A Day With Lee Sungyeol

Rules Are Meant To Be Broken [Hiatus]

{ Second Chapter | A Day with Lee Sungyeol }

 

 

Lee Sungyeol. Known for as the prankster or choding in his school, he never fails to make any of his peers laugh with his childish antics and immature behaviour in class. Moreover, his cheerful and loud personality made him one of the most likable students in the campus. There was no boring day with Sungyeol around; even the teachers have to admit that. It was hard to miss him out, everyone knew him. Lee Sungyeol, the school’s clown.

 

Kim Myungsoo; good-looking but a well-known troublemaker in his school. Unlike Sungyeol, he wasn’t as obnoxious or funny- just a bit rude, and cheeky. His nickname, L, gives it away- cold and mysterious; that’s what Myungsoo is. Of course, he’s known in school with his raging fan-girls and his cool aura. He never fails to make his teachers pissed each day, and he loves it.  It’s hard to miss out the raven-haired boy, everyone knew him. Kim Myungsoo, the boy who doesn’t care. 

 

Trouble. All the students knew that if there was any commotion, any mishaps, any accident, the arrows would all point at the two students. Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo, the famous troublemakers in school. Causing trouble were the two’s specialties, and unfortunately it landed as a competition between both of them. Both of the students would try to beat each other on who’d caused the best or most fuss; and thus the birth of the two groups that practically ruled Woollim High.

 

Now these groups weren’t rivals that had a fight every day and bullied the other students till they’re half-dead. No, they were just a group of students who were known for their talents and having the top grades in the school. But yes, the two clutches did not like at each other; they both dominate Woollim High with their skills in the Arts Department. Sunggyu and Woohyun are both flawless singers, Hoya and Dongwoo with their effortless dancing; Sungjong was into designing whilst Myungsoo was into drama.  Sungyeol was a different issue. Surprisingly his year, as a whole, doesn’t know what the brown-haired boy does in school or what his interests are. A handful of people do excluding Woohyun, Hoya and Dongwoo. However they kept those people kept their mouth shuts, not wanting to reveal themselves otherwise a mob of fan-girls will attach them at night.

 

So it wasn’t a surprise that jealousy started to rise in the department which caused the rivalry. The hate for each other was at a minimum level but they couldn’t deny the burning passion of wanting to be better.

 

“Move out you idiot!”

 

“Me move? Find another place to ram that broom stick thingy!”

 

Shouting and complaining thundered the garden of Woollim High, some students grinning and giggling, clearly amused at the scene. Others were completely oblivious whilst some were taking photos for who-knows-what. It was the first day of Sungyeol’s and L’s punishment. The clouds dominated the skies which seemed like a great reflection for the two students. The duo was busy arguing on cleaning the litter that conquered the grass area of the garden- and it wasn’t just trash.    

 

“How do I use this pointy thingy Myungie?” Sungyeol yelled. Myungsoo cringed at the loud voice that was far from where he is. Rolling his eyes, he plastered a smile on his face, walking towards the tall boy.

 

“Here, let me show you,” Myungsoo replied sweetly, taking the paper picker swiftly from Sungyeol’s hand. Sungyeol looked at the latter with excitement in his eyes. The raven-haired boy gave a smirk before striking the paper picker into Sungyeol’s stomach.

 

“What the hell was that for?!” Sungyeol growled, clutching onto his tummy. Myungsoo, in reply, smirked at the brown-haired, before dropping the paper picker. Crouching down, he leaned closer to Sungyeol.

 

“That’s for annoying me Owlie,” Myungsoo stared coldly into Sungyeol’s eyes.

 

Sungyeol showed no hint of fear and spat at the latter. Surprised, Myungsoo took a step back, but only to trip at the sudden rolling of the tool that he dropped. Crashing into the ground, Myungsoo gave a yell of pain when his back made contact with the hard earth. He rolled onto his side, placing his right hand over the lower region of his spine; he groaned at the pain that his back. Myungsoo closed his eyes tightly, and before he knew it, he was scooped up by a pair of strong arms.

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo's P.O.V

I fluttered my eyes, only to be greeted by lights that seemed too bright for my taste. I closed them again, a groan escaping my lips. I tilted my head to the right, my neck in pain from leaning on to my shoulder a bit too long.

 

“Going back to sleep again? Wow, someone’s healthy,” I rotated my neck to the source of where the voice came from, my eyelids refusing to open. I didn’t have to though; no-one can mistake that voice.

 

“Yah, wake up! Don’t tell me, you’re blind as well,” I heard a clatter and felt Sungyeol softly patting my arm. I opened my eyes and looked at him, a bowl of soup on a side table next to him. I glanced at it before looking back at Sungyeol, who took at chair and sat on it. I looked down, realising that I was on a bed. But it wasn’t my bed. I glimpsed at my surroundings, my eyes widening at the foreign room.

 

“Where am I? Last time I checked, the nurse’s office didn’t have a poster of Suzy and Yoon Yooseon,” I saw Sungyeol’s cheeks blushed and gave an awkward cough. The choding stole a glance at me and I saw that; but also saw an emotion that I couldn’t pinpoint.

 

Pain?

 

“We’re in my room Myungie. Don’t worry, make yourself at home,” Sungyeol flashed his famous gummy smile before proceeding in grabbing the bowl. I looked at him confused, one moment he seemed upset, and then another, he acts as if it’s alright! What’s wrong with him?

 

“Hey, I’m not done with you! Why am I in your bedroom? And why is it-” I felt something jabbed into my mouth, but I calmed down at the taste of the chicken soup that made contact with my taste buds. I opened my mouth, and saw Sungyeol taking back the spoon, then dipping it back into the bowl. Before I could say anything, Sungyeol placed the spoon back into my mouth, and I felt my buds dancing at the taste once more. This repeated for quite a while, until I finished the soup. We didn’t talk however, but the silence between us didn’t make the atmosphere awkward or anything. I felt something dab on my lips, only looking up to see Sungyeol holding a piece of tissue with a grin on his face.

 

“There!” Sungyeol stood up to place the used-tissue in the bin, and I took this moment to look around his room. For someone as childish as Sungyeol, his room was really clean. I eyed the bookcase which was filled with books, as well as a grand table that was occupied with stacks of papers. That reminds me.

 

“Sungyeol, what did you do about the garden?” I saw Sungyeol organising the papers, and thought that he might’ve not heard me. I opened my mouth again, but I got cut off before I said anything.

 

“I cleaned the rest of the mess,” I heard no change in his tone, but his reply almost sounded monotone-like. “Why do you ask?”

 

“Nothing, I was just wondering that’s all,” I looked down to see my left hand bandaged really neatly. I tried lifting it up; it was a bit sore but it didn’t hurt a lot. “What happened?”

 

The brown-haired boy stopped, and turned around so that he was facing me, placing his hands on the edge of the mahogany table. “Oh I don’t know. You showed me how to use a paper picker incorrectly, you fell over it and got your back and left hand injured. For some reason the Gods decided it was a perfect moment to rain so I carried you to my car and fixed your injuries here,” I looked down, trying to absorb what Sungyeol just said. “Since you were asleep and all, I went back to school to finish off the mess. When I got home again, I made some chicken soup in case you might’ve caught a cold.”

 

I looked back at Sungyeol who returned back to organising the papers. I leaned forward and touched my back with my right hand to realise that it was bandaged as well. “Why though? You could’ve just taken me to the nurse! And why aren’t you as loud and obnoxious as usual?”

 

Sungyeol gazed at me for five seconds or so before harshly placing down another set of papers on his table. I flinched at the sudden action and saw that he was walking towards the door, only to stop when his left hand was on the handle.

 

“Consider this Kim Myungsoo, I’m not as stupid and immature then you think I am. If you haven’t forgotten we’re practically the same age, so don’t think that I’m some kid who can’t look after himself or other people when he wants to,” With that, he opened the door and took a step before speaking. “I already contacted your brother; he advised that you stay here for the night. I’m just going to grab your clothes and other stuff. Just don’t do something stupid, and stay in bed; your back needs all the rest it can get.”

 

“Yah! Wait!” I was about to step out of bed until I saw the sharp look that Sungyeol gave me. Pouting, I pulled back the covers and crossed my arms in annoyance. “What about your parents? And how do you know Sunggyu’s number?”

 

“They won’t mind; they’re not here either, but I already informed them. And about Sunggyu, you’d have to ask Woohyun hyung about that.” My head lifted at the sound of Woohyun’s name. That’s crazy; Sunggyu hyung despises him with his guts! How did that lover-boy managed to get his number?

 

“Hey that’s unreal, Sunggyu doesn’t even like Woohyun,” Sungyeol gave me a smirk and I eyed him suspiciously. I pointed at him, then pointing back to the chair that he sat; I did that roughly four times before Sungyeol gave in. I clapped my hands like a little girl, ruffling Sungyeol’s hair when he sat down. He looked at me and raised a brow.

 

“And they call me a choding,” I grinned at his comment, and played with my fingers, wondering on what I should ask him.

 

Wait, why did I want him to be here with me again?

 

“You know, me and my friends aren’t bad people.” I turned my head back to him who had his arms behind his head, viewing the ceiling. I leaned back, my attention still on him.

 

“I didn’t say that. I never regarded you guys as bad anyways,” I played with the hem of my shirt, but I can feel Sungyeol’s eyes on me.

 

“Then why are we ‘rivals’ hmm? We don’t hate you that much, and you just admitted that you think we’re not bad people,” I my lips, trying to think of something to say back, but Sungyeol suddenly spoke up. “If there was any competition among mine and your ‘group', it would be between Woohyun and Sunggyu. Heck, it might be Sunggyu who think there’s competition because Woohyun adores him! There’s nothing else that we-”

 

“So are you saying that it’s my brother’s fault then? That he’s the reason why we can’t get along?” I glared with nothing but pure annoyance and irritation. “The only reason why I think you’re stupid and obnoxious is because you don’t think. I don’t know what goes in your stupid head, but don’t act like you know everything.”

 

 Minutes passed and the only thing that could be heard was the pattering of the rain. Funny, I didn’t hear that before. I was still pissed off at Sungyeol for saying rash words, who does he think it is? I moved away from after what I said and played around with my fingers.

 

“I’m sorry,” I watched Sungyeol brought his hands together and tried to fix his eyes onto mine. I held my head high and smirked that he finally admitted that he was wrong. “But I didn’t mean to accuse Sunggyu hyung or anyone, so don’t think I’m the only one at fault here.”

 

I scoffed, how could this guy be so stupid?

 

“Apology not accepted. It was clear you meant to insult Sunggyu hyung, you’re just upset that you can’t admit the fact that you’re wrong and I’m right.”

 

“If I was wrong, then I would’ve admitted that. I’m not that low.”

 

“Oh really now? Then apologise properly then! You insulted my brother and-”  

 

“I never meant to insult your brother!”

 

“I heard what you said!”

 

“And you heard it wrong!” I glared at Sungyeol who was also glaring back at me with the same level of anger. I was standing up right now, despite Sungyeol’s comments about staying in bed. My back was killing me but I didn’t care. “I’m the only one who can’t think right? Pfft, think again Myungsoo. You assumed what I said wrong because I never say comments about someone who I don’t know!”

 

I took a step back and sat down on the bed. I didn’t want to say it but Sungyeol was right. I felt the guilt churning in my throat and before I knew it, I heard footsteps. I saw Sungyeol walking towards the door again, and I opened my mouth again to stop him. I felt nothing come out which surprised me. I was never lost for words, especially for a guy like Sungyeol!

 

“W-wait. Sungyeol!” He stopped at the sound of my voice but I could see him fiddling with the door handle. I took a deep breath and swallowed my pride.

 

I can’t believe I’m actually doing this

 

 “I’m sorry.”

 

 

 

Sungyeol's P.O.V

 

Did I hear that right? Did the Kim Myungsoo actually apologise? Okay it wasn’t that audible, but it was loud enough so that I could hear it. I turned around and saw that Myungsoo was looking at me, his lower bitten. I smirked and leaned on the door.

 

“Where’s the cool and cheeky Myungie I know?” Myungsoo just scoffed and sat back down on the bed. I remained in my position until I decided to sit back on the same chair for the third time. “We’re not different you know Myung.”  

 

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo. Look at me,” I frowned when I saw him roll his eyes but nevertheless he still obeyed. “Let’s stop all this drama, and just get along.”

 

Myungsoo widened his eyes before narrowing them into slits. “You’re kidding, right Yeol? Our friends wouldn’t like it, and you know that.”

 

“So? They’ll learn to accept it. And remember what you said? You don’t think we’re bad people and vice versa.”

 

“We’re not meant to get along! Hence the reasons why we can’t stand each other, doesn’t that ring a bell Owlie?”

 

“Pfft, since when was it against the law for us to be friends?”

 

“It’s the rules!”

 

“Don’t be such an idiot Myung. Aren’t we allowed the break the rules we created?” 

 

 


DVG1004: Just to let you know, the 'rules' that Sungyeol mentioned isn't technically the rules I mean in the title. What do I mean? Yea, that's for you guys to find out. Yea, there wasn't as much 'comedy' and funny parts but I tried. This isn't the end of the day by the way! Or is it? Anywho, I hope this update wasn't that bad! Perhaps there's something important about this chapter ;) I didn't proof-read properly so sorry for the weird mistakes!
Please subscribe and comment! (Comments motivate me and they make me happy :3)
Now here is the part with random GIFS that don't make sense whatsoever>:D


L photo kpop-fangirl-gif-i9_large.gif

Wooyoung xD (crossdressing) photo tumblr_m0psorbtox1qct9gpo1_r2_250.gif

 

Jokwon photo tumblr_m03g3rAJBx1r0855y.gif

Thank you to the 12 new subscribers! [Throws hearts]

Till then~