Four.

Crossing Boundaries

♦♦♦ Chapter Four ♦♦♦


Chanyeol felt his mouth go dry as he stared at his friends, trying to process their words for the nth time. Xiumin stared back at him, a look of apology and worry on his face, while the others stood behind him, afraid of Chanyeol's inevitable outburst. Suho and Kris casually but firmly placed their hands on Chanyeol's arms, holding him in place just in case he decided to knock the living daylights out of Xiumin.

Chanyeol swallowed, closing his eyes and looking down. He took in deep breaths, trying to remain calm as he spoke, and he noticed how his voice was slightly shaking. He clenched his fists, willing himself to ing remain calm.

"You're kidding, right? You...this is all Baekhyun's idea of a joke, right? Xiumin, this is a joke, isn't it?" He said, his voice low as he looked up again.

"We wouldn't kid about things like this, man. Look, we didn't even think he'd suddenly disappear! We...we looked all over for him already. We can't fin--

"God ing damn it! Where the hell is Baekhyun?!" Chanyeol stepped forward, only to be held back by Kris and Suho.

"Calm down, Park Chanyeol. Instead of getting mad at them, you should be looking for him. They wouldn't lose him on purpose, and you know that." Kris reminded him, his grip firm.

Chanyeol bit his lip, and indeed, he knew that his friends wouldn't do it on purpose. But he was just so frustrated and confused and it Baekhyun just where the hell are you?!

"I'm sorry, guys..." Chanyeol groaned, sighing as he pulled his arms free from his friends' hold.

"It's okay. You have every right to get mad." Tao quietly said from behind Xiumin, his hands clutching on to Luhan's shirt.

"We'll help you look for him, Chanyeol. Come on. He must be scared or something. Seoul isn't exactly the same as it was one-hundred and thirty-two years ago." Chen was the first to break away from the huddle, striding over to Chanyeol and pulling him by the arm.

"...God, I hope he's okay...if he's hurt...if--

"Nuh-uh. Chanyeol, shut your trap and let's go look for him. You don't need thoughts like that because Baekhyun will be okay." Chen grinned at him, his steps going faster as Chanyeol nodded.

"You're right. Baek's okay. Baek's fine."


Well, if Baek's fine meant Baekhyun running away from the building's security because he was trespassing on private property and ultimately finding himself in trouble because of a gang who hated blondes (people are weird that way), then by all means, Byun Baekhyun was absolutely and perfectly fine.

He curled up beside a garbage box in a secluded alleyway, willing himself to shrink or something because he was in no mood to get beat up by some anti-blond gang. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around his head, trying to conceal his blond locks as he heard voices nearing the alleyway. He held his breath, staying still and letting himself relax as soon as the voices moved on.

He got on his knees and looked around, checking if the coast was clear, and once he deemed it safe enough, he dashed out of the alleyway and into the busy streets of night time Seoul. It wasn't the same Seoul from 2013, and he was disoriented from all the lights and noise. He kept close to the walls, afraid that he'd get lost in the crowd. He mentally slapped himself and groaned. Who was he kidding? He was already lost as .

He felt his stomach rumble, and he pouted. He suddenly remembered D.O.'s offer of dinner, and he felt like crying. How stupid was he that he actually ran away?

"I want to go home..." He mumbled glumly, and shrieked when somebody pulled him into an alleyway. Why was there so many alleyways here anyway?

A hand clamped over his mouth, and he felt himself being dragged deeper into the dark. He struggled free, tried to bite his assailant's hand, kicked his legs-- to no avail. The arms around him were too strong, and he only realized too late that the hand clamped down on his mouth had a handkerchief. He soon felt dizzy, and as much as he tried to fight the drug, it was useless.

Everything went black.


"Have you seen this boy, noona?"

Chanyeol was on the verge of tears, a photo of Baekhyun in his hand as he asked around town. Sooyoung, the girl who ran the local bakery shop, squinted as she peered at the photo. With a pout and a finger pressed on her lips, she shook her head.

"Sorry, bro, I haven't seen him. What's wrong?" She asked, slipping a carton of milk and a loaf of bread into a paper bag before shoving it into Chanyeol's arms, the boy nodding his head in thanks.

"H-he's...he's not from here, and now he's lost and...oh God, is he going to be okay? Noona, are you sure you haven't seen him? He's kinda short, and he's wearing eyeliner, and he's blond--

"I'm back, es! God, the train was ing jam-packed. I felt like I was in a can of sardines and-- oh, hello, Yeol! What's up?" Sunny strutted into the bakery, waving at Chanyeol happily before bouncing to the spot beside Sooyoung.

"Sunny-ah, have you seen this boy?" Sooyoung quickly asked, pointing at the picture in Chanyeol's hand.

Sunny leaned over the counter and her face scrunched in confusion as she stared at the picture. She tilted her head to the side, looking at Chanyeol questioningly.

"I saw some dude earlier carrying someone that looks so much like this boy." She mused, and Sooyoung had to hit Chanyeol with a baguette to calm him down.

"Where'd you see them? Noona, where?! When?!" Chanyeol asked frantically, and Sunny blinked her eyes in confusion.

"I-I, uh, at the alleyway near Seventh Heaven, just a while ago. I thought this boy was drunk and his friend was helping him so I gave no at all and...oh my gosh, Yeol, was I supposed to do something then? Oh my God, I'm sorry!" Sunny squeaked, hands going to as she looked really remorseful.

"It's okay, noona, but I have to go now. Thank you so much!" Chanyeol blurted out, jumping off his seat as he exited the bakery, leaving a panicking Sunny and a confused Sooyoung.


"She saw what?!"

Xiumin slapped Chen on the back of the head to shut him up as they ran as fast as they could to Seventh Heaven, a famous bar in Seoul. Chanyeol remained quiet, trying to think logically but failing as he thought of all the possible things that Baekhyun could have gotten himself into. He had filled his friends in on the details as they ran, and Chen was the first to screech and panic like a girl at the information.

They soon arrived at the secluded place, the lights and noise coming from the building unbelievable. The place didn't look safe at all, and if Baekhyun had somehow wandered to this place, then .

"Guys, spread out." Kris ordered, and their teamwork was evident from that point on.

No inch was left untouched, no box left unturned, no door left unopened. That was why when Sehun found a locked door with an undeniably familiar jacket lying crumpled on the ground, he called for the others, pointing at the door suspiciously and handing the jacket to Chanyeol. The taller boy took one look at it, and his foot instantly connected with the door, kicking it open.

"Let's go kick some motherers." Chen said as they all walked in, not bothering to close it.


Baekhyun woke up feeling like . His head felt like exploding and he felt cold, what with his shirt ed and-- good lord why is my shirt open?! His eyes snapped open, looking around frantically and discovering himself sitting in the middle of an empty room, hands bound and mouth covered with a stinking cloth. He tried to wriggle free from the constraints, but he was either too weak to actually break from them, or the bonds were just too strong.

He started panicking, unaware of what was happening. He heard footsteps, and he turned to see a door opening. He watched, wary, as a man probably a few years older than him entered, a smirk on his face. Baekhyun glared at him, trying to move back and put some distance between him and the stranger.

"Hey, pretty. Want to have some fun?" He asked, pulling the cloth on Baekhyun's face down, the blond scoffing at him.

" you." Baekhyun tried to look strong, but his heart was beating like crazy and he wanted to cry.

"How about we do it the other way around?" The stranger stepped closer, and Baekhyun flinched away.

"Don't you ing step closer to me, you dumb ." Baekhyun spat at the stranger's shoe, and the latter clicked his tongue.

"Well, I've always liked my es rough and feisty. I hope you like it rough, honey."

The stranger grabbed Baekhyun by his collar and pulled him up, the blond cringing as the fabric of his clothes painfully dug and pressed into his skin. He bit his lip, thrashing around wildly as the stranger held him up.

"Let me go, you ! Let me ing go this instant, you dumb ! I'm going to crush your balls if you don't let me go right now!" Baekhyun screamed, but the stranger just laughed.

"Scream all you want, but I'll have you screaming for me later when I have my way with you."

"Screw you, you dickwad! I'm not screaming for you, you idiotic !"

"I beg to differ." The stranger suddenly pushed Baekhyun against the wall, making him hit his head on the wall.

Baekhyun blinked, the pain making him lose his sudden surge of energy from earlier, only to be replaced by dizziness and that hurts. The stranger leaned closer, and Baekhyun could smell his breath-- guess he ate burgers earlier. A hand roamed his bare and exposed chest, and Baekhyun wanted to cry. The stranger leaned closer, and he almost kissed him. Almost.

Baekhyun's captor suddenly fell to the ground in an unconscious lump, and the blond gasped in relief as he saw none other than Chanyeol standing in front of him, the taller boy's position giving away the fact the he was the one who knocked the stranger out. In a heartbeat, Baekhyun was in Chanyeol's arms, the smaller boy sobbing uncontrollably. Chanyeol signalled to the others behind him, and they nodded, dragging the unconscious stranger out with them, leaving the two alone.

Chanyeol quietly freed Baekhyun from his constraints, and Baekhyun automatically threw his arms around Chanyeol's neck, nuzzling him and crying. The taller boy s his arms around the other's waist, leaning on a table and breathing in the blonde's scent, glad that he was alright.

"Byun Baekhyun, explain yourself." Chanyeol said quietly, and Baekhyun sobbed harder.

"I-I just wanted to go back home so that n-nobody would get hurt anymore but then I d-didn't know how and then that dumb took me and oh my god Chanyeol thank you for saving me. I was almost ...oh my God." Baekhyun was a sobbing mess, and Chanyeol couldn't find it in him anymore to get mad at Baekhyun (he was planning on doing that as punishment for running away, but Chanyeol's a softie when it comes to a certain blond).

"I won't let anything happen to you, baby." He whispered, planting soft kisses on the side of Baekhyun's face.

"...I can't stay here, Yeol." He said quietly, and Chanyeol tightened his hold on him.

"Yes, you can. I'll make it work, I promise."

"But you could die...I don't want that." Baekhyun looked at him sadly, and all Chanyeol could do was kiss him softly on the lips.

"Don't go, baby. Don't leave me." He whispered onto Baekhyun's lips, eyes closed and heart beating like crazy.

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun whined, bent on leaving.

"I love you, baby. Please?" Chanyeol nuzzled Baekhyun's cheek, pulling him closer.

"I love you, too, but...I don't want to be a selfish little , Yeol...I...I need to go." Baekhyun sounded pained, and his grip on Chanyeol tightened as took in a shaky breath.

"No, you don't need to go, Baek. I'm here." The taller boy said firmly, looking at Baekhyun in the eyes.

"But--

"I told you, I won't let anything happen to us. Trust me." He peppered Baekhyun's face with soft kisses, and he heard Baekhyun sigh softly.

"...okay."


A/N: Whew, crappy update, I know (I don't even know what happened here lol). But anyway, I'm sorry if I keep confusing everybody with my time-garble and all that. I just want to make everything as believable as possible, I guess? Because I really want this one to make sense as it's been a goal of mine to write something about time-travel with my OTP in it lol plus, you know how when you're writing and you just get into the mood sooo much you end up blabbing too much than necessary? Yeah. =))))

Thanks for reading this...this...thing. ♥ I appreciate it, my loves! Please please please please comment because they are my drugs and they're what inspires (read: pressures lol) to update faster and write better. ♥