Love To Kill

Midnight Lust

 

"Where the heck could he be?"
 
Nino jumped from a tree to another. Trying to look for Junno. After almost an hour of searching for him. He finally found him beside the lake. A lake at the heart of the forest. No one knows about this lake because they kept the place unknown from eveyrone. Even the government. He sat down beside him and placed his hand on his right shoulder.
 
Nino: Hey, still thinking about her?
Junno: Yeah. I-I can't help it. She's still the one that I love, even after all the years that have passed.
Nino: *sighs* Brother. You know that making her stay away is for her own good right? Its the only thing that you could do to keep her. . . ALIVE.
Junno: But she's also the only one that could make me feel alive and happy! Creatures like us are considered undead. We live but are we even ALIVE? We are cold outside and we kill! Its because of her I felt another emotion within me. An emotion that I didn't even know that existed in me, until I met her.
Nino: Then what do you want to do now?
Junno: Wait. Wait until the right time comes.
Nino: Okay then, I just hope that you won't regret whatever you decide by then. By the way, Kame is looking for you.
Junno: Why?
 
Nino just shrugged his shoulders and Junno followed him just right after he left. When Junno arrived at the house he went straight to the study room where Kame would always be found, looking at Keira's house. Junno sat at the  antique single sofa just across the window. Junno just closed his eyes and like total mutes they did not talk with each other, not verbally but with their minds. Like they usually do.
 
Junno: Is this about her?
Kame: Yes. It is about her. . .
Junno: What is it? What happened?
Kame: I am going to tell this straight to you. Nino. . . he saw what is going to happen already.
Junno: Goddamit, Kame! Stop being like that and tell me what the hell is going on!
Kame: The council, they'll go after her if. . . you would get back with her or even have a communication with her.
Junno: What the is it that they want? I thought all they want is Keira?!
Kame: I know. Calm down. As long as you won't make any stupid move to get her back and be with her. She'll be safe. I promise.
Junno: You know I don't take promises seriously. I can protect her. I know I can.
Kame: Not without us. You know its dangerous! Stop being such an idiot and we'll plan things out. They're nothing against us. They're just using their old power to cover things up. We're alot stronger than them but they know ways that we don't. They are smart asses, they plan things thoroughly and we should do the same.
Junno: Thank you, brother.
Kame: Its nothing.
 
Junno's POV:
 
Would I really be able to risk her safety just to be with her? Those were the thoughts that was running on my mind when my nose caught on that familiar sweet scent while I was walking here at Tokyo. Just letting my time pass by. I looked at the woman that walked pass me and my I followed her. I can't be wrong! It's really her! I made my way through the crowd and focused my mind on following her scent. She stopped in front of a little cozy cafe and I inhaled sharply when she turned around to the glass wall of the cafe. I slowly walked towards the entrance of the cafe and got in. I ordered and while I was waiting in line, since I am tall I caught a glimpse of her at the cafe's kitchen preparing some ingridients. I finished giving my order and was walking towards an empty table when I saw a chart where the employees are. Her pictures' there. She got prettier the last time I saw her was 2 years ago. I almost fell off my chair when I saw her walking towards me with my order her eyes widened and she was speechless even after she had served my order.
 
Junno: A-Ayami. . .
Ayami: Junno, how come you're here? Last time I heard you're already abroad and even married!
Junno: That's not true! Nothing like that happened. I-I got sick a-a-and I came back a year ago. . . looking for you.
 
I know she'd still love to talk but her manager called her so she left. I told her I'll wait until her off and I did. I was outside the cafe until the last person left. She ran towards me and motioned me to follow her. We ended up at the park just around the vicinity. We sat down at the empty swings. I looked at her as she started to move, her long curly hair being carried by the cold Tokyo wind, her white pinkish skin that seems to glisten under the pale moonlight, those eyes that I always love looking at and her lips. Oh, her pink, plum lips that I missed to kiss.
 
Ayami: So, mind to explain to me everything?
 
I was pulled out of my trance when she broke the silence enveloping around us together with the calm night.
 
Junno: Well, as I have said I got sick. You know, cancer of the blood. I had to be treated right away so I went to America to get treated.
Ayami: Then why didn't you even say a word before. . . you left me.
 
I felt sadness and bitterness in her voice. It breaks my heart to hear such words, knowing that I am the cause of that sadness. When I promised her long before that I would never leave her and yet I was the one to break my own promise. I had no choice back then, but now I do. If I want to be with her, I can protect her. I've been hiding. . . I've been scared long enough by those people who are in power. I am not letting that happen again.
 
Junno: I. . .I don't want you to worry over me. I don't want you to be sad.
Ayami: Really? Do you know how worried I am when you left without notice? How broken I was when everyday of my life I was barely making it because. . . you're not here. Beside me?
 
I stood up from the swing and stood behind her. I gently wrapped my arms around her small frame, caging her. Letting my coldness be draped with her warmth that I longed for. I pulled her up and now stood in front of her as she buried her face onto my chest. I hugged her again as I her hair.
 
Junno: I am so sorry, Ayami. I'll never leave you again. I pro-
Ayami: Don't. Not another promise, Junno. Just do it.
 
We were in that position for some time when I felt a presence just around the corner. My eyes quickly scanned the place. They're here. I must do my job now. Protect the only one I love. I broke the hug and held her hand tightly.
 
Junno: I'll walk you home. It's getting late.
Ayami: Junno. . .
Junno: Hmm?
Ayami: Don't you dare leave me again, okay?
 
I nodded as I look into her eyes. I cupped her face in between my hands and kissed her passionately, like before. After the kiss ended she smiled at me and it felt like everything felt warm and calming. We entwined our fingers as we walk to her apartmen just a few blocks away from the park. I gently pushed her in once we got there.
 
Junno: Aya, be rest assured that I am here and I'll never leave you.
Ayami: I missed that. Calling me by my nickname. I know, Junno. I know.
 
I dipped forward for another kiss, but this time only on her forehead. I smiled at her as she closed the door. After re-assuring that she has locked it, I used my inhumane speed and went back home. As soon as I got in the gloomy mood welcomed me and in an instant Kame was already in front of me.
 
Kame: You found her.
Junno: And I am never leaving her again.
Kame: I won't stop you from seeing her but protect her at least. They already know that you've found her.
 
My eyes widened in fear with his last words. With the Council's knowledge about me and Ayami seeing each other again. They won't hesitate to take her away from me and erase all her memories or even kill her.
 
Kame: In the meantime, hunt. I sent Aiba back to her apartment to keep her safe.
Junno: Thanks, brother.
 
He gently squeezed my shoulder and in with the blink of an eye he was gone. He's right if I want to protect Ayami I have to be in perfect shape. I sped off to the forest and began hunting.