The Breakdown

Touched By An Angel

 

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up the next morning alone in Jongin's bed. The memories from the night before played over and over in his mind making him smile.

“Why do you look so satisfied?” Jongin walked in to the room, only wearing a pair of jeans hanging low on his hips. Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders.

“Why are you up?” the older pouted.

“Don't be sad” Jongin bent down and kissed Kyungsoo “I only got up to make you breakfast”

“You made me breakfast?” Kyungsoo smiled up at the other.

“Well, no...” Jongin grinned. Kyungsoo immediately stopped smiling and pushed Jongin away from him and the bed. “Don't be like that” he chuckled.

“Like what?” Kyungsoo asked, crossing his arms over his bare chest.

“Like that!” Jongin smiled as he sat down on the bed “I've prepared breakfast. It just isn't ready yet”

“Then why did you come in here?”

“I was going to put some clothes out for you since yours are still not dried”

“Oh...” Kyungsoo looked down.

“What now?”

“You're being nice to me while I'm being grumpy...”

“No,” Jongin climed on to the bed and over to Kyungsoo “No, don't say that”

“But it's true”

“Yeah,” Jongin chuckled when Kyungsoo glared up at him “You said it, not me!”

“But you agreed!”

“Sorry” Jongin leaned forward and captured Kyungsoo's lips with his own. Kyungsoo immediately forgot his train of thoughts, Jongin seemed to have that effect on him.

“You wanna eat now?” Jongin whispered, which the other nodded to “Good, I'll get you something to wear”

Jongin picked out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, handed them to Kyungsoo and left the room. He knew that Kyungsoo would never get out of bed with him watching.

 

Kyungsoo exited Jongin's room fully dressed. Jongin stood in the kitchen, back facing Kyungsoo. He was muttering words to himself which made Kyungsoo smile.

“What are you doing?”

Jongin turned around when he heard Kyungsoo's voice. He immediately smiled when he saw Kyungsoo in his white t-shirt that was slightly see-through.

“I'm trying to make pancakes but it's not going so well” Jongin cheekily smiled “Do you want to try?”

Kyungsoo had never made pancakes before but he couldn't be worse than Jongin. Or so he thought. He had grabbed the spatula from the other and started on his first pancake. It would have been perfect if Jongin hadn't wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's waist from the back. He had started with small butterfly kisses on Kyungsoo's neck but when the older let out a whimper Jongin had turned him around to kiss him, leaving the pancake to burn in the pan. After many burnt pancakes and long kisses the two decided to scratch their homemade breakfast and go to the pub instead.

Kyungsoo slipped into a booth while Jongin went up to the bar to order. Even thought Jongin was standing on the other side of the pub and Kyungsoo probably looked like a dreak, he couldnt' stop staring at Jongin. He was wearing the same jeans as before but he'd put on a dress, button-down shirt which made his back look amazing, according to Kyungsoo.

“That's a nice looking guy”

Kyungsoo tore his eyes away from Jongin to look at the small man who had spoken to him.

“Yeah...I guess” Kyungsoo lied, he knew very well how good looking Jongin was.

“You're with him?”

“Yes”

“How did you meet?”

“We met-” Kyungsoo stopped “Why do you ask?”

“Oh,” the man suddenly looked nervous “I- I....was just wondering. I see the way he looks at you”

Kyungsoo turned to look over at Jongin who was looking back at him.

“What do you mean?” he smiled when Jongin smiled towards him.

“If I didn't know better I would say that he's in love with you” Kyungsoo snapped his head to look back at the man who was grinning at him “Has he confessed yet?”

Kyungsoo slowly shook his head.

“He probably will soon then”

“I don't think so”

“Are you sure about that? I've seen love and that,” the small man pointed at Jongin “that is love”


 

Kyungsoo wasn't able to concentrate after that. How could he have been so stupid? He saw the signs but he chose to ignore them. And now Jongin had fallen for him when he should have left earth a long time ago.

“Kyungsoo?”

He looked up from the ground. He and Jongin was walking hand and hand along the river.

“Yeah?”

“You seem...distance” Jongin tightened his grip on Kyungsoo's hand. “Did the guy at the Pub say something to you?”

“What? No.”

“Are you sure? He wasn't hitting on you?”

“Nothing happened” Kyungsoo muttered “What would you have done if...he had hit on me?” he almost whispered.

“What do you mean?” Jongin raised his brow.

“Like...what are we?”

“I...” Jongin thought “I don't know”

His answer made Kyungsoo feel relief but at the same time some disappointment.

“But I do know that we should just enjoy this, whatever it is”

“Okay” Kyungsoo looked down.

“Are we okay?”

“Mhm” the older smiled.


 

Jongdae had been running around trying to find Kyungsoo for ever. He had been missing for far to long. The only place Jongdae hand't searched was Earth. He walked straight to the portal and went down.

He landed on his feet, being used to the portal by now.

“Took you long enough”

Jongdae looked up and was faced with a smug looking Xiumin.

“What are you doing here?”

“Waiting for you, of course”

“Why would you wait for me?” he scoffed.

“I have some news for you”

“Yeah? Well I can't stay and chat. I have to find...never mind” He wouldn't tell Xiumin about Kyungsoo, instead he walked past Xiumin.

“You're looking for Kyungsoo”

Jongin slowly turned around, studying Xiumin's face.

“He's missing isn't he?”

“How did you know?”

“I've been keeping an eye on him these last few days”

“Where is he?” Jongdae almost growled.

“I don't know”

“You don't know?”

“Calm down, will you? He could be anywhere but I'm guessing either the apartment or the river”

“Apartment?” Jongdae raised his brow.

“You don't know?” Xiumin chuckled, placing his hands behind his back “he's been living with someone”

“There's something you're not telling me” Jongdae took a step forward “What is it?”

“His roommate, Jongin, is in love with him”

“In love? With Kyungsoo?”

“Yes”

“And Kyungsoo. Is he...also?”

“I don't know”

“Then he's not doing anything wron-”

“Making a human fall in love with an angel is a disgrace!” Xiumin had grabbed Jongdae by his collar and pressed him up against the brickwall.

“Is that what you tell yourself at night?” Jongdae pushed the other away from him “Look, I just want to find my friend and make sure that he's not in any trouble”

The two males stared at each other. Jongdae was crossing his fingers that Xiumin would help him find Kyungsoo.

“I'll take you to the apartment”


 

Kyungsoo would probably still had been in panicmode if Jongin hadn't kept insisting on having his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders. The sun was setting in the sky which only made Kyungsoo lean onto Jongin more as they walked along the empty street.

“It's getting colder” Jongin stated.

“Yeah”

“Where do you want to go?” he kissed the top of Kyungsoo's head.

“It doesn't matter as long as I'm with you” Kyungsoo smiled but immediately stopped when he realized what he'd said “Sorry, that sounded way to cheesy”

Jongin stopped walking and turned Kyungsoo against his body, his arms wrapped around Kyungsoo.

“It happens that I'm pretty cheesy as well” Jongin whispered.

“Oh really?” Kyungsoo s his arms around Jongin's neck.

“Mhm...” Jongin stared into the other's eyes while swaying the two side to side. Kyungsoo was drowning in Jongin's eyes so he didn't notice one of Jongin's arms disappearing from his waist. “That's why I got you this”

He held out his hand inbetween the two. A silver ring, with the word sempiternus ingraved, placed in the palm of his hand.

“You-, why-...when did you get this?” Kyungsoo stared at the ring.

“The other day. I wasn't planning on buying it but when I saw it I immediately thought of you”

“Why?” Kyungsoo looked up.

“Well,” Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo's hand and put the ring on his middlefinger “it's simple and beautiful just like you”

“You're right...”

“You agree that you're beautiful?” Jongin chuckled.

“No,” Kyungsoo lightly hit Jongin's chest.

“What is it then?”

“You're cheesy”

Jongin chuckled low before he bent down, lifting his head and pressing his lips to Kyungsoo's.

“I actually need to say something” Jongin sighed when he pulled away. He slowly opened his eyes. He reached for Kyungsoo hand and held it tightly.

“The night I first met you I thought that you were amazing...” Kyungsoo raised his brow and cracked a smiled “Okay, I thought that you were annoying but only because you didn't answer my questions” Jongin laughed “But you became amazing! And soon you became everything”

Kyungsoo knew where this was going. He was being confessed to. And it could never happen. They would come for him.

“This is really sweet but we should get goi-”

“Kyungsoo,” Jongin squeezed Kyungsoo's hand “Please listen. I thought I knew what love really was”

“Jongin”

“But I didn't! These last couple of weeks has taught me that”

“Jongin, please” tears threatened to fall.

“I love you”

The clear sky siddenly was filled with black clouds and the warms air turned cold. Rain started to fall and thunder could be heard in the distance. Kyungsoo gasped for air and fell to the ground, clutching his stomach. It felt like someone had punched him in the stomach and the air around him had disappeared.

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin felt to his knees and grabbed the other's arms “What's happening!?”

Kyungsoo wanted to tell him everything. Tell him that he wasn't suppose to be here. His place wasn't on earth. Jongin wasn't suppose to love him.

“You won't be able to help him”

Kyungsoo looked up to see two men standing a few meters away from them. The lack of oxygen made his sight blurry but he'd heard that voice before.

“But he can't breath!”

“I can see that”

“Xiumin. Stop” a second voice said, on that Kyungsoo knew very well. Jongdae.

“Fine. You're so boring, do you know that?” Xiumin said before snapping his fingers.

The air around Kyungsoo came back. He inhaled sharply as he stood on all fours.

“Jongdae,” he breathed heavily, not even looking up “What are you doing here?”

“You know them?” Jongin quietly said.

“He's my best friend. The other I've never met before”

“Are you sure about that, Kyungie?” Xiumin mockling asked. Kyungsoo leaned back on his knees, slowly raising his gaxe. Now when he saw the face of the voice he realized that he knew the man.

“You. You're the one from the pub”

“Bingo” Xiumin smiled.

“What are you doing here?”

“Why don't Jongdae tell you that?” Xiumin turned to Jongdae with a smirk. Kyungsoo stood up on his weak legs and stared at his best friend, who avoided his eyes.

“Jongdae,” he looked up “Answer me”

“I'm sorry, Soo. You know the rules”

“What are you talking about?” Jongin asked, linking his hand with Kyungsoo's.

“You haven't told him?” Xiumin gasped, obvious that he was enjoying th show.

“You haven't told me what?”

“Oh, this is too good!” Xiumin chuckled.

“Xiumin, stop” Jongdae said through gritted teeth.

“Let's show Jongin who you really are, shall we?” Xiumin pushed Jongin away from Kyungsoo, towards Jongdae “Hold him”

Jongdae grabbed Jongin's arms. He put up a fight but Jongdae leaned forwards and whispered something in Jongin's ear which made the human calm down.

“What are you doing?” Kyungsoo eyed Xiumin.

“Something I should've done long ago”

Within seconds Kyungsoo was lying on the ground, face down. Xiumin was on top of him with his knee pressing down on Kyungsoo's back and his hands on his shoulders.

“Shall we show him who you really are?” Xiumin grabbed Kyungsoo's hair and janked his head up. He was forced to look at a confused looking Jongin.

“Show him who you are” Kyungsoo shook his head “show him, or I'll make you”

Kyungsoo knew what Xiumin wanted him to do. He wanted him to show his wings.

“I can't. I'm on Earth” Kyungsoo grunted when Xiumin pressed his knee into his back “It's impossible”

“Well, not impossible. You just need a starter.”

Kyungsoo felt an electric shock go through his body. He let out a sharp scream. He could hear Jongin cry out his name but the pain was too much for him to look at Jongin.

He screamed out once again when a sharp pain appeared in his back. He immediately recognized it, it was the same pain he felt when he used the portal to get down to earth. Only this time his wings wasn't disappearing – they're appearing. The pain slowly disappeared and Kyungsoo knew that his wings were out. He looked up at a teary eyed Jongin who was now sitting on the ground in front of Jongdae.

“He's an angel” Xiumin said “Angels are not allowed to fall in love”

Jongin looked over at Xiumin with teary eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Jongin repeats the question that Kyungsoo never got an answer to.

“I'm here to take Kyungsoo away from you”

“You can't do that!”

“J-jongin...” Kyungsoo whispered. “I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault” with the last strength he has left in him he starts to crawl towards Jongin. Jongin tried to stand up so he can get closer to the angel in the mud but Jongdae stops him.

“You're pathetic” Xiumin kicks Kyungsoo, making him roll over on his back with a grunt. But he rolls back on his stomach and contiunes towards Jongin. His wings feel heavy from the mud and the rain that they have absorbed.

“I admire your stubbornness” Xiumin said “But time's up. We need to go” he grabbed Kyungsoo shoulders and pulled him up.

“I love you, Jongie” Kyungsoo sadly smiles through his teary eyes. He can't see it, but he hears Jongdae telling Jongin to look away.

Kyungsoo screams out.

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin opens his eyes but it's too late. Both Kyungsoo and Xiumin are gone.

 

 


 

This is almost the end for this story...I'm kind of sad actually. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Do you like the poster? I'm in love with it!