Chapter 9

Love me more, love me most

Yixing ushered the hyperventilating Kyungsoo into the room, he peered into the hallway checking to see if it was empty before shutting the door and making Kyungsoo sit down. The younger boy had fallen deathly silent after his confession and was shaking his feet anxiously.

Yixing dragged a chair and placed it across Kyungsoo, he sat down slowly before reaching out a hand to place on Kyungsoo's knee halting his spastic movements. Kyungsoo looked at him wide eyes b with tears threatening to spill, Yixing rubbed his thumb along Kyungsoo's knee calmingly.

"Breathe slowly, Kyungsoo-ah. Calm down," he said soothingly. Kyungsoo shoulders began to sag slowly as his breathing evened out.

"Better?" Yixing asked, Kyungsoo nodded slowly.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Yixing immediately regretted his question as Kyungsoo's posture became rigid again, shoulders tensed so tightly that it looked painful.

"Do you want me to get Baekhyun or Jongdae for you?"

Instead of calming down like he expected Kyungsoo's reacted almost violently standing up and backing away from Yixing eyes wide with fear. The younger boy shook his head murmuring harsh no’s repeatedly under his breath.

"Okay okay! Just sit down Kyungsoo," Yixing said slowly trying to coax Kyungsoo into sitting back down. The boy bowed his head and reclaimed the seat in front of Yixing. It was quiet, Kyungsoo started to wring his hands together anxiously.

"I'm sorry," Yixing blinked not sure if he imagined the tiny apology or not. Kyungsoo looked down at his lap, shame colouring his features.

"For acting so hysterical," Kyungsoo explained, he took a deep breath "I don't know what to do..." His eyes began tear up again, "and I can't talk to Baek or Jongdae about it..."

He broke off voice wavering.

"If you need to let it out I'll listen," Yixing offered feeling useless, "I won't tell anyone."

Kyungsoo was silent but Yixing knew merely from watching Kyungsoo that it was hard for the younger boy to ask for help.

"You said you've fallen for someone," Yixing began gently, Kyungsoo was still before his head dipped in a small nod.

"A boy-" Yixing paused when Kyungsoo's hands clutched around his knees, "someone I know?" He continued.

A tear ran down Kyungsoo's cheek but the boy remained silent.

"Are you freaking out because you're in love with a boy?"

To Yixing's surprise Kyungsoo shook his head. Yixing fell silent not knowing how to continue,

“The person I li-love,” Kyungsoo corrected himself,

“Told me he would never love someone as pathetic as me,” his lower lip trembled, he started to sniff dangerously and before Yixing could see him burst into tears he hid his face behind the palms of his hands. Yixing reached out slowly to pat Kyungsoo back drawing the small teen into a hug,

“If this person said such a hurtful thing to you, Kyungsoo, I don’t think he deserves your love.” Yixing felt Kyungsoo nod against his shoulder in agreement, Yixing pulled away to look Kyungsoo in the face.

“Then why do you love him?”

Kyungsoo shrugged helplessly,

“I can’t control it,” he whispered, “I tried, but it gets so confusing sometimes… I don’t know what he wants from me-expects from me,”

Yixing felt a surge of anger spike through him at the thought of someone toying around with Kyungsoo’s feelings.

"Kyungsoo-ah, you don’t owe anything to this person! They can’t control you and they definitely don’t deserve anything from you. Take my advice cut all ties you have with this jerk,”

The look in Kyungsoo’s eyes told Yixing that his advice was easier said than done.

“But that’s the problem Yixing-hyung, he’s not a jerk. At least not all the time… and recently he’s been so thoughtful,”

Understanding dawned on Yixing.

“You think he might like you back?” he asked Kyungsoo who instantly went red all signs of tears gone.

“I’m not sure,” the younger admitted, “ I hope it’s more than just wishful thinking, but I can’t help but feel he’s starting to like me.”

Kyungsoo let out a sigh, shoulders slumped downwards dejectedly.

“And that’s where things get messy, what if I’m just imagining everything and he really does still hate me? What then?” Kyungsoo’s eyes met Yixing’s pleadingly, needing an answer.

“There’s only so much I can say Kyungsoo,” Yixing began, “I don’t even know who you’re talking about,”

Kyungsoo face fell, Yixing smiled slightly. “If this boy is really worth your time Kyungsoo, he’ll make the first move so stop worrying and put a smile on that pretty face of yours.” Kyungsoo couldn’t help the snort that escaped him, Yixing grinned.

“I would have never guessed you were cheesy, hyung.”

“And I would have never guessed you were such a cry baby,” Yixing replied, Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes self-consciously checking for tears.

“You won’t tell, will you?” Yixing shook his head and smiled at Kyungsoo fondly,

“This can be our little secret,”

-

Kris peeked into the kitchen and looked around quickly, he couldn’t stop the pout from materializing on his face,

“Are you hungry, Sir?” a kitchen helper asked spotting the blonde, Kris straightened up and cleared his throat.

“No, where’s Kyungsoo?” It was as if Kris had said a magic word, everyone turned to him simultaneously eyes lighting up.

“Ahhh, our dear Kyungsoo-nim?”

Kris’ prominent brows furrowed at the affection in their voices.

“Yes, my Kyungsoo, where is he?” Kris internally face palmed couldn’t believe he was getting jealous over his kitchen staff.

“He’s not come by the kitchen yet, Sir.” The cook answered, Kris nodded before exiting the kitchen and ascending the stairs.

“Luhan-ge!” the blonde called out as he reached the top of the staircase, it was silent before the door at the end of the hallway slammed open. Luhan leaned against his doorframe throwing a hand across his forehead dramatically.

“Do my ears deceive me?!” he cried out making Kris regret his decision to come upstairs,

“Is the mighty Wu Yifan actually seeking out his magnificent and handsome gege?” Luhan continued, Kris stayed by the staircase. He didn’t have to be next to his brother to hear him.

“What do you need ‘o’ little one?” Kris rolled his eyes, he didn’t need to point out he was the taller of the two plus he needed to ask Luhan something.

“Where’s Kyungsoo?” he asked bluntly, Luhan gave a visible pause.

“Wasn’t he with you?” the elder stated now serious,

“He was, but then he left.”

“Left?”

“Yes, left.” Kris answered slightly annoyed, Luhan lifted his shoulders in a small dainty shrug,

“Not my fiancé not my problem!” He yelled unhelpfully before disappearing into his lair, Kris held back the urge to curse Luhan and went back downstairs.

He grabbed his phone off the counter but paused as he was struck with the sudden realization that he didn’t even have Kyungsoo’s number. He didn’t notice Luhan’s presence until the boy let out a happy exclamation.

“Kyungsoo’s back!” he chirped, looking at the monitor that showed the outer gates. Kris’ eyes darted to it narrowing when he noticed the person Kyungsoo was bidding goodbye to. Luhan turned to Kris with a beaming smile.

“You didn’t have to worry about Kyungsoo at all, he was with Yixing all this time!”

Kris counted to ten at an agonizingly slow pace in his head before nodding at the internally snickering Luhan.

The door opened and Kyungsoo poked his head through.

“Oh, you’re home.”

The two blondes frowned at Kyungsoo's tone not sure who he was directing his sentence to, Kyungsoo stepped in closing the door behind him.

“Where-“

“I’m going to bath!” Kyungsoo shouted startling the two and cutting Kris off, the youngest of the three darted up the staircase.

Luhan turned to Kris,

“Yifan,” he said slowly, confused, “What did you do?”



A//N: Eyyyy Peeps!!! I'm kinda-sorta-maybe back!!!!! I wasn't planning to post anything up yet but I so was upset when I heard about the Baek-Wedding incident that I just started writing non-stop(anger releasing method for me). Let's keep on loving EXO in a way they would be proud of girls and boys!!!