That Time

Eight Keys to Love

 

Some months have passed since Kris also lived in the palace. Their rooms was quiet far to each other, but they would end up meeting in the other place. The time for the princess to get married was coming nearer and lots of the princes from the other kingdoms have told their will to propose the beautiful princess. But, Shinra found herself waiting for Kris.

 

However, seven months has gone in the blink of eye and there came the time when she couldn't wait any longer. Her parents have kept telling her to make her mind about her future husband, while Kris still did nothing to make his move.

 

She asked her mind if maybe he was too shy, but she quickly shook her head at that thought. Kris was not someone who would get shy at something like that. So after making up her mind, she decided to confess straightly to Kris today.

 

Shinra couldn't let a single day passed again with nothing.

 

The two of them was sitting alone on the garden's bench while staring at the sparkling stars when she said those words. The atmosphere was so serene, thus adding the romantic feeling in the air.

 

"Kris.." she called, making him turned around to lock his gaze with her. "I love you," she smiled while saying it. "You are a very nice guy and you always treat me well ever since the first time we met. At first, it was only a little feeling of crush. But then, it is growing everyday until it becomes love like this. I love you, Kris."

 

But, her wish crashed to the ground as she saw how blank his face turned to be. Is he playing trick on me? She thought. She waved her hand in front of his face while saying his name, "Kris?"

 

A rush of disappointment slapped her as the said male only took a deep breath as a respond. She imagined he would pull her into a tight hug and declaring his love back just like how that romantic story she have read. But, she didn't saw it coming.

 

"I'm sorry." He whispered those words, making her eyes blurred by the tears.

 

Her heart was clenching in the pain and she stood up from the bench. She ran to her room before anyone could see the tears that fell to her cheeks. She cried her heart out, thus realizing if that seven years was only a one-sided love.

 

She laughed silently as to how stupid she was to believe that he would even like her back. So, it was true that he only saw her as the princess. The princess that was nice to everyone, with no special feeling for someone. Did he really think of her like that? Did he really blind to her feelings for all this time? Didn't he ever realize that she loved him so much?

 

"I love you so much that it hurts, Kris.."