Letting Go. . .Admitting To Myself

Midnight Lust

"Help. Help"

Keira's POV:

I cried out in a very soft voice. I am in a very dark place. I don't even want to be here. It scares me. Then all of a sudden I saw a white light at the end, I walked towards and reached for it. I was surprised when a hand took mine and pulled me. It was Kame, I saw his smirk before he sinked his fangs on my neck. I in air and my eyes flew open. Then I noticed I am lying on a bed, and I am staring at the white ceiling. Sat down quickly and I felt my whole body hurts as if I was thrown back and forth. Then everything flooded on my mind. Her chase, Kame's worried face before I totally out. I hugged my knees and rested my head on them and quietly sobbed. Why won't they let me go? I am just a normal girl. I can't be that much of a thing for them. I heard the door open but I did not dare to look up to see who it was. I felt that he placed a tray on te table. And I could tell that it is food because I could smell the miso soup in the air. My stomach grumbled and I heard someone chuckle and that made me look up.
----------------------------------------
Keira: W-Who are you? Are you one of them?
Tego: *bright smile* Hello! I am Tegoshi Yuya. And unfortunately, I am one of them. Demo. . . I won't harm you. Actually, WE won't harm you.
Keira: And what do you mean by that?
Tego: As simple as it is. *shrug his shoulders* You know what, I know you are hungry so, here, I brought some food for you to eat.
Keira: Why?
Tego: Hmm?
Keira: Why are you helping me?! Why don't you monsters just kill me. You won't let me go, right? Just kill me.
Tego: We are not that bad. Someone needs you that's why you're here.
Keira: Needs me? For what?
Tego: Now, now. Stop with the questions and eat.
----------------------------------------
Keira's POV:
This guy Tego. He is cheerful, unlike the other vampire's she saw the other night. He is like a lost kitten. But I noticed something. He won't fully look me in the eyes. He has been avoiding me, my gaze. And for some reason, I feel at ease when he is around. He is like a big brother. I looked at him again after I finished eating. He tilted his head a bit to my side and glanced at me when he felt me staring at me. I crawled slowly to him withouth taking my eyes off his face. I don't know what made me did that. My senses just tell me that I should.
----------------------------------------

Tego: *move backwards* What are you doing?
Keira: I wonder if you are telling me the truth. You won't look me in the eyes. Maybe you're just lying to me.
Tego: *look on his left side* I can't. I can't look at you.
Keira:*innocent expression* Why? Why?
Man: Because, he'll have your memories snatched away from you and knock you out for about a day

*They both looked at the door when a man answered Keira's expression. He looked back at Tego and his expression brightened and wrapped his arms around the man like a kid. Keira backed off and sat on her legs.*

Tego: Yamapi-kun~ *hug his waist* Okairi~ Where have you been?
Yamapi: I just went hunting. I got hungry. What are you doing here? You shouldn't be talking to her. *pat Tego's head and look at him with warm look* You might get into trouble with Kame.
Tego: *shook his head left and right* No no. It's okay. And besides she is hungry already. I feel bad for her.
Keira: *sarcastic tone* You creatures actully know how to feel bad eh. So tell me, why won't you look me in the eyes. Are you being truthful to me, Yuya-kun?
Yamapi: Vampires have various specialties and powers. As what you see on the movies. Extraordinary strength and speed. And Yuya's powers is Mind Thief. Once he looks to you in the eyes, he'll be able to see your most intimate thoughts and memories and shut them down, forever. The after effects is that you will be asleep for approxiamtely, a day.
Keira: Eh?! That powerful? Yuya-kun. Next time. Wear some sunglasses. Okay?
Tego: *giggle* You're pretty funny. I will take these now. *motioned over the tray of food* I am sorry Keira-chan. You can wonder around the house but don't try to escape.

*Keira's eyes went wide when the two men are out. It hit her again, the reality that she is still in a house full of vampire. She got out of the room and walked her around the house. The house may seem look scary outside but not on the inside. She stumbled at the last door on the second floor where she is, she doesn't know why but there is this force that is pushing her to open the door. After a lot of hesitating, she opened the door and just saw a very white room. There is nothing inside but a bed and a computer station at the corner. She walked slowly inside but as she was about to walk out again, she felt a sturdy arm wrap around her waist and pulled her back. Keira shut her eyes close as she felt her body fell down the soft bed. She doesn't want to open her eyes yet for she could feel that someone is towering over her. She shivered when that 'someone' touched her cheeks.*

Kame: Open you eyes and look at me.
Keira:*look at Kame* I-I am sorry. Is this your room?
Kame: Why are you not in your room? You're planning on escaping again?
Keira: To be honest. Yes. I don't want to live this kind of life. So please. . .

*Kame doesn't know what to do. He is aware of a human's emotions, but not with her. He stirred to life when she looked straight in his eyes while crying. Her vulnarability made him vulnerable too. He slowly got off her. Keira on the other hand sat up and hugged her knees. She continued crying. Her tears stopped all of a sudden when she felt arms wrap around her body. His body is cold for as he is a vampire but she felt cared and comfortable. She was silenced when he spoke.*

Kame: Okay. I give up. I am letting you go. But for the record I am not gonna keep my eyes and senses off of you.
Keira: Why are you doing all these?
Kame: At first I thought that keeping you here would be the safest thing. But I guess that if I want to protect you, I would be able to do it. Anytime, anywhere without keeping you here against your will. I am so sorry it took me this long to realize this.
Keira: Thank you. Thank you so much. But can I ask you, why are trying to protect me?
Kame:*cup Keira's face between his hands and look in her eyes* Listen to me carefully. This is not the right time for you to know the whole story. But your existence, it is very important, to all of us vampires. Especially the blood that is running through your veins. Many vampires are aiming just even a single drop of it. Be careful all the time. I will tell you everything when the right time comes, okay?
Keira: Okay.
----------------------------------------
Kame's POV:

For the last time, I looked at her intently and captured her lips in a passionate kiss. Through this, I hope that she get the idea of why I am going to such extent just to protect her. Now I know why I always feel the urge to touch her, kiss her and protect her. Because all through this time that I've been obesrving her, little did I know, my heart started to recognize her and eventually love her. I love her now and I will do anything to make sure she is far from harm. After sometime, I broke the kiss and carried her bridal style and sped through her backyard. I put her down and waved at her to say goodbye.