Electric Feel

Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most

heeeyy, I meant to update a while back but things came up. So background to this update. I don't know if SHINee listen's to Jimmy Eat World or MGMT or not but I'm basing this of my experience that I had on Friday and Saturday. Those of you from California may or may not know about the US opening of surf at Huntington Beach. But anywho that's where I was and I had a blast and thus creating this update. Hope you like it. And  hey not hating on Jimmy or MGMT kay? I don't know what the SHINee idols listen to kay? I just really like they're performances on that day, especially Jimmy Eat World.... kthanxbai<3

----------------------------------------------------------------------

song: Electric Feel by MGMT

 

Jonghyun POV:

Okay so I was bummed that I didn’t get to see Stephanie for a week. Although I feel somewhat relieved after that odd confession I heard her tell her dad. I should be ecstatic right? But somehow I feel uneasy. It’s a strange feeling to have after finding out that she probably has the same feelings that I have towards her. So in a way I’m happy she’s gone so I can think of a plan to win her over. 

So here I am walking to the beach because Key is bummed that he doesn’t get to see his Taeminnie for a week. Onew is bummed because Key is unhappy. And Minho is bummed because he had another argument with his mother. Well this is a ty day. What could possibly brighten up my mood?

Right! Minho had texted me earlier, well everyone, to meet at the beach. So here I am walking to the beach because Minho said this might cheer us up. Walking to the beach thinking about Stephanie. Walking to the beach while pouting at the outcome of events. Walking to the beach wanting to know what the Minho is planning to cheer us up.

As I crossed the street that led to the sandy shore I noticed a shaking Key. Typical Key. Why go to the beach if you’re afraid of the ocean? I headed in the direction of my best friend and noticed he wasn’t alone. Onew was there an ice-cream cone and Minho was there tapping his foot impatiently while he had his arms crossed over his chest. He spotted me and sent me a glare.

“What took you so long? Didn’t I tell you to get here before 7? I hope we still get a good view.” We all looked at him confused.

“Minho, what are you talking about?” Key scoffed. “I am so not getting anywhere near the ocean! Do you hear me you giant freak?” Key glared at him. Minho just laughed at his silliness. He then pointed to a huge stage surrounded by little tents and millions of people.

“What’s going on?” Onew asked his ice-cream.

“It’s the US open of surfing?” Minho asked incredulous at. “Haven’t you guys heard of it?” He asked bewildered. We shook our heads.

“Come on you guys!” Then I light went off in my head.

“You mean where there are BMX stunts and the surfing competitions?” I asked. Minho smiled and nodded eagerly.

“Yes Jongie you short dinosaur!” He swung an arm on my shoulder.

“Okay so what? I’m not gonna surf! Or ride a bike!” Key scoffed. That little diva.

“No Key! We’re here for the live performance right?” I smiled wide matching Minho’s.

“JIMMY EAT WORLD!” We screamed at the top of our lungs at the same time.

Now everything made sense. I felt a sudden weight lift off my shoulders. It’s been a while since I have actually taken the time and have fun. I haven’t had fun with my friends in a while. Probably Minho’s idea was brilliant. That’s what I need. Take the time. Take the time to think. Take the time to just let go and not worry constantly. It felt good not to worry for once. Not to worry if I hurt Stephanie or if I had said or done the wrong thing.

“What are you thinking about JJong?” Minho’s voice broke my thoughts. Pulling me closer to him.

“You know what Minho?” I looked up at the giant. “I’m giving up on her.” His usually big eyes became bigger in a nano-second.

“Are you serious?” He asked.

“No stupid! I’m not. Just for this week. I’m taking a break then I’m going for it.” I smiled.

“What are you talking about shorty?” He smiled.

“I am unconditionally, inevitably, head over heels in love with Stephanie. But like you guys said, I should let her breath right? Well, she’s gone for a week. I think that’s enough time.”

“Enough time for what?” He laughed at me now.

“For her to figure she’s in love with me too. And when she comes back she will be mine.”

“You are obviously out of your mind.”

Am I?

 

Stephanie POV: 

We arrived at New York. We checked into our hotel and then we met with Scotty and the other choreographers as a welcome meeting. Then after the meeting we headed back to the hotel having about a few hours to kill before our bedtime. Bedtime? What am I 5? I laughed to myself. Its currently 9 here. What to do at 9 p.m? Well as Taemin and I walked out of the studio earlier today, I heard someone talk about a band performance at the beach. Yes there is a beach here. It kind of made me feel at home.

So here I am walking with Taemin. Headed to a huge crowd that started forming out of nowhere. Whoa! Its crazy packed here. I heard them cheer MGMT! MGMT! MGMT! MGMT!

So that’s who they were waiting for. I bit my lip. Usually MGMT shows are a little too hectic. I eyed Taemin to make sure he was okay.

“Noona? Is this safe?” Taemin asked. His eyes widening. I can hear the fear growing inside him. I held his hand as we tried to get into the crowd. The crowd cheered again. What have I gotten Taemin into?

“What is that smell?” He sniffed. I covered his nose.

“Is that a skunk noona?” He looked at me. I felt guilty. How could I bring him to one of these places? The smell got stronger and it confirmed my suspicion. I looked at him and my guilt became somewhat unbearable. I can’t let my poor little Taeminnie be exposed to this. I gripped his hand tightly afraid that I would lose him. A cluster of people blew smoke in our direction making my nose cringe and my eyes water. That was some strong weed…

Taemin cringed his nose. I felt bad. I didn’t want to destroy his innocence.

“Minnie, I think we should get out of here.” Before I could pull him out of the crowd our hands were broken apart. I was pushed away from my Taeminnie. I could see his blond hair disappearing deep into the crowd.

Ah ! What have I done? I should’ve at least tried to find out what band was playing before we got here. I have to find him before he gets corrupted…

 

Key POV:

 

“What the hell is this?” I screamed. “Jonghyun, don’t ignore me!” I turned to boy around.

“Key calm down the show is about to start!”

I stood next to Jonghyun as the crowd began to cheer. We had gotten a pretty good view, if I cared. I scoffed. Why did I agree to come? I mean, I can’t complain. This band played pretty good music, but I don’t like being pushed and shoved around. I groaned in pain for the billionth time as someone elbowed my ribs. I wanted to leave but Onew kept stopping me from leaving. He said I needed a distraction. Damn chicken lover! Who are you to tell me what I need? I scoffed and dug out my cell phone from my pocket. I looked through my contacts and stopped when I saw Taemin’s number glow.

“Don’t you even think about calling him. Just let him be.” Onew said in a wise tone. I scoffed and watched as the band played a familiar song.

I'll accept with poise, with grace
when they draw my name from the lottery
and they'll say 'All the salt in the world couldn't melt that ice!'
I'm the one who gets away
I'm a New Jersey success-story
and they'll say 'Lord, give me a chance to shake that hand!'”

I was tapping my foot to the beat when an attractive guy wearing a backpack came up to me. He yelled over the music.

“Wanna go up there?” I looked at him confused and ignored him.

“Seriously though?” He asked again.

“What?” I asked him getting annoyed.

“Do you wanna crowdsurf?” He smiled and pointed to a girl who was surfing the crowd and then they gently put her down. Then he pointed to a guy who was happily yelling and was being carried when suddenly, he fell. Someone had dropped him. I looked up at the attractive guy.
“No thanks, I don’t wanna die.” I turned around to continue staring at the band, when suddenly a crowd surfer fell on top of me. FML!

“See, I told you!” I murmured as I got up and dusted my shorts. I glared at the laughing dinosaur, giant, and chicken.

“Yah Key don’t leave!” I glared as Minho grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I stuck out my tongue and walked away until I found a quiet spot. Well at least quiet enough to make a phone call. I looked through my contacts and clicked my Minnie’s number. I waited for his answer. I smiled to myself when I heard…

“Yoboseyo” But then my smile fell when I heard him whimper.

“Yah! Taemin-ah, are you okay?” I asked concerned.

“Yes I’m fine Key umma.” I could barely hear with all the noise. Noise? Is my Minnie at a party? I was about to ask him when a voice boomed into my ear.

“Hey blondie, do you happen to have a piece?”

What the hell? Taemin you better not be doing weed.

 

Taemin POV:

 

I stared at the shirtless muscular man trying to make sense of what he asked me.

“Yah! Taemin, who was that? A piece? A piece of what?” Key asked me. I myself was trying to figure that out.

“Minnie are you doing drugs? Taemin! Answer me this very second.” He yelled through the phone.

“Key I’m not doing drugs I’m fine I promise.” I heard him scoff.

“So do you have a piece or not?” The muscular man asked me again.

“A piece?” I stared at the man confused. I have to get out of here and find Stephanie.

“Yah! Taemin-ah you listen to me young man. If I find out that you are smoking weed, I will find you and I will make you regret it. Do you hear me?” Key yelled. I was about to answer but the muscular man took my phone away and hung up. Key isn’t going to be happy about that.

“Relax little blond! Let the music of MGMT take you away.” The muscular man spoke in a hippie way. He grabbed my arm and started dragging me more into the crowd. That smell hurt my nose. He stopped me and asked me that same stupid question…

“So do you have a piece?” I was getting annoyed.

“A piece of what? Gum?” The man laughed and swung an arm around my shoulder.

“I like you blondie.” Blondie? Now I know how Stephanie feels.

“Hey relax kid.” I female voice chimed in. I was about to protest when I noticed that comment wasn’t directed at me. She spoke in the same tone the man did. In a hippie way…

“Leave him alone, why don’t you go spread the love somewhere else?” She grabbed my hand as the man let go of my shoulder. She tried to walk away when the man got in her way and was now way to close to her face.

“Why don’t you spread me some loving?” The man laughed and was getting closer to her. I was getting angry. I wanted to help this beautiful girl that saved me a few seconds ago.

“Hey leave her alone.” I yelled and pushed the muscular man with no success. I didn’t even move him an inch.

“Hey, you have some balls kid.” I expected him to punch me but instead he laughed and danced to the song. The girl grabbed my hand which sent shivers through me. It felt like an electric shock. What the hell is this place?

I followed the girl who dragged me out of the crowd. She turned to me and this was the first time I looked at her. She was beautiful and I felt speechless. She had long flowing brown hair with a feather? She had a nice tan and a beautiful face fit for an angel.  I blushed at my thoughts.

“Well thank you. I’ll see you around Taemin Oppa.” She bowed. She was Korean? I was dumbfounded. How did she know my name? I wanted to scream but I didn’t know how to speak. I had lost all senses. I watched her walk into the crowd. My mouth started to function again.

“How do you know my name?” But it was too late, she had already disappeared. I listened to the song that was playing.

”Shock me like an electric eel
Baby girl
with your electric feel”

I smiled to myself as I remembered at the electric spark she made me feel when our hands touch. An electric feel. I smiled to myself again when I heard my name being called. I blushed, thanking the night sky so my face won’t be visible.

 

Minho POV:

 

I sang along to the song. How could my mother kick my father out? Why am I still calling her my mother? Forget it Minho. Just forget…

“Anyone can see my every flaw.
It isn't hard.
Anyone can say they're above this all.
It takes my pain away
.”

I thought back to the conversation I had with Jonghyun earlier. It made me feel guilty in a way. It made me feel guilty because I was suppose to follow a plan right? Make him jealous cause he can’t have her. But for what? I laughed to myself. So if a break the plan and forget it never happened, then what? Jonghyun will be all over Stephanie, right. But where does that leave Taemin? Guilt. I’m filled with guilt. It’s a lose lose situation.

I dug out my phone and sent Taemin a text.

The plan is off. Make your move. It’s all your Minnie. Don’t ask.

So I gave him the signal to make a move. Knowing Taemin he probably won’t. I smiled to myself. Well at least I feel a bit better. At least I gave him a chance.

Why is it that I am helpful with others, than I am with myself? I drowned my thoughts with the guitar solo. But that didn’t help at all. All I wanted to do was forget. No matter how hard I tried I couldn’t forget. Why is it that I can feel complete when I am with these guys, then I am at home? They will never know how much they truly mean to me. I sighed and continued my fight against my thought. I tried to drown them out.

 

(Flashback)

“Where is my father?” I asked trying to control my anger.

“He decided to leave.” She said as if nothing was wrong.

“Or did you kick him out again?” I asked. Disgusted by her lack of motherly instincts.

“Minho is there something I can help you with?” She asked bored. I couldn’t believe it. She was my mother. Why can’t she just keep her marriage together? At least for me. I can feel the anger rising. I shouldn’t be angry. She’s still my mother. But I couldn’t help it.

“Yes! Why don’t you get your together and bring my dad back.” I spat. Anger was the only thing I can feel now. Just anger…

“Minho watch your tone. Don’t forget I am your mother!” Tch!

“Fine mother.” That title didn’t suit her well. “I’m leaving.”

“Where do you think you’re going? We have an interview tomorrow and then you have your photo shoot! You need to rest.”

“Cancel it. Or get a replacement. You’re smart. Clearly you can figure something out on your own. Clearly you are better off alone, am I right?”

(End of flashback)

 

I held back a tear. I couldn’t show them that I’m weak.

“Hey Minho, have I ever told you that I love you bro.” I dorky smile was plastered on Jonghyun’s face as he looked at me admiringly. I don’t know what has gotten into him, but it made me feel good. It made me feel warm. I pushed the little guy and smiled at him.

Maybe things will get better…

I smiled wide for the first time tonight. I smiled and actually meant it. I had accomplished what I came here to do. All the arguments, all the anger and guilt, I have forgotten it. It felt like such a relief. For the first time I felt like things will get better…

_____________________________________________________

so yeah hope you enjoyed and don't hate.
comment and subscribeeee(:
much love
kthanxbai<3