Two: A Lovely Duet

Can i Love?

 

The next afternoon you woke up. You yawned and found out Chunji already went downstairs. You walked downstairs like a zombie. "Want coffee?" Chunji asked you. You nodded. He poured a cup for you. The bell rang. "Ah.. I will open the door.." You said sleepy as you walked towards the door. "Ah! Jina! Don't!!!" Chunji yelled. "Why not?" You asked while opening the door. You looked right into the eyes of the Manager. Your eyes widened. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" You shook. "Ah, Hahaha, Chunji invited us over to discus the Duet!" He smiled, "Sunggyu will be here soon too." You turned around looking like a monster. "Chunji.. Where.. Is my mobile.." You said mad. "Ah.. eh… H-here it is!" He gulped. You walked to the mobile and looked at the text messages. "Goodmorning! \(^ 0 ^)/ I'm Chunji, Jina's Manager! I heard you wanted to make a duet with her, If you wanna discus the details please come over." Right after that your address was written. "Don't kill him, ahJina.. He meant it good, He is your manager after all." The manager said. "He's not, He's just my best friend! I'm gonna put on some clothes.. be right back…" You said as you walked upstairs, Already regretting you said yes. You changed your clothes and brushed your hair. As you finished you walked downstairs. You saw Sunggyu already arrived. He was having a small discussion with the manager. "Why should i?" Sunggyu said slightly irritated. "it looks better! You should not show up like this!" He said mad. "Not like what?" You asked. "The manager said i should put on BB cream and concealers even when i'm on this kind of appointments!" Sunggyu explained. "Why should he?" You asked the manager. "Everywhere he goes there might be paparazzi! It's not safe for his imago." You looked at Sunggyu and inspected his face. "Well this face is almost baby like, so soft and smooth.. Do you really think that will ruin his imago? Beside that.. isn't this who he really is?" You looked at the manager. The manager looked at you. "You have to wear make up too, if you're becoming an artist. Everyday.." You looked at him. "I'll see that myself!" The manager and Chunji were sitting next to each other. You sat down next to Sunggyu. "So.. Let's talk about the song.. I've made someone buy the copyright, so we can cover it." Sunggyu's manager said. "What can we call you by the way?" Chunji asked the manager. "Ah. Call me Hyoan." He smiled. Chunji smiled back. You looked at some papers which were spread in front of you. "Wait.. what does this means?" You pointed at one of the agreements. "Ah.. That means that you can't back out at the last moment, You have to finish the performances given to you, regarding this promotion." Sunggyu explained as he looked with you over your shoulder. "aah.. i see.." You said as you continued reading. After a few minutes you took a pen and drew your hand sign on the paper. Hyoan smiled, "We're business partners right now. Starting from tomorrow you and Sunggyu will practice the song and the two of you will learn a choreography for it. Ofcourse you will sleep in our building for the period of the promotions.. " Chunji looked at you and smiled. You looked at him and turned your head to Sunggyu, He suddenly moved and sticked his hand out. You slowly took it. "Let's work hard together, Okay?" He smiled. You softly smiled back and nodded. And so the deal was set.

 

The next day they picked you up quiet early. You already had your bags ready. You hugged Chunji, "See you soon!" He nodded as he smiled, "I'll visit you regularly!" You nodded as you entered the car. Sunggyu was also sitting inside. "Hey there~" He said smiling. "Hiiya~" You said back. "Are you ready? it's gonna be a tough day." He smiled. You nodded. The two of you went to the studio and started shooting the promotion material. First of all your make up and hair got done. Not long after The teaser pictures were taken. There was one shot where you and Sunggyu had to come very very close. Your cheeks colored slightly pink as you felt his breath on your cheek. He noticed and softly smiled. "Put your lips more closer together.." The camera man asked. The two of you did so and stopped right before you kissed each other. "Tilt your head slightly to make it look like the two of you really kissed." The cameraman said once again. Sunggyu smiled, "We don't have to fake it." He kissed you. You kinda shook but tried to keep it as professional as possible. You closed your eyes. "Perfect!" The camera man said delightful. Sunggyu pulled away and smiled at you as he walked away to get some water. You tried to shake it off. "Jina, Let's shoot your solo pictures now.." The camera man said. You nodded and did as he said. Sunggyu watched. Right after you it was Sunggyu's turn. You drunk some water and looked at him.. Woa.. He was really good at it. You looked at him admiring. He noticed but kept concentrating. After a while you had to film the trailer. Hyoan started explaining the script. The two of you had to walk towards each other, kinda daring. Then get together and almost kissing. Then a small part of the song would play, that would be edited later. "Is that gonna work?" He asked. Sunggyu looked at you. You slowly nodded. Sunggyu stood up "We have to go to the Sakura field right?" He asked . The manager nodded. You looked confused. "Just follow Sunggyu." The manager smiled. You walked toward Sunggyu. He leaded you outside. He noticed you keeping a bit distance. "Are you shy?" He suddenly asked. You stopped walking as he said that. He smiled, "Don't worry, It was just a kiss, right?" He looked at your expression. You looked down and nodded. "Let's film this.. It's the last thing on the schedule for today so we might get some good food after this." He smiled as he reached his hand out for you. You took it and smiled as the two of you walked towards the set. The two of you shoot the trailer. "Good work for today! You can go do whatever you want now.." The cameraman said. Sunggyu immediately took your hand and starting running. You were pulled along. 

 

After a while Sunggyu finally slowed down. "Here it is!" He said smiling. You looked up, Panting, Seeing a Noodle store. "I'll pay!" He smiled at you, "See this… as a date!" You looked at him. He fixed your hair and  slowly pulled you with him. The two of you went inside. It smelled delicious. You sat down on a table, There were a few other people. The two of you ordered noodles. You heard a few people behind you whisper: "isn't that Sunggyu-Oppa from Infinite? But who's that girl?" Sunggyu heard it too, "Say, Jina, Come and sit next to me!" He smiled. "W-what?" You asked a bit shy. "Just come here already!" He laughed. You slowly got up and sat down next to him. "Do your aegyo." He smiled. You did as he said as he made a photo from the two of you. "Eating with my good friend.." He updated his twitter with the picture. The waitress brought the noodle soup. The two of you started to eat soundless. "Hmm! it's really good right?" Sunggyu asked you. You nodded happily. He looked at you and laughed. His hand reached out for your face. You looked at him, as he scooped a small piece of noodle from your cheek. He smiled at you, "Cutie!" He said sweet. You just smiled at him. Jealous fans were making pictures of you and him. "Let's go home!" Sunggyu said smiling, "It's getting late already.." He stood up, So did you. The two of walked home. Halfway he noticed the two of you were being followed by fans. You didn't notice because you never had that problem. He suddenly hugged you. You kinda shook of his sudden action. The fans were taking pictures of the two of you. He suddenly whispered, "We're being followed.. Let's run." You looked at him and softly nodded. The two of you started running. Sunggyu leaded you the way. You just followed him. After a while the two of you entered the Woollim building. 

 

The two of you went to the practice room. "Wait.. where do we exactly sleep?" You asked wondering. He opened a concealed door. "Here is your sleeping room and the kitchen, On the other side is my sleeping room with the bathroom." He pointed at the door on the other side. You slowly entered the door and looked around. You were now standing in the kitchen and to your right is a door leading to your room. You stepped into your room, finding your bags already standing there. Your bed was quite big. "I'll be unpacking my bags, We'll be buying food tomorrow because we do need to buy our own food." He smiled and left. You nodded as he left. You started unpacking your stuff. After you unpacked everything you walked to his room and knocked on the door. "Get in~" He said friendly. You entered his room. "I think i'm gonna sleep soon.." You said to him. Sunggyu just putted his case suits under his bed. "Ah, That's okay." He smiled as he stood up. He walked towards you. He hugged you. "See you tomorrow." He smiled. You nodded and smiled too. You went to your room lied down on your bed and looked out the small window. The sky was getting darker. There was a storm coming up. You looked down. "What to do now?.." You asked. 

 

Sunggyu was lying on his bed reading a book when he suddenly heard something ticking on the window. He looked at it. "… A thunderstorm.." He said to himself as he recalled what Chunji told him the day before. 

"She's taking a shower right now, However.. There are a few things you have to know about her. one of it is that She hates spiders, You have to wash her clothes with special Sakura scented soap, She prefers the Hello Kitty one. It smells the strongest to Sakura.." Chunji showed the package and gave it to Sunggyu, "And last but not least.. She hates Storms, She's afraid of it, If a storms coming up, the best thing to do is to just hug her. She might feel more comfortable that way and automatically fall asleep. However, You cannot leave her because she might wake up in the middle of the night, and she can't sleep if the storm's still going on."  

Sunggyu stood up and walked towards your room. You were sitting on your bed with your eyes closed and your hands on your ears. He sat down next to you, "Good thing your friend told me about this.." He said softly as he putted his arm around your neck. You looked at him with tears in your eyes. He smiled, "Don't worry.. I'm here.." "i.. I'm sorry.." You apologized. "Sorry for what? For having fears? We all have fears.." Sunggyu looked at you. You looked back at him. "Neh.. what do you wanna do?" Sunggyu asked. You looked at him. "I.. I'm just tired.." You said softly. "Then.. Let's lie down.." He lied down, holding his arm around your neck so you lied against him. He hugged you. "Let's go sleep.. i won't leave you." He smiled. You looked at him and nodded, "Thank you.. Sunggyu.." You smiled. You closed your eyes and lied down. You eventually fell asleep.