Chapter 2

Yes Or No (Part 1)

 

 

I woke up early since it’s the first day of school and I may not have the best day yesterday but I am still excited and terrified at the same time because of my newfound freedom.

 

I looked at the other side of the room and saw that she already left. Pretty excited too, huh? Since she left with her bed undone and her used clothes scattered on the floor. What a messy person.

 

I crossed her line, tidied up her bed and the scattered clothes and did the same with mine. I am used to these matters since my brother’s like her too – for lack of better word, untidy – and my Mom trained me at a very young age to be obsessive compulsive about cleanliness in a still normal way. And being OC about sanitation is an attitude engineers should have.

 

 

I am taking up Engineering, by the way, Civil Engineering. I’m not that good with Math, or Science, or….never mind….I’m just fascinated with the idea of planning, building and maintaining structures.

 

I walked on my very first class and saw a girl crying. Nobody even bothered to comfort her so I went to her and handed my handkerchief.

 

“Here. It’s clean. You can blow your nose with that if you want” I handed the handkerchief, smiling.

 

“Thanks” She smiled back while her eyes formed like that of a crescent moon.

 

Is that what they call an eye-smile? Yeppuda! This is a nice first day of school.

 

 

태연제시카써니티파니효연유리수영윤아서현

 

 

I should have known that the moment I see her in the university, it wouldn’t feel as pleasant as what happened earlier.  Look at her, her beautiful doe eyes, her silky hair swaying with the wind, her wonderful smile. Yah, Kwon Yuri, snap out of it! Are you going gay for that kind of awful person?

 

She’s smiling and being polite with everyone nevertheless she’s in another mode when she’s with me. So, she’s a Nursing student – an untidy Nursing student? What a contrast. I saw her walking with her friends for lunch. I envy her on that. It is lunch time and I haven’t even made friends with anyone yet. Sigh.

 

“Are going to eat that?”

 

“W-what?” I looked for the person who said that and I saw this lanky girl almost drooling at my untouched food.

 

“I said, are going to eat that because you’ve been staring at your food and not even touching it so I might as well eat it, right? I’m Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung.” She said while making herself comfortable and sitting on the chair opposite mine.

 

“Yuri, Kwon Yuri. And yeah, you can have it.”

 

“Thanks Yul. I like people who share their food with others. Let’s be friend from now on. ” Sooyoung said while chewing and gulping the food.

 

Great! My first friend and she’s a shikshin. Nice day indeed.

 

 

태연제시카써니티파니효연유리수영윤아서현

 

 

Room 0808

 

 

“It’s dinner and I’m so hungry. Why did I give all my food to Sooyoung when I didn’t even eat any?”

 

I maybe wanting my independence but the truth is, I can’t even cook my own food. But desperate times call for desperate measure, right? Desperate means I don’t have enough allowance, since my Mom is showing me how hard it is to live alone in a different place, to buy some takeout food so I’ll have to settle with anything inside this room’s fridge.

 

I made it! A chicken noodle soup…chicken noodle soup….chicken noodle soup. What an achievement!  But the thing is, I made it but I forgot to taste it while making it. Bummer! Well, here goes nothing…

 

“Aaaacccckkkk…”

 

“What the heck is wrong with you now?” A heard a voice from the front door and I saw her smirking.

 

“Aaaaccckkkkkuuuuummmmm….Uuuuummmm. Can’t you see that I’m enjoying my food which I cooked by myself?”

 

She just rolled her eyes. “Share it with me then?”

 

“W-what?”

 

“Are you deaf or you just can’t pronounce the word ‘what’ every time?” She’s mocking me again.

 

“You know what, never mind. I bet I can cook better than you and by the looks of that thing that you call food, it must taste really horrible.”

 

Yes it is horrible, just like you.

 

I really would like to give this girl a piece of my mind when the door suddenly opened and someone just barged in.

 

“Yoongie, I can’t even sleep thinking about her….”

 

The girl who barged in stared at me then that annoying girl before walking out squealing. She’s also weird. Is anybody associated with this horrible person, weird? But that girl is the eye-smiling person I saw earlier. The nasty doe-eyed girl followed that eye-smiling person outside of our room but left our door open so I heard their conversation. Not that I was intentionally eavesdropping or anything like that.

 

“Oh my gosh Yoong, she’s your roommate? Why didn’t you tell me? Do you like her too?”

 

“W-what?” Now, who’s stuttering?

 

“Are you being serious, Tiff? She’s the person you’re talking about earlier? And to answer your dumb questions; No! I don’t like her and I didn’t tell because I don’t even know her.”

 

“You haven’t asked her name yet? How could you, you’re practically living together in one room?”

 

“Not interested.”

 

Well, I’m not interested, too Annoying Girl and I’m fine with that name of yours for as long as I live.

 

“Hi! I’m Tiffany Hwang and I would like to know the name of the person who’s really nice to me earlier so I can properly thank her”. She barged again, offering her hand while eye-smiling at me.

 

“I’m Yuri Kwon and it’s nothing. I hate it when people cry and nobody’s comforting them.”

 

“Well, I think I’ll have this habit of crying so you can comfort me every time then, Yuwree.”

 

“Maybe I will.” I said, chuckling.

 

“Flirt”. Annoying Girl said in a low voice but enough for us both to hear.

 

“Oh, she’s still here? I totally forgot about her.” I smirked.

 

“Oh, her name’s Yoona Im, Yuwr and she can be annoying and childish at times but she’s actually really sweet.”

 

Tiffany said two of the million words I can describe this Yoona, but sweet is never on that list.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I double-updated, you.

I'm still sorry for writing this story in another page? title? My defense mechanism right now is "undoing".

Am I forgiven? Yes or No?