SHE IS A "GROWER"

The Clueless Gizibe

 

  
  SHE  IS A "GROWER" ..
 
 
Soo Hyuk's POV 
VAN en route to Pifan Film Fest 
 
"Soo Hyuk you jerk ! Why in the world did you agree to be CL's red carpet ? You've long been booked for Pifan . How can you muddle your sked like that?  Dumb ! " I heard my friend and stylist Jun ask me as he was helping me change into my formal tuxedo . 
 
" Now we have to rush to PIFF then go back to MNET for you to introduce CL's performance! Aargh , what were you thinking?" I heard Jun say with exasperation. 
 
"Did Jiyong put you up to it? " Jun asked.
 
" Jiyong? No! Why would Jiyong have anything to do with it?  Chaerin just asked me to. I didn't want to disappoint her. " 
 
" When has Jiyong not been involved in things Chaerin does? He was even the one who asked you to appear in 2ne1's new MV right?" Jun countered.
 
" Yeah, but that was because the 2ne1 girls and CL asked him too. " , I said. 
 
" So CL and you are like close buddies now? Is that it? " Jun said quizzically. 
 
" Come on.  I've known the girl for as long as Jiyong knows her. Don't you remember she used to tag along with Sohee and GD and with the rest of Nuthang?" 
 
" But you barely spoke with her then. Now she's all you ever talk about. Chaerin in Paris did this. Chaerin told me about this new restaurant in Apgujeong. Chaerin said Kendrick Lamar's really cool. " 
 
" Do I really do that? Talk about her a lot, I mean? Coz I didn't notice. " I asked. 
 
The stylist went silent for a moment . Then asked pointedly,"  You like her don't you? " 
 
" Wh-what? "I said with a mild stutter. " What makes you say so? " 
 
" I did not want to disappoint her." Said Jun mockingly mimicking my earlier statement. "Bro, you've  just been pussywhipped Lee Chaerin style. And another one falls!" 
 
"Another one? Who do you mean?" I asked. 
 
"Ha, ha . See ? You did not even deny that you like her! You're  more concerned about who are the others who like her!  Sure sign that you are done in my friend .You've got it bad. Really bad ." 
 
" I'm not admitting anything , you fool. Chaerin and I are ......friends. Of course , things like who's courting her interests me too. " 
 
"Ha, ha. Are you sure that's the only reason ? If you're so close with CL why don't you ask her yourself? 
 
" I won't get an answer from her. You know how oblivious that girl is of her own charms. A guy is totally into her and she'd be clueless about it. That's why I ..." 
 
" That's  why what? That's why you like her? "JUN  teased. "Don't be shy about it ! If the situation were different I would help you.  But since all of you guys are my crew I'm keeping a hands off policy about this and will just sit and watch and prepare to salvage the pride of whoever gets hurt. " 
 
" All of us?Your crew? You mean  Jiyoung and Xin like Chaerin ? I said in disbelief. "That can't be true. Jiyong has Kiko and Xin is going out with Sagan. " 
 
" Wrong again! Jiyong and Kiko just broke up. Sagan is just Xin's diversion,  a fling , nothing serious. " Jun said confidently . 
 
Jun's observation surprised me a bit. Not because I find it hard to believe that Chaerin could attract Xin or Jiyoung . Because she certainly can. She's a grower , this girl.   I should know.  She was nothing to me before but slowly and surreptitiously she creeped into my heart until I just can't get enough of her. 
 
 
Flashback To 2006
In Soo Hyuk's House Somewhere In Seoul
 
"Xin! Stop playing that freaking game and open the door!!!" an irritated Soo Hyuk shouted from his house's kitchen where he was about to take an armful of beer from the refrigerator. " That's Jiyong and his chick, I'm sure! " 
 
" I can't get out of this game. I just started winning against this dude.Open it yourself ! " Xin shouted back. 
 
"You useless piece of ." Soo-Hyuk said loudly but jokingly as he dropped the beer in the table near where Xin was fixated on the computer screen. Soohyuk rushed to the door and opened it to see Jiyoung sandwiched between two girls.
 
"Yaah, what took you so long ? We've been here since like forever. " Jiyong said while lightly hitting Soohyuk's chest and entering the door." 
 
Soohyuk made way for his guests to enter.The 2 girls followed Jiyong , politely bowed to Soohyuk and made their way inside the house. Jiyong sat on the couch and motioned one of the girls to sit beside him.The girl was petite , had a small, oval face and had a really nice smile. She was wearing a pink floral skirt and sneakers. She was cutethought Soo Hyuk. This must be the new girlfriend, he thought . 
 
" SooHyuk, this is Sohee. " Jiyoung curtly  made an introduction. 
 
" Hi Oppa. It's nice to finally meet Jiyong's friends. " Sohee said with a wide smile. 
 
" Nice to meet you too. Xin , pause that for a while and don't be rude "  Soohyuk reprimanded his friend . 
 
Xin did a sideway glance and said " Hi everyone .Nice to meet you. Talk to you later." Then he returned  to play his game. 
 
"Never mind him Sohee. That guy's a weirdo. " GD assured his girlfriend . 
 
" And a ert? " Soohyuk added
 
"And a addict " chimed Jiyong
 
Both Jiyoung and Soohyuk started to laugh  like crazy at the oblivious Xin.
 
Suddenly a shy but firm voice was heard  saying " How can you laugh at him like that? Isn't he your friend too?" 
 
Soo Hyuk looked to his back at the source of the voice, the other girl with Sohee still standing near the door. Unlike Sohee who was all girly and smiley, Soohyuk noted that  this one seems to prefer boyish , baggy clothes. Her shirt was a few sizes oversized and her jeans were ripped open on the knees.
 
" Chaerinah. Take a seat here "  Sohee pointed to the seat opposite where Jiyoung and she were seated . " I'm sorry Soohyuk Oppa , I forgot to introduce my roommate Chaerin " 
 
"Roommate?"'asked Soohyuk
 
"Yeah we're both trainees at JYP. Excuse her being blunt at times. She did not grow up here in Korea. " explained Sohee 
 
"Really? Where did you grow up?" Soohyuk  said directing  his question to the girl who was still not moving from where she stood. 
 
" Different places" the girl named Chaerin answered 
 
"Soo Hyuk don't bother her anymore she's just here so that Sohee and I could  go out. JYP's pretty strict with his trainees since their new girl group will debut soon. " said Jiyoung impatiently. "Don't you have something to eat. We're hungry." 
 
"I only have beer. "Soohyuk said. 
 
"Aish."  Jiyoung said. He turned to Sohee with a smiling face and said " Babe, we're  just gonna rush to the convenience store and buy food.Anything you want ? " 
 
"Hmm. I'm in the mood for some ramen and gimbap. " replied Sohee sweetly. 
 
"Ok. Ramen and gimbap you shall have! Come on Hyukkie. " GD urged his friend.
 
The two guys approached the door. . It was only then that Chaerin moved away from the door and proceeded to the seat offered to her earlier by Sohee. 
 
The two friends walked outside of the house silently at first. After they were out of earshot, SooHyuk said to Jiyoung, " Your  girlfriend's  roommate is quite the character , huh.? 
 
" Naah. Never mind her. She's cool. She just speaks her mind. I've gotten used to it actually . Best way is just ignore her " Jiyoung said 
 
" That's cold  Ji! Where 's the gentleman Jiyong I know. " teased Soohyuk
 
" I'm a gentleman to the girl I like. If I were like that to all girls, how the hell would my girl feel that she is special . " retorted the irritated Jiyoung.
 
" But you have to be good to the roommate too. Other wise  you won't get to date Ms. Sohee .They're like a packaged deal . Date 1, Get 1. Ha, ha, ha. Lucky Jiyoung. "
 
"You serious Soo Hyuk? She's  not my type of girl, dude. She's way too intense for me. I need someone bubbly , cute and all kinds of aegyo like Sohee." GD hotly retorted. 
 
"Intense? " wondered Soohyuk
 
" Sohee said her roommate used to live in Paris but left her parents and sister to train in JYP. She's here by her freaking self and she's just 15 ? I mean whose parents would allow that  unless that girl pretty much just disregarded what her folks wanted. Sohee said she practices like there's no tomorrow , Like she wants to be the best always. First one in the practice room and last one out. " GD said lengthily 
 
"Maybe she just badly needs money so she needs to be an idol or something " Soohyuk 
 
"Hardly. Didn't I say she's from Paris? Her family's like loaded , man. Her dad's a hotshot university professor .She just wants this for herself I guess. " Jiyong pointed out. 
 
" Wow , for somebody who ignores her you sure do know a lot about this roommate , huh. ?" accused Soohyuk. 
 
"Of course, I have to know who my girl is rooming with. She might be a psycho for all we know. "Jiyong said defensively
 
"Are you afraid of Little Miss Intense.?" teased Soohyuk back. 
 
"No!" Jiyoung flashed an incredulous expression to his friend. "  She 's  just way too independent for my liking . Guys should be with girls who need them also right? What will be left for us to do if girls do everything on their own?" He added emphatically. 
 
Soohyuk decided to let the matter of Sohee's roommate drop. Surely, Jiyong won't see the need to bring the roommate further into their lives. Their circle is quite exclusive in a way & only girlfriends are usually allowed in. There are more interesting things to talk about with his friend, anyway. He remembered that he has not told Jiyong yet that he was cast in a major fashion show ."Hey, Ji...I've great news by the way..." 
 
2009 OCTOBER 
IT HURTS MV SHOOT
 
" Hey, Soohyuk Oppa!"  Soohyuk heard his name being called as he was just finishing his discussion with PD-nim. 
 
" Chaerin" he acknowledged the girl with a smirk. " Or should I call you CL now?" 
 
"You can call me chicken, for all I care.  Look at what I'm wearing ? She pointed at the white and black coat fur that she was donning. This is our Halloween MV . Normal girl groups do Christmas singles.  The things YG makes us do. " Chaerin complained lightly. 
 
" I heard the song though. It's good . You sounded great. Did not hear any trace of the rapper Chaerin. " 
 
"You've heard it? But it hasn't been released yet. " Chaerin questioned. 
 
" GD has it on repeat on his IPod . I'm surprised he didn't tell you . Apparently , he relates to  the song so much after the  Sohee fall out you know. " Soohyuk paused and asked . "Have you seen him lately? " 
 
" Aay, I can't believe that GD Oppa! . Saw him just yesterday. He dropped by our dorm to give me some clothes and accessories he bought for me in Japan. He looked ok .  Had no clue that he was still hung up on Sohee that way. " Chaerin said. 
 
" Chaerin, moving on takes time. You can't force how your heart feels. " Soohyuk said somberly. 
 
" I know. But it has been months since they've broken up. Sohee has moved on, definitely . She's even moved to the US. It's time Jiyong Oppa does . " Chaerin said seriously too. 
 
Soohyuk looked at the girl before him and said provokingly " If I did not know you any better I might think you like Jiyong for yourself ." 
 
"But you do know me better now, right? " Chaerin replied. 
 
" Well , far more than I did three years ago. And I say that little evil streak in you would prevent you to like GD because of how he was rude to you in the beggining of his relationship with Sohee. You hold grudges very well, I think ." Soohyuk opined. 
 
" Ha, ha, He really was rude to me then . " reminisced Chaerin. " But he compensated for that when I got in YG . I can't ask for a better sunbae. " 
 
" That was only 'cause he was happy that there would be no more roommate to interrupt their make out sessions , that's why. " Soohyuk said. " But he did pay back for his rudeness to you I must say. I've never see him so generous to a non- girlfriend except you. " 
 
" Eew, don't ever remind me about their make out sessions . He was shameless. Well,  all of you Nuthang are notoriously shameless that way. The things I saw you and Minhee unnie did . Tsk, tsk. " CL said 
 
" You brat. I was never that way with Minhee when you were around. I did not want to corrupt your mind !!" Soohyuk said. 
 
" Ha, ha. But it has long been corrupted by the other Oppas. And sorry to burst your bubble but there was one time you got drunk and you were all over unnie in the couch..." CL said 
 
" Hey stop that! This kid, Aigoo. Erase that from your memory. " Soohyuk ordered feeling uncomfortable that his dongseng saw him that way. 
 
" But I can't . It's etched here . " Chaerin pointed to her head. 
 
" You better get yourself a boyfriend then Chaerin. Fast! He needs to take those memories your bad oppas put in that silly head of yours and create one you will never forget . "  Soo Hyuk .
 
" But no one wants to date me  now " the girl said with a little bit of sadness. " Teddy oppa's songs and those clothes which Xin asks us to wear scare them away."she added with a sigh. 
 
Soo Hyuk laughed at her explanation and looked fondly at the girl who is now known as the baddest female of seoul . Baddest has never looked adorable he thought . He remembered how just three years ago he quickly dismissed Chaerin as the dispensable roommate to Jiyong's now ex-girlfriend. Now she's  every Nuthang's friend . Well to be specific,  GD treats her like the younger sister he never had. Xin treats her like his fashion muse. He looked at the girl and thought of his erroneous prediction 3years ago that this girl would leave no mark in their lives. It seems that the opposite is now true. 
 
 
2013February
Paris 
 
Soo Hyuk felt tired and exhausted . But he was satisfied too. Years of modeling in Korea has not prepared him for the chaos and frenetic energy of doing Paris Fashion Week. He has barely gotten any sleep since he arrived two weeks ago with all the go sees, casting and fittings he had to do. 
 
It will soon be better, he thought. Xin , GD and Chaerin will be coming from London in a few hours . Xin and CL flew to London first and GD followed after Bigbang's Malaysia concert.  He had no idea why the 3 went to London .From the looks of their IG posts though they were sure having a blast. But he was more than happy to receive a text message from Xin telling him that they'd go to Paris.
 
Oh God how he missed Korean food. And just speaking his own language without need of interpreters. His mind wandered to the food that he would eat when he returns to Seoul. God , I even miss Chaerin's experimental fusion food that she'd ask us to taste. The thought of Chaerin unconsciously brought a smile to the already sleepy Soohyuk. It would sure be fun having her around for the next couple of days. Of course Xin and GD would be be fun to have too . He felt happy as images of a smiling Chaerin , cooking her kimchi - pasta for him lulled him finally to sleep. 
 
A few hours later... 
 
"Buzzzzzzzz" 
 
The loud sound of his flat's doorbell interrupted Soohyuk's sleep. "" , he exclaimed. Only half-awake  he automatically opened his door to Xin , GD and Chaerin who were impatiently lounging along the corridors. 
 
"What took you so long man? We're about to go frozen here waiting for you to open that door!  " , said Xin while simultaneously bringing inside a couple of luggages inside the flat.  
 
" Jiyong Oppa was just about ready to go ninja and kick that door open! Annyeong , Oppa."Chaerin greeted me . 
 
" Dude, central heating in your building ! If this pair of shoes did not cost me much , there would have been no stopping me kicking it down!" said Jiyong jokingly. 
 
"Happy to see you too , guys. " Soohyuk said with a yawn. "What's with all the luggage? "Haven't you checked in your hotel? "
 
"Uhmm, that's why we're  here now Hyukkie. We had a... minor situation with the hotel" . Xin said apologetically. 
 
"Minor situation? " the model asked. 
 
"Thing is, we have no reservation coz YG only cleared us for the London trip. This Paris side trip was all Xin's idea, so we just thought we could walk in , find a hotel room.." GD added. 
 
"But almost all hotels are fully booked cause of Fashion Week. That we did not foresee. " Chaerin added
 
"So here we are! Ready to bunk in with you  my Hyukkie. " GD said with a faux-aegyo tone and face while tugging at Soohyuks arm.  
 
With a laugh Chaerin said, "That's just disgusting Oppa! If your fans can only see that they'd be turned off for sure ." 
 
GD smiled at Chaerin and said " Chaerinah, you say that only coz you fail at doing the aegyo." 
 
" I can totally do it if I wanted too and better than you , " said Chaerin in response. " But I just don't want too. " 
 
"Ha. Ha. Or maybe you just can't. " GD countered. 
 
"Oppa, I'm already cute without having to act all aegyo." Chaerin proudly declared. 
 
" Yay, stop it you two. Yes we know Chaerinah you are cute"  said Soohyuk matter of factly, " but your lodging situation is not. Take a good look around. This flat can accommodate 2 but not 4 people . And besides, we have Chaerin to take into account. " Soohyuk said. 
 
"What about her?" said GD
 
"Jiyong, she's a girl and she'd be staying with three guys? Do you think that's wise? Would YG approve of that ? " Soohyuk argued. 
 
"We're  in Paris, not Korea. No one will know. Besides, there's three of us guys. So obviously there's nothing romantic going on between any of us and Chaerin." GD said . 
 
Xin coughed slightly  while pretending to tinker with one of the luggage he had carried inside. 
 
"Why don't we just look for a place for Chaerin to stay separately.  And you two guys  can stay here with me." said Soohyuk. 
 
"Already tried that ." said Xin. "She even asked a few of her father's  former friends but it did not pan out"
 
SooHyuk sighed in resignation then directed her query to the lady in question. " Chaerin,  will you be comfortable staying with us 3 here?" 
 
"Oppa , I don't see any problem . I'd be safer with all you three anyway. " she said. 
 
"Hyukkie " GD shouted from inside the bedroom. "You only have one queen sized bed."he said with frustration. 
 
"Which Chaerin will obviously be occupying" Soohyuk said.
 
"But it's big enough for two."  GD argued hotly. 
 
"Jiyong you . " Soohyuk uttered while hitting GD on the shoulder. 
 
" Come on Soohyuk. Drop that "I'm  protecting Chaerin's chastity act.  " No offense Hunchae, but it's Chaerin we're talking about here. She's like our sister, the whole of Korea believes that. So I see no problem really. And again,  NO ONE WILL KNOW." retorted GD. 
 
"So who would you like to be your bedmate Chaerinah?"  Xin said
 
CL laughed and said " That question sounded weird Xin. I'm used to having my bed all by myself , actually ." 
 
" Yah CL , have mercy on us. At least one of us three should be able to sleep soundly in bed and not cram with  each other on the living room floor and the couch " GD pleaded with desperation. 
 
"Well, if you put it that way, I don't want to be selfish..but I hope none of you snores? I'm quite a light sleeper so.." CL said. 
 
"Too make this easier let's  just take turns everyday. GD gets to share the bed first, then me, then Xin?" Proposed Soohyuk 
 
" That's just so random, Hyukkie .  How did you come about with the order? According to height? According to decreasing level of hotness?"  Said GD with amusement. 
 
"Nope. Alphabetically . " Soohyuk curtly replied. 
 
Everyone went silent and then  laughed uncontrollably  at the way Soohyuk solved their problem of sleeping arrangement. 
 
Day 2 of Nuthang In Paris 
 
Soo Hyuk arranged his jacket lightly and put his gloved hands inside his pants 
' front pockets . He had an early cut today. Models were asked to leave because some of the designers's clothes required some emergency alteration. 
 
In as much as he had enjoyed gallivanting around Paris with his three friends  yesterday, Soohyuk welcomed the idea of just staying in his pad and sleeping on his bed. He knew that the three intended to go out to  make the most of their stay in the city and had already made plans for the day without him. 
 
Last night, Soohyuk ended up sleeping on the couch and Xin on the floor as it was GD's turn at bed-sharing with Chaerin. He could still remember how he'd heard GD and Chae having a little bit of spat about bed space, it seemed.
 
 He knew how GD can be bossy around CL at times , but it seems that she's showing the Bigbang leader a bit of her trademark stubbornness. These two divas, he thought . If I were GD I'd just keep my mouth shut and sleep with Chaerin. Oops, that did not come out right, he meant sleep beside Chaerin.
 
 Ugggh., this sleeping arrangement is doing strange things to his mind. He noticed that the room was already silent and he assumed the leaders have settled the dispute . Xin seems to be asleep too. He brushed all the thoughts of  bed ..with Chaerin on it ...aside and put himself to sleep , completely unaware that once again the last image in his head before his slumber was of the girl he once thought of as Sohee's dispensable roommate . 
 
Walking back to his flat now , Soohyuk stifled a yawn , rushed to his floor and silently entered using his spare keys.
 
 God , but he felt spent. The pad was silent without his friends in it and Soo Hyuk relished the temporary solitude. He took off his coat and pants and belatedly decided to remove his shirt as well. The bedroom is always adequately well heated anyway he thought. Wearing only his boxers, Soohyuk crept in his bed , which to his surprise was not made. Curious, he thought . He knows how obsessive about cleanliness both CL and GD are. Aah, the feel of sleeping on his own bed. 
 
Aah, but this pillow smells good, like of a powdery fresh vanilla scent. This  must be Chaerin's side of the bed, he concluded. He dug his face deeper into the pillow again and inhaled the sweet scent emanating from it. I could get used to this smell everyday, he thought carelessly. Hmm, her blanket smells  even better, Soohyuk noticed. 
 
He was about to envelope his shirtless body with the blanket when he was startled by an alarmed voice saying..  " Op..pppa. What are you doing?"
 
SooHyuk quickly put the blanket down and sat up on the bed . He was confronted by a confused Chaerin who just came out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a pink towel to cover herself up. Soo Hyuk can smell a more pronounced vanilla scent now tinged with something more soapy,  filling the air in the room and flirting with his nose. So, that was really her smell.
 
"Oppa" Chaerin said cutting of SooHyuk' s train of thoughts. He looked at her scanty attire and realized he was without shirt too. "Sorry Chaerin. I thought you guys were out " he said while hastily pulling out a shirt and pants from his nearby closet and temporarily removing his sight from the now obviously flustered Chaerin. " I'll leave you now to get dressed. "' Soohyuk said awkwardly while stepping out of the room hurriedly and without sparing a glance at Chaerin. 
 
" Wow", Soohyuk exclaimed as he sat almost automatically in his couch. Why can't I breathe and why is my heart beating this fast?, he questioned himself. Regardless of her smell and what she was wearing, that was just Chaerin, Soohyuk reminded himself. Just Chaerin. Just Chaerin. Just Chaerin. Baggy shirts. Ripped jeans Chaerin. 
 
Aah Chaerin. Your smell, that little peek of cleavage , that conspicuous mole , those honey thighs. Stop yourself Soohyuk! , he berated himself . Thinking along those lines will not end well.  Chaerin is just a friend, Soohyuk convinced himself once more. A model like him is used to ness. He should not get excitable over Chaerin wearing nothing but that towel. But surely she should have something on underneath that. A thong perhaps? Pause that  again, thought Soohyuk. He breathed in and out repeatedly, calmed himself and emptied his mind. 
 
Chaerin then appeared from the bedroom and sat beside him on the couch with a shy smile.  " I"m sorry I disturbed your sleep in your bed Oppa. I just spent a longer time in the bath I did not notice you coming in."  said Chaerin shyly. " You could sleep now if you want. I'd stay here for a while and whip something up. You can eat after you've rested. You do look a little paler than usual ." she  said with concern. 
 
" No, I'm okay, Chaerin. I'm sorry too, we had an early cut from rehearsals so...Hey , why aren't you with Xin and GD. " he asked 
 
" I was feeling a bit under the weather earlier  so I told them I'd stay in. GD Oppa threw a fit saying I was supposed to tour him around. But I really was not feeling well. " 
 
" If that's the case then you should be the one taking a rest not me. Go back to bed! " 
 
" Nah, I'm better now. That long bath did me good. Are you hungry coz I am, but I don't want to go outside to eat. Oppa , what do you have in your kitchen? 
 
" I think the cupboard's pretty full. Uhhmm, a friend of mine bought supplies for me last week  but I haven't touched them you know." Soohyuk said , conveniently failing to mention that the said friend was a female Italian model with whom he had a very , very short fling. Anyway, Chaerin doesn't need to know that.
 
 "A friend? As in a female friend, Oppa? " said Chaerin jokingly while she scoured the refrigerator and the cupboard for things to use. 
 
" Hey , I'm a pretty friendly guy. And good-looking to boot. So what do you expect.? " he said lightly while observing how graceful and purposeful Chaerin was in her movements inside the kitchen. I could stay here all day just watching this girl pitter-patter here and there in this kitchen, he admitted to himself. 
 
"Yeah, yeah. I know that." she said.  " You like pasta, right? Coz you've got so many here. Obviously your friend seems to think so. " 
 
" I do like it. I just don't know how to cook it " He said 
 
" It's easy. Do you want to learn?" she asked
 
" Sure. What do I need to do?" He inquired. 
 
"It's easy. Just open this pack first for me will you? " she said in that uniquely cute Lee Chaerin way. 
 
Soohyuk and Chaerin spent the entire afternoon cooking, laughing, talking, eating , laughing again and learning things about each other which they couldn't do in the company of the 2 others. This was the first time they spent hanging together by themselves and without the company of either Xin or GD.
 
 For Chaerin, it was nice to know that she could feel as comfortable with Soohyuk Oppa in the same way as she was with Xin and Jiyong. Because honestly, she had always been sort of intimidated by his extremely good looks. At least , sharing the bed tonight with him would not be as awkward, she thought. 
 
For Soohyuk, the day meant a little bit more. He saw Chaerin in a  different light. Not the dispensable, weird roommate to Sohee. Not the harmless sister - like junior. After almost  seven years , he saw her , Chaerin, as someone that he could fall in love with .As in really fall in love  with. 
 
Man, spending the night beside her is going to be hard on him, in more ways than one, he thought , feeling both excited and a bit scared at what lies ahead later. How the hell will I explain this to his crew he thought. They'd surely make him feel like a ert for crushing on Chaerin . But as he always say, you cannot force what your heart feels. And he had a feeling this "thing" he now has for Chaerin will inevitably grow stronger and stronger with time. For now, he'll just let things be and take his own sweet time  with Lee Chaerin . What is meant to be will happen. 
 
2013 July 
Falling In Love MV Shoot 
 
Soohyuk is now sitting on the rest area of the  studio  together with his friend JONGHYUN , another model actor , and the other YG dancers who were given roles in the new 2ne1 video. The set was silent as the cameras churned for the 2ne1 leader reclining sideways in a Cleopatra seat garbed in an all white ensemble , with nothing but gold accessories , her long hair draped on her bare shoulders. 
 
Damn, Soohyuk thought, Xin's styling for this video was so on point ! Even if he tried to he could not take his eyes off CL in action & at work. She looked so fierce and chic and y all at the same time.  He looked around him and it would seem that every single male in the studio , including Jong Hyun, thinks the same , as they were riveted on the girl doing her rap for the cameras. 
 
GD's bossy ways and nosiness in matters CL related did come handy this time. At times , Soohyuk doubted what GD's intentions are with Chaerin because with all the things he has to do, on top of keeping up with his girlfriend of three years in Japan, GD manages to still find time to meddle in CL's affairs. But he knows GD  loves Kiko so Soohyuk thinks that GD is just protective as a YG senior and as a friend to Chaerin. 
 
So when GD told him and JongHyun  that 2ne1 might be needing them to cameo in their latest MV, he agreed promptly and convinced JongHyun to do the same. He was already itching to find a way to work with Chaerin again. He missed her nowadays as he was getting a bit busier because of the drama he was shooting, the last time he saw her was a week ago. 
 
His feelings towards Chaerin has steadily strengthened as he foresaw. But he still is taking things slowly knowing how innocent Chaerin to be with this kind of matters. 
 
Anyway, GD proposed to 2ne1 that it would be better if the actors who'd cameo on their MV would be someone they know already so it won't get too awkward. He suggested the two of them. And the girls agreed so he and Jonghyun are now in the MV set acting all kinds of dapper and dashing and handsome for the cameras. 
 
CL finished her shot and moved to prepare for the next set up where all four girls would be in front of the boys who were playing basketball. Soohyuk chatted it up with JongHyun and the other guys knowing fully well that CL and the girls need to change clothes for the next shoot. 
 
SooHyuk also noticed a few 2ne1 staff were holding their own mini-cameras documenting  the happenings from behind the shoot. 
 
" That girl sure knows how to perform! " JongHyun said
 
"Who?" said Soohyuk still looking at the staff going around with their cameras each following the girls. 
 
"CL, you dupe, who else ?" said JongHyun
" And she's gotten so much prettier now. Not that she wasn't before , but she's different I can tell. Do you think she's dating someone? " JongHyun asked
 
"How the hell should I know! " SooHyuk replied with irritation.  " Even if I do , I'm not a tattle-tale. Go ask her yourself! " he replied strongly
 
"Hey , chill out dude. What's wrong with you? I was just speculating you know , plus you're closer to her than I am so I just thought.." 
 
" I don't know if she's dating ,ok?" Soohyuk said. 
 
" Ok fine . Jesus. What has gotten into you suddenly. " Jonghyun upped and left Soohyuk by himself to talk to Jun , their friend and common stylist. 
 
Alone , Soohyuk had the chance to digest what had just happened and his strong reaction to what JongHyun said. Could CL be dating someone behind their back? But surely either GD or Xin would know, wouldn't they? She could not hide such a thing from her friends , could she? Soohyuk could not answer these questions. 
 
He felt helpless knowing that what JongHyun said could be a real possibility seeing as how CL really had bloomed over the past few months. He did not notice these changes because to him, CL looked perfect as she was , as she is and he supposed as she will be. With a determined mindset, SooHyuk approached the 2ne1 area where the staff , Xin included , and the girls were. 
 
He entered the room and what he saw just made him feel more unsettled. CL was wearing a haltered black , midriff , bra top, and and above -the -knee printed, fitted mini skirt, with boots, while Xin stood closely behind her placing what appears to be a necklace to accessorize her outfit. After, he had linked the necklace, Xin arranged the fitted top slightly in the back with his fingers grazing Chaerin's exposed skin ever so lightly. 
 
" Hey , Oppa!" Chaerin noticed him first. "Are you getting tired waiting for us?" Chaerin asked. " Just a little longer now, you know how much time we need to prettify! " she added. 
 
" No, it's ok. I just thought I'd drop by a bit and see how Xin is doing " SooHyuk said while slapping the tall, thin guy a little bit heavily in the back. 
 
"Ouch, SooHyuk. That hurts! You've nothing to worry about Mr. Model. All you need to do is act handsome and macho for our girls and everything will be fine," Xin said. 
 
" I don't need to act , I am handsome and macho. " Soohyuk said in jest.
 
" You wish! " Xin reacted . 
 
"Stop bickering you guys!  Do you think I look alright? " CL asked uncertainty clouding her pretty face. 
 
Both guys focused on her and said at the same time . "Yes! " 
 
" I know I can trust you guys to make me feel better. But you are not just saying that coz you're my friends right?" she countered. 
 
"Chaerin, I'd tell you if you look like . Trust me you look better than anyone here "  , said Soohyuk 
 
"Good then! I'll leave you guys in a bit so I can have a dry run of the dance break with the girls " she said 
 
I looked at Xin then who was giving his smile of acknowledgement to Chaerin. " Dude, she's gonna dance wearing...that?" Soohyuk said. 
 
"Yeah, she looks good in it . " 
 
"Have you seen their choreography? " Soohyuk asked 
 
" Hey , who are you Jiyong 2.0? Of course, I haven't . I'm just her stylist , not her manager. " Xin explained 
 
Later, to his regret, Xin realized what exactly Soohyuk was concerned about. Unfortunately, every other male extra in that dancing sequence pretty much got to see what SooHyuk was apprehensive about. That black bra top and necklace and the energetic and bouncy choreography coupled with CL's well endowed ..ehm..bosom created an interesting and enticing sight. CL oblivious to how tempting and seductive she looked to those in front danced her out out as she usually did. It was not until  a couple of the boys openly stared at her and flocked to her front that she became a bit conscious and messed up her steps. 
 
There being no time to have a do-over , the PD decided to make do with what he has already shot. In the end , no shots of Chaerin messing up her dance could be found anyway because she was  , surprisingly, constantly blocked by the boys in her front. The video ,thus, showed the other three girls dancing and CL partially hidden most of the time. 
 
Soohyuk , of course, was irritated with all the undue attention that Chaerin and her dancing got and he blamed Xin for having no foresight at all. All he cared about was if CL looked good. And she did look good. Too good in fact, that even JongHyun couldn't help but whisper to him softly "See, this is what I told you about. Even the way she dances ily , twirling her fingers , is different , more assured. I'm 100% CL is in love! " 
 
It was then that SooHyuk decided that he could no longer continue to stand in the sidelines where CL was concerned. Judging from the others guys' reactions to Chaerin, he would have to fend off not but a few admirers already. He has to make his move swiftly but gently so as not to scare the poor, clueless , lovable girl he likes. 
 
Without hesitation, he approached one of the 2ne1 staff roaming around, talked with him and asked if he could shoot some behind the scenes for himself. The tired staff promptly agreed and surrendered the camera to him without hesitation. 
 
With utmost determination , SooHyuk went to CL who was then texting somebody while seated on the set's makeshift bleachers. 
 
SooHyuk turned the camera on, pointed it at Chaerin who in turn noticed what he was doing and shouted for him to stop . " I wouldn't stop anytime soon Chaerin " , SooHyuk said to himself. "Not until I find out for myself if what JongHyun suspected is right and if it is , correct the situation. I should be the only reason why you 're looking like you are in love now. " 
 
MNET 2013 20's Choice Awards Backstage 
July 20, 2013 
 
Soohyuk had returned from his short red carpet walk at PIFAN and was at the MNET backstage with JongHyun and Jun waiting for their turn to introduce CL's performance. 
After the tight schedule, it was only now that he found the time to check his phone and find out how people reacted to his and Chaerin's surprise red carpet appearance together. SooHyuk  was happily surprised to read from various sites that their short red-carpet walk and ensuing interview made quite  a stir and was met with positive excitement from the media and the public. 
 
One of the news articles even referred to him as "CL's man". The phrase which the red-carpet emcee coined, The Fashionista Couple , stuck and was used in numerous write ups.  Photos of them linking arms were scattered over the net to SooHyuk's great satisfaction. CL was smiling in all the photos.Of course, he maintained his usual cool exterior as that had been his image as a model and up and coming actor but SooHyuk remembered how happy and absolutely proud he really was to be with Chaerin publicly.
 
SooHyuk managed a little smile which did not escape the notice of JongHyun. 
 
"What is it your looking at there ? " He inquired 
 
"Nothing ." SooHyuk replied 
 
" Well, whatever that " nothing " is , it's making you smile a lot, it 's kind of freaky!" Jonghyun said. 
 
"Lay off him, JongHyun." Jun butted in. " Guy is crazy in love, that's why he seems to be on a happy pill" . He added. 
 
SooHyuk remained silent and unresponsive to the teasing by his two friends. 
 
"Really? Who is the unlucky girl? Someone I know bro?" JongHyun asked. 
 
"Dude, if you've got eyes and a bit of common sense you'd know." Jun quipped. 
 
" I knew it !!!You dig Lee Hyori sunbae. You're setting yourself up for a heartbreak man. Isn't she getting married soon? " JongHyun said. 
 
"Babo" SooHyuk exclaimed to his friend. 
 
" Ha, ha. Just kidding. I know it's the other bad girl Jun was  referring too. Had a feeling about it when we shot the MV you know." JongHyun said
 
"Was I that transparent?" SooHyuk tentatively asked his friend. " I was still  kinda  holding myself back a  bit the entire time. I did not want to scare her away." 
 
" Dude, if that was you holding back,  I sure am curious  how you'll act when you aren't. You'd probably be borderline  creepy! Man, you were staring..no..uhm.. you were leering at her for I don't know how long. You got that camera and shot her and her only, not even one of the other girls. I mean Dara was pretty as hell too, you know. I was left with three girls to take care of while you were acting out your voyeur fantasies! " 
 
Soo Hyuk smiled to him  sheepishly , acknowledging his friends observations. 
 
"Guys , I think you are up next ". Jun said. 
 
The two models were then approached by a member of the production and were ushered near the stage . A few minutes  later, their names were called and they confidently sauntered to the podium , like the models they are.
 
 Soohyuk and JongHyun initially stuck to what were written on cue cards .That is until SooHyuk seemed to have made an adlib. He was ready to say ,  my favorite girl...but then realized that he could not make a confession publicly without telling CL first of how he feels. He thus caught and corrected himself in time and spoke of his "favorite girl..group " instead , which of course was a mistake since 2ne1's appearance was supposed to be a surprise. 
 
The camera caught SooHyuk turning his body to see a glance of CL beginning her performance. JongHyun bumped SooHyuk as they were stepping down the stage ."What was that you just did there ?" he said. SooHyuk just shrugged off in response. 
 
Suddenly , SooHyuk's phone vibrated . He saw that the message was from Jiyong . " Are you free tomorrow night ? Let's have dinner at my place. We need to talk."