29

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

The plane touched the runway on time, the morning sun just peaking over the buildings. It was about six in the morning, two in the afternoon in LA. The night before this flight, Seomin had recorded her music video, involving a lot of acting on her part. She knew it wasn’t perfect, but she hoped that her music would overshadow her weak acting. Donghae must have been exhausted from the video as well, for when Seomin tried to wake him up she nearly had to push him out of his seat before his sleepy eyes blinked open. “Oh. Sorry, I’ll get our things from the top and then we can get to work again.” Seomin nodded and followed him out of the plane. When they arrived, a driver and representative of Seoulized Music greeted them and helped them find their way around Incheon International Airport. They picked up their luggage and were able to leave the airport without much distress. Seomin was about to take a rest when she heard Donghae ask to be taken to the hair salon. What are we going to a hair salon for? I thought we were going to rehearsals. What is he planning now?

 

After an hour drive, they arrived in front of a hair salon in Seoul where Donghae and Seomin were dropped off, their belongings to be brought to their living quarters, wherever that would be. They were given cellphones to contact the driver once they were close to finishing. “Let’s go,” Donghae said as he walked into the hair salon, a simple yet modern building. “Hi, we have an appointment under Seoulized Music for this lady here.” He pushed a surprised Seomin forward.

 

“Right this way,” a stylist replied and led her to the back. She had her hair washed before she sat in a chair, her back facing the mirror per Donghae’s request. Without a word, the stylist got to work, thinning and t Seomin’s hair. Once she was done, the woman began to do a digital perm. Seomin bit her lip, afraid of what her hair would turn out to be. She mentally begged the woman to not give her an awful look.After what seemed like ages, the stylist finished her work and swiveled the chair to the mirror. Seomin’s jaw dropped at the transformation. “I hope this is to your satisfaction. I followed your company’s request.”

 

“Oh, yes, I like it. It’s very…different. I think I will have to get used to it.” Seomin’s fingers raised to the ends of her locks. He hair, once pin straight, had turned into beautiful waves.

 

Donghae came to the back after hearing the two women’s conversation from the front, where he was reading a magazine. He whistled and put his face next to Seomin’s. “My pretty girl never ceases to amaze me.” They turned to look at one another and her face flushed at the close contact as she remembered the last time their faces were this close at the recording studio.

 

“L-let’s go.” Seomin broke her eyes away from his and picked up her back, bowing to the hair stylist before leaving the salon. She noticed the van from before was nowhere in sight. “Uh, Donghae, did you call the driver back?”

 

A moment of horror washed over Donghae’s face. “Oh…right. Umm…let me call him and see where he is.”

 

While Donghae stepped away as he called the driver for his location, Seomin took this time to take in the Seoul cityscape. The buildings were even taller than those in LA with a modern design to everything. Technology seemed to be vast and easily accessed. Everywhere she looked, she saw people walking, taking the bus, or taking the cab to get to plac

Please log in to read the full chapter