Forget Your Heart

Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most

Song: Forget Your Heart by Silverstein

 

Stephanie POV:

“Did you hear that Min?” I asked my best friend as we were walking towards the lunch line

“Ummm… They are serving ice-cream for lunch?” I punched him in the arm playfully and laughed.

“No silly! There are going to be auditions for The Tempest.” I felt a sudden hint of Déjà vu.

His eye brightened up. “Are you going to try out noona?” He asked me.

I got a tray and looked around for anything appetizing. “Maybe, we’ll see oppa.”

“Hey you said oppa!” He looked at me shocked then laughed it off.

As I was reaching for a salad I felt a hand brush through mine. I looked up to see Jonghyun next to me reaching for the same salad as I was getting. I felt my face get red because I was staring at his eyes. He has a beautiful face. A face only a god has. I ran passed all those thoughts I had and became serious. I will not fall for Jonghyun ever again.

“Sorry.” I said and walked away. But he grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back. I looked at him but he didn’t speak. I started to sweat because his stare was beginning to make me uncomfortable.

“Will you move please I’m kinda hungry here?” I guy wearing a varsity jacket yelled at us. I took this opportunity to break free from his hold and runaway. As I caught up with Taemin it took me a while to realize that my locket had fallen off. It must have fallen off when Jonghyun pulled me back. The locket he gave me when he moved away when we were kids. Mine had a J and his had an S. Whatever! He can keep it for all I care. But I do care, sadly…

 

I was waiting in the auditorium after school waiting for the auditions. I thought the theatre waited for no one. I’m going to be late for dance if the drama teacher doesn’t hurry.

“Good afternoon children, and welcome to the house of art.” She said in the worst British accent ever.

“Well now then,” she continued, “Let’s have the blokes in one side and the ladies on the other shall we. Then we shall get started. I see that only one person is trying out for Miranda today, and then tomorrow the other Miranda’s can try out.” She stated from a paper.

Tomorrow? So I could’ve come tomorrow. Taemin answered my thoughts.

“If you listened to the announcement in the morning, which you didn’t because you were unconscious, she only auditions one Miranda at a time. I wonder who’s the Ferdinand today.” He drifted off into dreamland.

“Okay artists; let’s have Stephanie DeFranco and Choi Minho up please.” I heard her fake British accent echo the room. He’s Ferdinand? Well at least that’s better than. No! Don’t even think of his name.

“Stephanie you will be playing Miranda,” she said and I rolled my eyes, “Minho you will be playing?”

“Prospero.” He finished for her.

“Yes, Prospero. Carry on then. Act 1 Scene 2 please. Action!”

I started...

“If by your art, my dearest father, you have

Put the wild waters in this roar, allay them.”

 

Jonghyun POV:

 

She had an angelic voice when she spoke. It was beautiful, mesmerizing. And it took me back to when I first saw her. Everything was going smoothly when Minho’s voice interrupted me.

“I have done nothing but in care of thee,

Of thee, my dear one, thee, my daughter, who

Art ignorant of what thou art….”

He continued. I laughed silently to myself. But then I realized. He was up there with her. I felt jealous again, I wanted to throw by script and Minho to get off stage and away from her. They were standing so close. Way to close from my point of view.

“And end scene.” I heard Minho say. The he looked at Stephanie and he smiled at her. Then he winked at her and hugged her? What the hell? Why would he hug her?

 

Stephanie POV:

 

Wow! Minho is funny. As soon as we ended the scene he winked at me and hugged me. Then he wished me luck and got off the stage.

“Let’s heat things up a bit,” the drama teacher said, “Let’s do Act 3 Scene 1. Let’s start on line 71 for the sake of time. And for Ferdinand let’s get,” she looked the paper in front of her, “Kim Jonghyun.” I swear my heart stopped, I wanted to faint, I wanted to scream, and I wanted to kiss him… What? No! Get these thoughts out of your head girl!

 

Minho POV:

 

“Jonghyun and Stephanie. Fate is on his side today I swear.” I was talking to Key on the phone.

“Yah! Hang up and record this, make sure to get something good, you’re tall enough to get good views.” He yelled in the phone.

“Yah! Bye girly!” I hung up before he started yelling again.

I saw Jonghyun make his way to that stage. He was practically jumping with joy. I didn’t know if laughing was appropriate for this situation or should I be scared for what’s about to happen? I took out my phone and started recoding.

 

Jonghyun POV:

 

I was ecstatic. Out of all the other guys trying out, I was chosen. Wow! I feel great, I feel amazing, and I feel sick. One look at Stephanie and I knew she wasn’t happy. Quickly I wiped the smile off my face and looked serious. I took one look at my script then dropped on the floor. Hopefully memorizing my lines would impress her.

“And action!” I heard the fat drama teacher yell.

I start the scene. I gulped and rubbed the back of my neck nervously. I my lips and stared into her eyes. I moved the bangs out of my face and began reciting my first line.

(This might be a little long, you don’t have to read it if you want.)
I cleared my throat and began my line

 

“I am in my condition A prince, Miranda; I do think, a king; I would, not so!--and would no more endure This wooden slavery than to suffer The flesh-fly blow my mouth. Hear my soul speak: The very instant that I saw you, did My heart fly to your service; there resides, To make me slave to it; and for your sake Am I this patient log--man.”


“Do you love me?”
 

I heard her ask me…

 

“Yes I do, a lot! More that you can ever imagine.” I was about to run toward her but then I noticed, that was part of her line, she didn’t mean to ask me that. I rubbed my neck and picked up where I got lost. I stared at the ceiling to try to calm my nerves.
“But if I have to speaketh in Shakespearean to expresseth my amour to thou I will.” I looked up at her and winked. Then I continued my line.“O heaven, O earth, bear witness to this sound And crown what I profess with kind event If I speak true! if hollowly, invert What best is boded me to mischief! I Beyond all limit of what else i' the world Do love, prize, honour you.”
 

Stephanie POV:

 

What the hell. I looked at him horrified and embarrassed. I just want to run away or worse slap him in the face. Is he turning red? Is he embarrassed? I should be the one mortified. The old fat drama teacher cleared
 

“I am a fool To weep at what I am glad of.”

This is another line for Prospero. I looked up at him and I noticed that he was still blushing and taking deep breaths.

“Wherefore weep you?” He looked at me.
 

As I repeated these lines, I remembered the distant memories we shared together. This was the monologue I had recited the when I first saw him.


“At mine unworthiness that dare not offer What I desire to give, and much less take What I shall die to want. But this is trifling; And all the more it seeks to hide itself, The bigger bulk it shows. Hence, bashful cunning! And prompt me, plain and holy innocence!
I am your wife, it you will marry me; If not, I'll die your maid: to be your fellow
You may deny me; but I'll be your servant, Whether you will or no.”

“My mistress, dearest; And I thus humble ever.”
He looked at me with intense eyes. I blushed like mad.

“My husband, then?” I looked to the ground trying to cover my face.I saw him smile at me as he repeated his line. Walking towards me, extending his hand. Is he going to hold my hand? He was close to me now faces inches apart. He looked for my hand but I instinctively pulled back glaring daggers at him. The drama teacher cleared again and signaled for me to give him my hand. As we clasped hands I felt my whole body heat up. I tensed up when he gripped my hand.

“Ay, with a heart as willing As e'er of freedom: here's my hand.” He winked at me. And gripped my hand tighter.

“And mine, with my heart in't; and now farewell Till half an hour hence.” If only you knew how nervous you make Jonghyun. I hate the way you make me feel.


“A thousand thousand!” We looked at the audience and bowed.

 

“End scene.” I said and walked of the stage. I heard the drama teacher call out something like bravo. Check the bulletin board for call backs. Excellent you guys were great, you brought life into this.

 

Okay now to dance I go.

“Let’s go Taemin.” I commanded him before Jonghyun came over to talk to me or something. But when I looked at Taemin I saw that his expression became frozen into shock, I turned my shoulder and saw that Jonghyun was standing behind me.

 

“Can I talk to you?” He asked quietly.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading(: I will post soon:D

Hope you like it and if you don't sorry:|

comment please(: I will take suggestions and ideas<3