After the Last Midtown Show

Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most

Song: After the Last Midtown Show by The Academy Is...

 

Key POV:

“Yah! Jonghyun where are you? Minho is sending a search party for you.” I yelled into the phone.

I saw all the guys nod except Minho. He looked anxious and pale.

“I’m with Stephanie. What do you want?” He sounded annoyed. Oh with Stephanie? Eun Ha wouldn’t be so happy about that.

“Minho wants you to go home and finish your part on the French project. What are you doing with Stephanie?” I asked curiously.

“I went to visit her dad and I bumped into her there. We’re going out to dinner right now. Tell Minho to do it for me.” Minho overheard the last part and began screaming in French.

“Yah! Jonghyunvous êtes un hostie de merde. Je vous déteste. Vous allez nous faire échouer la classe. Je vais vous assassiner! You useless  !” I was scared for my life as I saw Minho pace around my apartment floor. Clearly Jonghyun is retarded because his next question made me want to smack him.

“What’s Minho’s problem?”

“He needs you to do your part of the project .” I yelled at him again.

“What did he even say?” He sounded annoyed. Minho took the phone away from me and started yelling at him. Behind me I saw Eun Ha flinch. She followed Onew and Minho here expecting to find Jonghyun. But since he’s not here she made me call him but I said no. Then Minho realized the French project was due today before 11. This only caused him to go on a rampage and demand me to call him when he found out that he didn’t do his part and there were only a couple of hours left before the deadline.

“I said that you’re a worthless piece of and I hate you because you are going to make us fail this class. You better watch out when I see or I will murder you. You worthless ! Got it or do you need more of an explanation.” He gripped my phone tightly.

“YAH! Minho please I’m with Stephanie. Cut me some slack this once hyung.”

“NO! Get your here or else.” He yelled and handed back my phone.

“Look Jongie. There is no need to get Minho more upset than he is so please get over here. Minho is bigger than you. He can crush you.” I heard him sigh.

“Tell Minho I’m sorry but I’m not leaving Stephanie for the world.” There was no use arguing with him. But then I got an idea.

“Well could you at least tell me where you are so I can mislead Minho incase he starts looking for you?” An evil grin spread across my face.

“We we’re going to eat at this one place I’m not sure of yet and after that we’re going to the beach. Thanks buddy I knew I could count on you.” Oh you have no idea.

“Okay bye Jongie!” I hung up and stared at Minho. I made sure Eun Ha was out of earshot before I told them about my evil plan.

“So Minho.” I glanced at him, he was still furious. I continued.

“Do you want revenge on Jongie?” He perked up and his evil smile matched mine.

“Oh yeah!” We bumped fists and I walked to Eun Ha.

“Hey sweetie so I found out where Jonghyun is.” I saw her eyes light up.

“Where?” She looked like a little kid who was about to be rewarded with candy.

“He’s at the beach. If you leave right now you can catch up to him.” She got up and bolted through my living room.

“Thanks Key I owe you one.” She screamed as she disappeared.

“No thank you.” Minho said.

“Does this mean we are going to spy on her?” Onew and Taemin asked. Taemin looked as evilly as we did and filled with joy as he asked the question. Onew just sounded annoyed.

“Yes!” Minho and I said at the same time.

 

Jonghyun POV:

 

We were walking towards the beach sipping our tamarindo flavored water. The sun had gone down while we were eating.

I still didn’t believe she asked me out to dinner. Maybe things are looking up. I stared at her for the billionth time today. My eyes still couldn’t adjust to her new hair color. It was mesmerizingly hot. We took off our shoes and enjoy the warm inviting sand. The salty breeze set the mood perfectly.

“Remember when we used to come to the beach every day after school?” She asked me as we continued walking. I remembered the numerous times we spent together on this beach. We laid on our backs sometimes talking about how our day went or sometimes we just enjoyed each other’s company without saying a word. I swear we spent most afternoons like that. Somewhere in the act we were part of something ours and ours alone. Anywhere was home.

“Yeah.” I nodded and smiled at her. We had settled in a perfect spot at the beach. Where the water can reach our feet but we wouldn’t get drenched. It felt perfect like in one of those cheesy romance films. She turned to face me. We stared at each other. Our eyes having a private conversation.

“And do you remember how we used to lay down and talk about how our day was?” She asked me. I rubbed my neck nervously. I was starting to get hot. I nodded. Right now would be the perfect time to kiss her but then she sat down pulling me down with her. She laid down and smiled at me. I followed her instructions and laid down next to her.

“How was your week?” She asked me. I sighed. I’m expecting too much.

“Ladies first.” I bumped her shoulder. She breathed in then exhaled.

“Well my week has been interesting. I fainted, became nostalgic, got yelled at, worked too hard, spent time with Taemin, spent time with Taemin on rooftops, spent time by myself on rooftops, dance on rooftops.” She laughed.

“How about you?” She returned the bump.

“My week has been absolutely fantastic. Met the girl of my dreams, spent all week thinking about her, and I think I’m falling in love with her.” I turned to look at her as we sat up. I sat there staring at her while she looked out to the ocean. She turned to me and was about to say something but we were interrupted by a tiny voice that was screaming my name.

“Jongie!” The tiny voice kept growing and growing. Stephanie turned to me looking confused. The tiny voice kept on growing. I couldn’t make out the tiny person that was heading in our direction. We got up and dusted ourselves. I was dusting my shorts when the tiny person tackled me to the ground.

“Hiyaaaa Jongie!” Eun Ha’s body was embracing my mine.

“I have been looking all over for you!” She squealed. I got up from her embrace and helped her up. She completely ignored Stephanie.

“Jongie! Why haven’t you answered my calls? I miss you like crazy.” She kissed me on my shoulder. “You could’ve come over to my house you know. I could’ve made you something to eat. I’ve been wanting to talk to you.” She grabbed my face and kissed me on my lips. This is not good! This is so not good! Stephanie is now watching us wide eyed.

“Jongie! I really did miss you. I haven’t seen you since Monday night! Where have you been silly?” She kissed me on the lips again. Stephanie cleared and Eun Ha turned back to face her.

“Uh hiya.” She smiled at Stephanie.

“I’m Eun Ha. I’m sure you have heard tons about me huh?” She asked her. I interrupted them.

“Stephanie this is Eun Ha my girlfriend.” I turned to Stephanie.

“Eun Ha this is Stephanie my…” I wanted to say girlfriend but stopped.

“Friend. Long time friend.” She finished for me.

 

Stephanie POV:

 

Girlfriend? Since when did he have a girlfriend? I shouldn’t be surprised at all. I should’ve seen this coming. He won’t change. He will always end up disappointing me. I feel mostly disappointed in myself for giving him another chance. I felt stupid for actually thinking we could have had something right now. The moment was perfect. But once again I let my naïve mind get the best of me. I’m starting to realize that fate doesn’t want us together. I should just be friends with Jonghyun. We are just going to be friends and nothing else. Even though I’m saying we should just be friends, I can’t seem to stop falling for him.

“Oh wow! Look at the time. I’m going home now. I have a big day tomorrow. It was nice talking to you Kim Jonghyun and nice meeting you Eun Ha is it?” I sounded like a professional salesperson. I shook both their hands and was about to walk away when Jonghyun interrupted me exit.

“Don’t leave, please.” He pouted.

“I have to. I have my audition tomorrow and it’s already late. Besides you have your girlfriend to keep you company. You don’t need me.” I turned to walk away. Luckily his girlfriend distracted him so I could get away. I must have gotten sand in my eyes because they became teary. I hate myself for being weak when it comes to Jonghyun.

 

 

Key POV:

 

We were standing by the pier where we could get a good view at the lovebirds. I have to admit Jonghyun was right. Eun Ha is like a tick. Once she’s got a hold of you she won’t let you go.

I saw Stephanie walk away and heading in our direction. Thanks goodness we can use ice-cream as an excuse. Since Taemin and Onew were eating some.

I was about to walk over to her but something about her made me stop in my tracks. Was she crying? She couldn’t be crying? It was suppose to be harmless revenge. Unless they were really on a date and I just ruined any chance they had of being together.

I felt a warm feeling in my stomach and sweat running down my neck. I think I’m feeling regret? Is that it? Regret? UGH! I hate this. How the did it come to this?

“She’s crying?” I whispered to Minho.

“Key you should go talk to her.”

“BWOH?!?” I masked horror. “Excuse me? Why do I have to talk to her?” That sounded selfish but I don’t want to talk to her. I might end up telling her this was all my doing and I don’t want her to hate me.

“Key you know her more than I do. Talk to her.” He pleaded.

“Why can’t Taemin go talk to her?” I whined.

“He wasn’t involved.”

 

 

Minho POV:

 

At Key’s apartment it sounded like a great plan, but seeing Stephanie so hurt made me feel guilty. I felt anger towards Key but that is hypocritical because I was part of this plan. I was just really upset with Jonghyun that I wanted revenge. But now I regret it.

“But I can’t talk to her, I might upset her more. I’m not good with emotions.” Key had a point there. He wasn’t the most compassionate guy. I sighed and gave in. I’ll take to her for everyone’s sake.

“Fine but you owe me girly.” I jokingly insulted him.

“Yah Minho!” He punched me and signaled me over to her.

I casually jogged up to her trying to think of things to say.

“Stephanie.” I called out. But I got lost for a second. The crying girl didn’t look like Stephanie. I called her name again and she turned. It was Stephanie. She just dyed her hair.

“Hey you dyed your hair.” I stated the obvious.

“Oh hey Minho.” She said without looking at me. She let out a long sigh.

“I know you guys were watching. I’m not stupid. Well I kinda am for falling in love with Jonghyun but still.” She looked up at me and whipped away her tears.

“I knew it was too good to be true you know. But I always fall for it. I knew he never really loved me.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure about that.” I told her.

“What do you mean?” She looked lost.

“I mean I know he loves you or else who wouldn’t have let you get away that quickly. I saw that he held you back. That means something. See JJong is kind of slow, useless, unreliable, stupid, undependable, lazy, impatient…” She cleared and laughed. I laughed along with her.

“Well anyways you get the point. He can be all those things but he is capable of loving someone. He just needs a little push that’s all. He just wants to give you enough space to think things over.” I told her.

She searched my eyes for something. Does she think I’m lying?

“You’re telling the truth. I can see it. But still there are always obstacles standing in our way. The only question that haunts me is, is he worth it?”

“He is a good guy even though he is lazy, impatient, arrogant, naïve, stubborn…” She cleared again and we laughed.

“Well only you can answer that question Steph. Nobody can choose for you.”

We walked in silence for a while. She stopped in front of me.

“Thanks Minho. You know you are by far the best comfort-er that has ever comforted me.” She laughed.

“In a way that made sense.” I hugged her. How can JJong hurt such a beautiful person like her?

“Okay I think we should go If you want to turn in you assignment on time. I’ll do Jonhyun’s part since he isn’t going to do it.” I forgot about the project.

“No its okay I’ll do it.” I said.

“No its fine. I finished mine with Taemin yesterday. I think I can help you out. It’s the least I can do.” She offered.

“Fine but you have to agree to let me repay you.” I looked at her. I don’t like owing anyone favors but I’ll make an exception with her since she is so nice.

“No its fine. I’ll help you free of charge.” She smiled.

“No I will repay you eventually.” I informed her.

She shook her head and crossed the street to where the rest of the guys were at. I have to admit. JJong is one lucky guy to have someone like her. Just so we’re clear. I’m not saying I fell for her. I’m just saying I like her as a person. She is real unlike most of these Californian Barbies. It would be nice to get to know her better.

I saw to figures moving from the corner of my eye. It was Jonghyun and Eun Ha. She was dragging him along speaking about who knows what while Jonghyun looked uninterested.

Revenge can be a sweet thing after all.

 

 

 

 

A big thanks to all the readers who actually read this(:
So here is the deal, comment and subscribe and I will make the next chapters more interesting.
If you comment and subscribe I will forever love you but to be completely honest I don't have many subscribers and that's kind of a drag and a let down i'm not going to lie. But i do have a good enough amount of views but still. So imma stop updating for a while until i get more subscribers and comments.
I will take this time to decide if I should continue the story or not.
I probably will but I'm not sure.
so yeah if you like the story subscribe and comment please(:
thanks.
with love,
pastelflowers<3