Chapter 1

Life à la Mode
A/N: I'm not sure if I'm happy with how this chapter turned out but whatever. Personally, I think this is nothing more than 4K+ words of absolute rubbish. -_- And I apologize if it took me quite a while to get this out because life but I hope you guys enjoy this, anyway. More notes at the end of the chapter and make sure to read them cuz I'll be explaining a couple of things in there.
 
`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*
 
5 months ago…
 
 
Chanyeol stood with his back against one of the Roman Corinthian marble columns by the lit fireplace at the far end of the sumptuously elegant room; a half-filled flute of Armand de Brignac Brut Gold in hand that he occasionally took small sips from so as not to waste the insanely expensive champagne, despite the fact that he really wasn’t one for alcoholic beverages. Even so, Chanyeol had to admit that the cuvée was among the best ones he’d ever tasted, if not the best – a testament to Kim Jaejoong’s predilection towards everything exquisite; from his choice of husband to the palatial Louis XIV style residence he lived in with said husband, which happened to occupy the top three, from the 31st to the 33rd, floors of the Visual Shock building. It was also where the party was currently being held. Talk about convenience.
 
When he had arrived together with Luhan and Sehun almost two hours ago, the party was already in full swing – the waiters roaming around expertly balancing trays of hors d’oeuvres, and the string quartet playing timeless classical melodies. It was a private, formal soirée with a very limited guest list comprised only of the birthday celebrator’s closest friends and family. The three of them were invited as a special privilege for being the top models in their company. That, and also because Kim Jaejoong was like a mother figure to all of them, especially to Chanyeol, whose only ‘family’ was his Aunt Miyoung, a Korean immigrant who had found him abandoned outside of her apartment building in an elaborate moses basket the day after New York was struck by a violent snowstorm (said that he was wearing a thick onesie made of pure fleece, and wrapped snugly in two layers of baby blankets filled with Eiderdown to keep him extra warm), with a note asking her to ‘Please take care of little Chanyeol’ or something along those lines. Yes, Chanyeol was adopted. But that would be a story for another time.
 
Chanyeol absently took another sip as he let his eyes scan the room, stopping in the middle where a heavily pregnant Shim Changmin was cordially chatting with an equally pregnant Victoria Song on an excessively luxurious golden divan (the frame was made of actual 24K gold, as were the majority of the furniture that opulently decorated the 31st floor).
 
A smile crept onto his face, seeing the way they were unconsciously rubbing their respective baby bumps lovingly as they conversed with each other. He noted with slight awe how well both carried their pregnancies, Changmin particularly. The 30-year-old former model and current COO of Visual Shock was virtually glowing, and though he was well into his third trimester, still looked as effortlessly elegant and immaculate as ever. Furthermore, there was a subtle, almost imperceptible (unless one paid close attention to it, and Chanyeol was) twinkle in his eyes that definitely wasn’t there before. Chanyeol couldn’t quite put a name on it yet, but he was positive that it had something to do with Changmin’s impending motherhood. It was a lovely, heartwarming sight, indeed.
 
Right beside them stood Changmin’s husband, hotel and casino mogul Daniel Henney, who seemed to be quite engaged in his own conversation with Jung Yunho, and Victoria’s husband Cho Kyuhyun – a nouveau riche who owned a couple of modern art galleries in Manhattan. However, it didn’t escape Chanyeol’s notice that every so often, Daniel would be stealing quick glances at Changmin, most probably to assure himself that everything was fine with the mother of his unborn child. It was sweet in its own way, Chanyeol thought, which was funny since ‘sweet’ was probably the last word anyone would ever think of associating with the intimidating (but ridiculously good-looking) 42-year-old billionaire entrepreneur. Well, Daniel surely didn’t get where he was now by being ‘sweet’. And if Chanyeol knew one thing for certain about Daniel’s wife, the man who had kidnapped recruited him a year ago, it was that Shim Changmin wasn’t the type to be so easily impressed by anything ‘sweet’.
 
The COO was a hardass mofo’ and a snarky extraordinaire (Luhan’s words), whose past lovers you could only count with one hand. The man was that picky, and had standards about as high as the Burj Khalifa, so it was really no surprise to anyone that he had ended up marrying a man of Daniel’s caliber, who wasn’t only jaw-droppingly gorgeous, but also had the money, the brains, and the authority to keep Changmin in line. They were a good match. Chanyeol could even recall Luhan once stating that he would pay to witness a live debate/argument between the couple (both were Harvard graduates), complete with a giant soda and bucketful of popcorn, and Chanyeol had agreed, saying that it would definitely be far more entertaining than all the dumb reality shows on TV these days. Sehun, as per usual, had simply judged them hard. 
 
Kim Junsu, Broadway star and darling younger brother of Jaejoong, was also in attendance, and so was Junsu’s (greasy, Sehun had said once when the Park couple was randomly brought up during one of their regular over-a-cup-of-coffee gossip sessions) husband, Micky Park Yoochun – world class musician, composer, and CEO of Rising Sun Records. The couple was sitting by the indoor fountain at the other end of the Jungs' vast living room, seemingly caught in their own world. Yoochun had just whispered something into Junsu’s ear, something apparently hilarious because the 31-year-old singer/theater actor had erupted into uncontrollable laughter, and Chanyeol swore he could hear the distinctive eukyangkyangkyang* from where he was standing. They gave Chanyeol the impression that they hardly ever fought or disagreed with each other (unlike Daniel and Changmin who seemed to have regular intellectual clashes in their household) because, every time he saw them, they looked like teenagers who were falling in love for the first time, even if they had been married for over 7 years and had been together for nearly a decade (a little-known fact he had gathered from Key aka NYC's Ultimate Insider and First Class Gossip) and already had two children. The latter everybody knew of.
 
And speaking of children…
 
Their adorable 4-year-old son, Inhwan (nicknamed Apple* by his mom), and his handsome three years older brother, Chanhee (Little Grease, as Sehun had dubbed the boy for always pulling cheesy pickup lines on him), were both monopolizing the magnetically levitating ‘Cloud Sofa’, eating some of the ice cream cake that Jaejoong had made specifically for his beloved nephews. Chanyeol had to contain the urge to squeal when little Inhwan offered his older brother a forkful of his own cake, a toothy grin on his cute munchkin face. The little boy resembled his mother far too much, both in looks and temperament. Inhwan was almost literally the toddler-fied version of Junsu, but whether or not the kid had also inherited the singer’s angelic voice remains to be seen. The 7-year-old Chanhee, on the other hand, was a Park through and through, and by the looks of it, would also grow up to be quite the playboy like Yoochun reportedly was prior to meeting the love of his life. Sehun could attest to that, as Chanhee seemed to have developed a little schoolboy crush on the 19-year-old model, much to Sehun’s chagrin. The young boy had even gone so far as to declare, after blowing the candles on his cake during his 7th birthday party at the Park mansion in ia which they were also invited to (by Chanhee’s insistence), in front of all the guests present that he would take no one but Sehun as his bride. Chanyeol had never seen Sehun so absolutely mortified, and neither had he and Luhan ever laughed so hard in their lives.
 
With one last smile at the two Park children, Chanyeol finally moved his gaze to another part of the penthouse’s spacious living area just in time to see Luhan pluck what was possibly his 8th glass of champagne from a wandering waiter. His smile was immediately replaced by a disapproving frown.
 
Everybody who was anybody in New York knew that the Chinese-German* supermodel had a tendency to drink himself silly sometimes (he insisted that he was only celebrating his youth because YOLO, but Sehun argued that it was borderline alcoholism and he should seek help while it wasn’t yet too late), but he usually saved getting royally smashed for bars and clubs, not in a high-class gathering like the one they were in, and especially not in their CEO’s sacred abode. Chanyeol tried to figure out what might’ve triggered his best friend’s sudden drinking binge, but couldn’t think of a reason that could cause Luhan to be depressed enough to drown himself in alcohol. He looked around for Taecyeon-
 
Oh.
 
Of course.
 
Taecyeon left for LA two nights ago.
 
Chanyeol was just thinking of approaching the obviously tipsy Luhan to take away the liquor from him (the job normally fell on Sehun’s shoulders when Luhan’s rapper boyfriend wasn’t around, but the youngest had excused himself from the party earlier that evening, saying that he had a 3AM wake up call the next day to catch a flight to Paris for a photoshoot with French Vogue) when he felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. He quickly turned his head and was greeted by none other than the ever-gorgeous Kim Jaejoong, looking red carpet-ready in a metallic black and navy blue suit that was no doubt custom made to specifically fit him, especially his unbelievably small waist that was being further accentuated by the high-rise skinny trousers. The inner shirt was made from a sheer material, with two pockets designed to cover the chest area, since the rest of the shirt was practically see-through. It was an entirely different outfit from the one he was rocking not too long ago, which was a full-length, figure-hugging, outrageously rhinestone-d jumpsuit from Alexander McQueen. Chanyeol was surprised that Yunho would allow his wife to wear such revealing clothing, but then again, it was impossible to say no to the Kim Jaejoong. And it was Jaejoong’s birthday, anyway, so perhaps Yunho simply decided to indulge the beautiful man.
 
Eomma~,” Chanyeol said in greeting before he formed exaggerated duck lips and leaned forward to place a noisy smooch on Jaejoong’s cheek as he always did. The CEO himself insisted to be called such, saying that he saw all his models as his children as he didn’t have any of his own*. Jaejoong doted on his nephews for that same reason.
 
“Why are you standing alone in here, my darling? Where’s Xiao Lu?” The vivacious CEO asked, looking around in search of the missing Luhan. When he finally spotted who was supposedly one of his top models drunkenly swaying to the music, he tutted, shaking his head. “Does he really get like that when Taecyeon isn’t around?”
 
Chanyeol chuckled as he followed Jaejoong’s gaze. “More or less. He’s starting to exhibit withdrawal symptoms,” he answered, watching with interest as Luhan went up to the slightly raised platform where the string quartet were performing, and continued his awkward swaying right in front of them. Henry, the violinist, was trying his best to ignore the pathetically amusing sight, although Chanyeol could tell that the man wanted to laugh.
 
“Oh, the poor thing. Do you know how long Taecyeon’s gonna be in LA for?”
 
Chanyeol pursed his lips in thought, causing the prominent dimple on his left cheek to appear. “Two weeks, I think.” He could recall Luhan incessantly about it the other day in between outfit changes during Victoria Beckham’s Fall/Winter 2013 runway show. An annoyed-out-of-his-wits Sehun had resorted to slapping him just to shut him up. It worked like magic, and Luhan had kept his mouth firmly shut for the remainder of the show. Sehun’s slaps stung like a , Chanyeol knew from experience.
 
Jaejoong nodded but didn’t comment on it, and the two of them fell into a companionable silence.
 
Which was short-lived, because Jaejoong suddenly decided to break said silence. “And you?”
 
 “What about me?” the younger asked, blinking in surprise.
 
The breathtakingly beautiful male perused him for a moment, and Chanyeol had to school his expression into a neutral one in order to hide his growing discomfort at being studied by those glittering doe eyes so closely; reminiscent of that fateful Autumn afternoon when he was first brought into Jaejoong's presence by Changmin. It was like being examined under the microscope, and Chanyeol wondered if that was how microorganisms felt like when scientists put them onto the slide and proceed to stare at them for an indefinite length of time.
 
What came out of the CEO’s mouth next was something that Chanyeol totally didn’t expect. And since it was Jaejoong, he had expected a lot.
 
“You’ve never had a boyfriend, have you?” Except for that.  
 
It rendered Chanyeol speechless, torn between wanting to tell the truth and lying just to make himself seem less like a loser (which he was, because what kind of 21-year-old hadn't even been in a relationship yet?). After all, it wasn’t everyday that Jaejoong decided out of the blue that he wanted to discuss his love life. Or lack, thereof. 
 
Jaejoong sighed. “You don’t have to answer that, mon beau petit fleur. I already know.” The CEO had a knack for inserting random French words or phrases into his speech sometimes, which at first greatly confused Chanyeol because he understood none of it. Luhan and/or Sehun often translated for him back then, but over time Chanyeol had eventually grown accustomed to it and could now pretty much figure out what they meant. 
 
When Chanyeol remained silent and only stared at the bubbles in his champagne like they were the most interesting things on the planet, he continued. “I also know you have a lot of guys pining after you. Why not simply choose from one of them? It’s impossible that none of them is your type.”
 
Type? Chanyeol didn’t even know if he had a type. Sure, all the guys that had shown interest in him so far had been relatively good looking, considering they were either models or celebrities, but Chanyeol hadn’t exactly felt any attraction whatsoever towards any of them. Moreover, he wasn’t even looking, and he highly doubted he would have the time to spare for dating, when not even 24 hours was enough to accomplish everything on his daily schedule. If he were to be honest, he would much rather spend his rare free time catching up on some much needed sleep or paying a visit to his dear Aunt Miyoung in Brooklyn. 
 
He could see that Jaejoong was still looking at him expectantly, but Chanyeol really hadn’t a clue what to answer.
 
Thankfully, he was spared from having to do so when Jaejoong’s tall, devastatingly handsome husband Jung Yunho came up to them, wrapping an arm around the raven-haired beauty’s waist before leaning down to give him a soft peck on the cheek. He then nodded at Chanyeol to acknowledge him, causing the young model to almost jump a foot in the air in fright because he had assumed that the man would be simply ignoring his existence. He was still very much an awkward penguin when in the presence of Jaejoong’s extremely important, powerful husband, despite having known him for a year.
 
Chanyeol tried to return the unexpected gesture with one of his trademark Crest ad-worthy smiles but, in his nervousness, what was meant to be a smile instead became an unattractive and awkward cross between a grin and a grimace. He mentally cursed his facial muscles. It didn’t matter anymore, though, since Yunho’s focus was now solely on Jaejoong.
 
Chanyeol decided to give the power couple some privacy by turning away slightly and going back to sipping on his neglected glass of champagne, tuning them out.
 
Or not. He could still hear them quite clearly, seeing as they were just standing right in front of him, and that made it kind of hard to feign deafness.
 
“What is it, Yunnie? Is anything wrong?” Jaejoong asked; a worried frown etched on his doll-like face. Expect mother hen Jaejoong to assume the worst.
 
Yunho cupped his wife’s face with both hands and used his thumbs to smooth the wrinkle out of Jaejoong’s forehead. “No, nothing is, boo,” the older man reassured in a gentle tone, smiling down at his better half.
 
“Then what is it?”
 
The smile on the 40-year-old man’s strapping face morphed into a smirk. “Security says that a Bugatti Wei Long just entered the building’s underground parking. Do you know what that means?”
 
Chanyeol raised a mildly intrigued eyebrow at the same time that Jaejoong’s face brightened up. As far he knew, only one such car was ever produced, and it was made specifically for the person who owned it. Did that mean that whoever that person was would also be at the party?
 
His silent question was answered when Jaejoong said to no one in particular, “It seems my guest of honor has finally arrived.”
 
The CEO then turned around to address his young protégé, barely containing his bubbling excitement. “Yeollie, please excuse us for a while. Yunnie and I have to welcome him.”
 
Without waiting for his assent (not that they needed it) the couple went ahead, presumably to wait for this mystery person by the foyer.
 
Luhan chose that exact moment to join his best friend, resting his entire weight against the fireplace, eyes half-lidded and skin lightly tinged red due to the amount of alcohol he had so carelessly and indulgently consumed.
 
“Where are they going? Do you know?” the amber eyed pixie asked, a slight slur in his words.
 
Instead of responding, Chanyeol grabbed the still full glass of champagne from the other’s hand and quickly returned it to a waiter that happened to be conveniently passing by, ignoring Luhan’s whiny protests.
 
“You’ve had more than enough,” he chastised, eyes challenging Luhan to say otherwise and deny his intoxicated state.
 
The older model’s face scrunched up, and for a second it looked like he was about to cry, before Luhan burst into an obnoxious guffaw for absolutely no reason at all and drew the attention of some of the guests nearest to them.
 
If people could die of secondhand embarrassment, Chanyeol would already be lying dead on the floor. Chanyeol was very much tempted to walk away and pretend he didn't know the other, but since he was a good friend, he stood there in shame and waited. 
 
Luhan’s alcohol-induced laughing fit went on for approximately fifteen seconds, loud and uninhibited and embarrassing, and Chanyeol couldn’t be more grateful that it was a private party because otherwise, the paparazzi would surely go nuts snapping shot after shot of this moment because money, and Luhan would attempt suicide out of extreme mortification the next morning when his drunken photos become tabloid headliners, and Sehun would just stand there and watch whilst judging him hard.
 
Yeah, that was totally how it would go down. Chanyeol thanked the heavens that he wasn’t a natural born alcoholic like Luhan, because he really didn’t want to know the kind of drunk he would be. Chanyeol already possessed the extraordinary particularity of being drunk when he was sober. Or so Sehun had said one day, with regards to Chanyeol’s 24/7 happy-go-lucky, bouncing-all-over-the-place-like-a-retard personality. In Chanyeol's defense, he was naturally a happy child, and being cheerful and smiley was how he dealt with stress. Positivity. 
 
“I’m actually not that drunk,” said Luhan all of a sudden, voice sounding suspiciously steady and normal. 
 
Chanyeol gave the older yet shorter model a skeptical look, eyes narrowed. “But you are drunk.” He knew better than to believe the little . Luhan was an excellent actor, especially when he was drunk. It was Oscar-worthy.  
 
“A bit, yes.” Luhan nodded solemnly, eyes closed and lips pursed, and he was so convincing that Chanyeol was almost fooled. Almost.
 
“So your impromptu performance with the string quartet? Was that done deliberately?”
 
“Exactly.”
 
“And your embarrassing laughing fit?”
 
“It was a random urge.”
 
“Of course.” Chanyeol decided to play along, just to humor the other. He decided to use the little test Sehun had so cleverly invented as a way of determining the severity of Luhan’s intoxication.
 
“What city do you live in?”
 
“Gotham.”
 
“And what’s your name?”
 
“Bond. James Bond.”
 
“What sport does David Beckham play?”
 
“Table tennis.”
 
“How about Lebron James?”
 
“Figure skating.”
 
The diagnosis: Luhan was absolutely, utterly, thoroughly ed up. But it never ceased to amaze Chanyeol how the other could do it with a straight face, as though he truly believed he was giving the correct answers. Chanyeol had almost fainted due to lack of oxygen from laughing too much when he first witnessed Sehun use this technique on Luhan all those months ago at a VIP club in Vegas. The cause of his inebriation, quite literally, was Taecyeon, because that was how they met.
 
If Chanyeol’s memory served him right, pretty little Luhan had captured tall, ruggedly handsome Taecyeon’s interest when the former plopped onto the bar stool right next to the rapper’s and ordered a glass of bourbon on the rocks. Taecyeon, of course, wasn’t expecting the delicate looking model to order such a strong drink and voiced it out; causing an offended Luhan to claim that he was perfectly capable of out-drinking him. And so Taecyeon, ego and all, naturally took him up on that challenge and proposed a drinking game between the two of them. Chanyeol and Sehun were watching with Taemin, Key, Nana, Sulli, and Shannon (who were fellow models and friends of theirs) from the sidelines, cheering Luhan on. By the end of it, both were pretty much plastered, but Luhan had won because of his outstanding acting skills. Taecyeon, with his slightly bruised ego, had to be assisted by two of his friends out of the club, but not before asking for Luhan’s number, which the doe-eyed model readily provided. The rest, as they say, was history.
 
And now they were here, and Luhan, once again, was drunk because of Taecyeon, although this time his motivation behind it was something Chanyeol didn’t entirely agree with.
 
“So you totally didn’t answer my question, and that’s unfair since I answered all of yours,” Luhan stated accusingly, still near-perfectly nailing the faux sober act. That was an exceptionally special talent, if Luhan had any aside from looking pretty (which totally didn’t count but Luhan liked to think it was a special talent, anyway, be how difficult it was to always look picture perfect).
 
Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Oh, sorry,” he replied in as sarcastic a tone as he could manage, totally unapologetic, but the other was too buzzed to notice it. “What was your question again?”
 
“I said where are Yunho and Jae headed to? They can’t just leave right in the middle of the party. They’re not about to shag, are they?” Luhan’s eyes widened to their full extent, scandalized.
 
Chanyeol snorted. “No, silly. I heard Yunho mention something about someone arriving in a Bugatti Wei Long and –”
 
“Wait, wait, wait. Hold up. Arriving in a what? Did you just say a Bugatti Wei Long?”
 
Chanyeol blinked, perplexed. “Yyyeeeaaah,” he said slowly. “Why?”
 
Why?” Luhan parroted, sounding genuinely sober this time, as if the knowledge that someone who owned the ultra exclusive Bugatti Wei Long would be at the party had magical alcohol-nullifying effects. It probably had, because Chanyeol himself was beyond amazed that their CEO was acquainted with someone as awesome as that. Someone important and loaded enough to have had a French luxury automobile manufacturer make a car specifically for them. Another billionaire, no doubt.
 
“Chanyeol, are you serious? Do you have even the slightest idea who the owner of that car is?”
 
The younger model shook his head carefully, afraid that Luhan might actually strike him for his ignorance.
 
Luhan, thankfully, wasn’t feeling violent and just stared at him incredulously. It did make him feel like an idiot, though. Chanyeol wondered if that was what the other was actually aiming for.
 
Neither spoke for a moment, the only noise being the constant chatter coming from the other guests in the background, so when it died down all of a sudden, both of them stiffened; Luhan in realization that the mystery person (to Chanyeol, that was) had arrived, and Chanyeol because Luhan looked positively shaken. Not in a terrified way, but more in a holy--is-this-really-happening-what-do-I-do way.
 
Out of sheer curiosity, Chanyeol chanced a glance around and saw a smiling Daniel helping an excited Changmin stand up, and Kyuhyun doing the same with Victoria, who looked just as thrilled as Changmin was. Yoochun and Junsu were both already walking towards the double doors where Yunho and Jaejoong were standing, along with another figure that easily towered over Yunho’s and Daniel’s 6-foot-2 frames.
 
“Kris, my friend! Long time no see!” Yoochun’s gravelly baritone boomed and resonated all over the entire room, followed by Junsu’s much higher, lighter voice exclaiming, “What a great surprise!”
 
The man named Kris stepped out from behind the Jung couple, but before Chanyeol could get a good look at him, Luhan had pulled him away and dragged him along.
 
“Hey, where are we going?”
 
“To touch up, of course.”
 
“What for?”
 
Luhan suddenly halted when they reached the rather deserted hallway which led to the comfort room, facing Chanyeol with a grave expression on his face. 
 
“Listen, Yeollie, and listen well because I’m only gonna say this once. That man right there is Kris Wu Yifan, the one and only son of Wu Jianhao, and the sole heir to his family’s multi-billion dollar empire. They are easily worth more than Yunho, Daniel, and Yoochun combined. Kris has just returned from a year-long stay in his hometown of Vancouver. His father’s health is deteriorating, and, from last I heard, is not getting better. The Wu’s have a tradition of passing down their fortune to the first born, preferably a son, of whoever is the current head of the family, but only does so if said first born is either engaged or married. I don’t know why exactly, but I’m guessing it’s to ensure the future of their company. You know, heirs. So why do you think Kris is back in New York?”
 
Chanyeol, unfortunately, was suffering from information overload and could only shake his head as a no.
 
Luhan rolled in eyes in exasperation, but answered his own question, nonetheless. “He’s here to look for a potential wife.”
 
“Oh.”
 
`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*`*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*
 
A/N: IDON'TKNOWWHATIJUSTWROTEDON'TLOOKATME. Like I said in the previous chapter, this damned story writes itself.  
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ And sleepless authoress is sleepless so my writing leaves much to be desired, and borderline retarded. But I pushed to have this written and posted tonight because I'm going to be busy in the following days due to some stuff that takes precedence over anything else in my life. 
 
Anyways, it was supposed to be much longer that it is, but I decided to stop right there because I got lazy it seemed like a good point to stop and I didn't wanna reveal too much too soon. 
 
As you can see, this was a flashback to five months ago, when Krisyeol first met, although technically I haven't written that part yet. This narrative technique is called In Medias Res, meaning it starts somewhere in the middle of the story, but instead of continuing from there, it will be followed by a series of flashbacks and/or nonlinear narrative to explain how it got there. The latter part of the story, however, will overlap with the prologue because I fully intend to continue where that left off. You'll have to wait, though. Right now, I'll be focusing on how our main couple began in the first place. *wiggles eyebrows* 
 
There's nothing much going on in this chapter (I think) and I just mostly wanted to introduce some of the supporting characters (who you'll be seeing more of in the future), and Chanyeol's relationship with them. This chapter highlights Chanyeol and Jaejoong, particularly. And of course, more CLS BFF-erry. I will slap you in the face if you ask me what CLS stands for. 
 
Also, if it wasn't obvious, I've already officially incorporated mpreg into this, what with Changmin being preggerz and Junsu's little angels (who, by the way, were TVXQ's kiddie counterparts in their Ballons MV. Inhwan is mini Junsu and Chanhee is mini Yoochun). 
 
For those of you who don't know Daniel Henney, he's the y muthaa' who played Agent Zero in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I know, I'm so ing random with my pairings. First TaecLu and now this. (#+_+) 

 

Now to explain the parts where I placed an asterisk* after:

*eukyangkyangkyang - This is how the rest of TVXQ described Junsu's unique laughter xD

*Apple - inspired by an interview where the members asked Junsu to pronounce 'Apple' or something like that. It just stuck with me, and it's kinda cute as a nickname. 

*Chinese-German - remember my last A/N where I said CLS were of mixed parentage? Luhan is part Deutsch in here (because I can), hence the amber eyes. LOL

*Yunjae not having any children - I only incuded this because some of you might jump to the conclusion that Jaejoong is infertile or something. No. Their lack of children will be explained eventually. 

AND. My baby Chanyeollie is adopted. Yes. That's all I'm gonna say for now.

Oh, and I added like, two more inches to Kris' height, because reasons. And Yunho is not 6"2 (I think he's only 6'), but Daniel is. 

So there you have it. Long A/N is long and I'm sorry, but those things had to be mentioned. I hope I didn't stupidly forget anything, but if I did, you can blame it to the lack of sleep. 

Finally, my most heartfelt and sincerest gratitude go out to those of you who commented and subscribed to this literary abomination. I appreciate it, really. But do you guys seriously like this? If so, then you have rather questionable tastes in fanfiction. LOL

Bye for now and see you next chapter. ^^