Of Little Cherub and Guardian Angel

Under Empty Horizons

 

 “Daddy! Daddy!” The tiny voice of a 6-year old kid resonated throughout the room. The little kid was poking the cheeks of the older man to wake him up.

“Daddy, you have to wake up already!!!” The kid shouted sensing that the man was far from waking up. The older man snickered; of course, he was already awake even before the kid barged inside his room to wake him up. Feigning sleep, Myungsoo felt that the air was blown away from his body when the kid pounced on his stomach and straddled him while giving soft punches to his chest.

“Daddy, if you’re not going to wake up your baby will be late for school.” Instead of rising up from the bed, Myungsoo pulled the kid into a hug.

“Yah…Daddy… my clothes… my hair...” The little kid complained after seeing that his perfectly neat attire for the day was ruffled because of his dad. But he knew that his dad needed him that time so he decided to stay in his father’s arm.

“I love you so much daddy.” He whispered.

“I love you too, baby.” Myungsoo rose up from his bed and carried the kid in his arms.

“Come on Gyu, let’s get you ready for school.” Myungsoo said to the kid that he was carrying. “What do you want for break -” The older man was shocked after seeing the current state of their kitchen. Food was littered on the floor and other utensils were on the floor. However on the table were two peanut butter-and-jelly sandwiches and two glasses of milk.

“Daddy, uhmm… sorry… I want to prepare something for you but… you know.” Gyu told his dad in a silent voice while he surveyed the big mess that he has created. “But promise, I didn’t use a knife or the stove. I just want Daddy to be happy.” The kid continued, looking down at the floor.

“It’s okay, Gyu.” Myungsoo said as he crouched down and gave his son a smile that said everything was alright. True, he had a rough night but Sunggyu, his son, was there for him to make him laugh.

“Let’s clean it later, okay? Now let’s eat and after I prepare myself, we’ll be going to school.”

“Daddy, about last night…”

“It’s okay, Gyu, really… Daddy will always love his baby hamster, promise.”  

“Daddy, don’t call Gyu a hamster.” Sunggyu muttered as he pouted his adorable lips making Myungsoo laugh his heart out.

Myungsoo couldn’t help but smile as he recalled the earlier event this morning. That was the usual scenario at their home. He had Sunggyu with him since the little boy was a baby and it would be the end of him if they will be separated. Sunggyu was Myungsoo’s life even if it meant that he had to give up his dream and everything about it, even if it meant that he needed to give up on love, the kid was his son after all. Sunggyu was the one that gives Myungsoo the reason to live, he was the reason why he can smile, laugh, or cry. The little boy gave Myungsoo the emotions every father should experience.

He was currently lounging at his office, waiting for his last client. After that he needed to fetch Sunggyu from school and give him a little treat for cheering him up.

 He didn’t get what ran in the minds of his clients. They were investing on houses that they won’t even be using. He knew that his clients were prominent people but why buy a house in the first place if you won’t use it. There were many homeless people nowadays and his clients were buying houses from him for displays. However, he couldn’t complain about it since these people were also the one that brought food to his table and let’s say, his job is good money.  They were always looking for those housings and estates that were designed by a certain architectural designer who usually tagged his design with LSJ. Whoever that LSJ was, he knew it was an old shrewd guy that sat in his office, smoking his tobacco and waiting for his minions to submit their designs to be used by him to hoard money from the people that were blinded with the intricacy of his so-called creations.

After an hour of talking to his clients about the pros and cons of the estate that they would be investing and ignoring the malicious and seductive look that they were giving him, he was done for the day. He released a heavy sigh, so much for God on giving him a perfect face and body. He checked his watch, 30 minutes left before his baby boy’s dismissal. He decided to walk to his son’s school, to stretch his tingling limbs and to savor the fresh air.

He was busy savoring the environment when his world literally turned upside-down; and as he briefly saw a façade of an angel before he lost his consciousness, he uttered a simple prayer.

 “My dear angel, if I die today, please tell my baby Gyu and my mom and dad that I love them.”

 


Well... sorry for the delay guys. I have been busy lately and yes... my favorite dongsaeng is also busy that's why we haven't updated for a while...

 

So, two new characters was introduced. L-appa and his adorable six year old son, Sunggyu. Who likes a baby Gyu? (raise your feet...jk)

 

Please comment and subscribe to keep this story going.

 

and lastly, thanks to all that subscribed on this story. 

 

-Rhay