Just One Day

One Day

T.O.P knew that he only really had a few hours to see the city as it was in his future. He already had the answer to his question about his future love life. He seemed to have found an interesting and supportive partner as well as a wife. Although she wasn't quite what he was expecting. It was killing him not to know her name or how they met, but the older him was probably right and he didn't want to screw that up. Right now though, he was exhausted. He really needed a few hours of sleep to prepare for whatever the old man had for him tomorrow.

He probably would have been alright if they hadn't been so damn loud.

 

A frazzled and sleepy T.O.P came down to find the lovebirds cooing and cuddling in the kitchen as something fried and sizzled on the stove.  Irritated, the younger man glared at the happy couple balefully as he got a mug out of the cupboard and poured some coffee into it from the carafe on the counter. He grumbled to himself about how rude the couple was for keeping him up all night and then having the audacity to act so lovey dovey that early in the morning. The woman finally noticed her houseguest plotting their demise and mumbling to himself as he sat on the counter staring at them.  She elbowed the sleepy eyed man who had his arms around her waist and was rubbing dangerously close to her .  She cleared and motioned toward the other person in the room with them.  The older man turned to face his younger counterpart and gave him a satisfied and sleepy smile. The other man huffed and looked away, sipping his coffee. And subsequently burning his tongue. The older man laughed at the pained expression on his face and the woman covered with one slim hand. The woman turned back to the stove and put something on a plate. She turned back to him with a smile on her face and placed a fried egg in front of him.

Seunghyun and T.O.P sat down at the breakfast table with rice and side dishes. There was also some miso soup with vegetables.  Seunghyun dug into his own fried egg and helped himself to the rest of the food. The woman leaned back on the counter and sipped coffee and nibbled at a pear.  T.O.P looked at his food and then stared at his older self.  "What are we doing today?" the younger man asked. Seunghyun wiped his mouth with a napkin and glared at the younger version of himself, "We are going nowhere unless you eat some of this breakfast my wife cooked."  T.O.P sighed and started eating the admittedly delicious repast.  At least she could cook.

After their food was finished and Seunghyun insisted they wash the dishes afterwards, Seunghyun kissed his wife for an embarassingly long time and picked up a briefcase next to the door.  Before either of the men could open the door, it was open by a tall teenage boy who looked a lot like the two men in the doorway only his hair had a distinct auburn tint to it.  A younger girl shoved past the boy and leapt to Seunghyun.  The older man caught her and swung her around. "Happy Birthday Daddy!" she squealed.  The girl had long straight black hair and looked like her father as well, but her eyes were her mother's. Seunghyun smiled down at his daughter but noticed the shocked look on his guest's face.  He cleared his throat and set the girl back on her feet.  "Thank you sweetie, but we need to get going." the older man said, motioning to T.O.P with his head to get out the door.  The girl and boy both noticed the younger man.  They both bowed and started to introduce themselves before Seunghyun interrupted them and, grabbing T.O.P's arm and hauling him out the door, shouted "Ask your mother!" as the two men ran down the steps and into a garage.

As the older man went to the driver's side of the black coupe, "We drive?" T.O.P exclaimed.  The older man smirked and opened the car door. "We kind of had to with the two kids. Get in." he ordered the younger man. T.O.P stared at the sleek machine, dumbfounded. He jerked out of his reverie as the car started with a subdued roar.  T.O.P opened the passenger side door and slid into the leather passenger side seat.  "So where are we going?" he asked the older man. "I need to get to the office for a bit. But afterwards we can look around the city if you want." Seunghyun explained. T.O.P really wanted to know more about his family, especially the two children, but resigned himself to the fact that Seunghyun didn't want him to know anything specific.