Six.

Crossing Boundaries

 ♦♦♦ Chapter Six ♦♦♦


As much as Chanyeol loved having Baekhyun's cheek pressed against his chest, arms wrapped around him so early in the morning, he had to go. With a heavy heart, he gently tried to pry off Baekhyun's arms from around him, but the smaller groaned in his sleep, snuggling closer and wrapping his arms tighter around his source of warmth. Chanyeol sighed, running his free hand (the one that wasn't around Baekhyun) through his bed hair and tried another method. He poked Baekhyun on the nose, making the boy in his arms scrunch up his nose in annoyance.

"..., stop it, you idiot..." Baekhyun mumbled, lips pouting as he sleepily swatted Chanyeol's hand away, snuggling closer again and dozing off.

"Baek,  I really don't want you to, but please let go. I need to go to work." Chanyeol mentally allowed himself to fanboy for a few seconds at how they sounded like a married couple.

"...don't wanna." The shorter boy shook his head, finally starting to wake up as he puffed his cheeks and pouted.

Chanyeol smiled a little, then smirked as an idea popped into his mind. He hastily pinched Baekhyun's nose, and they stayed still for a moment until the shorter boy sat up, massaging his nose and glaring daggers at Chanyeol. He quickly slapped him on the chest, and Chanyeol winced, faking to be in immense pain.

"Yah! What the , Park Chanyeol?! I couldn't breathe!" Baekhyun complained, still glaring at the taller boy.

"Well, you hit me! It hurt!"

"I hit you after you freaking suffocated me, idiot!"

They stared at each other for a few more seconds until Baekhyun muttered a quiet 'what are we even doing', then Chanyeol burst out laughing, the other following soon after with hushed giggles. Chanyeol pulled him back into his arms, and Baekhyun willingly complied, folding his arms over Chanyeol's chest and resting his chin on his hands. Chanyeol wrapped one of his arms around Baekhyun, running circles on his back and eliciting a smile from the other.

"Good morning, Yeol." Baekhyun whispered softly, and he leaned forward and planted a peck on the other's lips.

"That's pretty late, but good morning to you, too, baby."

"So, you're going to work?" Baekhyun absent-mindedly reached out his hand, running his fingers through Chanyeol's brown locks and laughing at his ridiculously cute bed hair.

"Yeah, about that..." Chanyeol suddenly looked uncomfortable and guilty, and he sat up, Baekhyun still in his arms.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Baekhyun looked up at him, brows creasing in confusion.

"I, uhh...I'll be gone for four days, Baek."

Baekhyun stared at him blankly, eyes blinking as he finally processed his boyfriend's words. Four days. Chanyeol was leaving him. Again. He knew it was for work, and he knew Chanyeol had no other choice, but he couldn't help but feel that little twinge of sadness and longing. He nodded his head, looking down and squirming out of Chanyeol's hold, much to the taller boy's panic.

"B-Baek, wait, are you upset?"

"It's okay. It's your job." Baekhyun slid off the bed and headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth, pulling up his sweatpants (or Chanyeol's, since he just borrowed it) to avoid tripping on the excess length.

"Baek, you're upset. . You know what, forget this job, I'll stay behind and have someone el--

"No, you're not doing any of that. You're going to work." Baekhyun said firmly, throwing Chanyeol a judging look.

"But you're upset...and I want to be with you, too..." Chanyeol pouted, and the shorter of the two rolled his eyes.

Baekhyun sighed, folding his arms over his chest as he leaned on the doorway of the bathroom. He looked at Chanyeol who was pouting at him.

"Look, I want you to stay, too, but you're already being observed by that HQ or whatever, and I don't want you to get into trouble. I'm not upset, I'm just...I miss you already, but I'll-- we'll-- be fine once you come back. Okay?" Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol slid off the bed and headed towards him.

Chanyeol pulled him into a hug, arms wrapping around his shoulders, face pressed on the top of his head. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's waist, nuzzling the taller boy's neck and smiling as he rested his head against his shoulder, and he glanced up to see Chanyeol smiling at him. This is what Baekhyun left the past for: his Park Chanyeol.

"Don't get into any trouble, okay, my little vixen?" Chanyeol murmured, lips brushing against Baekhyun's forehead.

"I won't. Just come back to me, my stupid giant." Baekhyun found himself giggling at the nickname that only Chanyeol used on him.

"I don't even have a choice. I'm stuck with you, and I prefer it that way." His warm lips pressed gently on Baekhyun's forehead, and the shorter boy smiled at the warmth that spread on his skin.

They felt a little silly for being over dramatic and cheesy about a freaking four-day job, but who would blame them? They needed each other like oxygen, and one moment without the other will be suicide (sort of). Chanyeol planted another kiss on Baekhyun's forehead, and Baekhyun hugged him tighter.

"I'll wait for you."


"Hey, pretty. Where's Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes before turning to Chen who was, for some odd reason, sprawled on the floor with his limbs spread out, his eyes fixed on the ceiling. An hour had already passed after Chanyeol and Suho's departure, and he was already bored as .

"He's at work." Baekhyun quipped, watching Chen roll around on the floor.

"When are they coming back? I need Suho's wallet. I want to eat something."

"Ew, get your face out of the carpet. They're not coming back for four days, Chen."

"They aren't? That ." Chen propped up his elbows and watched as Baekhyun crossed his legs, throwing back his head on the sofa and staring at the ceiling.

"Where are the others? It's so quiet."

"Work, too, I guess."

"And you?"

"I'm skipping on my work. I hate going to the Dark Age. Do you know how freaking dirty it is there? Ugh."

"Cool. You get to go to the Dark Age. How does time-dropping work anyway?" Baekhyun looked back at Chen, eyes bright.

"We study. We don't just jump off buildings, if that's what you're thinking. We study, and we get specific watches made for us, like this." Chen held up his watch, turning it around for Baekhyun to see.

"Ooooh...so, nobody has the same watch?"

"Nope."

"Cool."

"...you want to go outside? I'm dying over here."

"I thought you'd never ask." Baekhyun grinned, jumping off the couch as Chen pushed himself up.


Baekhyun didn't know how he got separated from Chen, but he did anyway. He could read the signs and all that, but he had forgotten to ask Chen for some spare change just in case he got lost (which he did). He decided to just sit down and wait for Chen to find him (despite the idiot's high tendency of pulling pranks, he was still smart). He took a seat on a random crate in a corner, kicking random pebbles on the floor.

"Hey, oppa? Are you lost?"

Baekhyun turned to the side to see a little girl, around the age of six or seven, looking at him inquisitively. Her black hair was tied up into cute little pigtails and she was wearing a simple set of school uniform. She had her hands behind her back as she looked at Baekhyun with her ice-blue eyes which he found really unsettling and inhuman, but he shrugged it off.

"Uhm, hi?" Baekhyun cocked an eyebrow, and the little girl laughed.

"Pretty oppa's really pretty. You shouldn't hang around here." She quickly grabbed Baekhyun by the hand and pulled him up, the boy surprised at the girl's strength.

"Hey, wait, yah!"

"Come on, I'll help you meet up with your friend again. Just promise me we'll become friends, and do things that friends do!"

Baekhyun let himself be pulled through the crowd, and soon, he could see Chen's 'I'm FAB' cap standing out in the crowd. The girl stopped pulling him, and turned around, grinning up at Baekhyun again.

"I really like your hair, oppa! Maybe I should get mine dyed like that." She giggled, and Baekhyun found her really adorable.

"Your hair's perfect that way. Uhm...who are you, by the way?"

"I'm Ae-In. Oppa, don't tell anyone you met me, okay? It's our secret. See you soon!"

Baekhyun watched as Ae-In ran off, disappearing into the crowd. Before he could call out to her, he felt Chen's hand grab him by the shoulder, turning him around. Chen had a really worried look on his face, and he sighed at seeing Baekhyun again.

", don't just disappear like that, Baekhyun."

"Sorry."

As they walked back to their house, Baekhyun frowned, wondering why the girl wouldn't want to let their little meeting to be known. Shrugging it off as Ae-In hiding something from her parents, he smiled, elbowing Chen and teasing him about how much of a worrywart he was.


Suho eyed Chanyeol, amused at the boy's constant checking of his watch. Shaking his head, he nudged the younger on the shoulder, and Chanyeol scowled as he lost his balance. Suho chuckled, slipping his hands into his pockets and looking up at Chanyeol knowingly.

"Time won't speed up even if you keep checking the time, Chanyeol."

"I know that, Suho."

"But keep holding on, we're already through with day one. If we work harder and if we find Subject A faster, then we might be able to go home sooner."

"...yeah, let's do that."

"I'm aiming for that, too, as much as I love seeing your agitated expressions." Suho dodged a jab from Chanyeol, chuckling.

"I hope he's doing fine."

"Everyone's there with him, Baekhyun will be fine, Chanyeol. Stop worrying." Suho patted him on the back, and Chanyeol nodded.

"...yeah, you're right..."


A/N: I'm back! This story is starting to become so random =))) but hey, my random ideas somehow end up being better than my planned ones so meh =))) Don't hate the little girl if you smell something fishy about her. She's....well, you'll all find out soon. :p Thank you for the comments, love and subscriptions! Keep 'em coming. :D Just like $uho, mahal ko din kayo~ ♥ (That's I love you in Filipino, in case you didn't know :p)

Meanwhile, if you haven't yet, go check out my mpreg BaekYeol fic! Go go go go~ /pushes you loljk im sorry/

We're Going To Be Daddies?!

if there are typos, i'll edit them out tomorrow. i need to sleep~