I Don't Like Him, Daddy!

Under Empty Horizons

 

 

“Daddy!!!”

 

The little boy shouted as he latched onto Myungsoo’s waist as soon as entered the premises of the school. Myungsoo nearly toppled over if not for Ren who steady his falling body.

 

“Daddy…”

 

The kid whimpered against his dad’s dress pants. The older carefully removed the tight hug of the little kid around his waist as he squatted down to examine the kid’s face. As expected, the eyes that were staring back at him were a little bit puffy and bloodshot and beginning to tear up again as he saw his dad’s current situation.

 

“Did my baby hamster cry?” Myungsoo asked with a gentle voice as he gently ruffled the kid’s hair with his uninjured hand.

 

“Daddy…”

 

“Actually, he’s been crying even before we received your call.” Another voice - playful but a little bit gruff - answered on Sunggyu’s behalf, eyeing the bandages that Myungsoo was sporting. It was Sunggyu’s teacher and one of Myungsoo’s high school friends, Lee Jinki - or better known as Onew.

 

Knowing this information, Myungsoo was a little bit baffled, he knew that his son rarely shed tears unless he’s pissed or treated unfairly or hungry. The kid did not even cry when he receive his vaccine shots or when he fall down from the swing set once. So, Sunggyu crying means that someone got on his nerves or someone stole his food which is impossible because no one would dare to bully his son due to his bossy attitude and most of his classmates call him LeaderGyu.

 

“Mwoh? Why did my baby cry?”

 

Sunggyu, ashamed of being seen as vulnerable by his daddy - vulnerable, since his daddy always said that he’s a big boy now, and big boys don’t cry over petty things - looked down on the ground, finding his shoes as the most interesting thing at the moment.

 

“I think, the new kid annoys him.” Onew responded with an eye-smile, grinning a Cheshire cat. Onew was so amused that someone successfully made Sunggyu cry.

 

“He’s so annoying daddy. Really, really annoying.” Sunggyu pouted.

 

Myungsoo laughed at this but the father and son moment was soon interrupted by Ren who’s waiting for them by the gate.

 

“Myungsoo-shii, I think it’s time to go or else my boss will find a way to escape you.” (Which was true, since Sungjong has already put Kibum as the bait, but the two didn’t know about it.)

 

Myungsoo just nod for an affirmation.

 

“We’ll be going now, Onew-hyung. I hope I didn’t burden you for staying after school with Gyu. Thank you very much, hyung.” Myungsoo said, bowing.

 

“It’s really nothing, L. Afterall, I’m waiting for the new kid and his parents since they owe me a very nice dinner for looking after that brat. And your son is a good company. So, it’s no problem.” It’s been a while since Myungsoo was called with his nickname, L. The nickname vanished almost the same time Gyu’s mother’s existence vanished on earth. The nickname was given to him by Sunggyu’s mother and despite that fact, being called ‘L’ didn’t matter to him anymore - it didn’t bring any bad and depressive memories like it did before. However, most of his close friends still call him L - because old habits die hard. Now, “L” was now a plain nickname and not a term of endearment.

 

Smiling, the teacher bid the duo good-bye.

 

“Bye, Gyu. Take care of your daddy. Okay?”

 

“Byebye, Onew-hyung. Thank you.” Sunggyu bid the teacher goodbye as he waved one of his chubby arms.

 

“And Ren, tell Kibummie that if they won’t arrived at two hours top, he and his dinosaur for a husband will treat me for a three full course meal. Okay?”

 

Onew’s last statement plus the devilish gleam on his eyes confused Myungsoo and causes Ren to shiver in terror. As dorky as Onew could be, he’s still scary when he wants to.

 

Ren escorted Myungsoo and Sunggyu to Sungjong’s car - the very car that almost (keyword: ALMOST) hit Myungsoo.

 

“Ren, do you know Onew-hyung?”

 

“He’s an acquaintance.”

 

 

The car ride was silent save for the occasional slurping of Sunggyu on his strawberry smoothie. Ren offered to stop by his boss’s favorite cafe to buy Myungsoo and Sunggyu something to eat as a little sorry gift for the trouble that his boss/best friend and his ‘almost’ son caused the duo (since Ren knew that it was Woohyun that made Sunggyu cry) and maybe to buy something for himself, too. The day has yet to end but his energy was already drained thanks to Sungjong.

 

“Daddy, why are you hurt?” Sunggyu asked as he cutely bit the straw of his smoothie.

 

“It’s just an accident, baby. You know that daddy can be a klutz sometimes.”

 

“Not sometimes Daddy, but always.”

 

“Aww… Daddy is hurt.” The older said, dramatically clutching his heart. This caused Sunggyu to giggle. “Is my Gyu okay now?”

 

Sunggyu nodded. The kid was almost back to his old self, acting too smart and cheeky for a kid his age.

 

Ren smiled father-and-son’s interaction, watching them through the mirror. Maybe, if Sungjong adopted Woohyun, he wouldn’t be as miserable as he is right now. It had been a long time since he saw his friend smiles a real smile, and that was way way back in their first year of senior high school.

 

“Daddy, I was scared earlier.” The kid admitted.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because…”

 

“Because?”

 

“Because… I think Daddy’s gonna leave me…like mommy.”

 

“Don’t think that way, baby.” Myungsoo transferred Sunggyu on his lap and gently laid his head on the kid’s hair, kissing it. “I promised you, right? And Daddy don’t break his promises to his baby hamster… so don’t think that I’ll be leaving you.”

 

“I love you, Daddy.”

 

“I love you too, baby.”

 

The two remained in that position till they arrived to their destination, with Myungsoo humming an old lullaby, lulling the 6-year-old kid to sleep.

 

“Myungsoo-shii, we’re here.” Ren’s voice broke the silent reverie that duo was currently in. Myungsoo gawked at the sight of the building in front of him. The modern structure showed elegance and eccentricity. The building’s design was one of a kind and everything of the building even it’s nooks and corners were beautifully detailed. However, the building’s architecture gave some weird vibe of familiarity toward Myungsoo.

 

“Daddy, what are we doing here?” Asked Sunggyu as he cutely rubbed his small hands on his small eyes.

 

“Daddy’s here to meet a friend, so Gyu needs to be a good boy, okay?” Myungsoo took Sunggyu’s small hand with his own. Eyeing Ren who is smiling and cooing inwardly because of Sunggyu’s cuteness.

 

If the exterior design of the building was that elegant, the interior was screaming luxury, beauty and glamour.

 

“My boss is an architect. His family was into the architectural and engineering business since god knows when and this building was his first project. Actually, he just restored and renovated the old building giving it’s new beauty and elegance.” Ren explained as they walked to the lobby.

 

“You can sit there.” Ren pointed to the leather couches that were exquisitely arranged on the lobby. “I still need to confirm if my boss has not deserted us yet.”

 

As instructed, Myungsoo sat on one of the couches with Sunggyu sitting on his lap.

 

“Daddy, is he the friend that hurts you?” Sunggyu inquired, all seriousness can be seen in his small eyes. The kid was always smart even for a six-year-old kid and he had a better grasp of the things that was happening around him.

 

“Yes, baby.” The answer seemed stuck on Myungsoo’s throat as his son hug him around his waist and buried his head on his chest. He wanted to lie - maybe to avoid further conflicts - but lying was a not in Myungsoo’s dictionary, especially if it was lying to his own son. Feeling the dampness on his dress shirt, he knew that his son was crying for the third time that day which can be a miracle if they weren’t in a crucial situation right now.

 

“Then I don’t like that person, Daddy. Friend or not, I don’t like him because he hurts you.”

 


 

 

What can you say about babyGyu?^^

 

Another babyWoo moments will be added on the next chapter and we're going to post it soon. Please anticipate for it.

 

 

Please comment, subscribe, or upvote. It is highly appreciated.

 

Thank you!

 

-Rhay and deliberatemistake