-Chapter 7

The Price of Destiny
 

Chapter 7 ;

 

 

"Go ahead." His mother pulled out the chair beside hers and tapped on the cushion, gesturing for her son to sit down.

 

"Mum, can we buy a teenager?" Luhan asked, mentally slapping and bashing himself up for asking such a question. He did not know how to post the question across to his mother at all.

 

His mother gave him a look which screamed "have-you-just-escaped-from-the-mental-hospital-or-something?!"

 

"I mean, this boy-erm-teenager, I mean, which-"

Luhan stopped mid-sentence, feeling extremely exasperated at himself.

 

"There's this teenager which bumped into me this morning... And he's suffering a lot at home." The dancer tried to explain again.

 

"His dad agreed on a 50-50 share with his buyer. His dad wants to sell him, and the buyer would use him to make money in... not... very nice ways... And his dad abuses him..."

 

His mother stared at him with her face gone blank.

 

"And?" She tried to regain her equanity despite being in a daze.

 

"I want to buy him over. I cannot let him be bought by that... nasty man." Luhan paid extra attention to his choice of words. His mother never tolerated the use of profanities in the house, and Luhan did not want to turn her off when he was requesting for such a thing.

 

"No." Came the fervent reply.

 

"Why? Mum, you said you always wanted another-"

 

"No."

 

Silence took over for a few moments.

 

"It's better not to meddle in other family's business. Does the guy even agree on being family with us? It's more than just keeping him, Luhan. You have to think deeper."

 

"At least I'm sure he's comfortable with me and not his dad or the buyer!" The doe-eyed boy spoke a little too loudly and he stood up from his chair, sending it sliding backwards with a screeching sound.

 

"Mum, then just take it as you're adopting a child..." The dancer calmed down and attempted to change his mother's mind, disappointment and sadness prominent in his eyes.

 

Luhan's mother's gaze softened. She did feel sympathy for the abused teenager. She also knew very well that it was easy to buy the abused teenager because they were loaded with money. But buying him over in such a way is unlawful, and if word gets out that there is another male in the Lu family, Lu Enterprise's reputation will be tarnished.

 

She looked at her son again.

 

"Let me discuss this with your father first."

 

She gave in, because whatever her son wants, she will try her best to give it to him- both her and her husband. The said boy was their one and only son, and they love him more than anything else in the world.

 

She phoned her husband and explained the entire situation to him, ending the conversation in a few minutes with an agreement that they had to see the abused teenager first.

 

Luhan paced up and down the hallway again, trying to do anything possible to get his mind off what was happening in the room between Sehun and his mother.

 

Sehun was vulnerable. What if his mother freaks him out? What if Sehun did not like the idea of Luhan buying him over? What if Sehun did not like Luhan? What if-

 

The door creaked open, and Luhan's mother walked out of the room nodding her head with her lips forming a slight curve.

 

What did that mean?

 

Luhan saw Sehun's small figure sitting on his bed and he forgot all about his mother's gesture.

 

He did make a mental note to find her to ask her about it later in the day though.

 

All that mattered now is Sehun, and Sehun only.

 

"Are you okay?" Luhan walked into his room and heard faint sniffs.

 

As he got closer to the 17-year-old, realisation hit him that the said male was crying. Sobbing, to be precise.

 

The next thing Luhan knew, was that he felt a pair of arms around his neck, his forehead leaning against the taller male's shoulders, and the back of his shirt becoming wet with Sehun's tears.

 


 

A/N;

How was this chapter? ^^ I updated as I promised! :) Thank you to all of you subscribers~ I hope you all are enjoying this story! 

Oh and, please leave comments so I know where I can improve :) I have lots of silent readers ya~ xD

 

 

 

 

 

UPDATED;

Chapter 15--- That Pair of Eyes...