The Beginning

Touched By An Angel

 

 

Mads Langer - Elephant

Mads Langer - Death Has Fallen In Love

Nina Nesbitt - Make Me fall

One Republik - All This Time

One Republik - Mercy

 


 

“Are you going to be like this forever?”

Kyungsoo only muttered in reply to Jongdae. He'd been like this ever since he'd left earth. His first interaction with love wasn't what he'd expect it to be. He wanted it to be sweet as cotton candy, soft like a rose's pedal but it was dark as the night.

Jongdae let out a long sigh.

“Well, I'm going back to earth now. You can join me if you want to”

Kyungsoo could hear the older's footsteps fade. In his head a quiet debate took place. Should he go or not?
 

“I really didn't think you would join me” Jongdae chuckled.

“Neither did I” Kyungsoo mumbled. He didn't know why he'd come along. Maybe his heart told him that love did really excist. What he encountered wasn't love, it was something else. Something dark and love wasn't dark.

It had nearly been a month since Kyungsoo had helped the drunken man and he didn't want to see him again. Jongin was the man who had showed Kyungsoo something he would never want to experience again.

When Jongdae and Kyungsoo parted he had no idea where to go. The last time he had been to earth he had gone to the pub where he had met Jongin. Since he didn't want to meet him again Kyungsoo decided to take a walk.

It was late summer. Warm enough to not wear a jacket but too cool to have bare legs. Not that it mattered to Kyungsoo. Angels are creatures from Heaven, designed not to feel emotion nor cold or heat. Angels were always perfect temperature.

Sometimes Kyungsoo wondered what it would be like to have emotions or feel different temperatures. He had watched how humans wrapped themselves in knitted cardigans and scarfes during the winter. He had studied humans enough to know that when they were happy they smiled ot even laughed. He knew very well how 'happy' looked like but he had never experienced it himself. Kyungsoo was so deep in thought thathe didn't notice that his legs had brought him to the pub. It was when he sat down at the bar when he understood where he was.

“A toast?”

“What?” Kyungsoo blinked.

The waitor at the other side of the bar smiled goofily.

“You had toast the last time you were here” he smiled “I figured you wanted one now”

“Oh” Kyungsoo blinked some more “I'll just have a coffee”

The waitor – named Chanyeol if Kyungsoo remembered right – nodded, turned around and started to grind beans.

Kyungsoo leaned down and rested his forehead against the counter. A headache was creeping up on him – if angels even could have one.

“Tired?” A voice asked, Kyungsoo assumed it was Chanyeol. The angel nodded.

“Hey Chanyeol! Get me a coffee too!”

Kyungsoo snapped his head up. The voice he thought was Chanyeol, wasn't Chanyeol. Kyungsoo slowly turned his head to the side to be faced by a smiling Jongin. His hair looked lighter since last and he had pushed his bangs up and out of his face. He was wearing a white t-shirt and light blue jeans.

“You're the one who helped me when I was drunk a couple of weeks ago, right?”

Kyungsoo was surprised, to say the least, that the man remembered him.

“Y-yes. How did you know?”

Jongin chuckled.

“I don't remember much from that night but I do remember someone being with me. Chanyeol later told me about a mysterious man following me out of here”

Kyungsoo looked down with a faint smile on his lips.

“And I think I've found him.

“You sure have” Chanyeol said as he sat down two cups of coffee in front of the two.

“Good, I'm Jongin” he held out his hand.

I know.

“Kyungsoo”

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo stayed at the bar for the rest of the day, talking. Mostly about Jongin, since Kyungsoo couldn't really tell the other that much about his world.

Jongin was a writer, not a successful one, but he didn't seem to care.

“I write because I think it's fun. I'm not in it for the fame”

He liked to play football, he used to dance, he was a thinker and he was a year younger than Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was so focused on Jongin, how he had a bad habit of biting his lips or how his eyes got smaller when he laughed, that he didn't notice the hours passing by.

“I'm sorry to interupt,” Chanyeol interupted “but we're closing”

“That's alright” Jongin smiled. The two payed for their coffee before they headed out in the cool summer air.

“I had fun” the older said, not exactly knowing how to say good-bye.

“Me too” Jongin smiled and Kyungsoo was sure that his legs would give in any second.

“I'll see you around” Kyungsoo quickly said and turned around.

“Hey! Wait up!” Jongin laughed and Kyungsoo heard how he was running after him “You're a quick one, huh?”

Kyungsoo only stared back. What could he possibly want?

“Let me walk you home”

It was a hard one for Kyungsoo to get out of. Jongin kept insisting on walking the older home.

“Why not?” Jongin pouted.

“Because...I..uhm....I don't live...here”

“Where do you live then?”

“Uh...I'm just not from around here”

Jongin raised his brow.

“Okay...”

The look Kyungsoo was giving from Jongin said: You're a weirdo.

“I mean.. I'm only here for a few hours, then I'm...going home”

“Oh! You don't live in the city!”

Kyungsoo nodded.

“Well, Kyungsoo it was very nice meeting you”

 

Kyungsoo thought that that was the last time he was going to meet Jongin but he was wrong. Everytime Kyungsoo came back to earth he met up with Jongin. They would ususally just sit at the pub and talk but sometimes they went for a walk.

 

At first Kyungsoo didn't realized what was happening but as time went on he started to notice the sparks.
 

The first spark happened two months after their second meeting.

As always Kyungsoo came down to earth with Jongdae. They said good-bye and Kyungsoo walked straight to the pub. When he got there Jongin was sitting on a barstool. When he spotted Kyungsoo he immediately grabbed his black leather jacket and ran up to the big eyed boy.

“Come on! I want to show you something!”

He took Kyungsoo to a park. They sat down on a bench and watched the children play around.

“I come here all the time to think” Jongin softly said, interupting the two's silence. “I don't know if it's the children playing that reminds me of childhood that calms me down or if it's just the silence and fresh air that does it”

Kyungsoo would lie if he said that he didn't see Jongin in a different light than before. Everything seemed to change. His hair looked softer, His skin smoother, his eyes brighter. Kyungsoo watched Jongin's face while he was looking at the children. A spark went through his body.
 

The second and third sparks came two days later. It was closing in on midnight and the two was walking along the river – another special place to Jongin.

“I've always wanted to rent one of those” he pointed at one of the wooden boats that had a sign saying 'FOR RENTING'.

“You should do it then sometime” Kyungsoo said, still watching the boats floating in a line on the dark water.

“We should do it together”

Kyungsoo felt Jongin slip his hand into the other's. A spark.

They kept their hands linked all the way to Jongin's house. When Jongin released Kyungsoo's hand he immediately felt cold, despite having the same body temperature.

“Thank you for today” Jongin smiled. Kyungsoo didn't have time to answer before Jongin had wrapped his amrs around Kyungsoo's neck and pulled him close. Second spark.

“I really hope you come back soon” Jongin whispered in Kyungsoo's ear. It tickled his skin “You know where to find me”

 

“You seem awfully happy lately” Jongdae laughed “Any particulat reason?”

“No” Kyungsoo smiled.

Don't do anything stupid, Kyungie.
 

Jongdae walked in to the big hall. The walls painted in gold.

“I'm here to see-”

“You're Jongdae, right?” the guy behind the desk at the reception asked.

“Yeah”

“He's waiting for you on the top floor”

Jongdae nodded before he walked towards the elevator, which smelled like cigarettes. He hated this place. He hated it with all of his heart. The first time he'd come here was horrible and it didn't get easier. One thing that made it up was that Kyungsoo seemed to be happy to be comeing back to earth regulary. But Kyungsoo could never know why Jongdae have to come back so often.

“Jongdae” Xiumin smiled when the elevator doors opened at the top floor.

“Hi” he forced a smiled. He hated the guy in front of him.

The top floor was just one big room with windows so large that it felt like the walls were made of glass completely.

“I like it up here” Xiumin said when he noticed that Jongdae was looking out “You're so high up, so we're almost home”

I'm almost home” Jongdae corrected.

“Right,” Xiumin chuckled “Let's get started shall we?”

 

“Where are we going to do today?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Well,” Jongin smiled and grabbed Kyungsoo's hand “Since you've been gone for a week I've been planning something special”

“And that is?” Kyungsoo raised his brow.

“The beach”

 

Kyungsoo had never been to a beach before even though he knew what they looked like.

The two had taken off their shoes and were barefoot in the sand. The sand was warm and soft underneath Kyungsoo's feet.

The sun was setting and painting the sky red.

“It's beautiful” Kyungsoo smiled as he looked up.

“I love it here”

“Another one of your thinking spots?” the older nudged Jongin's shoulder.

“Yeah,” he chuckled “Let's sit down”

The two sat in silence for a while, and Kyungsoo enjoyed it. He liked being with Jongin – talking or not – he just wanted to be near.

“Are you cold?”

No, was what Kyungsoo should say but something in him told him to say yes.

“A little bit”

Jongin stood up and shrugged off his jacket and handed it to Kyungsoo.

“Thanks” he smiled.

 

“Our plan is complete” Xiumin smirked. He was sitting by a desk filled with papers.

“Tell me” Jongdae said from the other side of the desk.

“Well, we've found a place to keep the traitors”

“Traitors?” Jongdae raised his brow “Is that what we call them now?”

“Yes, they are traitors, to us”

“Not to you” Jongdae pointed out.

“You think you're better than me, don't you?” Xiumin leaned forward in his chair “Just because I'm stuck here on earth”

Jongdae stared at the older. He didn't look down on Xiumin, Truth is he didn't care what he'd done to be banned from Heaven, he just hated him.

“Carry on”

“As you please” Xiumin nodded “The cellars are inbetween earth and hell, right in the middle. It's completely silent, causing the traito-...person to go insane”

“No visitors?”

“Well, the Devil might check in” Xiumin grinned.

“No, he has nothing to do with this”

“I don't think he will mind-”

“No,” Jongdae interupted “he can't visit”

“Whatever you say”

“Anything else I should know about?”

“You'll be ready to use it in seven days”

“I don't think we'll need it so soon but thank you”

“You never know. Don't you have any love obsessed in Heaven lately?”

Kyungsoo.

“No”
 

(He is We - All About Us)

“I don't want to brag or anything but I'm quite a dancer” Jongin grinned.

“Oh really?”

He nodded his head proudly.

“Yep, been taking lessons for a few years now” he stood up and dusted the sand off of his jeans. He reached his hand out to Kyungsoo.

“Are you asking me to dance with you?” he raised his brow.

Jongin once again nodded.

“I don't know, Jongie”

“Is that a nickname?” Jongin smiled widely.

“Erm...I guess” Kyungsoo looked down at his hands in embarrassment. How could he have let that slip?

“Let's dance”

“Why do you want to do that?” Kyungsoo raised his gaze. Jongin was smirking down at him.

“Because I want to dance with you, Kyungie”

With a simple pull from Jongin Kyungsoo was up on his feet.

“I don't know how to dance” Kyungsoo said.

“I can teach you” Jongin whispered “it's easy”

“I don't know...”

“I'll show you” the other took a step closer and grabbed Kyungsoo's hands. “Your hands will be around my neck” he lifted Kyungsoo's hands and placed them around his neck.

“Where-” Kyungsoo swallowed “Where are your hands suppose to be?”

“Here” Jongin whispered. He placed his hands on Kyungsoo's hips, causing the older's breathing to stop for a couple of seconds.

“And now?”

“Well, first we need to be closer,” he pulled Kyungsoo closer by his hips until they were chest to chest “No you just need to follow me”

It was easier than Kyungsoo thought it would be. Jongin led him very well. If you didn't count the few times Kyungsoo stepped on Jongin's feet.

The two's bodies were pressed together tightly. Kyungsoo was doing his best to not focus on how Jongin's body felt. He could feel every breath he took – his chest pressing against his own a bit more.

“This is cozy” Jongin chuckled, sending vibrations through Kyungsoo's body.

“Yeah...” Kyungsoo smiled “It is”

 

From that day on Kyungsoo always felt butterflies in his stomach whenever he thought of Jongin – which was pretty often.

 

“Do you really have to leave?”

Kyungsoo was wrapped in Jongin's arms. It was getting late. The sky was dark and the stars were out.

“Yes” the older mumbled. He really had to go. Jongdae was waiting for him and he'd probably done that for a while now.

“Why?” Jongin muttered.

“I have to go home” Kyungsoo lightly chuckled.

“You can stay at my place”

“What?” Kyungsoo froze.

“I said,” Jongin gently pushed Kyungsoo so he could look down at him “You can stay at my place”

Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin, not quite understanding what he'd just been offered. Jongin was smiling down at him while he was playing with the other's hair. Kyungsoo was so mesmerized that he was about to agree.

“Jongin?” a voice said – a voice said male knew very well.

“Kris” Jongin's voice darkened as he said the name. Kyungsoo recognized the name immediately.
 

I'm still in love with you. I love you, Kris”

 

Jongin released his grip around Kyungsoo. When he felt Jongin's grip around him losen he took a step backwards and turned around. Kris looked like he had done the first time Kyungsoo had seen him – blonde, tall and handsome. Beside him stood another male – tall and handsome but with black hair.

Kyungsoo glanced over at Jongin who was staring at Kris without blinking.

“Jongin, this is my boyfriend, Zitao” Kris said as he grabbed the dark haired boy's hand.

“It's nice to meet you” Zitao smiled, stretching his arm out. Jongin clenched his jaw and hands, still staring at Kris.

“I'm Kyungsoo” he interupted the awkward silence. He grabbed Zitao's hand – meant for Jongin – and shook it. A gesture that seemed to be appriciated. Kris and Zitao let out a silent sigh while Jongin tore his stare from Kris and looked at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was sure that he could see a small smile on the younger's lips.

“How do you two know each other?” Kris raised his brow in a disapproving matter which made Kyungsoo want to scream at him.

I met him when he was drinking himself unconsciousness so he could forget about the sturpid idiot who broke his heart.

Kyungsoo wanted to say those exact words while glaring at Kris but he knew that Jongin would hate him for it.

“We met at a pub during lunch one day”

Not a complete lie.

“And how did you two meet?” Jongin asked, crooking his head to the side. Something in his voice said that he knew very well how they'd met.

Zitao bit his lip and glanced over at his boyfriend.

“Work” Kris answered.


 



 

I didn't mean for Xiumin to be the “bad” guy it just sort of happened when I wrote this! There will be two more chapters after this one plus a short epilogue (if I can controll my Kaisoo feels).

I haven't quite figured out how to do this playlist thing yet...I don't want to put the songs in the middle of chapters since I myself think it's annoying. I'm thinking about putting them in a list in the foreword or something!