22

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seomin gasped as she jolted up from her sleep once again. She rubbed her forehead with the heel of her palm. “Not again…” she mumbled to herself. Her fingers trailed along her cheeks, tapping her face in hopes of ridding of any swelling from the lack of sleep. As she rubbed her neck, she heard the toilet flush. Seomin grabbed her alarm clock, clutched it near her chest, and huddled under the sheets as she awaited the intruder. When she heard the bathroom door open, she counted to three before pouncing and waving the alarm clock in the air.

 

“Woah!” Donghae yelled, grabbing Seomin’s arm and swatting the alarm clock away. It bounced and clanged on the hardwood floor before ringing as Seomin’s alarm came up. He grinned and ruffled her already messy hair. “Good morning to you too.”

 

Seomin flopped onto her back and groaned. “Why can you never come into my room in a normal way? Do you like annoying and scaring me?”

 

“Maybe,” Donghae retorted with a mischevious grin. She rolled her eyes and didn’t bother to change as Donghae was going to teach her at home. Instead, she shuffled into the kitchen and washed an apple and spread some peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat bread. When she finished preparing her breakfast, she met Donghae in her bedroom and sat on her bed, crossed legged. He raised his brow and tsked at the amount of peanut butter. “I’ll be nice today, but don’t put so much on next time.”

 

“But I’m hungry!” Seomin complained, her voice muffled by the sticky substance coated along . When she was able to swallow, she asked, “What are we doing today?”

 

Donghae made himself comfortable on the edge of her bed. “Publicity. I know it’s early, but we’re going to have to face the public fairly soon. I’m sure we’ll meet the paparazzi on our way out.”

 

“Way out?”

 

“I just want to adjust your meals in the cafeteria, but it’ll only be helpful if you taste it too. Diets only work if you enjoy the food.”

 

Seomin nodded in agreement. It would be nice to have a say in what she ate all day, even though it would be strictly regulated by Donghae and the kitchen staff. “So where do we begin?”

 

“Jeongwon has taught you Korean culture through your classes, yes?” She nodded. “Okay, so apply that into publicity, and the people will love you. Always be respectful and vibrant. Even if you feel sick, you need to smile and let everyone around you know that you appreciate them being there.”

 

“What about anti-fans?”

 

“This is extremely important. Anti-fans are easily offended and will scrutinize every word and every action. When you notice anti-fans, don’t agitate them by being overly kind – that comes off as fake. Be real, ask them how they are, and try to persuade them

Please log in to read the full chapter