chapter (001) : the hustlers

` love between [ thugs. ] -- starting.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

the hustlers (01)

 

                                                                                                              

                            c  h  apt    e     r      one

• • • • • • • • • • • •

 

[ italics = Yunho's thoughts. ]

Jung Yunho ignored the urge to smack his head against the bricked walls before him. He also ignored the urge to fall down the stairs and injury a bone or two (because that would be just utterly painful) -- and instead, groaned. The engine before him eventually starting as he pulled himself on the road. Being a right-hand man to Mr. Yong since his young days, Yunho admired the male. He truly did. The walls of the Yong's mansion, their trade-mark, their territory, all were nothing more than a home to him, however, -- Yunho cringed at the remembrance of his current task, sometimes the lad wonders if the aging man actually secretly loathes him because oh why, oh why, was he currently on a mission to pick up the Mafia leader's seven children. Ah, those seven lovely children. Nothing more than a lovable pain in the and don't get the male wrong, he loved all of them like siblings, however -- well, just you be in Yunho's position for one day and see how he feels. He pouted his rather 'manly' pout and glanced at his cell phone, the seven different locations running into his mind, but of course, all these lovable kids were scattered across flippin Seoul and the beautiful language of foul words was prevented once his eyes met the eyes of a smiling grandma in the car next door.

---------------------------------------

First, the princess.

"How about ... no?" Yong Mae Soo allowed a smile to let up her lips afterwards. However, one was not that stupid to not notice the female was running out of her patience and the numerous staff members nervously nodded. Bodies flying across the large store as the she simply and rather expressionlessly watched as the panicked store clerks continued their struggle to find something that would actually impress the lady. "Please Madame, you may want to calm that expression of yours" - And Mae Soo scoffed as she glanced to the wide-eyed male on her left. The sudden statement not even surprising her. "My expression is calm, Kyungsoo." She confidently responded and the other held back his chuckle, completely predicting those exact words to escape from the female's mouth. Though, it was not a second later did Mae Soo return her attention back on her little assistant, as the fierce attitude from before slowly drained out.

"It's calm ... right?" -- Nonetheless, before the other could respond back and reassure Mae Soo's feelings another voice interrupted. "You wish." And both the figures raised their eyes to meet the eyes of a smiling Yunho. Kyungsoo shaking his head at the cheeky man while Mae Soo responded with just a simple flick of her hair. "Don't tell me you're on body-guard duty?" Her voice nearly wavered in disgust and Yunho rolled his eyes, clearly acknowledging the female's hatred to bulky body-guards and eventually shook his head. "Unfortunately not. I'm actually here to pick you up." -- And two puzzled expressions stared right back at him. "Mrs. Yong has set up reservations for dinner, and hence she wants you all to be prepared by seven and accompany her and Mr. Yong."

---------------------------------------

And now the fiesty one.

Lee Changsun winced as his back hit the padded floor behind him. A loud groan escaping his lips as he rolled onto his sides. "Can we stop?" He questioned, though it sounded more like a plea and Yong So Jin snorted before she twisted her body to the sides, running into some small stretches. "You're so weak." She mumbled, though, the other still heard and scoffed. His legs eventually getting him back into his standing position as he reached over to lightly massage his own aching shoulders. "I apologize that not everyone can beat your amazing in karate." He responded rather sarcastically and she grinned. Her hands plopping back to her side as she peered over at her friend in amusement. "Alright. Stop sulking. I'll buy you something, eh?" And the words automatically curved a bright smile on Joon's lips. How was he a member of the Mafia again? -- So Jin would honestly never know.

Both figures then walked (well, one limped) towards the lined up benches and So Jin raised her hand to lightly fan against her heated face. No matter how much time she practices, it was always a pain when she finished. "Ice-cream sounds good right about now." She hears the faint voice of Joon's, though before she could reply, another voice over-powered and both eventually turned around to see nothing but Mr. Jung. "Count me in." He says with a teasing grin and So Jin rolls her eyes. Her attention focusing back on her bag as she continued to pack up her things. She wasn't an idiot, the presence of Yunho always meant she had to get back into the life style of the Mafia and groaned. "Mrs. Yong requests you to have dinner with her by seven." The older male began and so, So Jin did nothing but sigh.

---------------------------------------

Let's get the third child.

Yong Aaeso clutched against the blankets harder. Her eyes squinting as she nervously and anxiously watched the television before her. The moving images of a blonde creeping down the hallway making her nearly whimper. "Don't go in there." She mumbled weakly, cursing the main character and her rather stupid intelligence as she lifted the blanket higher, nearly covering half her sight with them. It was then the spooky music faded in as she finally whimpered, acknowledging there was probably going to be some sort of scene where her heart would jump out of her chest and she bit her lip, unknowingly pressing herself in the couch behind her as she watches the blonde grip the door's handle. It was complete silence and finally the main character yanked it open -- however, to both the females' surprises, the door revealed them to a 'occupied bed' instead and Aaeso blinks.

"They aren't doin-- oh they are." She blankly watches as the second and third main characters come into view. Their little activity of tangling limbs and pressing bodies making Aaeso scrunch her face in disgust. "So much for a horror movie--" However, before the female could return back to being cuddly in her spot, the door knob of her friend's apartment begins to turn. "Oh, ..." She mumbled, her heartbeats increasing as she scurries further down the couch. Her eyes sternly focused on the door and she quickly lets out a loud shriek once she captures the view of an unknown figure. "Who the watches in the middle of the day?" -- And her eyes pop open. The sight of a puzzled Yunho coming into her sight as she let out a relieved sigh. Her hands pressing against her chest. "You bastard--" She mumbled and Yunho arches a brow before shaking his head. "Mrs. Yong wishes to see you at dinner at seven."

---------------------------------------

And now the actual child.

"You're missing all the fun, you know?" Baekhyun's voice ran through her ears as Yong Haneul pouted. "Stop rubbing it in." She mumbled, completely cursing her job as a bartender as her eyes fell onto the silently calling stripper pole. She was one that preferred play over work and yet, here she was, the long black counter of the bar restricting her from her freedom. Baekhyun then chuckled at the sudden depressed puppy before him and he reached over to lightly ruffle her hair, giving her reassurance through his action. "What? You're finished in another ten minutes? Come on, you can do it, Hani." He cheered confidently and watched at the other's pout slowly disappeared. Her eyes twinkling with determination as she threw her fist in the air just afterwards. "You're right. I can do this, Baekhyunnie."

"Um. Sorry to break this disgustingly cute atmosphere here but no you can't." And both glanced over to see the blank face of Yunho's. "What do you mean?" Haneul questioned, the pout once again reappearing and the two then watched as the older lad made his way forward. "Mrs. Yong wishes to have dinner together." He then explained and both males watched as the female's face dropped even more. The urge to just party clearly not going to happen as she responded with a light glare. "Partying, partying, no?" Yunho then cheekily spoke, trying to avoid the glare.

---------------------------------------

Time for the geek.

"You're the only one that I know that gets by chemistry." Himchan informed with a pitiful sigh. His hands digging into his pockets as Yong Kyung Soon (whose hands were too occupied with various types of brand new beakers, pipets and hotplates) kicked him against his tush rather strongly. "Stop being a jerk and help me." She demanded and the blond boy whined before doing so. His hands reaching over to grip onto half the stuff as the duo then continued to make their way towards Kyung Soon's special workshop. She then lit up a smile, the thought of starting a brand new chemical formula, (she wasn't even sure what formula, but experimenting was always fun) got her completely excited and Himchan reached over to flick her forehead, mostly because he loved playing the role of a jerk.

Nonetheless, before she could react she noticed the male jerk his head towards his left and following the direction, her eyes landed on Yunho. The older male blankly pressed against the entrance of her workshop as she furrowed her face in confusion. "Hello Yunho." She greeted and the said male waved, pushing himself off the wall. "Hello Boazhi." He responded with his annoying smile and oh god, how she hated the only two (maybe more) men in her life. "Dinner will be held at seven and I, Milady, am here to pick you up." He then finished, and somehow, that annoying smile turned rather charming and Kyung Soon glanced back at the also puzzled Himchan.

---------------------------------------

Off to the ring leader.

She raises a brow at the sudden faster pace from the male next to her. The synchronized speed between both figures breaking as she snorts. "Are you challenging me, Kim Myungsoo?" Yong Chanmi questions. Her legs also picking up a faster tempo, though, still keeping herself steady. "Am I?" The other than replies, purposely teasing the female. Their daily jogs (3 out of 4 times) usually ending with a competition and without even responding, Chanmi began to dash. Her body passing Myungsoo's within seconds as the latter chuckled before following her. The two eventually running their way down the slightly busy trail that lead them to park as Chanmi glanced over to see the other had already caught up and groaned playfully. Sometimes she wonders how he, someone that loathed females with a passion, became her friend but then again, she didn't want to question it either because, despite before members of the opposite Gangs, they actually had a valuable friendship.

However, losing her train of thoughts, Chanmi failed to notice the person that blocked her way and kaboom (wrong sound effect), she collided against the chest of another. "Ouch." The rather familiar voice whined and Chanmi peered over to see Yunho. The unexpected presence making her speechless as she watched as the male's eyes flickered over to the emotionless Myungsoo that was currently standing by her side. "There will be dinner at seven."

---------------------------------------

And finally baby Yong.

He plopped the hood back on and pressed the oil-stained gloves together. His eyes soon after landing on the male that took spot in the driver's seat as he nodded once their eyes locked. The rustling of the engine eventually getting all his attention as Yong Hwanhee glanced at the rather shiny bonnet before him. It was soon enough both males heard the loud roar and Hwanhee grinned as he heard Tao's cheer of success. "Man, you sure are good with cars." The male complimented, exiting the car and the other shrugged lightly, trying to stay modest as he felt his friend's arm swing around his shoulder before pushing himself away from the lad.

Even though men were nothing but useless creatures to Hwanhee, Tao was one of the few that made it on his 'do not list' and although, Hwanhee was still conscious of the male, the boy was useful when it came to helping him with working up a car. "And finally the maknae." A voice cut in -- though, unlike the rest, Hwanhee didn't even bother facing the voice as he already knew the source it came from and continued to lightly nibble on his lollipop. "There will be reservations for dinner at seven." Yunho finally informed, acknowledging the other wasn't probably going to give him the time of day and Hwanhee simply nodded in response.

---------------------------------------

Yunho finally reached over to massage his aching temples. The faint headache making him scowl. "You did good, Yunho, you did good." He tried to reassure his thoughts -- though, that failed the moment he glanced behind to witness the faces of those seven lovable children. Oh, was he so glad that all he needed to do now was drive them home -- after that, he could go back to relaxing with his 'manly' smoothies.

"Why does this seem like a scheme?" Kyung Soon suddenly questioned. Her eyes scanning down the faces of her siblings as So Jin then scoffed, her attention mostly focused out the window. "Probably because it's mother that planned this." And the rest sighed. You can never be too surprised when living the lifestyle of a Mafia but then again, Mrs. Yong always never failed to break that saying.

 

 


 
 
 
 
                          the notes;
                          rambling all day.
                          
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
 
  • And ta-dah, the first chapter. Congratulations to all those that got in, this was seriously tricky (especially when picking Miss. Child and Le Princess, hence why I created another plot [Try Me] because I seriously was stuck in picking the characters.
  • For all those that unfortunately didn't get in, I am deeply sorry (especially after working so hard with the applications) but no hard feelings, ne? I'll definitely have more stories in the future, though, and hopefully you guys can keep an eye out for those.
  • Nonetheless, within this chapter, as people may have noticed your back-up love interest is now officially one of your close friends. For Hwanhee, your love-interest will still be Myungsoo, however, he'll also be Chanmi's best friend (the drama that may hold) and for your own friend, there was Tao, however, if you wish to change that up (considering the hatred for males) let me know.
  • Also if you guys refer to the 'characters' page, I switched up the ages because it was all jumbled.
  • Um, aside from that, next chapter will mostly surround around the Bangs, gotta introduce them, you know. So, hopefully this chapter wasn't all that bad and of course lots of love would be wonderful. :)