Chapter Three

Behind the Scenes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thursday came by smoothly and it was 5pm when Jongkook got out of the shower. Today was the day he and Jihyo would start training for the next episode of Running Man. As he entered his room to get dressed, Jongkook thought of the things Jihyo needed to train for. She seemed to have less stamina since she's sick. After putting on a black sleeveless shirt and grey sweat pants, Jongkook sat down on the bed to put on his shoes and took his phone to call Jihyo. After searching for her number on his mobile, he stuck his phone between his ear and his shoulders. Jihyo then answered on the third ring.

 

"Yoboseyo?"

"Jihyo-ah. Eodiseo?"

"Jongkook Oppa! I'm about to leave my apartment."

"Oh good. Just be at the gym by six to six thirty okay?"

"Ne Oppa." He sensed her smile.

"Arasseo. Do you want anything for snack?"

"Ohh.. Americano Oppa and a pancake?"

"Arasseo arasseo. I'll see you then."

 

After hanging up, Jongkook quickly phone his manager, Gapjin, that he'll be at the gym. It was important for Gapjin to know where Jongkook was all the time. Hanging up again, Jongkook took his duffle bag, his jacket and his car keys and went straight out of his apartment. It was raining when Jongkook was half way towards the gym. A cup of Starbucks Americano coffee was sitting peacefully on the cup holder and a container of strawberry and whipped cream waffle on the passenger's seat. Jongkook couldn't avoid the happy feeling he was having. Maybe because Jihyo was now one of his close friends? But either way, he felt excited. 

Siwon and Minho greeted Jongkook at once as they saw their Hyung. Both men giving their sunbae a hug and started on small talk as he arrived. Since he came a bit early, Jongkook agreed on working out with his two dongsaengs. Walking over to the bench press, Jongkook assisted Siwon on adding some plates on either sides of the metal stick. And with no much time used, Minho started to lifting the barbell. Three men took turns on lifting the muscle breaker and both dongsaengs were amazed on how much weight Jongkook can carry. 

"No wonder hyung's body is like that." Minho said as he watched with wide eyes.

Jongkook has already done twenty lifts when Jihyo came inside the gym. She was scanning the place, looking for a familiar face. And to her surprise, she saw the hallyu stars standing beside a man who is carrying a barbell. The grunts from the unknown man seemed familiar to Jihyo's ears. Walking towards them, she was surprised to see that it was Jongkook who was laid back against the bench press.

"Daebak." Jihyo said as she starred at Jongkook causing both Siwon and Minho to face her.

"Ah Song Jihyo-ssi." Both greeted as they bowed at her.

"Jihyo?" Jongkook halted and placed the barbell back on it's hook, sitting upright to see her.

An amazed Jihyo met his eyes making him arch his eye brow in curiosity. Standing up, he wiped the sweat off his face and greeted Jihyo with a smile and pat on the shoulder. Jongkook then bid the two boys a farewell as he led Jihyo towards the bench where he placed his things.

"You did that?" Jihyo asked, still amazed to what she witnessed.

"Did what?"

"Lifted that heavy thing." She pointed at the bench press.

"Ahh.. ne." Jongkook chuckled. "Is it your first time to see someone carry that equipment?"

Jihyo shook her head. "Ani. But it's my first time to see you carry that. No wonder your body is like that." She chuckled and poked Jongkook's side.

Chuckling back, Jongkook took the Starbucks paper bag with the waffle inside and the the cup of Americ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter