After

Eight Keys to Love

 

Shinra kept crying that time while cursing to herself. She fell asleep on her bed and the next morning when she woke up, her eyelids felt so heavy. It must be because she cried too much last night. She released a sigh as the red cheeks must be gone when she slept but the eyes still showed everything.

 

She put a mask on her face when she stepped out from her room, thus gaining the attention from the maids. They asked her what was wrong with her face and she said she have an acne. The maids giggled with the princess as how funny her acts was. Yes, everyone was buying her lie. Well, except that one person.

 

"Princess!" He called her as she started running to the other direction. "Wait!" He called from behind but she didn't stop. She kept running until she reached her own room and locked it. She didn't want to meet him alone, she already has a hard time to have a breakfast with him just now.

 

He knocked continuously at her door while kept calling her name. "Princess.. princess, please come out." But she ignored him while burying her face on the pillow. "Go away, Kris," she whispered in a low voice.

 

Then, she started to cry again. What have she did to make him not falling in love with her? Everyone loved her so why didn't he love her, too?

 

The next day, Shinra was running again from Kris. She locked her room again from inside, but weirdly, there was no sound of someone knocking her door. Did he leave? Because there was not even a single knock.

 

Then, a click could be hear from the door. And there was Kris standing on the door. He was holding the spare key to her room in his hand. Her eyes widened and she took a pillow beside her. She threw it to his face. Basically, she was throwing everything on her bed to him.

 

"H-hey, wait. Princess, wai-" his words got cut as another thing hit his face. Sighing, he stepped forward and grabbed her wrists. "Please, we need to talk, Princess."

 

"We don't need to talk," she said from behind her mask. She got hurt by his action. How could he want to have a talk if the answer would still always no? She knew he was a persistent person on everything. A single no would always mean no.

 

Then, he sat beside her while still holding his wrists on his lap. "Don't.. hide your face like that, Princess."

 

Shinra frowned. "It's not your business." She clicked her tongue and said, "If you only come here to say that, you can leave now, Kris."

 

He sighed again. "I want to apologize to you. I am sorry for being stupid for not realizing your feelings before. I never know that I was actually this ignorant." He looked down. "I am sorry.."

 

She gave him a thin smile. She tried to make him go away while acting like she was thinking deeply about his words. Inside her, the tears was threatening to fall again. She pulled her hands from his grip and tapped his hands. He looked up at her who was now signaling the door with her head. He nodded a little and sighed, then stepped out from her room after giving the last glance at her.

 

After he was really out of her sight, she ran to the door and locked it. She knew he would understand not to just barge in to her room again. He knew that she need time to pour all of her feeling again. But now, the sadness has turned into the upset feeling.

 

Seriously, did he really think that an apology can heal all this pain away?! Her scream got muffled by the pillow.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N : Sorry for the long wait.. Do comments, guys! ^^ I want to know what do you think of this story until now.