M a y

P i n k T a p e

- - -

"May 1st, 

It was early in the morning when I was awaken by butterfly kisses being planted on my neck. "Jung Soojung, wake up~" you repeated over and over between every kiss. I closed my eyes tighter in pure bliss. My lips in a small smirk. I kept pretending I was asleep because you were just being so cute that I didn't want it to end. 

After another ten minutes of rolling in bed, and your attempts of trying to get me up and dressed, I gave in. Because again, you're just so cute.

"Why are we up so early?" I asked, putting some toothpaste on my toothbrush. You did the same and leaned against the counter,

"I want to take you on a picnic." My eyebrows furrowed at your words.

"Babe, there's all day for that. Why do we have to go so early? I could go for another hour of sleep." I manage to say, toothpaste coming out of the corners on my mouth. You smile, wiping the toothpaste off my lips. 

"It's a special picnic." You simply say, setting your toothbrush back in your cup.

I didn't really question you past that. Because I actually thought you just wanted to have a picnic. I mean, we never had one before; and you had the picnic basket, blanket, everything really prepared. I've never seen you so excited to be simply eating outside. Don't call me a debby downer for not being more excited because really...we're eating on a blanket..outside. 

When we made it to the park you chose the place when no tree hovered over us. The sun was hot, but not too hot and the perfect amount of wind was blowing.  

Just as you opened the basket, we both looked up at the sky. The sun was now covered by clouds, making the sky different shades of grey, and raindrops began to fall. We both grabbed the blanket and covered our heads, running towards a tree. As if that was gonna protect us from the storm. I knew we should've took the car here but you insisted we walked. So now we were stuck in the middle of a storm.

"The weather app didn't say it was gonna rain.." You muttered under your breath. 

"Jongin, we can always do this tomorrow. It's okay." I said to you, but you ignored me."Jongin." I repeated your name, trying to get your attention. Luckily it worked. 

"This can't wait until tomorrow." Your voice was sad, and your gloomy expression broke my heart a little. "I wanted this to be perfect. But I'm not waiting for tomorrow to do this."

"To do wha-" before I could finish my sentence you dropped on one knee. Our blanket flew away and we were soaked in seconds. "Jongin.."

Again, before I could say anything else, you interrupted. "Today, this picnic was to show you that I want to make memories with you and only you. I want more first times with you. I want to wake up to you everyday. You make me feel giddy and like I have these butterflies all the time in my stomach when I'm around you and-It's weird, Krystal. But most importantly, I want you to be mine until whenever the hell we die. So please, marry me." I never expected myself to be the speechless-crying type of girl but I was. You were never good at expressing yourself, and so I knew this was you giving your all.

I was in awe. 

"Of course." I answered, my silence was now gone and all I could do was laugh and smile to the point whre my cheekbones hurt. We basically made out in the rain; hence to how we both got pneumonia the next week. But we were defiantely having a notebook movie moment.

Did I mention your ring choice was perfect? Good job, babe."