Chapter Six

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Scooping her from the floor, Jongkook ran towards the bathroom and carefully stood her by the toilet. As expected, she kept throwing up and the sound of her voice made Jongkook worry even more. The man soothed her back as she kept vomiting. And when there was no more to be released, Jongkook took a towel from the rack and carefully held the woman as she leaned weakly against him. Wiping off the chunks from her face, Jongkook carried her once more and walked towards the living room to lay her down the couch.

"You feeling okay?" Jongkook asked, wiping Jihyo's hands this time.

The actress nodded, her eyes closed because she was too weak and embarrassed to face the Commander. Jongkook wasted no time and headed for the kitchen to look for some medicine and to fetch her a glass of water. He's seen Kwangsoo and Joongki get sick from drinking so he has an idea on how to handle situations like this. Grabbing two advils and a cool glass of water, Jongkook strolled toward Jihyo who was still groaning with her hands on her head.

"Don't do that." Jongkook scolded and placed the stuff in his hold on the coffee table. 

Helping the actress sit up, Jongkook brushed Jihyo's hair off her face gently and carefully handed her the pills and the glass of water. "Drink." He commanded softly and Jihyo complied immediately.

Noticing that Jihyo's clothes were stained from vomit, Jongkook rushed towards the room the actress has vacated and rummaged through her duffle bag to grab a shirt. Walking back into the living room, he found a blank Ace, staring at the dead TV screen only to face him when he was standing close to her.

"Can you change your shirt?" Jongkook asked and placed the garment on Jihyo's lap. 

The Ace didn't quite understand the Commander's intention but when he turned around to face the hall, Jihyo finally got the message and turned her back away as well, stripping from her stained shirt as she wore the fresh one.

"Done?" Jongkook asked. 

"Ne, Oppa." Jihyo called and placed the dirty shirt beside the empty glass. 

Taking the dirty shirt from the table, Jongkook went away to dispose of it in the hamper and strolled quietly into the room where the boys stayed. He took out his pillow and his blanket and went back to the woman who was still seated on the couch. Kneeling down beside the stuffed seat, Jongkook fluffed up the pillow and placed it on one side of the couch and gave Jihyo his blanket. He smiled a soft smile and Jihyo couldn't help but smile back.

"Go back to sleep, Jihyo-ya." The man said and took glass from where it was stationed.

"Mianhe, Oppa." The Ace said, embarrassment washing over her once more. 

"It's nothing. Now go back to sleep. You'll feel better later." Jongkook smiled and before Jihyo could speak, he was already strolling to the kitchen and back to the hall, disappearing from her sight.

Jihyo couldn't fathom what she felt from that incident. Embarrassed? Happy? Safe? Disgusting? It was a wash of mixed emotions that drenched her. Though she was quite thankful that Jongkook was there to look after her and help her on her time of need. He really is Mr. Capable. Laying down on the prepared couch, Jihyo couldn't stop cursing herself mentally for what she's done. Vomiting when drunk wasn't new to her but doing it in someone's home was something else. It's disgusting and embarrassing in one package, Jihyo! She shook her head as if arguing with herself and decided to take Jongkook's advice and go back to sleep.

 

 

"Jongkook hyung?" Kwangsoo said when he stood up to leave the room. Joongki was already stretching and about to stand himself when he noticed that the Commander was indeed missing. Both boys then left the area and walked out, startled to see Jihyo lying on the couch.

"Jihyo noona?" Joongki called but Kwangsoo was quick enough to cover the flower boy's mouth.

"If Jihyo noona is there then Jongkook hyung must be-" The two boys scuttled over to Jihyo's previous room, only to find a sleeping Commander on the mattress that Jihyo occupied. Not wanting to disturb the elder, Joongki and Kwangsoo closed the door lightly, went straight to the kitchen and fussed on what to have for breakfast.

 

 

The dining table was crowded by three boys who were busy scarfing down on the bacon and eggs breakfast Kwangsoo has prepared. Jongkook had a glass of orange juice in hand when he heard a groan. Jihyo was awake and the clock indicated that it was 11:30am. The woman had her hands to her head as she felt pain resonating through it once more. Quickly standing from his seat, Jongkook rushed towards Jihyo, sitting beside her and offered her the glass of cool orange juice in his grasp.

"What happened to noona?" Joongki asked, stunned when he saw the way Jihyo looked.

"She threw up last night so I took care of her." Jongkook replied coolly then took the glass from the Jihyo when she had finished. "You okay?" He asked, concern etched on his voice.

"Ne. Thank you again, Oppa." Jihyo smiled and faced her tall dongsaeng. "Mianhae, Kwangsoo. I didn't mean to." She frowned. She was still embarrassed by her accident.

"Aniyo, Noona." Kwangsoo smiled and patted her back. "I'm just happy you're okay now."

"Breakfast is ready. Can you eat?" The Commander asked as he stood from were he sat.

Jihyo nodded and stood up as well, walking towards the kitchen. But her body felt weak so Jongkook and Joongki had to help her get to the table. Breakfast was animated for the four members. Each one shared about their experience on last night's event and despite the accident, Jihyo admitted that she wanted a sleep over again. They talked about the things they had for the week. Jongkook had a scheduled interview with a TV show and the rest of the actors had filming for the next day. Life with the four of them never seemed to die down. They were, as people say, a family.

 

 

 

A couple more episodes have past for Running

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter