9

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Loud thumps echoed throughout the apartment while Seomin slept. She frowned at the disturbance, her eyes shut tightly as she pulled the blanket over her head in an attempt to block out the noise. The knocks finally ceased, but soon after, she felt a heavy weight at the end of her bed. Her eyes widened, as she couldn't see who it was from beneath the blanket. After a few seconds, Seomin peeked out and sighed in relief. “God, I thought you were a thief! How did you get in here?” She sat up and pulled the blanket up to her shoulders.

 

“My access card. You weren't answering the door so I used it. Don't worry, just for emergencies.” Donghae said as he got up. He walked towards the closet and flung the doors open. “Pretty girl, what is this stuff doing in your closet?” He turned and she saw his horrified and confused face.

 

“One, my name is Seomin. Second, those are my clothes.” She crossed her arms to block his flirtatious advances.

 

He shook his head and took his phone out. He put it up to his ear, and after a few seconds, he said, “Hi this is Donghae. Cancel Seomin's private language tutor for today.” After the phone call, he looked back into the closet and flung a mint green V-neck and a pair of jeans at Seomin. “Get dressed and meet me at the lobby. I left breakfast in your fridge.”

 

She watched him leave before she dressed herself. After brushing her teeth, she took one look at her closet and shrugged. “Looks fine to me. Guess no class today isn't a bad thing though,” she said as she walked to her fridge. When Seomin opened her fridge, she saw two plastic containers consisting of yogurt with fruits and carrot sticks. She wolfed down her breakfast as she packed her sling bag with some necessities. Seomin took the elevator down and found Donghae sitting in the lobby with his sunglasses on. Her own pair were propped on top of her ball cap. “Hi.”

 

He looked up and grinned. “Hey. Let's go?”

 

“Where?” Seomin asked as she followed him out to the same car as the day before.

 

“Shopping. Your fashion is a disaster. Anyone in the entertainment industry must dress with style.” hung open and she began to wish she were in class instead. Seomin couldn't stand the strange smell of stores and the ridiculous mannequins whenever Hyeyoung dragged her to the mall. She slumped in her seat with a glum expression. She didn't want more clothes, but if this brought her closer to her dreams, then so be it.

 

------

 

They arrived at the mall and she followed him out of the car, their faces covered with sunglasses and plain ball caps. The place was massive, and as she walked beside Donghae down the corridor, she felt out of place in her clothing. It wasn’t that she was completely out of style, but the quality and brands of clothing were not of her world. She remembered Hyeyoung wearing a few of these brand names and felt the need to be careful when by her friend. How would she feel wearing those clothes now? Would every movement feel carefully thought out?

 

Please log in to read the full chapter