F e b r u a r y

P i n k T a p e

 

- - -

"February 14th, 2013

If today were to be last year, I would've hated it.

Valentine's Day was never a personal favorite holiday of mine. Why did you have to show all your love for someone on a specific day? Isn't it only right to express that feeling without it being expected? I don't know. It never made sense to me. But what was great was that you didn't like it either. To be quite honest, I had mixed feelings about it.Despite me not liking Valentine's Day; A part of me still wanted something from you. I know, how hypocritcal of me. I think it had something to do with me never happening to be in a relationship in the month of february. This was my first time I had that special someone to think about. That someone special being you.

We've been dating for around a month and our relationship already felt like a newly wedded couple.The only way I could think of describing it was that we were at our peak. Some call it a honeymoon stage. You treated me like a princess; but kept me in check as well. Whenever I was ing, you'd back. And that's just how our relationship worked. It was refreshing.

But today was the day of love.

And for once, I wanted to show my affection for you. Because you could say I am or was, falling for you. 

That day started off like the regular. I was at your place. I'd wake up to the smell of bacon and burnt pancakes. You always made me the same food everytime because you believed I needed to get in touch with my "inner american". Whatever that mean't. 

Let me take that back. It was a regular day at your place; with a different routine. I wanted to surprise you and make breakfast for once. That required me to get up earlier than usual. Which was the ultimate struggle. But I did it. Because I loved you enough to sacrifice an extra hour of sleep. You're very welcome.

You always underestimated my cooking. Little did you know, making pancakes was my forte.

Before I could call for you to get out of bed; you hugged me from behind. It was a warm feeling. Your bare, lean, yet toned arms wrapped around my waist. I loved it. 'When did you become such a housewife?' You asked me. Your voice was still raspy; which sounded like music to my ears. It was y. You being shirtless with that bed head didn't help either. 

We had a lot. But today was just exceptionally okay for us to do it as many times as we wanted. It was Valentines Day, right? So we did just that. But this time, I considered it making love. 

My pancakes ended up more burnt than yours which didn't help my cooking reputation. You came to the rescue to make me a new batch. The day went on like usual. After breakfast I went for a morning run. But when I came back, I was greeted with a freshly showered and neatly dressed, Jongin. You were smiling cutely holding a bouquet of flowers. Roses.

But they were yellow.

'Most people don't really care to know that red represents death. And yellow represents love.' You explained to a clueless me. I guess my confused facial expression gave it away. We shared a passionate kiss before I took the bouquet into my own hands. 'Check the envelope!' You were never the type to express your feelings through words. Which surprised me that there was even an envelope to open. But I did it.

I laughed at what waited for me inside, which made you smile. It was an adorable scene, honestly. I held up the gold colored key, 'And this is?'

'I want you to move in. You're here basically everyday and I know it's a big step, but-' I cut you off with a more gentle kiss; that lead to, you guessed it. More .

And that was the first time I enjoyed february 14th. The first time I liked valentines day."

- - -