Chapter Three;

You Took the Time.

You Took the Time: Chapter Three.

Shinyeong arrived home and saw her dad sitting on the couch. It was rare for him to be home when she got home since he'd stay at the office late. 

"Appa, what are you doing home?" She asked him as he sipped on his tea. 

He cleared his throat and looked at her, "I got a call from one of your teachers... She said you have an A- in the class and that I should congratulate you." 

Shinyeong looked on at her dad. She knew what he was about to say next. 

"An A-? Really, MINUS? Shinyeong-ah what kind of nonsense is this? Do you really think you'll get into Seoul University with that kind of grade?" 

Shinyeong bowed her head and apologized to her dad. She hated how she always seemed to not be good enough at anything. 
 
"I'm sorry appa~ i'll try harder and receive an A+." 
 
Her dad scoffed and shooed her away.
 
Grabbing her backpack, she made her way upstairs. 
 
Once she reached her room, she threw her backpack to the ground and plopped onto her bed. Tears began forming in her eyes and she let it all out. 
 
"Why am I so stupid?!" She yelled at herself and continued to cry. 
 
She brought her knees up and wrapped her arms around them. She shut her eyes trying to stop crying but it wasn't helping. 
 
She stood up, grabbed a hoodie and put it on. She ran downstairs and once she was at the door she put on her shoes. 
 
"Shinyeong-ah, where are you going?" Her dad asked as he looked on at her. 
 
She said nothing and stormed out. Refusing her driver's assistance, she walked to where her feet took her. 
 
Arriving to the park, she sat down criss cross on a bench and looked on at the scenery. 
 
She was too deep in thought to notice the boy who had been sitting down next to her for about five minutes now. 
 
Turning to her right, Shinyeong's eyes widened and she almost fell off the bench. 
 
"Lu-Luhan." She whispered. 
 
Luhan chuckled at her reaction to seeing him. 
 
"You must've been thinking hard to not have noticed me sitting here for the past few minutes." He said with a smile. 
 
Shinyeong blinked her eyes several times. Was he really talking to her again? 
 
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
 
Luhan looked at the scenery, "I like coming here and just relaxing. What are you doing here?" 
 
Shinyeong sniffled and let out a deep breath, "I just needed to get away for a while." 
 
Luhan slowly nodded his head. His brows furrowed when he noticed her puffy, red eyes.
 
Sighing to himself, he leaned in and caressed her cheek making her jump back in surprise. 
 
"W-What are you doing?" Shinyeong asked. 
 
"You were crying, weren't you? Your cheek is all wet from tears." 
 
Shinyeong felt embarrassed. This was the second time Luhan had seen her cry. 
 
"I told you that a girl like you shouldn't cry. What's the problem?" He asked with a frown. 
 
The fact that Luhan was sympathizing for her made Shinyeong's heart skip a beat. 
 
No one had ever cared so much the way he was doing at the moment and they weren't even friends or anything. 
 
"Just, family stuff." She simply answered. 
 
"Well, don't let it phase you too much. You shouldn't be sad over anything, okay?" Luhan smiled at her.
 
Shinyeong nodded her head, "Okay." She said in an almost whisper. 
 
Her and Luhan just sat there for about an hour, admiring everything around them. 
 
It began getting dark and Shinyeong figured she should get going home. Standing up, she began walking. 
 
"Where are you going?" Luhan asked. 
 
Shinyeong turned back, "Home." 
 
Luhan smiled, "Let me walk you, it's getting dark." 
 
Shinyeong's heart stopped and she gulped. She couldn't resist his offer so she nodded her head. 
 
The walk home was silent but Shinyeong never felt more safe and secure. She found herself smiling at random times for absolutely no reason. 
 
"We're here." She said and Luhan nodded his head. 
 
"I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled and waved as he turned to walk away. 
 
"Lu-Luhan, wait!" Shinyeong yelled out. 
 
She surprised herself with how loud she was. 
 
Luhan looked at her with raised brows waiting for her to speak. 
 
"Thank you." She said. 
 
Luhan chuckled, "No problem." 

AUTHOR'S NOTE;
I wrote this on my phone which is why the sentences are short. They looked longer on my phone LOL.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy!