL said with a smile then moving her attention on the unfinished sneakers. 
 
Xin noticed the big grin on  the 2ne1TV crew's face as GD was doing his gentleman act on Chaerin. 
 
From the other end of the room, Xin then heard Danny say, " Yah, Jiyong!! You didn't even ask Young and I or even the PDNim what we wanted and yet CL here gets the special treatment. That's unfair" he kidded. 
 
Xin did not want this kind of teasing on GD and CL. So he said, " C'mon guys stop messing with GD. We'll just by everyone latte. Ok? " Xin said dismissively then pushed  GD lightly out of the door. 
 
 While in the elevator, Xin suddenly said. " I like her."  
 
" What? " GD asked, as if confused. 
 
" Chaerin. I like her." Xin said without looking at GD. 
 
A silence aded throughout the small elevator space. Both were silent. 
 
"Why are you telling me this? Tell her,  not me . " Jiyong said softly, breaking the pause. 
 
"I'm not good at telling a girl directly.You know that." Xin said sheepishly. 
 
" Wow, Xin. 2years in London , haven't made a dent in your girl skills. " Jiyong now said with a hint of awkward teasing. 
 
"Jiyong, I care for you .." Xin began saying. 
 
"See, that was easy...That's also how you tell a girl you like her" GD interrupted . 
 
" I know that the Sohee thing hurt you bad. And that you are broken hearted and all.  But Chaerin, she's special. "  Then looking at GD head on, he said, " You can get all the girls you want..Dont make her your rebound girl? " 
 
GD then said, " Xin, you're not getting things straight. I don't like Chaerin ...that way. She is just a friend who's helping me out . There are things about me and Sohee that only Chae knows. She's seen me through that entire episode so I trust her. There are stuffs I can't tell you guys or even my parents and noona, but I trust Chaerin with.  But I don't like, like her, you know." 
 
Xin looked at his friend as if not convinced." I don't know man. You seemed into her just  a while ago but for all the wrong reasons. She's a bit naive where guys are concerned . I was just afraid she might give meaning to your actions. ..I don't want her hurt." 
 
" Didn't you hear a word she said. I am not her type. And I've always said she's like a sister  to me. Don't over think it man. " , GD said. " Now I know why you were so sure when I asked  if you could style 2ne1. You just upped and left London like that,  . And there I was thinking I was the reason you agreed without any hesitstion! It's all because of Chaerin all the while. ! " 
 
"Do you think I should tell her? "Xin asked. 
 
"How else would she know?"  Jiyong replied. 
 
"I can just make her feel that I like her. I'll style her with love, man. Make her see herself as beautiful as the way I see her." 
 
GD looked at his friend with amusement and said, " That has got to be the cheesiest I've heard dude. " He laughed , then said, " Your call my friend,your call. I will not get in the way" . 
 
 
FEB 2013
LONDON , Heathrow Airport 
 
Xin saw at least six unread messages from his girlfriend as soon as he turned off his phone's  airplane mode, while waiting for his baggage . She's asking if he's landed safely in London, to call her back as soon as he can. He was about to make a call when Chaerin called, " Xin Oppa, what hotel are we staying at again? " 
 
"Bethnal Green Townhall" he answered. 
 
Chaerin snapped a quick thanks and resumed her conversation with whoever is the person on the other end of the line. Must be her dad who  as Xin remembered was in Armenia doing some field research , according to Chaerin. Maybe he's going to visit his daughter given London is but a few hours away by plane, Xin presumed. 
 
" I ought to call Sagan, " Xin thought." Naah. I'll call her when I have checked in with Chaerin and her manager" Xin decided. The long flight has taken a toll on Xin, what with all the coordination he had to do for this W Magazine shoot to happen. It's Chaerin very first solo Korean magazine spread. And pressure is on Xin to make the shoot and the project as successful as possible.
 
He was after all the one who pitched this London shoot himself. He has friends from both fashion and the arts here , schoolmates from London way back. He was sure he could manage to pull some strings to make the shoot easy peasy. 
 
In hindsight, Xin must confess he did not know what got into him when he suggested the London concept to the magazine. Well, If he was honest with himself he'll admit that as usual this is about proving himself to Chaerin. 
 
Ok, he is a jerk. He has a girlfriend yet his thought is consumed by the girl now with him in London. But Sagan knows what she got into when she hooked up with Xin . She knows about Chaerin and she said she will help Xin forget.  And at times Sin does forget about Chaerin. Sagan is one hell of a woman after all . She had him convinced a while back that he would be better off resigning as Chae's stylist. Xin did try for a while. But he was unhappy. He now knows that his happiness is forever attached to seeing Chae happy with the work he does for her. 
 
Xin  is paid for his work as her stylist but more than that, Xin had always wanted to please Chaerin, to make her feel and see herself as he sees her-beautiful, radiant, incandescent .- the same promise he has made years back. 
 
His love for Chaerin had remained unrequited and undeclared despite GD's advice to him years ago. He did not muster enough strength to confess his feelings . Instead , he just kept  them deep inside , thinking they will subside sooner or later , that the frenzy of falling in love will die down with time. Chaerin is not and could not be his , he is a,ready resigned to this fact.
 
He looked at her now neatly arranging her luggage and walked towards her to help her out. 
 
"Let me do that. " Xin offered .
 
"Sorry Oppa, the manager is still busy coordinating with the W MAGAZINE staff who'll arrive by tomorrow " she said apologetically. 
 
"Oppa,"  Xin heard her say. "Do you know what this reminds me of? " 
 
"Yeah, I do. The time when we flew to Japan after you debuted."  Xin reminisced 
 
" Ah , when we went shopping for clothes with GD! That's when  he bought me that strawberry ring remember ?"  Chaerin said gladly hopping on the nostalgic train. 
 
"Yeah. Except GD's not here with us now. " Xin commented. 
 
"Nobody knew anyway that he was with us then and that he was the official 2ne1 tv cameraman for those Japan clips. Ha, ha. Do you remember him holding the camera so near our faces and taking too many close-ups of us ? " Chaerin asked .
 
"It's good that we have this trip. Been too long since we've had this kind of travelling Chae. " 
 
" I know. I wish Jiyong Oppa were here too. He said he might follow you know.? " 
 
"He did? " Xin said surprised. 
 
" Yeah. He was the one who called me earlier asking about what hotel were billeted at.  But I highly doubt he'll go. Big Bang's got a tight schedule  and he would be coming from Malaysia. You know how exhausted he has been these days with their tour and all. It's too far for him to make the trip simply just to hang with us. " Chaerin noted. 
 
" Did you tell him we'd possibly proceed to Paris too? " Xin asked 
 
"Nah. I assumed you would. He won't be coming anyway. I'm excited to go back to Paris though. Good thing Soohyuk oppa's there now. " 
 
"Yup , that guy has his use some times. " 
 
" Ah. You meanie ,"  CL  said teasingly. 
 
"I'm not mean. I got you this London gig didn't I ? " Xin proudly stated. 
 
" And you got me beautiful clothes to wear Oppa. I owe you" , said Chaerin sincerely while nudging Xin in the arm. " How about I'll treat you and manager to dinner tonight ? That would be my way of saying thanks. " 
 
Xin said nothing thinking if he were a bad man, a very bad man he would exact his payment in other ways . But he is not. He is simply a man who fell in I love with his muse and who has no guts to tell her so. He's satisfied seeing Chaerin glow and realize her beauty though the clothes he chooses for her. He's ok with being  in the sideline. His love is so pure it needs no reciprocation. 
 
" Unless you have other plans with your friends here Oppa? Or plans with Sagan noona? " Chae inquired
 
" No, I'll take you up on your offer. I heard there's a new Japanese restaurant near our hotel with awesome sushi. Plans with Sagan ? She's in another continent Chae! " 
 
" I know . But  there are ways you know? You can Skype all night long with her . Or burn the phone lines just to say cheesy nothings to her. Or have  y , naughty conversations with her . You must miss her very much Oppa." 
 
" Chaerinah!"  He looked at her incredulously . " When have you turned into a ? " Xin  said accusingly . 
 
" ert? Get real Oppa. I'm a normal 21 year old who happens to live with , at least most  of the time , two almost thirtyish band mates. Do you think me such a prude? Of course Bom and Dara are doing " IT "you know. And they tell me things. " 
 
Xin looked at Chaerin intently and with a surprised expression. What has gotten into my innocent Chae and has turned her into this ....this woman of the world?"  You're giving me way too much info. I shouldn't be hearing this from you. Aay, what has these noonas been telling you. I hope Minzy was spared.? " 
 
" She's old enough to know these things too Oppa. " 
 
Xin scratched his head as if without any clue as to what to say. He did not expect curiosity on such things to occupy  Chaerinah. He was so focused on what he feels for her that he has actually ignored how she must have felt being unattached .
 
" Never mind me oppa. I'm .  just envious of Sagan noona . I mean she has found someone even if he's kind of away all the time. "  Chae said sarcastically. 
 
For a while there, Xin's heart was ecstatic thinking that Chae might be jealous of Sagan because of him. 
 
" Chae. Having a relationship is not as rose-colored as you see it. " 
 
" I know. It might take work, but it's work that I'd gladly do. Sometimes I think something's wrong with me . Do I really scare guys away Oppa? Am I that scary looking? " 
 
"Stop doubting yourself.  You are and will always be beautiful.  I've always told you so. " 
 
" .I wish some other guy  aside from you will find the courage to tell me so. "  she said wistfully 
 
"Be careful what you wish for Chaerin. You just might get yourself some snotty  Englishman here for a boyfriend."  Xin said 
 
" Snotty would be good for as long as he looks like J.D." 
 
"Huh? J.D. Jiyong Dragon." 
 
"No you dufus. Johnny Depp" she said with a laugh as they proceeded to the black vehicle ready to transport them to their hotel. 
 
February 2013 
Paris 
SooHyuk's Pad
 
Xin wanted to sleep badly but he couldn't. He volunteered to sleep on the floor because he was sure he wouldn't be comfortable in the couch where SooHyuk now seems to be fast asleep. He can hear his friend's  muffled but rhythmic breathing.
 
He had a long day. What with having to convince CL's manager that leaving her with him and GD would be ok then getting YG to allow them to visit Hyukkie in Paris;  the hotel fiasco and now this frigging sleeping arrangement! 
 
Xin couldn't believe that GD could be so self-absorbed to even point out that the bed should be for two and not just Chaerin's. This Chaerin bed sharing scheme is making him anxious. No excited really. While they've travelled together many times, this is the first time that he would possibly be alone with her. In the same bed. Sleeping. He couldn't imagine how he or his body would react in such intimate proximity with the girl he has loved for almost seven years. 
 
GD , on the other hand seems to be handling it well. He overheard a bit of squabble earlier between the two which seemed to have even settled as he hasn't detected any sound from the room where they are in a while. 
 
Well he shouldn't compare himself, to GD . GD has told him many times over the last years that he  is immune  from Chaerin's charm, that theirs is a friendship that is more like siblings and nothing romantic. 
 
That is not say he hasn't doubted Jiyong's intentions numerous times., like in this case. . GD flew thousands of miles from Malaysia to the the UK after an exhausting series of concerts. And Xin, assumed much to the dislike of his girlfriend Kiko. That free time could be time well spent with the gf in Japan. 
 
Xin is surprised why GD would rather spend a weeklong rest with him , CL and SooHyuk than with Kiko in a much nearer Japan. He knows Kiko and he's sure she must be reeling that his boyfriend for no reason except to hang joined the three of them without her. . 
 
Still, GD and Kiko are together and that is all Xin needed to confirm that GD only has  platonic feelings for Chaerin despite what his intuition says. 
 
Coupled with his anxiety overJiypng is his new found fear that Chaerin might  be in a ually experimental stage given the curiosity she boldly displayed a few days ago. Aah raging female hormones are just as bad, he thought.
 
Over thinking has somehow made his bladder burst so he needed to pee. He stood up and silently approached the bedroom where the sole toilet/ bathroom was . He gently turned the knob and pushed open the door slightly.  His eyes were greeted by soft blue lights  coming from the bedside lamp near a sleeping Jiyong. Make that a half -, boxers -wearing, shirtless Jiyong. 
 
" Damn Jiyong. How could he be this careless with CL? " he thought 
 
His curiosity piqued, Xin went near the bed. At least CL was wearing her usual pajama and oversized shirt. Much as he wanted to, Xin could not tear his eyes away from the sleeping duo in the bed. 
 
 GD in his half state , have encroached on the half of the bed which was supposedly Chae's portion. He was holding in his left hand a long pillow which Xin thought might have been the one supposed to divide the bed between the two of them. Obvioulsy, the dragon has pulled down the pillow wall . 
 
Without a barrier between them,  Jiyong's right hand now wasvslightly touching Chaerin's right  thigh . The girl is now facing Jiyong and sleeping on her sides with her right hand atop Jiyong's torso embracing him as if he was her pillow. 
 
Xin almost tear the two sleeping idols apart.But he couldn't. In as much as he hated seeing them in such a pose, he also saw the serenity of CL's lovely face as it rests ever so peacefully upon Jiyong's bare chest. Like for some weird reason she fitted there perfectly. 
 
Suddenly the sleeping Dragon moved . He slowly , slowly turned his body to his right, his face now directly above CL's head. He then placed his left arm on Chaerin and adjusting his right one to encircle her in a mild embrace . CL was now forced to move closer to him in the process lifting her oversized shirt to expose her abdomen. 
 
Xin then saw GD ever so gently move his face as if to sniff and nozzle the blond mop of hair of the girl beside him. He saw a little grin form in Jiyong's mouth .In some wierd way , Without even a smile or laughter  , Xin thought that his friend looked so ...happy? They both do. 
 
"Ah. The hell with these 2. " He blurted out in exasperation. " I'll  Let them  deal with the awkwardness of next morning on their own."  He did his business in the  bathroom and went out as fast as he could to force himself to go to sleep. 
 
2nd Day in Paris 
5:30 AM
 
"Xin..Xin .." The tall almost bald man sleeping on the floor heard someone say as he was at the same time being poked in the arms. "Hey' wake up" 
 
"..Jiyong..whaat? He asked with his eyes still half closed .
 
"Let's go out . Have a run somewhere? " Jiyong said. 
 
" Are you on drugs man? This body doesn't need exercise. " Xin said drowsily. 
 
"C'mon Xin. I just.........gotta get out ! "  Jiyong said pleadingly. 
 
"What time is it? " Xin asked.
 
"5:3O" 
 
"It's still dark as hell outside. Sunrise won't be till around 8 , man . Ask SooHyuk if you want but I ain't cutting off my sleep for you ."  Xin said firmly. 
 
"SooHyuk's got work today so I can't disturb him and his beauty sleep. " 
 
"Then just go back to bed will yah? " Xin muttered. 
 
" I can't ... not like this. Uhhm , I need to exercise...really Xin. I do.. And, and I just..miss... Kiko. I can't go back there now. " Jiyong said looking warily at the direction of the room where CL was perhaps still sleeping. 
 
Xin doubted if his friend's unsettled and near distraught state was because he missed his girlfriend. Kiko has little ,if not has nothing ,,to do with his wanting to "exercise" . But it might have everything to do with the girl sleeping in the bedroom. Looking at GD , he does look a little peaked, like he has an excited ball of physical energy in him that he could not contain and that needs to be released. He looks ..aroused ..Xin thought as he stifled a laugh. 
 
Take that Jiyong. That's what you get my friend for underestimating your "little sister" , Xin thought wickedly. 
 
"Just do some push ups man . Xin said then added for good measure . " Then take a cold bath." 
 
" I guess I should do that Xin."' Jiyong agreed and stood up wearing what appears to be a hastily put on shirt backwards and his boxers. As he was moving some furniture to get a larger space for him to do push ups, it took all of Xin's determination not to laugh at the very large bulge protruding from beneath his poor friend's boxers. 
 
He needs to do a couple hundred push ups and take a damn long cold shower to get that down. Damn Chaerin. What did you do with Jiyong? 
 
Ah, I'm out of this one. I'll just let all this play out until the hits the fan , Xin thought as he went back to his interrupted slumber. 
 
 
MNET 
July 2013
 
Watching Chaerin now seated in the idols area of the stage , Xin had to admire her. She was without the rest of 2ne1 and knowing how shy CL can be of other artistes outside of YG , she seemed to be doing fine. 
 
Xin took a glance at the tv monitors and noticed Chaerin sitting but a few seats away from some boys from Shinee. 
 
Xin can feel the trademark adorable  awkwardness radiating through CL. But being the tough cookie that she is she always gets through with it. She still manages to look elegant nonetheless. 
 
The presenters were now calling out the category in which CL was nominated .Moments  later her name was called and the camera panned to her who was all smiles as she stood up . She glanced and smiled at the two Shinee boys while walking to receive her award.  
 
On her way to receive her award, it was obvious  that she attracted the attention of not just a few male eyes. Eric from Shunhwa had to turn his head back just to take a good long look at her. The blonde guy from Shineee was caught on camera looking at her and saying "She's  pretty" . These guys, Xin could only grin. Xin could not be any more proud of Chaerin. A little more time and my Chae would have the world and its men at the palm of her hand and boy is she ever so unaware of it. Take a number boys .He himself has resigned out of the competition but it looks like the competitors are just going to get tougher . 
 
Just then,  he received a text. " Xin , are you with Chaerin now? Are you guys with SooHyuk? " 
 
Man, Jiyong. Why won't he text CL and SooHyuk themselves .  Chaerin is just winding down her thank you speech . Ah this guy didn't even try to watch her on TV. 
 
Jiyong you fool. What has gotten in your crazy head again. A little tease won't be bad for this guy. 
 
"Yeah, SooHyuk needs some help on styling his tuxedo for the film festival  , he is  now getting dressed . CL's styling him now ." Xin texted
 
"Why is CL doing that ? Isn't she getting ready for her performance later. Where is Jun why isn't he styling Soohuyk himself. " GD texted in reply almost immediately. 
 
"SooHyuk personally asked CL to help him out . Jun went with jongHyun to the MNET Cordi to clear up something about their script . I'm doing some finishing touches on the other girsl. So we left Hyukkie and Chaerin in SooHyuk's waiting room. " 
 
"JUST BY THEMSELVES? !!," GD texted obviously irritated. 
 
"Yup. " He texted. Xin smiled at his own little joke. How stark raving mad Jiyong must be right now, Xin thought. Chaerin , you just might get your Johhny Depp sooner than you expect. 
 
Suddenly he received another text . " Xin let's have some beer tonight ?"  Jiyong texted. 
 
" Ok I'll bring back CL to the hotel after the show. I think she's staying for the night and will check out tomorrow . Drop by around, the hotel bar round 8? Got some awesome liquor and mixes there. " 
 
Xin has a premonition of what will happen later. With a smile , he realized he and Jiyong seemed to have traded places though from four years ago. Look who ate his words, he thought. Tonight is going to be pretty damn interesting to say the least .