M a r c h

P i n k T a p e

- - -

"March 17th,

Today was one of those days I will always remember. It was the day I was going to meet your parents. Your strict, uptight, and high class parents. That's how you put it anyway. It was hard for me to believe considering I wouldn't describe you anything like that. 

As anyone would be, I was nervous. I was only in one committed relationship before you; and parents didn't seem to like me much. Even when I was a young parents didn't want their kids to hang out with me. I was that girl. The girl that was a "bad influence". You know, the one that convinced other kids to do dangerous things. The one that'd help others sneak out late at night.

Yeah, that was me. Jung Soojung, the girl you wanted your kids far away from.

I changed my dress six times until I kept it simple with a black dress. I was surprised I even owned any knee-length dress. Anything that didn't scream 'I just turned 21, let's go clubbing'. Reguardless of how many dresses I tried on, you said I looked beautiful. We all know you only said that because you were scared I'd make us late!

On the way to your parents I kept talking. I talk when I'm nervous, you know that by now. But you kept reassuring me that your parents would love me. Even those words couldn't help control my worries. 

When we arrived your parents were already at the door waiting. The butterflies in my stomach turned into bees. I never felt this way about meeting people. But that was when I knew you were just that much more precious to me. So precious I felt nauseous wanting to impress your parents to make you happy. There was a thing I read before. Something about how you know you're in love when you put someone elses happiness before your own. I guess this is what they were talking about."