33

Learning a New Life
Please log in to read the full chapter

She stared at him and then at their hands. Seomin must have been staring at them for some time because Donghae stooped his face down and cocked his head, looking into her eyes. A small smile spread on her lips as she squeezed his hand and asked, “Can I say something?” He nodded. “I heard you the first time.”

 

“Huh? I only said it once. What do you mean the first time?”

 

“I mean the time you told me after the fan meeting. I wasn’t exactly sleeping,” Seomin said sheepishly.

 

His jaw dropped and he blinked three times before he ruffled her hair and slowly pulled her into a hug. She pouted. “Why’d you make me say it twice? Aish. So embarrassing…” he muttered into her hair. turned from a pout into a smile. She loved the way his breath felt on her head. They stayed in the position for a few minutes, embracing one another as they soaked up this moment. He slightly released her and looked down into her eyes. “Do… do you love me?”

 

Seomin thought of their time together. The laughter, the smiles, the jokes, but also the hurt, anger, and tears. He taught her everything to know about the industry, pulling strings to allow her into better classes, classes that would challenge her physically and mentally. Donghae was the one who encouraged her, believed in her, and knew she had what it took to be successful. He had saved her from hell, saved her from her nightmares, and pulled her out of her misery. He nourished her back to life with words and food, even staying up with her when she couldn’t sleep after a nightmare. Donghae helped her return to society a stronger, better woman. He was her air, her life line, her strength when she had none left. Throughout their journey together, she honestly believed he was the one. “I think, I think I love you,” she muttered. He leaned one side of his head closer. Seomin whined. “Do I have to say it again?” He nodded like a child anticipating a sweet treat. “I love you Lee Donghae. More than you or the world think.” She leaned her head on his chest, afraid to look at him after saying those words for a second time. I see what he means by embarrassing.

 

He chuckled, but then sighed immediately. “I wish I could of told you sooner. No, not wish, I wanted to tell you this sooner, but I didn’t want to lose you. I was afraid you wouldn’t return my feelings,” Donghae said, playing with her hair. “And I didn’t want to pull you back from your career. I mean, you just started! I didn’t want you to abandon all your work just for me. I wouldn’t let you. Music is your life and my life. I wouldn’t want you to leave behind the thing that brought and bonded us together.”

 

She pulled away and thumped his chest with her hand. “Did anyone tell you that you’re stupid?” His eyes widened in shock at her

Please log in to read the full chapter