Epilogue: Letting Go

Psychosis.

 

 

It was weeks later, after his recovery and reenrollment to school that he took a long walk with Sulyeon down to the Han river. He had in his hands a page from his dictionary and the doll of Yongguk that his brother had finally finished. Sulyeon carried her last bottle of ipecac.

When the two reached their destination, they leaned over the bridge and held the symbols of their psychosis over the water.

"On the count of three." He said, smiling slightly.

"One." Sulyeon slowly uncorked the little brown bottle, sloshing the viscous yellow fluid inside.

"Two." Zelo read over the letter briefly, closing his eyes and letting it's meaning wash over him.

"Three." With a splash, the items fell and drifted away in the swollen gray river.

Zelo slipped his arms around Sulyeons' waist. "Goodbye." She called, waving her fingers playfully at the retreating relics.

He smiled, imagining the definition that no longer identified him. Thinking of the words swelling into thick, fat lines of dissolving ink and melting away with the onion skin paper, he recited it.

A severe cognitive disorder in which a person's personality is scrambled, causing any and all contact with reality and its inhabitants to be strained and impaired.

 

The End

 

 

 

 

Final chapter of this story. I thoroughly enjoyed writing this and I hope you enjoyed

reading it. Thanks for sticking around this long!

 

-Serenity