Then She Threw a Bath Sponge at my Head

One Day

Seunghyun went to the kitchen to decant a bottle of merlot. He needed a drink to relax after the strange events of the evening. As he waited for the wine to breathe and become sufficiently aerated, he could just perceive the sound of music in the background. Granted, it was a large house, but the music seemed to be coming from his bedroom area. That was odd, his sister had her own room when she stayed over, why would she use his room?  An uneasy feeling settled in his stomach.  It did not seem that the strangeness was done with him yet.  Seunghyun slowly tread toward his room. As he grew closer to his destination the music became louder and identifiable.  A woman was singing American Blues in English.  Seunghyun didn't have any American Blues in his music collection and his family and friends rarely listened to it. So who was in his bedroom? Seunghyun could see that his bedroom door was slightly ajar. He placed a hand on the wood and cautiously pushed it open.  The bedroom was dark, but there was a line of yellow, flickering light coming from his bathroom door.  The blues music was louder in the bedroom.  Seunghyun found the source of the music as a strange contraption that looked like a smartphone, but had stereo quality sound coming from it.  There was no button on the phone to bring up the screen, but when his fingers brushed the surface, the screen lit up and what looked like a power button and Seunghyun pushed it. Immediately the darkened room was plunged into silence.  Now Seunghyun could hear the light splashing sound in the bathroom beyond.  Someone was in his bathroom. Was it a crazy fan who had broken into his inner sanctum? A burglar enjoying a leisurely bubble bath as they robbed him blind? Or was it really his sister, making use of his large jacuzzi soaking tub while he was not home? He thought it wise to at least take a peek before he called the police. Before he could fully grasp the doorknob and turn it a husky, feminine voice stopped him in his tracks. "Seunghyun is that you?" she shouted through the door. "You're back early. I thought you were staying at the dorms tonight with the guys."

Seunghyun was a bit taken aback. He didn't recognize the voice, but the easy familiarity she had with his name threw him off. Her accent was also strange, foreign.  She spoke his language well, but he could tell it was not her first.  She almost sounded American. Working up his courage, Seunghyun again grasped the doorknob and was able to slowly push it open.  His eyes adjusted to the flickering dimness of the candlelight in the bathroom. Enough that he was able to tell that it wasn't his bathroom.  There were subtle changes here and there.  He noticed that the light fixtures were no longer where they had been this morning.  The large mirror had been moved to accomodate a double sink.  The color scheme was also different. It was peach and cream instead of the color he remembered seeing just that afternoon.  She had changed around his whole bathroom too? What else did she change? What was the purpose of all that work in a single day? More confused than ever, Seunghyun looked to the body relaxing in his large tub.  Bubbles covered most of her body but he could make out an older woman lounging in his bathtub with a washcloth over her eyes.  Her hair, falling over the edge of the tub, shone a chestnut brown shot with red in the flickering candlelight.  She was well past the first blush of youth and Seunghyun wondered who she was? Some kind of escaped mental patient who wandered in from the street? If so, how did she know his name? He studied what he could see of her in the flickering candlelight. Her fingers laying on the side of the bath were long and elegant, the nails short and unpainted. Her skin was pale and seemed golden in the glow of the candles. Seunghyun stepped closer and peered into the water. He was slightly frustrated to find the bubbles obscured anything interesting. He then shook his head vigourously and slapped his face. He was such a ert. Here he was, ogling a psycho woman in his bathroom when he should be calling the police. The woman's leg suddenly emerged from the water and she rested it on the side of the tub. Her pert pink mouth widened into a lasvicious grin. "I'm glad you are home though darling." she purred, seductively. "The kids are over at your parents tonight and I do believe it's your birthday. Why don't you come on in the tub with me and we can play some water games?"

Seunghyun gulped audibly. The skin on her leg was smooth and glistening. He could just see the mounds of her generous s starting to emerge from the bubbles in the water. He finally spoke, "I do not think that would be a good idea. I think you should get out now."

Her lips settled into a pouting moue and she took the washcloth off her face. Her eyes were still shut but Seunghyun could tell she was a Caucasian woman. "Aw, you are no fun at all." she pouted. "Do you have a cold or something? Your voice sounds different."

She opened her eyes. Her almond shaped, milk chocolate eyes. They widened when she saw him. dropped open as she sat up in the bath. The woman's shock and horror riveted Seunghyun's eyes to her face so he was unable to register the lithe, middle-aged body arising from the bath.  It was at this point her piercing, indignant shriek split his eardrums and he got a faceful of wet loofah as she threw it at him.