Epilogue

Whose Existence Vanished

Here you are. The very last thing of this fanfic. 
Don't ask for more, i won't do it. Haha. the outfits they wear while in the castle are the ones like Sunggyu has on fromt he forward page. That concert dress, yum. haha 
Thank you to everyone who's been reading and enjoying this. I've had a fun time writing, but now it's time to end the fun times. Lol. I've go too much on my hands right now. 
But fret not, after i get myself in order, i will be starting a new one. 
Yes i have another idea already. I hope you guys might stick around to find out sooner or later. 

But for all things worth, thank you so much for everything. See you soon. 

 

Enjoy this last one! 


 

Whose Existence Vanished

 

Epilogue

 

When you step into the small village of Tipa, you feel a certain atmosphere of home. The village sat on the end of the Peninsula of Lyvriè that if you went on southeast, you’d go into the Sounds Sea and toward the Kilanda Isles.

Once entering the village, you’d be met by the Town Square, in front of you the village crystal and Village Head House. Beyond are the small farm lands that the crystal covered, and to the left is the Jagon River, where the fishermen live. To your right is the market.

But if you keep trekking behind the markets, following a small pebbled road toward the fields of grass and wild flowers, stands two buildings. One a short and square office, a big wooden sign on the top neatly written ‘Dandelion Delivery Service Post Office’; and the other a cute two story house behind it.

The house was not extravagant, but homey. It looked warm and cute, like the two people who built it. Many locals would walk the nice breezed road to come and request a delivery to be sent; whether across the country or the next town. It could be a letter or package, ranging sizes and materials used. The person who ran that service took each request with heart, and sent each and every delivery with care and timing.

He was never late, nor did he break. Though the tiring treks made the man falter steps and even collapse at times, he never dropped a delivery for home. Sticking to the route and making on time miraculously.

The Leader once met someone. Someone who was very naïve and childish. Even more so than his cat companion. He trained the dark-haired man out of pity at first, but soon grown a liking to the certain guy. The stranger had perks, many, and could annoy him to the edge.

He beat him a couple of times out of rage and frustration, but never went too far. Usually dark bruises lasted only a week before they faded from view forever, unless he replaced them. They grew close in the most unimaginable way, and soon realized that the man’s life was in danger.

The owner didn’t seem like it at first, but he was worried. He stopped all deliveries and made the journey with the others toward the magical city of Shella. Though an eventful ship ride surprised the both of them, they made it in one piece and met with the Leader’s friend.

He was not cured though, and with the magician joining their quartet, they headed up to the North, Tierabia. The journey there was filled with troubles, even made the Leader depressed for mistake that was partially everyone’s fault. They were met with a thief, and together made their way up to the destination, hot springs.

Once there, they relaxed and met the Hot Spring’s second owner. But things were too happy at the end, where the Leader’s new found friend had to leave to solve the bigger cause.

They had confessed the two of them, like some love-sick book. It was sticky with grease and cliché, but all in all, they both loved each other.

Now, one has forgotten everything about this long journey. A full year locked away from his consciousness. Maybe with a little work, it could be unlocked again.

Just maybe.

.~.

“Sungjong, where’s Sunggyu?”

Woohyun sadly walked into the house holding groceries from the market. He sighed and plopped onto the chair, “Geez, I’m tired.”

“Really, Woohyun?” Sungjong snickered, “Just a few days back, and clearly you’re out of shape. Sunggyu won’t be too happy if your six pack is gone. He wouldn’t let a weaker body top him.”

“Shush you,” Woohyun scoffed, “I still have the body, just not the mindset. Maybe Hoya was right. I should have cut back on the cakes.”

“Fatty,” Sungjong whispered to him as he passed by to gather the stuff for dinner.

“Am not!”

It was just them three at the Service. Hoya left for Shella with Dongwoo; Woohyun very suspicious about their affairs. Sungyeol and Myungsoo had to go back to the North and run their business.

Woohyun stayed in the little house, Sungjong convincing Sunggyu, who still had no clue why the hell the Prince was in his house. He had made no development with his goal, and the fox kept wandering off here and there.

Deliveries were less, and Sungjong took it upon himself to go and send them. Much to say, Sunggyu has a small vacation because of this.

“I’ll be leaving on a trip tomorrow,” Sungjong told him, “You better do something about this before we get too busy.”

The Prince huffed, “Yeah, yeah. You don’t have to remind me.”

“Have you tried looking in the basin?”

“What?” Woohyun sat up, “What basin?”

Sungjong slapped his face, “The new one Gyu-hyung bought a while ago. It’s to the side of the house. He’s been spending lots of time there, you should check.”

He stood up to make his way, but stopped and asked Sungjong, “What’s he doing with a basin?”

“You’ll see when you get there.”

.~.

…What is this?

He turned the corner of the house outside to find his favorite fox with his jeans rolled up to his thighs and in the basin. The water just above his knees and strawberries littered the top. Sunggyu had his shirt tied to the back and sleeves rolled as well; bending over and his hands moving in the water.

“Sunggyu?” he called out, making the fox startled a bit and turn to him as he walked beside him, “What are you doing?”

“What does it look like, Woohyun-sshi?” the fox responded, “I’m cleaning the strawberries.”

Woohyun sighed with a crooked smile, Sunggyu was being silly. “Couldn’t you just wash them in the river?”

The other pouted a frown, turning to the Prince with his hands on his hips, “Now we would have to keep walking to the riverside to keep cleaning them. With this basin so close to the fire site, I can just walk over and refill my basket!”

Woohyun laughed, his husky voice reaching Sunggyu’s ears and he didn’t know, but Sunggyu looked away with a slight pink on his face. “Aww, you’re so cute, my fox. I will buy all the strawberries you want then.”

But the Letter Bee went back to whatever he was doing before, bending over to wash each strawberry that floated in the water with care and plucking off the leaves. Woohyun stayed still for a good ten minutes, watching that wiggle in the air whilst the fox kept on washing. Switch over, and Sunggyu was aware that the Prince was there, though not fully informed on what he was doing.

“Yah,” Sunggyu picked a strawberry and shoved it into Woohyun’s mouth, “What are you standing there for? You’re just mooching off me these past few days. Do some work while you’re here.”

Woohyun graciously accepted the berry, Sunggyu’s fingers in the process and the other retracted quickly. Chuckling a bit before swallowing, “I am working. As your personal Prince. After all, you own me.”

“Saying weird things again,” Sunggyu mumbled, “You’re not mine, for the last time. And I am not an object either. Shouldn’t you return to the castle and do whatever stuff there?”

“I’ve finished everything I needed to do there. After I finish with you again, I’ll be heading back with a partner by my side,” he smiled, wiping his mouth with a finger.

The fox huffed, “Who said I’m leaving? Who’d run this Service in my stead, and why would I even leave?”

“My, you ask a lot of questions when you’re normal, my fox,” the Prince shook his head, placing the same finger he wiped with mouth with onto Sunggyu’s, “You’ll know in due time. Though I still haven’t figured out how.”

“How about just telling me,” Sunggyu slapped his hand away, “Save a lot of time, and you can return alone.”

“Tsk tsk, Sunggyu,” the dark haired Prince smiled, “That’s not how it works. Nothing will come with me just telling you. You’ll just act like you know, but really you don’t. I know so.”

“You’re annoying,” the fox finally mumbled, and Woohyun started jumping up and down as he got out of the basin and put on his slippers. Taking a basket and picking the strawberries he wanted to eat. A fairly tanned hand came into view, and also started to take some.

“That’s great,” Sunggyu heard the other whisper to himself, on to his world little world now, “At least something is the same in your head.”

.~.~.

Days passed and only Sunggyu’s attitude changed toward him, not his memory. The fox got fed up with all the cheesy acts Woohyun did to him twenty-four seven, and even kicked him out of the house. Woohyun called this progress, but once Sungjong returned when that week was over, it was a complete mess.

Sunggyu would be constantly fed strawberries, since the Prince loved watching the other eat the little berries. It made his lips a tab bit redder and much sweeter when Woohyun stole kisses. The fox punched the guy in the gut every time he stole one though, either flustered or annoyed.

Sungjong gave a big lecture to Woohyun, saying Sunggyu should only be eating strawberries once and a while; to get other nutrients in his body. Or else their certain fox would just become a gluttonous fool for the fruit. Which he already was but it would just become worse.

The young cat restored order in the house, making Woohyun stay in his room, and not try to jump Sunggyu’s. Sungjong and his Leader separated to their own designated rooms as Hoya and Dongwoo would not be trusted in one room alone while visiting. Last time, Sunggyu threw a fit since he had not gotten a wink of sleep from the ruckus they made.

Sunggyu would eat anything, but only if it’s in arms reach. He returned with fresh vegetables and some meat; chicken, beef, lamb, or even fish. He told which Sunggyu would eat, and if you mixed some foods together, he wouldn’t. It was like explaining his pet or something.

Woohyun sat through each lesson; taking mental notes and following them suit. Sunggyu was back on track with his diet, though he didn’t know, and Sungjong could be relieved for once.

Though his Leader was still his boss, he got Sungjong’s schedule in order for their next trip out. Sunggyu couldn’t spend any more off days, the letters piling up in the office.

Woohyun was in a bind, he couldn’t go back to the castle and grab his uniform and Sunggyu was adamant he’d leave already. The Prince was stubborn and sat in front of his door for a good hour before Sunggyu let him stay, following them through the delivery.

He didn’t bring the chalice, since they were still going to be in Lyvriè; trying to detour Woohyun off, but the Prince stayed. His own little barrier helping him along the path. The crystal dangled from his neck, and the Prince smiled at him when he caught a glimpse.

Sunggyu still had no idea why the guy was so attached to him, but a feeling just came to his every time the smile came onto the other’s face. Making him want to smile as well, but it hurt as he suppressed it. The Prince was an enigma to him, he felt his heart lunge at certain words and found himself holding a breath as times.

The other kept calling Sunggyu ‘his’ and the ring was from him as well. He quickly switched the finger in which the ring was held, moving to his pointer finger. Sungjong had told him he should leave it on the ring finger, saying it looked nicer like that, but seeing Woohyun say it was from him; his heart fluttered and he quickly changed it.

He found himself staring at the engravings even more while out on the job. Woohyun was persistent, and only fell asleep beside him; Sungjong on the other side of the campfire. They were on the edge of a native village, and had to sleep under the stars rather than a motel.

Demon attacks were still a danger, but they were safe with the nomad’s small crystal. The tribe would move on tomorrow, this was just a pit stop home.

The ring soothed his heart, surprisingly. After a tiring day, usually he’d want to sleep right away. But even after Sungjong and Woohyun fell asleep, he stayed awake to stare at the words engraved inside.

He wondered why Woohyun put ‘Namu’ and if it was indeed himself labeled as ‘Gyu’. It was fitting, and he found himself mouthing the word ‘Namu’ when he was in thought, or just relaxing. He never moved his lips himself, his heart telling him to do so by feelings.

It didn’t stop at that. Staring at the Prince while he slept became a problem as well. He felt like some sort of stalker; many girls adored the Prince. They screamed when they entered Saffron City, swarming around the man. Sunggyu huffed and didn’t help him; something made him feel very frustrated at the thought of all those girls touching his… friend.

Sunggyu was also frustrated at himself. He had no idea why the hell he wouldn’t just drop the Prince back in the Providence. Something told him not too. Deep in his subconscious thoughts made him tolerate the actions of the Prince, and let him stay.

His heart was warmed every time he saw the smile, and the laughter calmed him enough to laugh along. The stolen kisses everyday really was something he silently looked forward too, even though he threw a fit every time.  He quite enjoyed the fact that Woohyun was there to hug him any time he wanted, though he’d never admit.

*

 

On the walk back home, Woohyun was mauled over by a crazy girl; asking for his heart and marriage like any other crazed mind would do. The Prince took it fairly calm, and turned her down gently.

But it was when she kept pursuing and trying Sunggyu got his nerves. He patiently waited for her to finally leave, but she stayed, clinging onto Woohyun’s arm. Just screaming for approval.

Sunggyu snapped, anger written in his eyes since Woohyun wouldn’t tell her off, “Leave us, will you! You annoying little !”

The girl glared back at him, but he was not taken aback. She smirked and clutched Woohyun tighter, “You’re just jealous that Hyunie loves me rather than you!”

Love? His heart faltered. What kind of ing ridiculous ideas is she spewing out?!

“Listen here, girl. I’ve got to go home,” he pulled Sungjong over, “So take the Prince and we’ll be going now. Bye.”

“Wait!” Woohyun gently pushed the girl off, apologizing, “Sorry, pretty lady, but I’ve already had my heart taken away.”

“What! Oppa why?” The girl cried, “Who took it?! I’ll win it back, I promise.”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep,” Woohyun’s words sounded strangely familiar, “And besides, you can’t win it back. I’ve been committed for far too long.”

The Prince walked over to him, hugging him instead so his back met the other’s chest, smelling his neck and made Sunggyu feel tingly. “This one right here owns me, sorry about that. You’ll have to try your luck with someone else.”

Sunggyu pushed his face away with warm cheeks, in the corner of his eyes the girl completely changing. He expected her to lash out or something, trying to kill him, but she just started giggling. Then eyed him weirdly.

“Oh my word, Woohyun-oppa! Have you done the dirty with him yet?” she squealed.

Sunggyu sputtered, shoving the Prince completely off and pointing a finger at her, “Don’t say such indecent things, young lady! I have no intentions of doing anything with this stupid idiot. If you would please put that mind back in place, I’ll be leaving!”

Sunggyu stomped away, with a laughing Sungjong behind him and a smiling Woohyun trailing his steps. He had no idea why, but he found himself smiling that night as well.

.~.

He was in a vast white field. Just standing while the winds howled against his hears. He shivered as the cold biting at his skin. He didn’t know where he was, somewhere North? Squinting, he saw a small tan cat, with a black-haired male wearing a white scarf, next to him a young witch.

He wanted to ask where he was, but his hand slipped through them, transparent and ghostly. He wanted to freak though it seemed normal.

Suddenly a figure wearing only a black t-shirt and shorts came from the air, spinning and then kicking the black haired man. He gasped, walking over to them as the demon shouted at the other.

It was then he realized it was himself.

“Stupid ----, you don’t leave without saying anything to me!”

The other words were lost in the wind, his head hurting and he grasped his skull to try and relieve it.

“You make this harder than it was already”

The deeper voice responded to ‘Sunggyu’, whose tail wrapped around the other man as they hugged.

“Then don’t leave…”

His own voice sounded broken and desperate, something he vowed to never do; but here he was, playing out in front of him like some book.

“Don’t make promises you won’t uphold.”

“I promise.”

He saw himself actually cry; shedding tears like a leaky faucet. He looked so pitiful and wrong, but his head started to hurt the more he denied it.

“Damn you for making me fall in love with you…You’re the biggest that I’ve met---- for taking away my heart”

Parts of his rant were drowned away by the high winds and he struggled to listen to the pair.

“…but I’ll have to put everything on hold. I’m sorry.”

“I love you.”

“Love you too, Sunggyu.”

At the last sentence, he realized the other was actually was Woohyun.

*

 

 Sunggyu awoke to the biggest head ache ever, as he struggled to stand from his own bed and stumble down the stairs. He missed a step and fell forward, bracing impact to the floor. Though it never came as a body ran beneath him and he landed on a firm chest.

“Ow,” the Prince groaned, “Okay, not the best idea but it works. Gyu, are you ok?”

Sunggyu stayed still with wide eyes, before sitting up and staring at Woohyun, “Who are you to call me Gyu? Thanks, I’m fine!”

He got up and scurried into the kitchen; Sungjong handing him a sourdough and white cheddar bread loaf. His companion questioned his flustered appearance, but he just stated he needed a cool bath.

The cat sighed, and pulled a chair open for Sunggyu; who sat gratefully. “Hyung, how are you feeling?”

“Why do you keep asking that?” Sunggyu angrily bit into his bread, swirling the cup of water in the other hand, “I’m fine, Sungjong-ah. Just worry about yourself, okay?”

Sunjong sat beside him, smiling and eating as well, “It’s not just me. Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Hoya hyungs want to know as well.”

“Know about what?” the fox snorted, “There’s nothing to update on. We’re just working.”

“No, Sunggyu-hyung, that’s not it,” Sungjong giggled, “It’s Woohyun. That’s why they’re so curious. They want to know if it’s working.”

Sunggyu raised his suspicions, “I don’t understand why it’s so interesting, me and Woohyun-sshi. You guys know something I don’t. Is it my memory?”

Sungjong clapped, “Very good job, Hyung! You got it, just like we thought you would. But it’s not my job to tell you, it’s Woohyun’s.”

“Always back to Woohyun-sshi. Seriously stop, I’m getting annoyed with how much he pops up in the conversation.”

“That’s only because he’s important to you,” the cat smiled, “You’ve felt it, if I’m not too far off. Though I assume you are just ignoring it. Don’t. Try to grasp it, Hyung. We all want that.”

“Really?” Sunggyu sighed, not so interested, “Whatever… Speaking of which, where the hell did that fool go? I thought I just bumped into him…”

“Woohyun left to go pick up something in town, I think,” Sungjong took a mouthful of water, “He said ‘Prince work’ or something.”

“He should just go back to the castle,” Sunggyu muttered, leaving the table with the dream lingering in his mind.

.~.~.

“What’s this?”

“It’s for you, honey buns.”

“Gross, don’t call me that. And bring this home.”

Sunggyu sat on the piano stool in the living room and Woohyun brought home the most ridiculous thing ever. Sungjong sat on the couch with a tray of tea for them.

The Prince stood happily in the middle, waving the item like retard, “Oh, come on Gyu! I went out of my way to go and buy this from my closest tailor, and brought it here in one piece! Sungjong has one as well.”

Sunggyu watched as he set aside the putrid thing onto his white love-chair to bring out a black tuxedo for Sungjong, “I think this will fit for you.”

The cat stood to take the suit and position it onto his body, “Yeah, it’s a good size. It’ll fit.”

The Prince smiled, bringing out his own white tux and placing it beside the awful object he bought for him, “Gyu~”

“No,” he snapped, “No way in any hell will I wear that, Woohyun!”

“No more –sshi?” Woohyun smiled, slipping into Sunggyu’s front and hugging the fox, “Gyu, please!”

Sunggyu pushed his face away, but the Prince only his hand, “Ugh. Woohyun, no. What kind of man wears that?!”

“My kind of man,” the Prince smirked and pecked his lips before jumping out of his range and laughed, “It suits you perfectly!”

“Does not!” Sunggyu yelled, huffing, “I am a man; not some girl!”

Sungjong giggled while filling the tea cups, “I think it suits you as well, Hyung.”

The fox gasped at the other, “I think it’d suit you more than me; after all you look more girly than me!”

“I don’t think so,” the cat sipped, “I am the man in my relationship.”

Woohyun clapped, oohing at Sungjong, “Whoa there, youngling. You top between you two? Props, man.”

“Don’t talk about such things in my house, you two!” Sunggyu threw his arms up, fuming, “God, for the last time, no Woohyun! I will not wear that!”

Woohyun stood, shifting his weight to one leg so a hip jutted out and scratched the back of his head, “I’ll make out with you again if you don’t wear it.”

“How about I kick you before you go near me?” Sunggyu growled.

“I’ll sleep in your bed again.”

“I can push you off.”

“I will hug you forever.”

“And I will bite you forever.”

“Ooh, .”

“No, Woohyun you’re wrong!”

Sunggyu stood with a huff and pink cheeks, “I’ll be outside.”

He left the room, leaving Sungjong and Woohyun in the living room. Sungjong sighed at Woohyun patting his back.

“If you two keep bickering, I think Sunggyu will just hate you.” He shook his head.

“He hated me at first too,” Woohyun smiled, “But it’s his way of loving me. I know.” He picked up the extravagant white dress with pale yellow accents, “Besides, he’ll look lovely in this.”

….

Sunggyu held his head while outside under the tree. The head ache has just been increasing in pain, and Woohyun’s stupid proposal with the dress just made it worse.   Images and different feelings wracked his brain whenever Woohyun talked to him.

Everything just connected to nerves and reacted to him, each word, every move, and the different actions; something triggered in his mind each time and made his mind hurt more. Sungjong said he forgot, but what? He was sure that he was just a messenger.

That dream last night though…

His mind became fuzzy, and vision blurred. He held his head and closed his eyes; his surroundings becoming disorientating as the world seemed to shift off balance and twist under him. He felt amongst a high velocity earthquake, shaking and trying to wake up; but couldn’t.

Everything was contained into him, but he wanted to just let it out. It hurt and he didn’t even know what he was holding in. From his head to his limbs, everything ached with a certain something and he longed for comfort.

He tried to think back to strawberries, or the deliveries he had to make but nothing seemed to work. If anything it just made it worse. He grasped the bark of the large tree trunk, trying to pull himself up and make his way to the river for a bath. The chill of the water was thought to take away the burning in his being.

His hand slipped, and he fell back into the dewy grass. His head seemed to just jumble up more and he groaned out.

“Clumsy Gyu, what are you doing?”

There it was; the voice. His heart panged again and he pried open his eyelids to glimpse at the dark haired male that kneeled beside him. He couldn’t utter a word, his head ache worsening by the second.

“Gyu?” Woohyun worriedly picked him up into his arms, Sunggyu too tired to even smack the guy, “Hey, say something. Anything. I don’t care if you insult me again, if you really don’t want to wear the dress, it’s okay. I’ll go get something else. Alright?”

But Sunggyu stayed still, his head in the crook of the other’s neck was far more comforting than the grass. He hadn’t thought the warmth would make him feel better, but all he wanted was for the pain to go away.

“As much as I feel honored to be your pillow right now,” Woohyun coughed out awkwardly, “You’re kinda scaring me with this sudden change.”

The fox regulated his breathing, purposely blowing against the skin to make Woohyun giddy. His tail swished out and curled around the Prince’s back, “Shut up and stay still.”

Woohyun.

 He’s the Prince but also…

Isn’t he

Just a stupid kid?

 

*

“Oh my gosh, Oppa just notice me already!” Sungjong snickered, mimicking a slight girl’s voice, “Sunggyu-oppa, why can’t you just remember me?”

Woohyun was holding his fox in a bridal style, walking into the house and met a smirking Sungjong.

“Be quiet, Sungjong,” Woohyun whispered. “And I do not sound like that.”

“But it’s exactly what you’re feeling.”

“…whatever.”

The Prince climbed the stairs into his ‘boyfriend’s’ room; closing the door behind him so Sungjong wouldn’t come in. Sunggyu fell asleep silently in his hold outside, and he had to take responsibility for putting his fox into so much pain. He placed the sound body onto the bed, sitting next to it as the tail moved from his waist to his arm.

“Sorry, Gyu,” he smiled fondly, moving his hand up to cup Sunggyu’s cheek, “I guess I lied about you not being in pain. It seems that’s all that you’re in now.”

His fox laid in peaceful sleep, the sweat on his brow gone and seemed to have calmed down. Before, it looked as if he was suffering from his head threatening to burst. Woohyun guessed it was from the restricted memories wanting to pry and break out.

“I’m here now, right?” Woohyun threaded his hand into the soft light, sandy brown strands of Sunggyu’s hair, “I wish you’d stop stressing and just let it be. Such a stubborn boyfriend I have.”

He chuckled a little bit to himself; picking up small pieces of hair and misplacing them. “I feel like I’m talking to myself, but I know you can hear me, even in your sleep.” Moving closer to place a chaste kiss upon those sinful lips again, “Because you’re mine and I’m yours. Isn’t that how it’s supposed to be?”

Woohyun pulled away, attempting to stand but was held back by a certain tail gripping his wrist tightly. He looked back, Sunggyu still sleeping soundly and he sighed. Going back to the bed and laid down beside him.

“Just say you want me. I know you want to,” he whispered, smiling while wrapping his arms around his fox again.

 

*

How about a couple months later?

 

“Aww, Hyung you’re cute!”

“Shut up, Sungjong.”

“My fox really is beautiful.”

“I’ll kill you in your sleep if you don’t be quiet.”

Woohyun was fretting over Sunggyu, who stood in the middle with the cursed dress on while Sungjong laughed on the couch. The deal was Sunggyu would wear the dress for Woohyun’s eyes, and he’d get his own uniform for whatever later.

“I’m sad though,” Woohyun hugged him again, “That I wouldn’t be able to show off my beautiful fiancé in a dress.”

Sunggyu knocked him in the head, “Who said I was your fiancé?!”

“Said this ring.”

Woohyun picked his hand, and kissed the ring finger that held the silver band. His own left hand having a similar ring sitting in the same spot.

Sunggyu rushed to slap his hand out and remove himself from the room to get out of the dress already. To say anything was wrong and all the kissing Woohyun was doing made his stomach churn with happiness.

He remembered.

Somewhat.

He knew what the Prince meant to him, and he remembered the end of their journey together. He didn’t remember how they met, or where they had gone before the Selepation cave.

Sunggyu could only recall from the wind born caves and forward; Woohyun’s confessions and his mind sorting things out. The almost ual assault and to the end, his own confession before Woohyun left.

You could say he was denying it, but he felt his face flush every time he thought of every kiss and hug they shared now; more intimate feeling that before. The ring on his finger seemed to warm his heart, and he quickly stripped out of the cloth.

What is this, a bride’s dress or something?!

He huffed as the dress finally peeled away from his frame and onto the floor, him stepping out and putting on some black clothing instead. He felt like Myungsoo, with all this black but really he just wanted out of the white.

Sunggyu wanted to go out, have a battle and kill something but really he had to stay home. His migraines would show up at any time and Woohyun wasn’t letting him out of his sight any time. Even now was rare since he was changing out.

“Gyu?” raps onto the door and a voice behind it asked, “Are you alright?”

Speaking of the devil…

He saw the knob starting to turn and he ripped the door open himself. Woohyun stared at him on the other side; disappointment written all over.

“Oh, stop that,” Sunggyu slapped his cheeks softly; “I’ll wear it if we’re ever alone, alright?”

Woohyun grinned, putting his hands over his, “We won’t ever be alone in this house.”

Sungjong popped up the stairs, snapping a photo of them, “Sunggyu-hyung remembers! Time to send a letter to everyone~ Hyung, get the dragon ready!”

The fox sighed, smiling himself and making his way downstairs; Woohyun tailing him, “You two are unbelievable.”

“On the contrary,” Woohyun slipped his arms around his waist and walked behind him at the bottom of the stairs, propping his chin onto Sunggyu’s shoulder, “I believe you are the most confusing ever.”

“How so?”

Woohyun exasperatedly let a tense breath out, “Look at how long it took you to remember. A year and eight months. I sigh at my work, only half your memory of me returned. I’m hurt.”

“Be lucky I even love you, you selfish brat,” Sunggyu swat his head. “All that head pain should’ve been something on my part to this.”

“Of course, my cute fox,” Woohyun kissed his cheek. “Everything you do will be for me only.”

The fox furrowed his brow, but felt the creek of heat on his face again, “Stupid, I still have to deliver letters. I’m the people’s messenger, not just yours.”

“But you admit you are mine,” he laughed, “I’m glad.”

“Whatever, you crazy Prince.”

Woohyun refused to let him go, so he had to walk outside awkwardly to whistle his dragon home. The Prince stayed glued to his back, and Sungjong snapped more photos from the camera Myungsoo sent him. A fair older brother, Sunggyu praised.

Hoya and Dongwoo said they’d meet up at the castle, so did the hot-spring couple.

They were meeting up for Woohyun’s crowning.

Sunggyu frowned as the dragon landed beside him after calling; she was close by. He patted the head, making sure it wouldn’t shoot fire at the person behind him. He just came to the resolution of love again, the second time in his life, and the Prince had to return to his royal line and take the next place onto the throne.

Sungjong took the little Polaroid photos and slipped them into two envelopes. He had written two letters and placed them into the rolls on the dragon’s carrier on its back. The magical beast flying back into the air after it received orders from the fox.

“Going to miss me?” Woohyun asked once Sungjong skipped back into the house.

Sunggyu placed a hand at the arms at his base, leaning back as his tail wrapped around the Prince, “Really, why do you always leave when I find out my own feelings.”

“I won’t be gone forever. It’s just a title,” Woohyun blew into his ear, “My parents will still be the head of all rules; I’ll just be the icon. You know?”

“But why are we all going?” Sunggyu pouted, “I don’t understand why you want me to stop all work to attend a party.”

“Because I need my lovely fox there! What kind of person would I be if I didn’t want my lover at my own ceremony?”

“You’re already weird enough,” the fox grumbled. “Seeing how you went for me.”

“Everyone would chase you if you weren’t running round all the time.”

“Should I be flattered?”

“Always.”

 

*

Sunggyu sat awkwardly, shifting every now and then underneath the weird looks and glances their group was receiving.

“Dongwoo, I really don’t like this.” He whispered.

The Magician laughed, patting his back for comfort, “It’s alright, Gyuzizi. These types events don’t really suit you anyways, no matter how nice you look in those clothes.”

“Well thanks. Way to boost my moral.”

“Anytime~”

They sat in the large hall, rows upon rows of chairs set up in the grand building. They sat at the front, the flower covered table was decorated with white and red rose petals and rose-hip tea was set to everyone.

Everything was rose colored and white; making the hall feel like an indoor garden. The dark wooden chairs and tables were easy to spot as the air was filled with a romantic feeling. It fit the Prince too well, even the title of Rose Palace made Sunggyu just slap himself by the thought.

They were dressed with white and gold lined uniforms. Nicely styled hair from Woohyun’s weird stylists. Sunggyu had a rather hard time letting someone else touch his head.

Representing the new King’s top line; not workers, but his friends. His council was to their back right, and parents to the back left. They were in the center, the front, and all the attention was concentrated onto the six people sitting at the only circle table in the hall.

“Sungjong,” Sunggyu whispered, poking the younger’s thigh, “Where’s your boyfriend?”

“Ah,” Sungjong smiled, “he isn’t fond of events like this. Stay home at our new house.”

“I don’t like events either, but look where I’m stuck at.”

Sungjong stayed mysterious about the man he was dating. Even said he was the dominant one; which Sunggyu disagreed on but was convinced otherwise. They bought a house in Saffron city, Sungjong will be leaving Sunggyu’s house but still working for him.

He told the fox that he’d bring in his boyfriend for training later. He was curious on whom it was, but for now it remains a mystery.

Sunggyu felt like his house will be more barren than before. Woohyun leaving for the castle, Sungjong moving on in his life; he was left for himself again.

How long has it been since I slept in an empty house?

He shook his head, and straightened himself on the chair. It wasn’t time to be depressed on his own problems; he should be happy for Woohyun’s crowning.

The other was becoming King on the country.

My lover is the King of the country…

He blushed and looked back down, making sure no one saw. Sunggyu was here as a friend, not a lover. It was never announced, and Woohyun hadn’t said anything about him in the castle. Only Hoya knew.

Though, Woohyun’s adviser would be moving to Shella with Dongwoo soon; and the castle would be left alone to the Prince.

Ahem, King.

Their suspicions were right, the Magician and Tan Cat working something out in the backgrounds. Sunggyu caught them kissing in the hall before that sat down, lecturing them about PDA.

He took another sip of the high grade tea; feeling as though he shouldn’t be as another glare was sent his way. He didn’t know who was looking at him, but he felt it. His tail twitched against the binding on his stomach, and he struggled to keep it under control. He hadn’t bound his tail in a while since Woohyun told him it was endearing and liked it.

So he left it out, though the childish Woohyun loved to the appendage and tease where it met his lower back. It was too sensitive there and sent shivers racking his body every time while they cuddled or did something intimate. Sunggyu would either slap him for doing so or become silent so he’d continue the pleasure.

It was dirty and Sunggyu had to cover his ear every time he let it continue so he wouldn’t hear his own moans. But it the feeling was equal to Woohyun touching him in those certain places. He’d get too fast if the Prince did that dirty move.

Again, King.

He sighed and set the cup down, the lights dimming and band beginning to stop playing the soft music. The current King and Queen, Woohyun’s parents, walked onto the stage in front of them, and many cheers rose from the crowd. Sunggyu clapped politely, as the others did at the table before the King’s booming voice filled the hall.

“My people thank you for joining this wonderful occasion!” he yelled, a smile so similar to his lover’s, “We’ll make this short and quick, then onto the party!”

The people laughed at their King’s humor, and the Queen took over, “We’ll be sitting through our son’s official crowning. So if you will welcome him onto the stage.”

The crowd clapped orderly after the Queen’s words. Sunggyu felt out of place as he clapped along; feeling self-conscious as his claps didn’t watch the tempo of the crowds. He wondered if they all had lessons in their pristine schools on clapping. He laughed at the idea.

Woohyun walked onto the stage, shining with that dazzling smile and perfectly fitted royal armor and the same silk white cape fluttering behind him off one shoulder. His eyes were caught on the mythril sword at his waist.

Isn’t that… mine?

He felt a sting in his head, holding it as Dongwoo send a worried glace. He smiled and shook his head, the pain only confirming that he was the one who gave that sword. Though he didn’t know when, if he felt any pain in his head, it just meant it was right.

The King and Queen said some vows that Woohyun had to uphold, and he responded with perfect answers that Sunggyu didn’t like. It seemed too formal for the usually happy and free person he knew. He liked to see Woohyun in such rich clothing, but he loved it the most in the mornings when Woohyun would wake up with a tired face and be wearing a simple white shirt and some shorts. Hair sticking up messily in any random order and kissing him a good morning.

The Priest walked onto the stage. Saying some weird things about God and upholding the righteousness of the country which Woohyun agreed on. Sunggyu frowned, not liking the church so much. They sat around reading bibles in the Providence, while in the Sections they said their thanks to the crystal through festivals instead. Sunggyu didn’t really like the idea of a greater power, since they were in constant danger. He had nothing against people in church; they can go ahead and pray all they want.

But Sunggyu just doesn’t want them judging him for his choice, and running to him when they are attacked and can’t do anything but recite lines from the book.

Suddenly the hall was filled with silence, and he looked around to find everyone gaping at the dark-haired man on stage. He was confused, since he really didn’t listen that closely.

“Um, my son, what are you saying?” the Queen tip-toes over with high heels and clack to the floor.

“I said,” Woohyun smiled down to him, “I’ll be marrying and leaving the castle for my life.”

He had a bad feeling in his gut again. The King smiled and laughed, bringing everyone into another shock. Sunggyu heard Myungsoo whisper something to his Selkie about the royal family being filled with loonies.

“Who is this you are to marry?” The Queen gasped, bringing a gloved hand over and Sunggyu couldn’t help but feel it was fake but her face told him it was actually real.

Wow, people actually do that.

Woohyun was still locking eyes with him, smiling and pointed over to him. “Of course, I’ll be marrying my lover.” He mouthed to come to the stage with him.

Sunggyu felt even more judgmental eyes burning through his back, silently cursing at Woohyun as he sunk a bit lower in his chair. Sungjong helped him up out of his chair, but he made no movement by himself as he was pushed onto the stage. Woohyun hoisting him up and hugging him from behind like he always does.

It made him feel just somewhat comforted, but still was angry at the stupid guy for making him the center of attention.

“This is my bride, Kim Sunggyu. I announce that I shall be heading off to live in Lyvriè with him until we are called back into the castle once mother and father leaves.”

Murmurs were head throughout the hall and Sunggyu could have sworn his cheeks had burned through the embarrassment.

The Queen frowned, “But Woohyun, I’d already prepared many girls for your engagement. Who is this?”

“Mother as I said,” his lover told her, “This is Kim Sunggyu, the love of my life. And I won’t accept no as an answer.”

Sunggyu laughed inside his head. God, Woohyun. Couldn’t I have met your parents in a more polite situation?

.

,`*-.~  \[*^ *\]

.

Once more, a year later.

The house on the edge of Tipa was filled with silence as the birds chirped in the high branches of the large tree in the field. The floors were clean from the other day’s cleaning, ashes at the fire place outside. A white piano sat in an unchanged living room, and upstairs now had two uninhabited rooms.

A couple laid in the master bedroom, tangled limbs in the king sized bed. The curtains flowed with the breeze for which the open windows let in fresh air.  Photographs in frames were placed on various shelves, counters and tables. Each holding a new memory the two and their friends created.

The dragon connected the four pairs, sending letters to each other and most of the time pictures from the North. A frame held the marriage picture of Sungyeol and Myungsoo; coupled in the beautiful expanse of white snow and dark trees. Another showed Hoya sitting with cat ears perked on his head; posing with a V-sign while Dongwoo hanged in the back from a star decoration on the side of the wall.

A frame on the counter showed Sungjong and his boyfriend eating ice-cream while posing nicely. Sunggyu thought the both of them as cute little brothers.

Finally, if you were to look on top of the piano, a lone photograph frame stood alone from the others. It held a flustered golden haired bride in an angel white suit as the groom hugged him with a smile from the back.

Noon was approaching and the two made no move to leave. The dark-haired man was laying on his back, the other man on top of him still asleep on the Sunday afternoon. He was the expanse of smooth skin of the other’s back, liking the way it felt under his fingertips. A tail was firmly wrapped around his waist as always, and strands of golden hair tickling his cheek as warm air was breathed onto his neck. Lazily closed hands were on his chest as the other continued to sleep on him.

They were both from last night’s activities. It getting out of hand when he pushed his lover a bit too far with it, and he fainted from over stimulation.

He sighed, blowing hair along with it. The feeling was enough to wake his lover from whatever sleep he always seems to love and he heard grunts while the fox was awakening. He laughed as the other grumbled out a good morning, and yawned; moving back into a position to sleep.

“No, Gyu, you can’t go back to sleep. We’ve got to file the letters. Sungjong and his boyfriend aren’t coming in today.” He whispered to his sleepy love.

Sunggyu slapped his mouth shut, groaning, “What did you do to me last night? Geez, my back is on fire…”

“I did everything you love, just a tad rougher than usual.”

“Stupid Woohyun,” Sunggyu picked himself up, only to groan and fall back onto him, “How the hell am I supposed to work like this?”

He chuckled with the husky morning voice, “Simple, we don’t.”

“If we don’t work, we don’t eat,” Sunggyu pouted, “And I want strawberries.”

Woohyun sighed at his partner, “If I feed you any more, your own will taste like those damn berries.”

“Ew,” Sunggyu pinched his side, “Don’t say such dirty things about them.”

“I’d rather lather you in them so you’d be sticky and sweet then you clean, if that’s what you want as dirty .”

“Woohyun!”

“Joking of course,” he laughed, “Maybe.”

“Unbelievable,” Sunggyu muttered, trying for the second time to get himself off the bed to pick up some pants on the floor. “Come on, we’d better go take a bath.”

As they walked the all too familiar path down to the stream, Woohyun stared at the beautiful messy hair in front of him and smiled. A beyond amazing person he’s married to, a cozy house, and a service that connected the country. He couldn’t have asked for a better life, Sunggyu making everything he’s lived for more than worth it.

He was his existence, his world. Sunggyu was the one who showed him the real side of life, and even brought him the purest love he’d ever ask for.

Woohyun had received a letter himself. On the day of their wedding. It seemed to have gone so fast but filled with enough joy to share with the world.
The letter was addressed to him only though he showed it to Sunggyu anyways.

It was from Sunggyu’s parents.
They sent their blessings toward them, and wished that he grant Sunggyu the happiest life.

His fox had cried over that, saying his parents were a pair of stupid adults. But the smile on his face while he stayed in his embrace told him that he was thankful toward the two. Though Woohyun wondered where they exactly were so he could have asked for their son’s hand in marriage properly.

Walking up behind his wife; took him and turned him around. Kissing straight onto the lips without any other intent but to feel Sunggyu for him, and only him.

“What’s wrong?” his fox asked as he pulled away. But he only smiled.

“I love you, Sunggyu.”

“I love you too, Hyun.” the Letter Bee smiled as well, pecking once more before turning around to the stream amongst the trees.

How lucky am I to exist in this life?

 

 

 


tumblr_mqwpbgzNgm1r64ns4o1_500.png