The Real Of It All

Whose Existence Vanished

Whose Exsistance Vanished

 

They arrived exhausted ten minutes past 1am when they reached Tipa. Woohyun was still drop dead on Sunggyu, Hoya becoming too tired during the trek home. Sungjong helped his brother into the little house on the edge of the town, while Sunggyu had some difficulty holding the chalice and Woohyun.

They all collapsed onto the couch immediately after stumbling through the door, shoes and all. Sunggyu groaned at the thought of the cleaning after, but at the moment, the weight of the Prince on him just made him more annoyed and tired. Deciding it’d be best if he just rest.  Sungjong and Hoya had the better part of the couch, their heads laid back on the top of the backrest and legs outstretched; while Sunggyu lay with his head barely on the comforter and the Prince’s head on his thighs.

“Sungjong-ah,” Sunggyu called with his eyes closed, “How tired are you?”

Sungjong whined, knowing already after the years he’s been with him, what Sunggyu wanted, “No, hyung. Boil water later…”

But his older companion nagged, “It’ll be warm later if you do that. Do it now so it’d be cool when we drink.”

The younger sighed, pushing himself off the couch to the kitchen to fill the pot with water in the outside stream. Sunggyu sat up too, picking up Woohyun with already sore arms and struggled up the stairs. He was about to fall over when a pair of hands held him steady.

“Gotcha. Keep going, and don’t drop the prince,” Hoya ordered, and Sunggyu snorted. He had no right to order him; he was the eldest and the man of the house. He was the one who was to give orders right now.

But the tired Sunggyu continued to struggle up the stairs and into the old unused room that his parents use to occupy, now a guest room, and let the body he was holding flop onto the mattress. He fell to the floor, head on the side of the mattress, sighing at the relief and rest. Hoya laughed.

“I suppose I could’ve done more. My apologies, but my arms are quite not as useful as they could be right now,” Hoya held his forearms up, the bandages securely wrapped around them.

Sunggyu lifted tired eyes at him, “Ah yeah. Ok ok… I don’t have any more beds, so you can take my bed for tonight, seeing that you’re injured. I’ll be on the couch, call me if anything is needed.” Standing back up slowly and went toward the ground floor.

Hoya frowned, “No, it’s alright. I shall stay with the Prince and make sure-“

He was cut off when he met Sunggyu’s glare. Even though the Letter Bee was beyond tired, the glare still made Hoya stop his tracks. He saw a slight twitch around Sunggyu’s stomach, but couldn’t convey his concerns under that glare.

Hoya saw Sunggyu’s irises turn just a flash of a dark maroon. The Moon really helped that night alright, being just a sliver and shedding no helpful light to the countryside. Even though the color itself was dark, it looked bright enough on Sunggyu. It was just a flash, but Hoya swears it happened.

“You are to sleep with your brother. This is my house, and I believe that you have absolutely no power over me. So I suggest you go rest, before those injuries become bleeding wounds.” Sunggyu growled lowly and dangerously; pointing toward the room where Hoya guessed he was to sleep.

Following Sunggyu’s order, he silently joined Sungjong who came back just after they went into the guest room. He shut the door with a soft thump and crawled into the unknown bed, sleep overtaking him the second his eyes closed. The sounds of his brother sleeping on the top bunk made him feel at home even with the unknown scents filling his nose.

 

*

On the other hand Sunggyu trudged back downstairs, feeling guilty about snarling at Hoya. He was tired, and didn’t have the patience to deal with anything anymore. He turned off the stove, hearing the water bubbling over the brim, and placed a lid on it. They didn’t have a fridge, so they’d ask for some ice from a neighbor or something later.

He laid onto the couch, liking the soft material way better than the rough cow hide they slept on the other night. He wasn’t thinking about the knick in his neck after sleep there, just wanting sleep. His eyes closed after a long day of deliveries and bringing home two people.

Sunggyu yawned, wondering if his home turned into a stray house for those kids. First Sungjong, and now another cat and even the prince of their country! Grabbing the cushion pillow and hugging it, Sunggyu groaned at the situation. He didn’t like it.

The prince, in my house? Sounds like a load of bull crap and a ton more work.

Sunggyu rarely used profanities, but in his head they shot off like wildfire. He would say something much more smooth and nice than whatever’s going on in his head. Take for example the one day Sungjong forgot to clean the toilet after his use. Sunggyu was furious, not liking the dirty sight and more importantly the smell.

 In his head all he could think of was something akin to: What kind of ing do I have to walk in on in my own mother ing house. He should do his damn job right and remember to clean up his own crap that sticks to the sides. God dammit, the ing smell!

But he rather harshly told him to clean it up without the profanities in his head, and opened all the windows to get the smell out. He really likes a clean house.

He now smiles at the memory, Sungjong being a little brother he never had. Sure, Sunggyu nearly blew his top teaching Sungjong to act like a proper man, not a whiney child. The outcome was a mixture of both for the now sixteen year old. Sunggyu was twenty now, sighing at the thought of already living two decades.

Sleep just on the brink; he almost fell into the deep darkness of another dreamless night until he heard a groan upstairs. His eyes snapped open; an angry red rimmed his tired eyes. He fought to hide the obvious scowl that marred his face, and the string of profanities that circled in his mind. He got up again, walking up the stairs sluggish toward the guest room. Opening the door, he found the Prince holding his head, groaning more loudly than before.

Sunggyu shut the door quietly, proceeding toward the bed. “Yah, shush. You’re going to wake up the others.”

Woohyun looked at him through eyes of pain, “W-what..?” quickly noticing Sunggyu’s presence and a closed door, Woohyun flung up, “What are you planning to do to me, peasant?!”

Oh, this face did not just call me a peasant.

“Look here, your royal face, let me set some things straight with you,” Sunggyu hissed as he stepped over to Woohyun, pushing the Prince down back to laying. “One, I am the owner of this house and bed you are resting in; Two, I am older than you so you should show some respect toward me instead; and Three, your beloved assistant is here too resting along with my companion so shut that damn mouth of yours before I rip your lips off myself.”

Woohyun scoffed, “You obviously kidnapped me, you old man! Are you working with that witch too? Did she grant you immortality, is that why?” He shoved Sunggyu’s hands off his shoulders, “I am going to leave this vile place and go home with Hoya. Let me go.”

Sunggyu stood up, patience long gone and glared at the Prince, shutting him up effectively. He felt the similar frustration as when he talked to Hoya and his irises becoming maroon with that mild anger. “If I hadn’t chosen to bring you to our crystal chalice, you would be dead, moron,” shooting his hand out and grabbing Woohyun’s throat, he continued, “I could end your life here, and I’m trying in every fiber in my body not to see blood on my carpets tonight. Stop being a whiney and go back to sleep.”

He let go of the throat of a now scared prince. He felt the guilt of him not being able to control his anger rise in his stomach; turning to leave right away. He didn’t look back if the Prince was going to jump out of the window or something, he just wanted to get away and sleep. 

His mind was conflicted as he lay back down on the couch, deciding if he had the right to be mad or should have been more patient. He sighed and let sleep take over his body.

*

 

 Sunggyu awoke to the sound of shouting and the front door being slammed shut. He hated when the door was slammed shut; reminding Sungjong that his father had built the replacement door himself and it was very special. He didn’t want it to break. He yawned at sat up, his dreamland taken away from him already. He looked through the window to see the stupid Prince pulling at Hoya in the fields beside the house.

Sungjong on the side trying to calm him down, while Hoya tried to convince him that it was the only place they could stay right now. Sunggyu sighed and walked to the door, putting on some random slippers when he noticed that he never took off his work uniform; while everyone out there had just shirts and shorts on. He sighed again when he was able to smell himself, grimacing.

Stepping out the door, he covered the sun’s rays from his eyes and squinted, walking toward the bickering trio. He coughed and they didn’t notice, so he turned to more drastic actions. Walking closer, he pushed Sungjong out of the way, who gasped at his Hyung. Next he grabbed Hoya and pushed him toward Sungjong, the assistant huffing.

Finally he turned to Woohyun, who still pointed a finger at him, “You! You’re the old man that trapped us here! Ha, well we’re leaving now! I don’t care if you created some doll that looks like Hoya’s brother, I’m leavin-“

He was cut off however, when Sunggyu tugged his arm, swiping his leg under the prince; making him fall over into the dewy grass. Hoya wanted to help his friend, but was held back by Sungjong.

“Jong, let me go. I don’t care if Woohyun’s being stupid, he’s still my friend!” Hoya struggled, but his brother didn’t relent.

“Hyung I know!” Sungjong whispered, making Hoya stop, “But this is Sunggyu! Just let him do his thing, or else he’ll hold a grudge against you for who knows how long.”

 Sunggyu’s guilt from last night was drowned by the thoughts of: This prick. After all that I still have to look after your ? Why can’t I get some ing shut eye for once?
Woohyun sputtered in the grass and growled, kicking his legs out to try and trip Sunggyu, but the Letter Bee swiftly jumped over them. Landing beside Woohyun with that same hard glare; he saw the other scowl and kicked him. Woohyun rolled a few times before stopping and there was a body on top of him right away.

Sunggyu gripped his collar and growled once more, “Listen. I don’t know how much of your bull I can handle, but calm the down and realize that we’re helping your , not killing it!”

Woohyun blinked; finally Sunggyu’s words reached his brain that was delirious after an induced sleep, unknown surroundings, and the miasma. He took deep breaths, physically relaxing before muttering to himself, “Tch. Prick.”

Sunggyu slapped him, making him a little shocked. “I wouldn’t be a prick if you’d just accept the fact earlier.” And got up to walk away. Sunggyu went to Sungjong and said he’d be going to some neighbors for ice, the younger nodded as he left. Hoya came to his side.

“Stupid Woohyun!” Hoya yelled as he picked up the dazed prince, “Not even one day and you already go and anger our landlord.”

“Landlord?” Woohyun breathed, standing on his own, “How is that gunna be our landlord? I refuse to live with such an uneducated, incompetent man!

“Sunggyu-hyung is not incompetent! If anything, you are!” Sungjong defended, entering the conversation. He was going to let his older brother handle it but hearing Woohyun say things about the guy who took him in angered him. Sunggyu was beyond nice, he was just tired!
“Being uneducated means nothing out here if it can’t protect you from death! Not only have you angered me now, but you’ve angered Sunggyu the fox demon. A fox!” Sungjong marched off, ticked that the prince would view his hyung like that. He left Hoya to Woohyun, and left to find Sunggyu to see if he needed any help.

Hoya sighed, and turned back to Woohyun, who was still fuming at the other demon. He sighed and patted his friend’s back. The prince looked at him gratefully, “Please explain what’s happening. I feel like I am truly the one at fault now.”

So Hoya explained again how Woohyun had encountered the witch, teleported to a forest with him, met a gang of demons, his crystal necklace loosing it’s radiance, and then meeting Sunggyu and Sungjong. Sunggyu was kind enough to let them travel back to his home, even holding Woohyun when Hoya had gotten too tired with the injuries and exhaustion. Letting Woohyun even get a room to himself.

What Hoya didn’t know was the little squabble last night, which Woohyun confessed he had wrongly accused the other. Hoya buried his face into his palms, groaning at Woohyun’s actions. The prince was such a handful. Then he remembered Sungjong telling them Sunggyu was a fox demon.

That’s why his eyes flashed red! Hoya made the connection. And that stomach twitch was actually his hidden tail. The heavy scent on the bed was fox!

But then realized that Sunggyu felt nothing like a demon, he had no aura. Just appendages. He’d ask Sungjong later. Right now he had to clean up Woohyun the Prince into an actual man.

“Woohyun, don’t be disrespectful to Sunggyu. Okay, he’s a pretty nice guy. He’s just tired. Lack of sleep makes anyone cranky.” Hoya sighed, looking from Woohyun to understand.

Thankfully his friend nodded, telling him he’ll apologize, but still having that small grimace on his face. “Where are we anyways?”

“We’re in the East, Lyvriè; a town called Tipa. This is the edge though. And if you haven’t noticed, Sunggyu’s house is behind the post office.”

“So that guy, Sunggyu,” Woohyun started, making Hoya question him with a brow, “He’s a demon too?”

“Yeah, and a fox one at that.” Hoya sighed. “Luckily he’s nice…”

Woohyun turned to his assistant, “Why, are foxes really thieves or something? Ah, I’m going to live in a demon house…”

“No,” Hoya muttered, “Foxes are just not as frequent today. Didn’t you learn in history? Many kingdoms, including this one, in the past captured fox demons for their intricate beauty. Cat Sidhes were treated more like pets and most often left alone. But Foxes were used for human ual desires. Many died in captivity or by mistreatment and torture; others fled.”

Woohyun drooped, not liking that story, “Our kingdom wasn’t as bad as others though with demon slavery. We were one of the first to stop!”

“But still, the practice was used. That can’t be taken back,” Hoya said, pushing Woohyun back to the house, “Now let’s just wait for their return.”

 

*

“Hyung, I got that!” Sungjong shouted as he jogged up to Sunggyu, taking the bucket of ice away from his left hand.

Sunggyu grunted thanks as he adjusted the pole upon his shoulders that held another two buckets. He was still mad at Woohyun for being ungrateful toward him and Sungjong. To hell with his royalty, the prince was being a big spoiled brat who was highly arrogant and thought he was always right. It made his stomach churn; he didn’t like these types. They tend to be the ones that drag you down and die first. Usually making everything a pain in the that ends up with you cleaning up at the end.

He glanced at Sungjong, who was huffing himself. The cat looked very happy when he saw his brother cat and Sunggyu felt a pang in his heart. Since he didn’t have any brothers, and his parents just up and left; he felt suddenly very out casted. He knew that fox demons were rare anyways; he found out after the old village leader told him one day. She was outside, tending to the crystal when Sunggyu went up to help her. Being old, she broke out into the story of the foxes, knowing that Sunggyu was indeed one of them.

Cat Sidhes were indeed like a lucky cat. They weren’t frequent like your usual Elf or Yuke; even Moogles were plentiful. You don’t see them every day, but it’s not like anyone doesn’t know. Unless you live in the Flower Providence; the capital. The place is heavily guarded by the royal army, and the crystal was giant compared to towns in the Sections. Explains why Woohyun was so naïve about everything.

They rounded the corner toward the post office and then to the back toward the house. Sungjong opened the door, allowing Sunggyu to enter and place the buckets onto the kitchen table. They sighed and sat down, Sunggyu immediately making a cup of ice water for himself and Sungjong followed suit; preparing the other two cups for their guests.

Hearing the commotion, the two walked into the kitchen; Hoya dragging the prince over.

“I apologize on behalf of Prince Woohyun. He has realized his mistakes and has come to his senses. Please do not think ill of him. He was disorientated from all the commotion, I beg for your understandings!” Hoya pleaded, bowing 90 degrees to Sunggyu while shoving Woohyun to the same position.

Sunggyu inwardly laughed when Hoya whispered to Woohyun to apologize, and Sunggyu heard a heartfelt, “I’m sorry for yelling at you when you were trying to help,” from him and felt a ton better just by the apology.

After all, Sunggyu was a simple guy.

He told them it was nothing, and ushered the two to the table to sit with them. Sungjong smiled at his Hyung, knowing he’d be understanding. Sunggyu was a man that just needed a sincere apology if one did something wrong. People made mistakes and he sure made a lot himself.

Sungjong handed them both a cup of ice cold water. Hoya gulping down the liquid thankfully while Woohyun took hesitant sips.

“It tastes like metal…” Sunggyu heard the Prince mutter and felt his tail twitch around his waist.

He poured more water for himself, refilling the ice as well, “If it tastes like metal then don’t drink. Die of thirst. We don’t have your beautifully purified water or fine wines. Deal with it.”

Sunggyu heard a huff, and then a grunt when Hoya elbowed Woohyun in the gut. He watched as the stupid prince glared at the water before drinking the entire glass. Sunggyu smirking.

“Well since everyone is up and awake, let’s put those hands into good work.” He announced.

 

*

“This…” puffs of breath left his mouth as he panted, “How much longer?” Woohyun struggled.

“Once I find that you’ve learned that life out here is different than your protected castle,” Sunggyu lunged forward.

Woohyun quickly reacted, “But this-! I’m obviously going to lose!” barely blocking another strike.

“Then realize your situation!” Sunggyu struck down again.

“I already have!”

Sungjong and Hoya sat beneath the large tree, watching Sunggyu and Woohyun spare out their anger with a duel. Woohyun didn’t have his usual rapier anymore and struggled with the bronze blade. Sunggyu, on the other hand, was perfectly fine with his sonic lance. Sticking to an unforgiving shower of strikes, stabs, and speed lunges. It was obvious who the stronger one was.

Woohyun fell to the ground after a particularly harsh push from Sunggyu, trying to control his breathing. “You’re beyond unfair! I am handicapped by this weak and foreign weapon, also lesser in skill! You were just playing this entire time!”

Sunggyu threw his lance to the side shed, flicking his fringe to the side, “What a sad Clavat you are. Wasn’t the royal family notorious for their strong Clavats and royal forms? I see nothing but weak slashes and openings everywhere.”

Woohyun groaned and lay back onto the grass, his fists hitting the ground. Sunggyu smirked and walked over to Sungjong and Hoya.

“Hyung, why use your lance? You never do,” Sungjong asked as Sunggyu sat.

He shrugged, just feeling to get some practice in with the lance again. He’s been using the bow to often these days.

Hoya raised his brow, “I thought Lilties were the only ones that still use lances?”

Sunggyu chuckled, watching as Woohyun finally got up and walked over as well, “My mother was a Lilty. A rather tall one.”

Sungjong laughed and Hoya held his giggles in. Lilties were usually pretty short; to meet a tall one was quite out of the blue. Sunggyu clarified that his grandfather had been the first normal human to marry into the family, making his mother taller. The rest were all Lilties, and his father was fox.

There were four tribes in the world that still existed. They were exceptional people, usually the ones that set out on caravans. Humans were the people who lost their skills in time. Most of the tribes lived outside the Providence.

The first is the Clavats. Gentle people that value harmony above all. This tribe was of unity and friendship; gentle by nature and dislike conflict. When disputes arise, they do whatever to resolve them. It is said that an air of tranquility follows them wherever they go. Sunggyu didn’t know what haywire spin off Woohyun was. They were good in defense and had a skill or two in magic. Most of this tribe has already turned into Humans. There’s still a lot around in the Sections.

The second is the Lilties. A proud warrior tribe with infamously short tempers. These little warriors have lived all over the world since ancient times. Long ago, they ruled the world, and many still believe themselves superior to others. Though they can be hotheaded, they are also confident and down-to-earth. Liltian merchants are some of the best around.  They are best in offense, high strength and proficiency with many types of spears.

The third is the Yukes. A mysterious tribe of great lore and wisdom. Many of these sages live quietly in Shella; the City of Magic in Widal. In ancient wars, they were able to resist the invading Liltian armies thanks to their magical prowess. Now they spend their days teaching magic to others. Some say that Yukes assumed their current form to augment their magical talents. They are mysterious people indeed; didn’t know if they were demon or human. Always wearing a helmet and had large fuzzy hands. They are exceptional at magic and quick spellcasting.

The last is the Selkies. Independent people who put themselves first. These rugged individualists clothe themselves in fur decorated with stolen goods. Unlike other tribes, they believe in putting themselves first. Many selkies are agile and athletic, traits they put to good use as thieves. Though the other tribes tend to scorn them, some Selkies now reside in normal villages and towns; scattered. They’re quick in battle and have longer range.

Before Woohyun could sit down, Sunggyu stood up again, lending his hands out for Hoya and Sungjong. Pulling them up, the prince questions why they’re standing now; making Sunggyu shake his head.

“Smell yourself and all of us. It’s gross,” Sunggyu waved his hand in front of his nose, “Ugh, we need baths now.”

Woohyun sniffed his sleeve, only to pull away with a scrunched up face. He smelled like mingled sweat and heavy mud, or what he thought was mud. He nodded to the fox that indeed he needed a bath. “But where? I didn’t see a bath tub in the restroom…”

Hoya laughed, patting him on the back, “Woohyun, there isn’t plumbing out here. You have to use rivers and streams, boil it, and then the water is good for use.”

The prince had a sour face, making Sunggyu sigh, “Sungjong, go fetch towels. I’ll get the paddles and soaps.”

The cat nodded, jogging toward the house. Sunggyu motioned for the other two to follow him into the shed. He handed them both a small wooden bath bucket and put soaps in each; grabbing another two for him and Sungjong. He looked around, trying to find something before he leaned over to pick whatever it was up.

Woohyun had a rough time trying to put the pieces together. Living out here was so much work, why would these people stay? He knew all the adventure was out here, but living? He didn’t understand it.

Sunggyu came back with small soft sponges, placing them into the bucket as well. He then pushed them out, meeting Sungjong who gave them each a short towel and change of clothes.

“I don’t think Woohyun would fit in my clothes, so I brought the spare ones that are too big for Sunggyu-hyung. Hoya you’ll have to settle for my oversized sleep clothes, alright?” Sungjong pouted, sad that he couldn’t find clothes that would fit.

Hoya hugged him, saying it was alright and already great. They would go shopping later; thankfully Woohyun was wearing jewelry when they were rudely transported away. They could sell it for lots of money out here.

Sunggyu pushed them all to the thick trees, “Alright, let’s go get cleaned up.”  

 

*

Woohyun has never felt so embarrassed and demeaning before. He stood frozen as the others began to strip down beside the river.

The river was clear and calm, rather round at this part with the small waterfall to the side. Shallow and was rock bedded, not dirt, so they could easily get cleaned and sit in it if they wanted to.

But that wasn’t the problem for Woohyun. The problem was that they were cleaning together; without proper screens separating them, the towel could only cover his waist at most; not like at home where the large cotton would cover his whole body, and lastly, the water was cold as .

He whined, still fully clothed as he wished for a steaming rose bath instead. Sungjong and Hoya were already in the water, lathering soap and using the sponge to scrub them down. He wasn’t too surprised how his best friend could adapt to the situation fast, he was from Paradam after all. But all this was new to him and it made all his rules and thoughts change.

If this is the life of a caravan, then I’ll change my mind now.

“Yah, stupid, if you’re just gunna stand and not wash, I’m not letting you back into the house.”

He looked to his right, where Sunggyu was touching the waterfall on the side, still clothed. “I’m serious,” the fox said, “You stink and I don’t want any of that touching my furniture anymore. We’ll have to clean when we get back too.”

Woohyun scoffed, “If you think that I’m bathing with all of you then think again. I like a private and warm bath,” he pointed toward the water, aghast, “There’s fish in there and it’s cold. No.”

He dropped the bucket on a nearby rock and crossed his arms, glaring at the water. Sungjong and Hoya were on the other side of the small river pond; slightly apart and behind some protruding rocks. Guess they wanted some privacy in cleaning as well. He heard Sunggyu scoff and walked over to him.

The next moment, there were Sunggyu’s hands on his shirt, ing the apparel and unstrapping the leather. Woohyun gasped and pulled back, appalled. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“You’re taking a bath,” Sunggyu stared, walking forward to continue undressing him.

But Woohyun kept stepping back, “You are not touching me and nor are you going to ever see this body .”

Sunggyu scoffed again, “You’re stupid,” jumping over and continued unstrapping the weird straps on the prince, “I don’t care about your ugly body. Probably has fat collected everywhere. All I care about is that my guest is clean in my house.”

He stopped, gasping, “I am not fat! In fact I have more abs than you I bet!”

“Oh yeah?” Sunggyu said bored, knowing the stupid guy fell into his trap as he took the straps into his hands, “Then are you gunna prove it?”

“Of course!”

Woohyun contradicted what he said earlier, stripping off his shirt and pants; Sunggyu covered his eyes. The fox really didn’t care, just wanting the dirt off. He wasn’t going to take a bath until he was sure the others were clean.

“There!” Woohyun said clad in his briefs and pointing to his abdominal region, “I bet you don’t even have this awesomeness.”

Sunggyu sighed at the childish behavior. Yes, he did not have great abs but he was lean. Still covering his eyes, he pushed Woohyun to the water’s edge, “Yeah yeah, now get in.”

But the prince stood stiff before the water, “Oh I’m not getting in there. I was just proving a point,” he said worriedly, now realizing Sunggyu’s plan.

His guess was right as he saw the fox smirk, eyes still covered. The growing anxiety in his belly swelled; looking frantically at Hoya, who was drying his hair with the small towel, lower regions covered by a rock that stood. The other didn’t notice him and he searched for Sungjong, also doing the same thing

“Well too bad” he heard a sly whisper and he was promptly pushed into the cold waters.

 

*

After countless struggles and Sunggyu holding his shoulders down, Woohyun finally got use to the water’s temperature after being shoved into it.

It was only Woohyun and Sunggyu now; Hoya and Sungjong left since they were done. It had taken 30 minutes until Sunggyu pushed him into the water, and another ten keeping him in it. He heard faintly that Sungjong was going to ‘file’ the letters and organize the requests.

He had no clue how the delivery service works, and it sounds too tiring. Trekking through the Sections on deliveries where you have to pick up and then send; at the end walking the long rode home. He wondered how much Sunggyu made off this.

Woohyun’s briefs were now on a nearby rock, kind of hidden for drying. He was now , sitting in the water, the water up to his mouth as he sat submerged; bubbling the surface with his breath.

Sunggyu was in the water too, behind another rock and closer to the waterfall. Woohyun thought about the fox demon, no doubt that history had its meaning when they mean Foxes were used for ual desires. They were luring in appearance, Sunggyu no exception. He realized then how enticing his landlord looked, that one glare he gives made him shiver in fear and what he just realized, anticipation.

He groaned, not liking the fact he too was falling under the foxes spell. Sungjong and Hoya didn’t seem like they were affected, so it means only to humans? Woohyun was a Clavat but he should be considered a human instead. He always thought he was great with the blade, though the duel earlier said otherwise. He realized he was utterly weak and defenseless here. Not being able to do anything; not even make food. What Sunggyu called a kitchen was a table, counter, a few chairs, and buckets of water.

His defense and magic was out of control; a disgrace to his kind. He sighed again, feeling depressed. What could he do out here?

His eyes grazed the water’s surface, no longer scared of the fish that swam in the same waters as he bathed. Taking the sponge and soap from the edge, he began to scrub himself; at least he could be clean. The soap was small but it smelled like strawberries; wondering if it was Sungjong’s.

His eyes landed to Sunggyu, who was busy cleaning his arm. He couldn’t see his bottom half; blurred and obscured from view by the white water. Sunggyu’s back was toward him and arm out. Woohyun scanned the pale skin, catching a few scars on his back and a thin black tail peeking from the water’s surface. He was sure foxes usually had a furry thick tail; but maybe it was because Sunggyu was part Lilty that his tail was so different.

Sunggyu’s dark caramel hair was wet and dripping droplets of water, some landing onto his back and others into the water. Woohyun his suddenly dry lips, and ripped his gaze off the fox; afraid of his own desires.

What am I doing?!

He looked back anyways, and realized the foam from Sunggyu’s arm was a pink tint. Taking his stare off again, he found that his soap was also pink. Recalling; Hoya and Sungjong were using a green soap bar, and he gasped.

This is Sunggyu’s soap? The hell is he doing with strawberry scented soap?

 

*

“Come on Woohyun! Put your back into it! We still have a little over a block~”

“Oh shush, you!” Woohyun yelled at Sungjong, who giggled, “You said that long ago!”

Sungjong laughed, “You mean five minutes ago?”

The prince groaned and Hoya pushed him encouragingly, “Come on. We’ll need to sell your jewelry. I don’t think you’d want to stay in Sunggyu’s sleep clothes all this time.”

He sighed and walked on, they were heading to town; Going to buy clothes and food for the day. Hoya looked happy, skipping while holding Woohyun was stuck holding a heavy package Sunggyu said they needed to give to the Town Leader.

He heard it was an old woman, who was really nice. But the package was heavy and Woohyun was already growing tired. Sungjong and Hoya wouldn’t help him; since Sunggyu told specifically the prince had to deliver it, to inform that they were now going to stay in the town with the fox.

Reaching the Town Square, Woohyun looked at the tall crystal that stood in the center. It was way smaller than the one at the palace; just the height of the small buildings here and cylinder like. They made their way to the house directly in front of it, a small wooden plaque on the door written ‘Town Head’.

They entered, Sungjong calling out they’ve entered. The old lady sat in a plush chair beside a book case, reading. He looked up and smiled, wrinkles covering her face with age.

They bowed and the old woman said to stand, making her way over with a small cane.

“What brings you here today, Sungjong-ah?” She said, a smile still on as she fondly reached up to pat his hair.

“These two will be staying with Sunggyu and me, I think for a long while or their lives. Whichever.”

“Hello,” Hoya bowed again, straightening and smiled too, “My name is Lee Howon, though I also go by Hoya. I will be under the care of this crystal if you allow so.”

Woohyun felt a push behind him and he also bowed, smiling the same dazzling smile he does, “Hello. I am Nam Woohyun, the Prince of the royal family. I shall stay under your care as well.”

The Leader’s smile faltered, “I believe the royal family hasn’t bore a child yet. There is no son in the current family, young one. Who are you to fake your identity?”

Woohyun was taken aback, “No, Mistress. I am truly the prince, see?”

He pulled the collar of the shirt down, to reveal the family crest that was etched to every Royal member; to be taken by surprise when it wasn’t there. He gasped and touched his skin; seemingly never marred by the before eminent blue crest.

“This can’t be true,” he whispered, remembering what the witch said, “I am the prince! My eighteen years of life, were truly in the castle. Hoya, it’s true, right?”

His friend nodded, quite surprised that the crest wasn’t there too. “Mistress, he is the prince.” Hoya breathed in through his teeth, “But in our current position, I believe we will find no proof until further notice…”

Woohyun watched, scared until the woman nodded, “I will allow you to stay, Sunggyu has never brought home anything he didn’t trust. My boys, you have my trust as well.” She looked at Woohyun, “But you, young man, leave me questioning. Stating you are the prince, when you don’t have the crest; I don’t believe it to be true but your heart is clear.”

Sungjong smiled again, handing the package to the old woman’s daughter. “It’s the tea Sunggyu-hyung got for the Mistress. I hope it’s to your taste.”

The woman smiled happily, “Thank you! Don’t worry; we love the tea from southern Lyvriè.”

After that, the three left the house, shopping in the thrift store for clothes. Woohyun felt wrong. His entire life just seemed wrong. All the years learning in that classroom, the meals that his father cooked, the hugs from his mother, the walks in the Providence where everyone greeted him, the long nights in the rose garden, his dreams; were they all fake now?

Without his crest, he was nothing.

 

Who am I now? 

 

 

 


Hello again. 
Chapter two! wow. I got nowhere. haha. 
No edits. :l 

I hope you enjoy. Woohyun hella checking out Sunggyu while in the river. Ha, you little ert. 

And the new MV! ; A ; SUNGGYU 
Thanks for reading!

 

tumblr_mq194wbokk1qaxrmyo1_250.giftumblr_mq194wbokk1qaxrmyo4_250.gif