43

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Follow your heart, I'll follow mine

Let the summer's love shine

Summer flings are of the past

Spring to Winter, let's make it last.”

Seomin sang as she danced across the stage with a few other dancers. It was now November, and Seomin was having her comeback stage. She couldn’t be happier with Seoulized Music’s choice to have her title song to feature her powerful vocals more than her dance skills. This was exactly what she wanted. She wanted to prove to the world that being a Korean singer didn’t mean she couldn’t sing. No, Seomin wanted to show prove that being a Korean singer meant that she had talent and had persevered through it all. As she sang for the crowd, Seomin felt as if nothing could stop her now, as if she was on top of the world. She was also pleasantly surprised to see that her fan numbers had only grown ever since her and Donghae’s dating announcement. They cheered her on, singing the fan chants diligently and in pure excitement. The whole room was filled with a roar of cheers and screams to the point Seomin wasn’t sure if the camera could even pick up her voice, but she continued on, a smile always on her face until the very last note. The crowd roared and she waved and bowed before making her way off stage. There, she saw Donghae waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs. She quickly descended the five steps before throwing herself into Donghae’s arms. He hugged her tightly. “We did it!” Seomin said breathlessly after her passionate performance.

He put her down and took a handkerchief to wipe the sweat on her brow. “I’m so proud of you Seomin. You were amazing out there, and I’m saying this right now as your manager and as a music expert. I don’t think our careers are over anytime soon.”

“No, I don’t think so either.” She leaned her head into his shoulder as they walked back to her dressing room to touch up her makeup before she went back on stage with Donghae. As the makeup artist did touch-ups and the hair stylist added a bit more hairspray to hold the stray hairs coming from her ponytail, Seomin couldn’t help but admire her boyfriend as he stood by her, getting his wardrobe, makeup, and hair checked again. He was wearing a dark red v-neck sweater overtop a denim shirt, the collar and shirt cuff on top, and a pair of black straight leg chinos. She broke her gaze as she moved to the back behind a screen to change. When she was done, Seomin came up to him to straighten out his collar. “So handsome. How did I ever deserve you?”

He pecked her lips, careful not to smudge her red lipstick. “How did I ever deserve you, my pretty girl?” She blushed as he linked their arms and led the way back to the stage. They had three minutes left before they were to go on stage as one group was finishing up recording the first part of their performance. Seomin did a bit of slow breathing and pacing as her black peep-toe heels clicked on the floor. She was wearing a white long sleeve dress that went down to her knees. The neckline did not plunge too low, as Seomin didn’t believe in selling her body to sell her music. In all honesty, after a year of wearing mostly dresses and skirts, she was beginning to feel comfortable in her new wardrobe. She had even bought heels on her own without Donghae’s help, and didn’t think twice about wearing them just to go out. Seomin had also found out she was quite fond of white clothing, which was something Donghae always worked on. Whenever she suggested she was going out to buy clothes, Donghae immediately volunteered to go with her. In their disguises, they bickered, not on the type of clothing Seomin wanted, but always on the colour. In the end, they often were able to strike a good balance between colours, white, and darks, though more towards white. “Hey,” Donghae whispered, in a surprisingly husky tone, “I know you like daydreaming about our nights together, but it’s time to put on our microphones.”

Seomin’s jaw dropped and she nearly stumbled towards the technicians. As the technicians helped put on their microphones and thread the wires through their clothes, she hissed, “I was not thinking about that.”

“Oh but you will be tonight,” he whispered, adding a wink in the end. She rolled her eyes. Ever since their first night, Donghae was affectionate, always teasing, and wanting a little more every day. Seomin, on the other hand, never let it go much farther than cuddling or making out. On the rare ocassion, she would agree to making love. After all, Seomin would always remember the one night where they had done several rounds too many and the next morning, she had a hard time walking around. It didn’t help that on that day, she was going to a company luncheon. The rest of

Please log in to read the full chapter