-Chapter 2

The Price of Destiny

 

Chapter 2 ;

 

 

The teenager looked hesitant as he stared intensely at Luhan's hand which was extended to him. An emotion of hurt seemed to appear in his eyes for a long moment before he ended up getting back on his feet on his own. He had no time to spare now-- he had to run. He had to run for his life.

 

No, don't cry. You can't cry. You must stay strong. The younger teenager mentally told himself as he felt salty liquid collect at the corner of his eyes.

 

Luhan stoned in his position, somewhat shocked from the rejection he had just received from the taller guy.

His reverie was rudely interrupted when the other teenager made the slightest of movement.

 

Luhan had to look upwards at a certain angle to look at the taller teenager. At that very moment, he froze in his spot again. The other guy did not look very fine. He looked so fragile, so lost, so... so lifeless...

 

"Are you..." Luhan stuttered as he spoke, because the latter had not uttered a single word at all. He continued, "Hurt...?"

All Luhan got in reply was a lonely tear rolling down the blondie's cheeks.

Luhan stepped back a little, afraid that he had hurt the crying guy. A sudden feeling of guilt hit him for not having watched his way while walking earlier on.

 

The latter kept mum and started walking away.

 

He unsuccessfully attempted to use his fringe to cover both his eyes, which were now filled with salty water that kept sliding down his cheeks.

He used his hand to wipe away the wet trail left on his face.

This is too real to be true... 
Never in his life would he have thought he would shed tears. He kept everything in for too long. He had stayed strong for too long. He wonders what is the purpose for his existence in this world.

It's okay to cry... He comforts himself as he felt yet another tear escape from the corner of his left eye.

 

Luhan's feet acted on its own and started following the stranger.

Before he knew it, Luhan had caught up with the latter, and had already gently tapped his shoulder.

 

The taller teenager came to a sudden stop and forcefully pushed Luhan away, elbowing him in the process. The sobbing teenager apologized to Luhan mentally. He lost his voice to speak all of a sudden. He felt so small, so useless. Not that such feelings were new to him though.

Luhan ignored the momentary pain from the violent treatment, "Can't you hear that I've asked you something?" He asked, annoyed, before continuing, "Are you okay? Are you hurt? What happened to you? And, what's your name?"

The teenager's hands hung hopelessly by his sides, and he cried harder, lowering his head because he had never cried in front of a stranger before.

 

Luhan felt pang in heart. He knew very well that the crying guy was not in the best state to talk, yet he spoke in such a tone. Luhan, are you stupid? Why did you speak in such an irritated tone?!

 

He dug into his bag and pulled out a packet of tissue, offering it to the ulzzang-like guy, only to experience a rejection for the second time consecutively.

 

He awkwardly kept the packet of tissue back into his bag and instinctively walked closer to him, putting a hand over his shoulder and gently tapping it repeatedly as if to give the younger of the two a sense of assurance. What kind of assurance, he did not know. All he knew, despite them being strangers, was that this fragile guy here needed a pillar to lean on.

 

He could not possibly leave a crying, vulnerable looking ulzzang who said that he had to run away in the alley alone.

 

What if he was in some sort of danger? No, Luhan knew nothing about fighting against bad people... But he simply did not have the heart to leave the crying guy alone on the alley.

 

"Thehun..." The black haired teenager spoke for the first time after his salty river stopped flowing.

"Erm... Can you repeat that again?"

"The... The..." The latter tried his best to pronounce his name, "The..." He tried for the fourth time, "Sehun..."

"Oh." Luhan held himself back from chuckling at the younger's lisp. He has a cute lisp, he thought as he pronounced the latter's name in his head.

"Not hurt." He said.

"Good." Luhan replied.

"But not okay."

Luhan stared at the pretty boy in front of him and pondered for a little while before asking why.

"I need to go. You're getting in my way. They are after me."

 

He realised how Sehun speaks in short sentences, getting straight to the point as though he detested talking to Luhan. Perhaps Luhan was just thinking too much. Perhaps Sehun spoke in such short sentences because he cried, and had not regulated his breathing. He also noticed Sehun's habit of his lips everytime he finished a sentence.

 

"Who?" Luhan had not meant to sound like a busybody who loves poking his head into others' business. This pretty boy he was talking to just looked as if he would collapse at any moment. He felt this bugging urge to at least make sure the latter is safe and sound. He felt protective of this frail looking teenager.

 

"Why do you care?"

 

"I want to help." Luhan blurted out, trying to keep a straight face shortly after, because he felt like slapping himself a thousand times and making a hundred different rage faces at his own reflection in a mirror. Did he even have any idea what he was saying?!

 

The latter looked up at Luhan, and stared into his eyes. He did not know whether to trust this stranger or not...

 

This stranger looks kind... But again, don't judge a book by it's cover...

 

People...

 

People just can't be trusted.

 

Life had taught 17-year-old Oh Sehun that.

 

 


 

A/N;

I know that I promised to update on Tuesday, but my handphone was confiscated... And the chapters are all inside the notes in my phone ;~; I'm really so sorry! I hope you're enjoying the story up till now! ^^