Chapter Two;

You Took the Time.

You Took the Time: Chapter Two.

Luhan was walking to lunch when he heard someone in the empty hall way. “Everyone should already be in the cafeteria.” He told himself.

He turned the corner and saw Shinyeong at her locker. She was on the phone and her expression didn’t look too good.

“Unnie, stop! I just won’t eat, okay!” She yelled and hung up the phone. She let herself fall back against the locker.

Luhan’s eyes widened and he dashed forward, prepared to catch her if he had to. When her back hit the locker, he stopped a couple of feet away from her. She still hadn’t noticed that he was there when she broke down into tears.

“Shinyeong?” She looked up and quickly turned around. She shut her eyes in embarrassment and wiped the tears away.

“What?” She asked.

Luhan walked and got in front of her. He looked down at her with a worried look, “Why are you crying?” He asked.

“Why would you care?” Shinyeong pushed passed through him and walked down the hall.

Luhan did what he believed was right and he followed her, “Hey!” He grabbed onto her wrist and spun her around.

Shinyeong couldn’t believe all of this was happening. Her and Luhan actually talking?

“I don’t know what’s going on but you don’t deserve it. A girl like you doesn’t deserve to be crying over something someone said.”

Shinyeong’s eyes widened. Was Luhan really comforting her right now?

“Why are you being like this?” She asked.

Luhan cracked a small smile, “Because, despite us never have talked before, I’m a nice guy, I really am. You don’t know me Shinyeong and I don’t know you. But I do know that no girl should cry.”

He used his thumb and wiped any remaining tears that were still on her face and flashed her a smile. “So, feel better and don’t cry. Whatever’s bothering you will go away.”

He gave her a thumbs up and made his way to the cafeteria.

Shinyeong stood there still in shock over everything that had just happened. Luhan was right, she didn’t know him but what she heard was definitely true. Luhan was a nice guy and Shinyeong didn’t mind having him around more at times like this.

Making her way to the cafeteria, Shinyeong spotted her friends who called her over. “We got you lunch.” She sat down and stared at it then remembered the lunch she had left in her locker.

Pushing the tray away, she shook her head, “I’m not hungry.”

Minjung eyed her, “But, you didn’t even eat breakfast.”

All of her friends looked at her with worried expressions and Shinyeong forced herself to smile. “I’m just not feeling hungry today. But don’t worry, I’ll eat dinner.”

Shinyeong rested her chin on her palm that was being held up by her elbow and she looked around the room. Everyone looked so happy and worry free. Why couldn’t she be like them?

All Shinyeong ever did was worry about her weight, about her looks, about her studies, everything. There was not a day that went by when she was just happy with herself.

She couldn’t really recall when the last time she was truly happy but it must’ve been a long time ago.

As her eyes roamed around the room, they landed on a pair that was already focused on her, Luhan’s.

This time she didn’t bug out or anything, but she stared right back at him with a soft expression. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes till Luhan gave her a small smile.

But Shinyeong wasn’t happy, so why should she smile? She merely lifted the corner of her lips then looked away.


AUTHOR'S NOTE;
Wooo, interaction!
I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter~