Chapter Twenty-One

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And how is this my fault?” Changjoo asked, annoyance evident in his voice.

“I never said it was your fault, Oppa.” Jihyo said with a soft voice.

“I know but that's what you're implying. You gave me the idea to make Jongkook jealous so don't blame me for the outcome of it.” Standing from his desk, Changjoo fixed his desk and stuffed some papers harshly in his briefcase.

“Meeting?” Jihyo asked.

“Yes and thank you very much for giving me a bad mood before a meeting.” Shaking his head, the CEO pressed his middle finger and thumb on both sides of his temple, massaging them gently as to take the tension away. “Look Jihyo, if you're so worried about Jongkook, just tell him that what the media announced about us was fake. Then once the fire of the issue has finally died down, we'll just casually announce that we broke up.” He explained. “You should have thought about the effect of this before you know and I was stupid and careless to not think of it myself.” Sighing and picking up his briefcase, Changjoo walked over to the door of his office and opened it wide, gesturing the actress to exit first.

“I'm sorry, Oppa.. I was just so confused and the papers where right in front of me.”

“I understand, Seongim but you should have done what I told you in the first place. Ask.”

Nodding to what the man stated, Jihyo walked out of the office with Changjoo right behind her. And in an instant, the man held Jihyo's hand in a way a couple would; hands clasped around each other and bodies close with one another. The issue of them being together was still fresh that even when Jihyo regrets the plan of making Jongkook by faking a relationship with Changjoo, they had to act like a couple in love to the public even in the office. As they walked through the halls of the office, employees bowed continuously in their presence, giggles and whispers being heard after they have passed one from another. This was what irritated Jihyo even more. Even when everything between her and Changjoo was fake, she couldn't help but get annoyed by the continuous rustles that the employees of the company as well as the fans are making.

“Don't mind them.” Changjoo said in a serious voice. “It's a big company so most people have nothing to do.” He chuckled.
Stopping by a door that had the words 'Meeting Room 1' engraved on it, Changjoo released  Jihyo's hand and smiled as he faced the actress.

“So what are we gonna do when we get home?” Changjoo said in a parent like voice as he looked at the woman standing in front of him.

“I'm not a kid, Oppa.” Jihyo retorted.

“Well stop acting like one. Now, what are you gonna do when you get home?” He repeated the question, a bit more stressful this time.

Sighing, Jihyo answered. “I will think of what I did.”

“And?”

“And tell Jongkook Oppa the truth.”

“Good girl.” Changjoo chuckled. “If you do those, I'll buy you coffee.” He grinned and placed his hand on the actress' shoulder. “Don't think too much ne? You're eye bags will have bags for themselves.”

“Arasseo, Oppa.” Jihyo smiled before wrapping her arms around the man, her face pressed against his chest. “Thank you so much again, Oppa. You're the best big brother I never had.”

Changjoo reciprocated the hug as well, wrapping his arms around the Ace's slim frame. “I told you a thousand times, it's my job to make my talents happy and besides you're my sister and this doesn't come free you know.” Changjoo grinned before looking down to face the actress’ eyes wide in shock.

“Eh? What do you mean?” The woman whined.

“It means – “ The man was cut off when he noticed a familiar figure standing at the end of the hall. “Oh hello, Jongkook-ssi.” Changjoo said, making Jihyo’s eyes widen even more as the sound of his name lingered in her head.

It has been a while since she faced the man. After that kiss under the rain, connection and communication stopped from then on. Jihyo thought that it was ironic for Jongkook to ignore her after the kiss they shared in the last filming of the variety show. But after some thinking, she began to think that it was for the best. Not just for him but for the both of them. Surely both are confused and derailed with the sudden stir of events and words that have been said, so a time of solitude or rather solitary confinement would be the best for both the Ace and Commander.. until now.

“I best be on my way.” Changjoo said and his hand against Jihyo’s head. “Text me when you get home?”

Jihyo nodded.

“And don’t forget about our deal ne? I think you should better start that now.” The CEO called before he disappears inside the meeting room.

It was as if time has ceased its course when Jongkook and Jihyo’s eyes finally met. The sadness, the longing, the lost love so fragile evident in their orbs, making the corridor somewhat a small place for both of them to stay in. Neither one broke the silence nor made a move to approach the other, instead, they watched each other like curious animal, not knowing how to react or what to do with the being that’s standing right in front of them.

Having enough of the deafening silence, Jongkook took courage and broke the ice. “Do you wanna grab some coffee?” It was all he could say or offer since he knows and the whole world knows that the woman did enjoy a cup of coffee of two. In Jongkook’s thoughts, this would be the perfect conversation starter to the woman he hasn’t seen in more than 4 days now. With a nod, Jihyo agreed to the man’s offer and made her step to face the man and make to reality what she has promised Changjoo.

 

 

 

 

I was running. Running Fast
My heartbeat was off the chart
Didn't know where I was. Didn't know where to go
All I knew was, I was far.

I turned my head, looked at the horizon
And saw the sun was about to set
There I saw a familiar figure
That very same silhouette.

"Jongkook" I heard the contour whisper
Walking slowly towards me
I rubbed my eyes and the vision came clear
Seongim. My Love. She is w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter