Dammit

Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most

song: Dammit by Blink 182

 

Taemin POV:

 

I stood outside waiting for Stephanie. I can’t believe my name was called out first. It was either because I was really good or I was really bad. Aish! I’m so uncertain. I could use some sweets right about now. To distract myself I thought of the way Stephanie kissed me on the cheek and how she blew me a kiss. I blushed. Damnit Taemin you’re such a sissy. You need to grow up. Men don’t blush.

I heard the door open and I saw a few familiar faces walk by with gloomy faces. Then I heard the door open again but I didn’t see anyone get out. It was probably just my imagination. I looked down to the ground thinking about how Stephanie is holding up. I heard a giggle and arms wrap around my waist. I blushed as I turned to see Stephanie. She had embraced me in a hug while I was deep in thought about her. I guess she had been standing there for a while now, watching me. I blushed again. We sat down and I broke the silence.

“S-Stephanie? S-s-sorry. How d-did you do?” I blushed, yet again. She sat there in thought.

“It blowed!” She smiled and grabbed my hand as we ran across the street to lean on the rail that headed to the beach.

Since we hadn’t been in the audition for long the sun was still rising. We had time to watch the rising sun. As she held my hand I felt my heart skip a beat. She gripped my hand tighter and I blushed. Aish! Taemin grow the up, be a man!

“Noona?” I questioned. I thought back to the plan that the hyungs and I discussed last night. This was the perfect opportunity to tell Stephanie how I felt. She looked at me.

“Yes?” She smiled and it took me off guard.

“You look pretty today.” I sighed. I don’t think I’ll be able to tell her how I feel. I heard her laugh.

“You think so? Even though I’m wearing a stranger’s pants?” She laughed and that made me laugh.

“Minnie, it’s alright to tell me what you think about me. I won’t try to argue or hold it against you.” She said. I was taken a back at her bluntness. I smiled and tried to find the courage I needed.

“Noona?” I attempted my confession again.

“Yes Minnie?” She ruffled my blond hair. “You know you do look like a Californian surfer boy with that blond hair of yours. It suits you well.” She pinched my cheeks. I sighed.

“Noona don’t pinch my cheeks like a child. I’m a man!” She laughed and that made me a bit angry. But I couldn’t stay angry at her. I sighed and tried again.

“Noona? I just wanted to tell you that I…” I was interrupted by the ringing of my phone. Gosh darn it are you freaking kidding me?

Go go power rangers! Go go power rangers!

“Yes Minnie you are a man. Power Rangers are totally manly.” She laughed with sarcasm. I looked at my phone and I saw that it was Minho hyung. She let go of my hand so I could answer.

“Yah! Taemin-ah, where are you guys at?” I turned around at the sound of a motorcycle.

“In front of you hyung.” I sighed in disappointment for not confessing to her. But I smiled as I saw Minho approaching us.

“I knew I recognized that set of blond hair. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a true Californian surfer boy?” He joked as I hung up the phone and he joined us. We all laughed at Minho last statement.

“So to Starbucks we go.” Minho linked arms with us and we walked together to the nearby coffee shop.

 

Jonghyun POV:

 

I stared at the sticker that I plastered on dresser. I’m STD free! I sighed. Last night was very painful, literally. After Stephanie left, Eun Ha remained by my side. She wouldn’t leave me alone. She stuck to me like a piece of gum. I silently laughed as I was reminded of Key when I stuck a piece of gum in his hair. I laughed but then sighed.

Eun Ha had dragged me along the beach and was heading in the direction of a street fair. She dragged me a long to a nearby clinic that had a booth up. There was a banner that said ‘Get tested for STDs for free here. Couples receive a free gift.’

“What are you doing?” I asked as she headed to the booth. She laughed at me like I was stupid.

“We’re going to get tested dummy. Aish oppa!”

“What?” I shivered. I hate needles. I hate anything that has to do with hospitals or needles. I shook my head in disapproval.

“Don’t be a wimp oppa.” She dragged me.

“Noooooo! I hate needles.” I tried to break away. The nurse greeted us and said.

“Ladies to the left and gentleman to the right.” I saw Eun Ha disappear and I took the chance to runaway but I was caught by these 2 huge male nurses. I was taken inside the little tent even if I protested. They didn’t let me go. They sat me down on a chair where a nurse was waiting for me.

 

I shivered at the thought of last night. I rubbed my arm continuously afraid that it might fall off due to all the needles that were stuck in me. I sighed.

 

“Hold still you little shrimp.” The nurse laughed as I struggled to break free from her grip.

“I need assistance please.” She yelled over her shoulder.

“Please hold still kid. If I poke the wrong vein it could be fatal.” I gasped as she said that. Sweat running down my face. I can’t do this! That psycho brought me here to die! What type of girlfriend is that? Isn’t it illegal to do this type of things without my consent?

As the nurse tightened her grip on me, I struggled more to break free. “Please. I’m not supposed to be here! Let me go!” I pleaded biting my lip. The nurse sighed and let me go. As I stood up I felt something sharp dig into my shoulder. Like a mosquito bite. I instantly felt relax and I felt my body go limp. I heard someone whisper.

“Sorry kid but we were given specific orders to go through with this procedure no matter what.” That psycho was forcing me to get tested? I’m so breaking up with her. I didn’t have enough strength to hate. I felt relax and I started to laugh uncontrollably. I sat down on the chair and laughed like crazy.

 

I let out an exasperated groan. I had about a dozen needles in me that night. I rubbed my arm again and turned over on my bed hoping that I could sleep. I saw the on my nightstand and I turned over on my bed again staring at the ceiling.

 

“Well you are a lovely young couple” Said an elderly nurse. She plastered a sticker on my chest and did the same with Eun Ha. I was still out of it thanks to the tranquilizing injection. Eun Ha had planned all this from the beginning. That psycho!

“Where are our free gifts?” The monster spoke out.

“Here.” The nurse handed her a lollipop. “And for the gentleman.” She handed me a .

“Help promote safe !”

 

 Aish! I got up from my bed and got dressed. I couldn’t stand being here anymore. I had to get away and clear my head. I headed out the door and jogged to Starbucks far from anything or anyone that could recognize me. As I made my way to the coffee shop I looked around to see if there were any familiar faces. I didn’t see anybody. I felt relieved. It was 8 am who would be out this early on a Saturday morning anyway?

“Venti Chai Tea Latte.” I heard the barista announce. I walked over to get my drink when I had reached out for the same cup I reached for. I looked up to see Stephanie’s face looking at my hand.

“Sorry.” She said and let go. I looked at the cup and saw JJong written on it. How come I didn’t see her before? I grabbed her arm before she walked away but I instantly regretted it when I felt a sharp pain go through my arm. I winced but brought myself to it up.

“Can I talk to you?” I asked her hoping she would accept. I winced again at me throbbing arm. I saw a smile creep onto her face. Was she laughing at my pain?

“I can’t I have to get back to Taemin and Minho.” She pointed to a table that was mostly hidden by a huge vase. No wonder I couldn’t see them.

“Minnie and Minho seem plenty busy. Please can we talk for a bit? It won’t take long.” I reassured her. I pointed to the boys that were having a tickle war. She sighed and grabbed my arm to lead me outside. I let out a cry of pain as she dragged me out. My arm was throbbing with pain.

We stood outside for a while. I decided to speak first.

“So how was your audition?” I asked stupidly. She sighed.

“Why do you care Jonghyun?” She took my drink and sipped it. She looked at me and fluttered her eyelashes. What a tease! I bit my lip to keep from saying something stupid. She returned the cup to me.

“Why must you be a , Stephanie DeFranco?” I yelled. Did I really just say that?

“Why must you be a Jonghyun Kim? Okay that sounded wrong but I don’t care you got to use my full name so why can’t I?” She yelled back glaring me down. I guess I deserved it. We glared at each other and her face softened. We broke into laughter as I took a sip of my drink. Technically we just kissed, I thought as I drank my tea.

“Stephanie, is it too late to apologize?” I asked her. She took my drink and took another sip. She her lips and fluttered her eyes at me.

“Don’t be a tease.” I warned her. She laughed.

“Don’t be dramatic dinosaur .” She punched me on the shoulder. “It’s okay I forgive you.” She threw me a warm smile. Relief washed over me.

“So that means we can try again?” I asked expectantly. I perked up. Hoping she says yes.

“Of course. What are friends for?” She emphasized the word friends. That’s not what I was going for but at least it’s something.

I smiled at her and looked out into the horizon as I drank my tea. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her staring at me.

“I know I’m hot babe. Don’t get lost there.” I saw that she blushed. She shoved me. What the hell? When did she get strong? My arm shot up in pain.

“Don’t flatter yourself dinosaur face.”

 

Minho POV:

 

I turned to look at Taemin. He was gripping the table top tightly. His knuckles were turning white.

“Yah! Taemin-ah, are you okay?” He was laughing along with me just a few minutes ago. What just happened?

“Taemin-ah! Yah!” I clapped my hands and he broke his glare from the window where I saw Stephanie and Jonghyun.

“Don’t tell me you like Stephanie.” He blushed and suddenly became angry. Throughout the years that I’ve known him I’ve never seen him this angry before.

“Dammit! It happened once again!” He slammed his fist on the table. I looked at him cautiously. “I turned into a friend again. Just someone that understands. That can see through the master plan. Well I’ve waited for too long.” He became sad.

“Taeminnie calm down. Just relax and drink you’re hot chocolate. Nothing happened between them just look.” We turned to look at the now bickering couple.

“You will still have your chance Minnie just stick to the plan.”

“Minho hyung will you help me?” I laughed. He can’t be serious. I looked at his puppy dog pout and I knew he was serious. There was no sense in denying it.

“What do you need help in Minnie?”

“Help me make a move.” He looked up at me like an innocent child.

“Aigoo you’re so cute Taemin-ah. You’re so innocent.”

“Hyung.” He whined.

“You already have girls flaunting all over you, why do you need help all of a sudden?” He fidgeted in his seat and bit his lip. He contemplated in the idea of telling me what was on his mind or not.

“I haven’t had a girlfriend before.” He mumbled. Was he serious? I couldn’t be hearing right?

“What?” I asked trying to confirm.

“I haven’t had a girlfriend yet.” He still mumbled. He was serious. I held back a laugh.

“What was that Taeminnie I can’t hear you?”

“I’VE NEVER HAD A GIRLFRIEND!” He yelled. This time I burst out laughing.

“I heard you I just couldn’t believe it.” I cracked up. He stuck out his tongue at me mehrong.

“So can you help me hyung?” I stopped laughing and pinched his cheeks.

“Sure kid I’ll help you.”

“I’m not a kid I’m a man!” He declared to the heavens. He flushed red in fury that just made me laugh more.

“Aigoo you really are cute.” I ruffled his blond hair.

 

Onew POV:

 

“Yeobo, wake up.” I voice whispered. I instantly recognized it. That voice belonged to Key. Sometimes I regretted this role play.

“Go away!” I groaned and threw a pillow in the direction the voice was coming from.

“Did you just yell at me and threw a pillow at me?” His voice was filled with astonishment at what I had just done. Big mistake Onew. You’re going to get punished for defying Key. I opened my eyes and got up in a flash.

“Sorry Key I didn’t mean to raise my voice at you. I’m sorry.” I begged as I got on my knees.

“That’s better.” He smiled. “You’re breakfast is on the table.” I sat cautiously at the end of the table as I watched him take a seat next to me. He was actually acting quite nice that usual. Something is going on.

“Why are you being good to me Key?” Suspicion was clearly stated on my voice.

“What do you mean? I just want to keep my hubby in good shape.” He got up and kissed me on the forehead before serving me a cup of coffee. I eyed him suspiciously. He made me my favorite food for breakfast? He kissed me on the forehead? He called me hubby? Something is definitely going on.

“What’s up?” I asked him as he tried to play innocent.

“Eat your food and I’ll tell you.” He instructed me and I followed. I picked at the rice and dug into the chicken. I love the way Key prepared my chicken.

“So I was thinking that maybe we need a change in our relationship. Change is good right?” He stared at me trying to read my expression. We’ve been a married couple for years now. What more does he want?

“What are you saying?” I chewed on my chicken. I was afraid he would want to take this role play relationship seriously.

“I think we should adopt.” He perked up at the idea. I choked on my chicken.

“WHAAAA?” I looked to see if he was kidding but clearly he wasn’t. He was grinning from ear to ear.

“Key are you serious?” I took a drink of my coffee.

“Onew think about it. Won’t it be fun to adopt?” He cheered.

“I can’t support another mouth to feed. I can barely handle you and now you want to add more?” I freaked out.

“Well you should get off your lazy and go to college instead of telling daddy to keep you in high school as an assistant just because you don’t want to go to college alone. Make something of yourself.” He was upset. I sighed and thought about it for a bit.

“Who did you have in mind?” He perked up. Bi-polar freak.

“Lee Taeminnnie.” He said in a sing song voice.

I’ve known Taemin for a while now and he seems like a great kid.

“Sure why not. We can adopt Taemin, but only him okay?” I gave in and I warned him.

“Yay! Yeobo! You’re the best! You have made me so happy!” He ran and tackled me into a hug.

“Whoa keep it PG!” Key let me go and we were interrupted by Jonghyun.

“Jongie! Onew and I are going to be parents.” Key cheered.

“Woah Onew I didn’t think you had it in you to nail this diva.” Key smacked him on the head with his hand. I chuckled and continued eating.

“Why so bitter Jongie?” I asked as he joined us at the breakfast table.

“I just talked to Stephanie this morning.” At the sound of her name I thought of the plan we discussed last night.

“Why must she play tricks on me?” I sighed in relief. I though he figured out our plan. I decided to let this conversation drop. Key on the other hand…

“Yeobo how did you meet Stephanie?” He looked at me with curiosity.

“Yeah I’m curious.” Jonghyun chimed in. I knew this question was bound to pop up eventually.

I though back at the day I first met Stephanie. She was with Taemin eating in this restaurant that I was eating at as well. I had ordered a chicken sandwich and boy was that good. As I was getting up to throw away the rest of my tater tots I tripped on my own feet. I thought I was going to land on the cold hard ground but I didn’t. Instead I fell on top of a soft cushion with blond hair? I had spilled my contents on the girl below me. I looked at her shocked that she might yell at me and maybe punch me. I got off of her and helped her up looking away from her because I spilled my coke and ketchup filled tater tots on her. To my surprise I heard the girl laugh at me.

“Hi I’m Stephanie” The blond extended her hand to me. I smiled and shook her hand.

“Hi I’m Jinki, but you can call me Onew.”

“Imma call you tot.” She smiled at me and we broke into laughter. She was a lovable character.

The guys looked at me amused. They slowly began to laugh and they soon cracked up. Key was laughing like a hyena while Jonghyun looked like he was having a seizure laughing silently.

“Are you serious?” Key choked out wiping the tears from his face.

“ing Jinki you’re such a klutz.” Jonghyun yelled as his face was turning from red to blue.

“Tot?” They looked at each other and erupted into more laughter.

“Yeah, that’s why she calls me Tate or Mr. Tot or tater tot.” I said then stopped as I realized I was setting myself up for more humiliation. Instead I continued eating.

“Jinki you’re a joke I ing swear.” Jonghyun continued laughing away.

“Onew ing condition!” Key chimed in.

“Yah! Key do you want a kid or not?” I yelled getting annoyed. That shut him up.

“I on the other hand don’t want a kid and I’m not married so what now.” He carried on laughing and he felt victorious. I was getting annoyed and Key looked at me worriedly. He knew I was getting angry. I knew how to shut him up.

“You know that day I first saw her I thought it was love at first sight.” I smiled innocently. He stopped laughing and turned serious.
“More like lust.” He sneered. His laughs officially died and I smiled evilly at him. I felt triumphant.

“I think I’m going to ask her out on a date.” I declared reaching for my phone.

“Don’t you ing dare.” He glared at me and I smiled even wider.

“You have Eun Ha.” I said mockingly.

“And you have Key.” He yelled making Key and I laugh.

“Its role play Jonghyun. No strings attached.” I got up and clenched my fists trying to control myself. I guess Key sensed the tension because he got up and said, “Not if I ask her out first!” We saw the skinny diva’s back race to his room. Jonghyun and I stared at each other thinking…

“What the hell just happened?” We said at the same time.

___________________________

 

 

i meant to update this on Monday but I was to busy admiring Teen Top's new MV(:
CAP IS SOOOOO HOT<3
I love it): Well anyways thanks for reading and hopefully this longs chapter will compensate for the absence.
Thanks and enjoy
Comment and Suscribe:D
THANKS(:
A/N: I hope you know that the italicized parts are flashbacks(: