J a n u a r y

P i n k T a p e

I met him through a mutual friend of ours

- - -

"January 2nd, 2013.

It was cold. But what can you expect when you're in the middle of winter? It was the day after new years and the hangover definitely kicked in. All I wanted to do was stay inside and just sleep. But you and I both know Ssul. She wouldn't allow it. I was suppose to meet her at the coffee shop at noon and I did. I waited a good ten minutes until I got a text from her saying she couldn't make it but to wait. She said, 'I have a guy I want you to meet.' I was never the type to like surprises; I was one to despise them. But I didn't like the cold either so I stayed.

I was on my third cup of coffee when a man sat down infront of me. He asked, 'Are you Soojung?' His name was Joomyeon. He was sweet, generous, seemed like he had his life together. But that was just it. He seemed too perfect. And good boys are no fun. The conversations at that coffee table remained boring; nothing worth trying to remember.

I was hyper. Now on my fourth cup of coffee. My eyes roamed the room. Everything Joomyeon said to me went in one ear and out the other. My mind was everywhere and with all this caffeine in me I needed to leave this chair. But no, I remained seated. Right when I was about to try to focus, my eyes caught something. They caught a set of dark chocolate orbs. My eyes caught you.

You gave me this smug smirk. I was intrigued yet disgusted. You knew I was bored. You took little sips out of your mug little by little when you and I both know you could've just gulped. You were teasing me. Mocking me.

After an hour at the cafe, and an hour of you starring; you stood up. I guessed you were about to leave. My guess wasn't necessarily wrong; but not right either. My gaze followed you when suddenly Joomyeon went in front of my face. Blocking my view. He asked, 'Can I have your number?' I only nodded as he handed me his phone. As I was about to press in the first number of 10 the phone disappeared from my hand. I looked up to see you holding it.

You handed it back to him.'Cut the man the bull. She doesn't want your number.' Your words surprised me. But this time, the surprise was in a good way. Joomyeon was just as shocked as I was. His jaw slightly dropped, lips rimmed in an O shape.

'Do you know this guy?!' He was livid. But who could blame him? I would be too if I was in his situation.

I shook my head, 'no.'

But you did the same smug smirk and calmly said, 'I'm her future boyfriend, Kim Jongin.'

And that was our first meeting. That was the first time I liked surprises."

- - -