Twelve

When You Walked Into My Life

Saena's POV:

Today had been a really awkward day. Whenever I came into eye contact with Changjo, he would glare at me and walk away. I tried to talk to him, but my efforts were worthless. He would never forgive me, but I knew in my heart that it wouldn't take much for him to forget about me.

To be honest, I was somewhat relieved. Now that my relationship with Changjo was over, I could focus on how I felt about Hoya. If we worked out, that would be great. If not, so be it.

It was lunch time and I was about to tell Changjo I was going to the library when I remembered what had happened. Taking a sigh, I slumped and slowly walked into the room of books. I glanced at the back table and saw Hoya, sitting there with his grin as usual.

I weakly smiled and plopped my stuff down onto the table. He was really happy today for some reason.

"Why are you so smiley today?"

"Because I heard about you and Changjo breaking up."

I paused from getting my lunch out of my backpack and looked up at him.

"People already know about that?"

"Well, yea. It's all over the school. There was a rumor that Changjo left you on the ground crying. Is that true?"

"Well... Yes and no. I was crying but it was because I felt sorry. He found, Hoya. He found out about us."

"Oh... So... Do you regret it? Do you regret meeting me?"

I looked into his eyes and could see the worry. I smiled. These were the moments when I loved him the most. The moments when I knew he loved me.

"No. Never. I would never regret doing this."

And with that, I kissed him on the lips and sat on his lap. He looked at me with a playful smirk and I smirked back at him.

We continued to talk about stupid things when he popped a sudden question.

"So... Saena? Can you be my girlfriend now?"

"Aren't we already dating?"

"I mean publicly. I want to show the world that you're mine. I don't want to keep dating in this stinky library. I want to take you to the park, the movies, the mall, everywhere. Also, I want other guys to know that you're off limits."

I giggled and started to blush. He kissed my cheek and smiled at me.

"I'm going to take that as a yes. I don't care what you say."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was the best decision of my life.

Time went on and we had decided to go public and his fangirls went bizarre, but eventually, they got over it. He became even sweeter to me, if that was possible. Everyday, between every class, he gave me cute little kisses and hugs, while the Infinite members would be teasing us from behind. Hoya would walk with me everywhere and was very protective of me. I had to say, it was really cute.

As for Changjo, surprisingly, he started dating the goalie on the girls' soccer team, Son Hyejin. Honestly, they looked really cute together. It only took him about two weeks until he finally gave in and forgave me. All it took from me was a bunch of candy, apology notes, and trips to his house with speeches prepared ahead of time. Actually, he apologized to me too saying that he shouldn't have pressured me into dating him. I guess everything was just in the spur of the moment.

There was just one thing that was bothering me, and that was Myungsoo. He was still missing from school and it was becoming a big issue. The Infinite members didn't speak a word about him, but I had a feeling that they knew what was going on.

One day, I got a call from someone. Apparently, it was Myungsoo's sister named Minah. She told me that I was the first person on his speed-dial and that he was calling my name in his sleep. This got me worried so I agreed to go over to his house the next day.

When I rang the doorbell, I was surprised to see such a pretty girl opening the door.

"Hi, I'm Minah. Myungsoo's little sister."

"Hey, I'm Saena."

"You're the one that's dating Hoya oppa right?"

"Uh, yea. Anyways, what's wrong with Myungsoo."

"Unnie... I can call you unnie right?"

I nodded.

"Anyways, he's been really depressed lately. I didn't have any clue about what was going on until I happened to hear him call your name in his sleep. I figured that it had something to do with you so I looked on his phone, and sure enough, you were the first person on his speed-dial."

I sighed. She motioned for me to come in and so I did. I followed Minah into Myungsoo's room.

There he was. A wreck. That was all I could describe him as. Clothes were all over the room, his hair looked like a floppy mop, and there was a nasty stench in the place.

Minah walked out, giving us some privacy. When he first noticed me, he was shocked. His eyes widened and he quickly looked away.

I sat next to him on his bed.

"Hey, Myungsoo... Why haven't you been showing up to school?"

He didn't respond to me.

"Listen. You're going to have to talk sometime so we might as well get this over with."

I was on the verge of giving up when he finally spoke.

"I... I couldn't handle it anymore. When you decided to date Changjo, that was the last straw. I'm sorry for everything about Miyeon. I really didn't mean to make you angry, but it never came across my mind that you would break up with me."

"Myungsoo... Let's think about this. Do you really love me?"

"Of course I do!"

"Are you sure about that?"

"Well... I'm pretty sure."

"See? You can't be pretty sure. When you love someone, you don't hesitate. I'm pretty sure what you had was just infatuation. Maybe the impact of your childhood was just so strong, and so you thought that you had to be my hero forever."

"I... I just don't know about this anymore. My head is hurting."

"Ok. Then how about this? What did you think of most when you were here, at home?"

"You."

"And what about me?"

"That I was sorry."

"Anything else? Nothing about wanting me back? Just regret?"

"I guess so."

"See? You just said it yourself. You don't want me back. You were just sorry about what you did and that guilt just chewed you up. But now you don't have to be that way because I forgive you. I've forgiven you for a while."

"... Yea. Maybe you're right Saena."

"Of course I am."

I smirked at him and for the first time in a while, I heard his laugh. 

"Thanks, Saena. For everything."

"No problem."

"It's just... "

"What is it?"

"Can I have one last kiss? Just to say goodbye, no strings attached. Besides, I already know you and Hoya hyung are dating."

I hesitated but thought about it. 

"Fine. But no feelings behind it."

"Agreed."

I nodded and closed my eyes. Soon, his lips were on mine. That was when I realized there were no more sparks. I was truly in love with Hoya. He had completely stolen my heart.

We pulled away and he gave me a sad smile. I hugged him and smelt his scent one last time until I pulled away.

"Friends?"

He smiled and hugged me pulled me in for another hug.

"Friends."

Minah's POV:

I smirked as I stared at the picture of Saena unnie and oppa kissing.

Why was I doing this?

It was simple. 

The only reason why I had started to date Dongwoo oppa was to make Hoya jealous. I knew I wouldn't be hurting Dongwoo oppa if he found out anyways because I knew he was cheating on me with someone he really loved, the captain of the volleyball team, Lee Naeun.

I had always liked Hoya oppa, and when I found out that he started dating Saena unnie, I was furious. Why couldn't he have noticed me? I was way prettier than her, and younger too. Besides, we knew each other way longer than he knew Saena unnie.

The one night I heard oppa calling for Saena unnie's name, I knew he liked her. I decided to take this as an opportunity from the universe to snatch Hoya oppa away from her.

I smiled to myself and dialed Hoya oppa's number. He was the first person on my speed-dial.

"Hey oppa!"

"Oh hey Minah. What's up?"

"I just really had something to show you. Do you want to meet me at our favorite club?"

"Is it really that important?"

"Yes. It is. Pleasee?"

I used my aegyo until he finally sighed. I knew that he had given in.

"Alright, alright, but this better be worth my time."

"Oh, trust me. It is."