Chapter Nineteen

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rain started pouring down as the Ace held her cup of coffee closer to her chest. Two reasons were the cause of this action, one; was to keep her warm and two; the scent of coffee helped in calming down her thoughts. The room was quiet, not a soul in sight and yet it felt homey for the actress. She knew this place well. She spent most of her time here to think once she’s on distress. Jihyo walked about the room, scanning the familiar area. Then a smile softly kissed her lips as she saw a frame composing of all the people she has ever known to love, hanging on the wall.

Walking towards the window, the actress looked down at the people hastening through the streets with their umbrellas up, protecting them from the threatening rain. She then thought if there was even one person among the rushing crowd who was feeling the same pain that she was feeling at that moment. But a quick notion came to her mind, making her shake her head and look up to the heavens. No one.

“Need a shovel?” A low voice suddenly spoke; startling the Ace from her reverie.

“Aish.. Oppa! Stop scaring me like that.” Jihyo whined as she faced the owner of the voice. “What are you doing here anyway? It’s a weekend.”

“Don’t you think I should be the one asking you that?” The man chuckled. “This is my office after all.”

Shaking her head, the actress let out a sigh of depression before taking a seat on the chair that was positioned just before the mahogany desk. She stared blankly ahead, her eyes trailing along the ornaments that were sitting on the table. A huge flat screen monitor, a desk planner, a pile of folders on the other side that looked like proposals and contracts that needed his signature and a desk name plate with the words Baek Chang Joo, CEO engraved on it.

Noticing the look painted on the actress’ face, Changjoo chuckled and took some folders from his side, opening them and started reading its content. The man knew that there was something wrong with his friend, and he knew just the right way to pull it out of her. Clearing his throat, he started bombarding her with question.

“So how’s work?” He asked plainly.

“Eh?” Shocked by the sudden question, the Ace looked at the man with a folder covering his face.

“Well?” Changjoo pushed.

“It’s fine.”

“No problem?” The CEO peeked out from his folder, only to find the woman looking down and shaking her head. Feeling that the talk would go nowhere, the man took a deep breath, faced the empty folder once again and asked the real question that was stirring about in his head.  “Not even with Jongkook?”

Silence filled the room after the question was released. Only the sound of the raindrops hitting the window was dominating the chamber. Feeling impatient as the silence started to stretch; Changjoo inhaled deeply and placed the folder down on his table only to find a gaping Jihyo staring at him with wide eyes.

Jihyo couldn’t believe the question that was just asked to her by her boss. She didn’t even know that he had knowledge about her being linked to the Commander. But what was battling more on her head was she wasn’t ready to share what she was feeling to anyone. She’s broken, devastated, and miserable beyond repair, and if she starts talking about the person who is making her feel this way, she knows she’s going to cry and that wasn’t part of her plan for the day. Blinking her eyes and shutting her jaw, she swallowed hard and regained her composure, squaring her shoulder to show her boss that she has no idea of what he just asked.

“Jongkook Oppa? Why would I even have a problem with him?” Jihyo said plainly.

“Don’t compare me to a fool, Seongim-ah.” Changjoo chuckled jokingly. “You work for me, Seongim and as CEO it is part of my responsibilities to know what is happening with my employees especially my artists.” Standing up from his chair, he grabbed the picture frame from his desk and strode towards the actress and stop just in front of her, leaning his hip against his table before handing the frame to her and pointing at a brown haired man who was sitting at the front. “Jaejoong is one of my best examples. I’m sure you know this too right, his past with his co-member in his former band?”

Jihyo just kept still on her seat, staring that the photo that was on her hands. Yes, she knew about Jaejoong and Yunho. How the pair started and how everything ended in just a blink of an eye. Looking up to the man that was standing behind her, a question suddenly developed in her head.

“Why is he suddenly in the picture? Weren’t we talking about me and Jongkook Oppa?”

Changjoo chuckled and nodded before taking back the from the woman’s grasp. “I’m simply saying that even with the heaviest problems, I try my best to help the people beneath me. Now, I’m working up a deal at SM Entertainment for  TVXQ and JYJ. It’s still a blur but the boys and I are praying for it to be possible.” The CEO nodded and returned the frame down on his desk. “So now, will you tell me what’s eating you?”

Biting down on her lower lip, Jihyo didn’t if she should tell Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter