Mi Amore

Midnight Lust

"Do you know what's wrong with Jin?"

 
Ueda's POV
I threw a sideway glance at Koki and Maru who is sitting with me at the long sofa at the house's living room. They continued to have their "chit-chat". I, on the other hand, continued reading the book I have been reading since. . . yesterday. Since they already brough it up, their brother Jin is really acting odd than the usual. Something in him changed. Its either he got rejected, someone finally caught his interest, maybe even all of the above. He just shrugged and returned his full attention to the book. After a minute or so he felt his brothers presence behind the sofa. He transported himself from the sofa to the last flight of the stairs going up to the 2nd floor.
 
Ueda: What the hell is it that you two want?
Koki: We are just curious about you, brother. I've never seen you flirt with any girls. Are you, by any chance---
Ueda: Don't you dare say it if you still want see your future family.
 
I gave them a chilling glare and they finally left me. I would love to go to the forest for some peace but that is already marked by Junno as his. He would always go there and well. . . reminisce. That's all. With no choice left I just walked back to my room. Walk as in, walk, vampire style. I sat down at the window pavement with my back faced behind my room and my legs swinging outside my window. Since our house is already the last one in the place. All I could see is vast greenery. Beautiful sight. For me. It always calms me. I was almost threw off my balance when an unusual smell spread through when the wind blew. Unsual, like an old preserved red wine. It smelled so damn good that I felt my mouth water. It hit me. I know this smell. The smell of blood. Blood that I am the only one that could smell and trace. How? There is this old saying in our world that every vampire has his/her human counterpart. A human that we would feast on. For as long as we live. And once we find or come across that human, just by the smell of their blood, we would do crazy and do whatever it takes to have just even a zip of that human's blood.
 
I looked around and saw no one. The wind that blew came from the west. I guess my food is there. Amongst us brothers I and Kame are the ones who doesn't have much urge to drink human blood. Not until now. I must find her and have her. I jumped back to my room, took my sling bag and filled it with my necessities.
 
I saw Koki and Maru at the living room. They are already grinning. I probed in their mind.
 
Ueda: YOU TWO! Stop probing in my thoughts or I'll have you two killed.
Koki: You can't do that. You love us too much.
Maru: Goodluck in looking for her, Tat-chan. Be gentle. From the first bite up to the last.
Ueda: Don't call me that and SHUT UP!
 
I ran through the forest and I stopped midway when I felt that I have reached the place. I followed her scent all the way through Tokyo and to. . .
 
Ueda: Izumo City.
 
I looked around and I felt like I came back to the old times of Japan. When we are being hunted down. I was a bad back then, relentlessly killing humans, their blood to my pleasure. I filled my lungs with the air around and my senses got tingled when I smelled that distinct, strong smell of blood. She must be at this city. I won't leave until I find her. I walked around, following the scent. It lead to me a small old Japanese house. I could hear my own pulse palpitate with hunger as a woman came out of the wooden door holding a lamp in her right hand. I jumped to the tree inside the house's  garden and watched her every move.
 
Ueda: Finally. We meet.
 
Kai's POV [A/N: Kai means 'Forgiveness' in Japanese. Why I choose this name will have a connection. And yeah, its a girl's name^^]
 
I took the lamp used inside the house to check on the cloths hanged at the backyard. I then felt a sudden gush of wind good thing I clipped the cloths in place so they won't be blown away by the wind. After dyeing them this afternoon with the color from flowers and plants that I got from the mountains my whole body sure hurts. I went back inside the house and in my room. I placed down the lamp and did my usual routine before I turned the lamp off anf lay down on my futton mat. I sighed as I pull the blanket up to my chest and stare at the ceiling.
 
Kai: I am getting bored. Been living alone since 16. I live on dyeing cloths and making art out of them. But, I am so damn bored!
 
I turned in all direction but my problem won't be solved by sleeping. She was about to scream in frustration when she heard the doorbell rang. She quickly put on her slippers and went to open the gate. I saw a man, a pretty man. Well, he is pretty to be man except for his aura and stance. Everything is manly, except for his face. Too handsome. I clearedy my throat.
 
Kai: What can I do for you?
 
He did not speak. Instead, he just blocked my view with the "Wanted: Boarder" sign that I made months ago. I thought of putting it up since the guest room would only be a stock room if I leave it like that. By doing this I would have extra income and maybe a potiential friend as well. I was pulled out from my reverie when his face popped out again.
 
Kai: The room is still available. Do you want to check it out first?
Ueda: *Nods*
Kai: Come in.
 
Ueda's POV:
 
This easy?! I bet if it was another person she would also let him/her in even without asking too much questions. She is as clumsy as she looks. She led me inside the house then to an empty, cozy room. I looked back at her and she got surprised a bit. I cleared my throat.
 
Kai: What do you think? I could give you this room for like,  3,000 yen per month, if you plan to stay for long.. All you have to worry about is your food.
Ueda: *Nods*
Kai: I am guessing that you're mute. Uhm, I don't know sign language but we'll do something about that tomorrow morning.
 
I gave her the payment for the room and she excused herself and told me just to tap the wall if I need anything since it's her room next to mine. I almost laughed when she said that I am mute. I'll keep it for a while. I placed my bag beside the door and fixed the futtonn mat. Just for props. I don't sleep. I took out my towel and plan to wash. I tapped the wall and she came.
 
Kai: Is there any problem?
Ueda: *shook his head, no*
Kai: *look at the towel on his shoulder* Oh. You want to wash up. Okay, follow me.
 
We we're walking towards the backyard where I think the faucet is when all of a sudden her foot got caught on a stone. She was pre-occupied so she didn't notice. I encircled my arms around her to prevent her from falling but the sudden motion plus the gravity both took us down. I placed my hand on her head.
 
Kai: Oh my! Are you hurt?
 
I just stared at her because I ended up on top of her. I could see her cheeks blushing when I made eye contact. There is it. Her blood is really making me thirsty. I stopped myself from biting her and got up. I helped her.
 
Kai: I am so sorry. I could really be clumsy at times.
Ueda: *Nods*
Kai: Well. Here it is. You can use the faucet here to wash up. I'll go ahead.
 
I followed her with my eyes and squat in front of the faucet. I almost jumped off my feet when I thought of something. Since, I can read minds. Might as well use it. NOW. I grinned and started probing into Kai's mind. She's thinking of me now. How is that for a start?
 
Kai's thoughts:
 
What do I do now? He is the first man that I could have a proper encounter with. How would or should I act in front of him? AAAAAHHH~! I'll just be myself! Tsk. No pretentions. But what are we going to do with our communication? Ugh~ Sleep! I'll just figure it out tomorrow.
 
Ueda: She's sleeping.
 
Kai's POV
 
"What is this? Why am I standing in this dark room?"
 
I must be dreaming. There is no way I would be in such place. I walked, but the darkness seemed to be endless. I can't see anything but darkness up ahead. Untill all of a sudden a man in white appeared in front of me. All I could see is his back but I could tell that he is handsome. With that stance of him. I tried walking towards him but my body won't move.
 
Kai: AH! What is going on? Why can't I move?
 
I felt all of my hair stood up as a thing went pass me the next thing I knew, cold arms were gently wrapping my slender waist and I could feel a breath blew on one side of my neck. Next thing I heard was a voice. A dark as a dark chocolate and as smooth as silk, it sent chills that made me want to moan then and there. My breathing, for some reason, became heavy, my eyes at the verge of closing.
 
Man: I control you. You are. . . mine.
Kai: No one owns me.
Man: I already do, my dear.
Kai: W-Who are you?
Man: Your destined one.
 
I felt like I was taken to another dimension when he my neck then a powerful surge entered me as a pair of fangs tear into my neck. I closed my eyes and lost myself to. . . forever.
 
Kai: No. . .
Ueda: Kai~
Kai: Don't leave. . . please.
Ueda: Kai~
Kai: COME BACK!
 
My eyes shot open and I saw my mute boarder towering over me. My eyes widened as I push him and stood up. I quickly fixed myself as he got out of my room. He must've heard me and thought I was having a nightmare. It was a dream. A very weird yet interesting dream. I smiled to myself as I place my hand at my neck. I could actually feel his breath. Weird. After getting fixed. I went out to look for my boarder, which I still don't know his name. He's been like staying here for 2 days now and yet I still don't know his name. In my search for him I found him at the hill just behind my house. He is up at the tree. I walked towards him.
 
Kai: Ei~! Breakfast is ready! Let's eat. Get down there. You might get hurt.
 
He swung his arms, like those people do in gymnastics and finally jumped down the ground. I walked back and I felt him follow me. Now, I should really make a conversation. Eventhough he would just answer me with sign language. I just keep up with him.
 
Kai: So, why don't we try to talk to each other. I mean, even if you are mute, we could still communicate, right? Its okay if you answer me with sign language.
Ueda:*nods*
 
I was surprised when he took out a small notebook from his pocket and a pen. Don't tell me. . .
 
Kai: Oh, so you just want to write your replies. Okay. So, what is your name?
Ueda:*writes his name and show the notebook back to Kai*
Kai: Ueda Tatsuya. Nice name.
 
We were about to get inside the house when he all of a sudden stopped walking. I looked at him, puzzled.
 
Kai: Why?
Ueda: Let's just stop this.
Kai: WHAT?! YOU CAN TALK?!
Ueda: Yes.
Kai: Why didn't you tell me earlier?!
Ueda: Nothing. I don't like talking either so I just let you think what you want.
Kai: SHEESH~! Do you know that you gave me a headache?
Ueda: Sorry about that. Let me introduce myself. Formally. Ueda Tatsuya desu, 28 years old. Originally from Tokyo.
Kai: Okay. Let's just eat first okay? I am starving.
 
We went inside the house and went straight to the dining area. I watched his every motion and I smiled at him when he looked at me. There is something in him that is just not right and I will find out what it is.
 

 


 

Finally~ U P D A T E D ~!

Writer's BLOCK as USUAL! GAAAAH~ Anyways, enjoy the story~
Don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE~

ME LOVES YOU <3 ^_~v
 
Kai, Kai's Clothes and House:

Pajama:

Morning: Hoodie and skinny jeans

Ueda's Clothes:

Morning: