Chapter 1

Yes Or No (Part 1)

 

 

“Mom, don’t worry. I’ll be okay. I can take care of myself”

 

“I know Mom; I’ll find my dorm room now”

 

“Mom, I have to go, I’ll call you later again, okay? I love you.”

 

End call. Sigh.

 

 

태연제시카써니티파니효연유리수영윤아서현

 

 

“I’M F-FRR-REEEEEEEEEE!”

 

I’m finally in college.

 

When I was still in my elementary up to high school, my mother would always check on me. She would always ask if not go to where the place I am, worrying, not trusting the people around me. She would correct the littlest things, reminding me that people were lurking around waiting to find faults. She would always tell me these old-fashioned stuffs about men and women, marriage and whatnot.  

 

It may sound like my mom’s conservative, uptight, does not trust me to make my own decisions and a total worrier of what other people might say (I honestly think so too) but I am still trying to understand her. Being the maknae, especially that my Dad’s always working and my too-cool-for-school of a brother’s not always there to guard/protect me, I can identify where my Mom is coming from that is why I follow the values and rules that she set. 

 

In short, I am guarded – literally and figuratively.

 

When I graduated from high school, my Mom told me that she would want me to study college in our hometown but that would mean that I couldn’t, I wouldn’t be on my own to experience other things life has to offer. I would still be stuck on the same ground.

 

I reasoned and reasoned until she finally gave in. And for the first time, I am free.

 

I’m going to be away from my family, I’ll be studying in the city and I’ll be sleeping in a room with a stranger, so today, I’ll be having many firsts (but not the erted kind, I hope) and I’ve never felt so alive. Finally!

 

 

태연제시카써니티파니효연유리수영윤아서현

 

 

Room 0808

 

 

“I guess my roommate’s not here yet, better freshen’ up first” I mumbled to myself.

 

After I finished showering, I heard someone scream. Geez, I guess I’ll have a fussy roommate.

 

“Aaaaacccckkkk….cockroach…help…kill it...kill it…”

 

I came out thinking that I’ll face someone from hell but I assure you, I was brought into heaven.  Am I seeing an angel?

 

A pair of doe eyes watching me intently. I scanned her innocent face, adorable nose, thin lips, perfect height for her stature and again, those hypnotic eyes.

 

“Yah, are you okay? You’re freaking me out more than the cockroach” She said irritatingly.

 

“I-I’m so s-sorry. I-I w-was j-just…”

 

Why am I stuttering anyway? And why is my heart beating so fast? Even my stomach’s feeling tingly. What the heck is happening to me?

 

“You’re just what? Checking me out?”

 

“W-what? No! I’m just amused that you’re afraid of a still roach. Just hit it. And are you out of your mind? Can’t you see that I’m a girl too?” Pretty but dumb and blind. Great combination.

 

“I can see that you’re a girl but I also saw that you’re checking me out? Besides these days, lip-gloss Les is a trend anyway”

 

“Yah, I am not what you think I am. I’m straight.”

 

“Whatever. I don’t trust people who are not being honest with themselves because that would mean they’re not genuine with me.” She said while meronging.

 

Who is this girl?! What is wrong with her?! Is she really my new roommate? No freaking way! Yeah, sure she’s pretty and I guess, even the word pretty is an understatement but her attitude and her sense of judgement? !

 

“Now, w-what are you doing?” I asked while looking at this strange girl putting an electric tape as a ‘boundary’ to our sides of the room (so childish but she’s really cute while doing that but she’s still weird).

 

“I won’t allow you to get to this side while you’re not being honest with me. I’m going to spend my whole year living in the same room with you (if you’re smart enough to pass your subjects), and I don’t want a creep for a roommate so do not cross this side and stay on your side.”

 

“Are you for real? I am being honest. And, and how can I not cross, the bathroom’s on your side?”

 

“The bathroom’s near the front door so you can step on the line while you’re there but not here. Also, I hate hearing weird noises while I’m studying so keep your husky voice down and that thing (pointing at my XXboX 180) muted. Got that?”

 

Yeah, I got it alright. I got that I am accused of being a homo. What would my Mom think? Sure I haven’t fancied any guy that has shown interest in me and I’d rather watch Girls’ Generation’s Dream Team special again and again than watch Ian Somerholder’s glory on TVD but does that make me gay? No! I am just in this phase where I admire girls more than I do with boys.

 

And I also got it, that looks can really be deceiving since I am being bullied by the angel-faced girl in front of me. What great firsts’ would I have next?

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

How was it, you? Are you okay with it? Yes or No?

I know I said that I'm going to write a one-shot but I just can't. It's too long and I don't know how to shorten it somehow. I'm sorry.

You can even be mean if you want to comment. I'm okay with it since I messed up.