A Night of Wonder

I'd Do Anything to Get Closer

She watched him put on a paper hat and run into a stand, smiling like a child.

"Hello miss, what would you like to eat?"

She gave him a look, still upset. "You're so childish."

He suddenly became quiet, and looked down at his shoes.

"I've never really had much of a childhood."

He never went out to play with the other children when he was younger, leaving him to be the introvert he was today. He didn't enjoy parties, and had few friends. Even now, the only people close to him were his bandmates, and this beautiful girl that he was lucky to have met. His brother, on the other hand, was ambitious, outgoing, and charming. He loved his hyung, but he also envied him as well. Youngmin was the favorite out of the two, but of course, it had to do with their hair color as well... Or at least, that's what he told himself.

"Yah, are you listening? Hello?"

"Oh sorry, I just spaced out."

"It's okay. I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

He flicked her nose lightly.

"No need to say sorry. Just order something, and everything will be fine!"

She giggled. He was pretty cute... However, she wondered what it would be like if she were with him instead. There was something that she saw in him that she didn't see in Kwangmin. It was why he was her bias, and still was. She only wanted to meet him. She didn't think that she'd have to be so involved, but if it was needed to be done in order to get closer, she had to do it. Even if it meant breaking a heart. It was harsh, but she hadn't truly been happy for a long time now. She thought she deserved something after all these years. Sami had never experienced true love. To be honest, she didn't even think it existed anymore.

"Fine, cotton candy then..."

"I'm sorry, we don't have that."

"Bwoh?! A carnival with no cotton candy? Do you want to go out of business?"

"Calm down, I was just kidding, yeobo. No need to be so angry..."

"What did you just call me?"

He began to blush. It just came out. He had been deciding on when the right time was to call her by something sweet. Kwangmin hoped that it wouldn't ruin the moment. He didn't want it to be awkward for the rest of the night.

"Uh... Y-Yeobo?" He stuttered a bit. 

She paused. How would she answer this? She didn't think he'd really fall in love with her. Aish, this made everything more complicated. Yes, he was sweet and all, but... Was this what she wanted? There were other possibilities, other guys... There was him. It was their first date. Why was he going so fast? What made her think about going with this plan anyway? Was she that desparate?

"... Aish, I knew this would have been awkward... I'm sorry. I just... My brain is not working right today. Pretend I never said that?"

She stopped thinking to herself. Was he saying something?

She shook her head to wake herself up. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Um... Forget what I just called you... I'm not thinking straight today..."

"Oh, no it's okay."

He brightened up. Did this mean he could call her yeobo? Or was she just trying to be polite? Then again, this was just their first date. Taking it slow was no problem for him. It meant more time spent with her, and things could get more romantic over time, and... If he waited, when they finally kissed, it'd be amazing. He really wanted to kiss her now though, with the lights setting the moo-

"Yah, you're not listening again."

"Sorry... I just... There's a lot on my mind."

"I can see that... But I've been waiting ten minutes for my cotton candy, sir. May I speak to your manager?"

He grinned, happy to see that things were warming up again, and she was playing along.

"No, my manager is non-existent. However, I can give you your cotton candy now!"

"Don't I get a free one? Customer satisfaction is most important, you know."

"Sure, a free one for your boyfriend!" He tried to wink.

"What are you talking about? I don't have a boyfriend." She smiled.

He stopped the machine. "That's really mean, you know."

Her smile disappeared quickly. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to..."

He burst out laughing. "Ha ha! You fell for it!"

"You're just like a little boy, you know!"

"That's good! I'll never get old!"

"Sure, sure. Now where's my cotton candy? You've turned ten minutes into fifteen."

"Oh yeah! Sorry..."

He flicked the switch on the machine and started making the cotton candy. It took him a while, but he eventually made two sticks successfully. He skipped out of the stand, pieces of pink fluff all over his hair. He beamed at her and stuck one stick of cotton candy out to her.

"Here you go! That'll be a hug or a kiss."

"... I thought this was free?"

"They are free! Hugs and kisses are priceless."

"Nope. I think I won't have one then."

"No, wait! I just remembered. They're free. Sorry, miss!"

"That's better."

He giggled. "You're so cheap."

The two laughed and talked for hours, until Kwangmin remembered his plan.

"Wait! I almost forgot. Come with me?"

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see. Close your eyes again, please?"

He quickly led her towards the ferris wheel. He had a great time just talking to her, that he hadn't realized that four hours had passed. Hyung was going to be mad... It wouldn't matter though, because hyung had always wanted him to be happy, hadn't he? One night of standing wouldn't make him too angry... Until he saw him huddling on the ground, hugging his knees and rocking back and forth. As they approached, he got up quickly and started yelling.

"Yah! You pabo, don't you know how long I've been waiting here for you two lovebirds to come? I said to have fun, but I didn't say to let me freeze to death. A cat almost attacked me! I was scared, I was hungry... Do you love your hyung at all?"

"Sorry hyung..." Kwangmin apologized as he lowered his hands from Sami's eyes.

Sami looked to see a huge ferris wheel, colorful lights flashing, and a blond-haired boy with the same face as Kwangmin, but angry. She waved to him, and he smiled at her for a second, but returned to glaring at his twin immediately.

"Hyung... Can you start the ferris wheel?"

"Only if you say sorry, Kwangmin."

"I just did..."

"Well maybe my ears were so frozen that I couldn't hear you."

The younger boy sighed. His hyung was always like this. Older by a little, and demanding from Kwangmin as if he were younger by twenty years.

"I'm sorry again, hyung."

"Much better. Now you two lovely people can make your way into the car."

He rolled his eyes and brought Sami in. What he didn't notice however, was how Sami kept looking off to the side...

Youngmin was jealous of his brother for the first time in his life. He had a girlfriend, who was pretty hot. Youngmin had never met a girl that he actually thought could match him in looks. He couldn't just take her though... His brother was happy with her. She looked happy with him. He'd feel guilty. He pulled the lever to start the ferris wheel and watched as they rose towards the sky. He wished that he could find a girl that he could go overboard planning dates for. He wished he could go on a carnival date with someone... Special.

~

Well hello there, loves. I finally got a chance to update! Woo! Partay! o(^^)o
It's Thanksgiving break... And I finished my homework extra early so I could update for you all! Gosh. High school has put a lot of pressure on me. I really hope that I can update soon... I've lost a few subscribers. *sadface* I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!! And... This is the completed version of the chapter I accidentally posted before.. Sorry, hehe... ^3^

Love, Sara